• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder IN-STOCK thread

Warning to those ordering from cabelas/bass pro. There’s a bunch of us that just got order canceled emails for the varget they “had in stock” last week. Pending charge has been on my card the whole time

• Sad
Reactions: x2cross
Brownells does still show IMR4064 in stock (8# only). After shipping it works out to $ 54.50 a pound. Ridiculous pricing honestly. Going to make myself wait until somebody has 8 pounds of varget up again.

Had the 4831SC in my cart and I couldnt do it, I did not feel like being RAPED today. These prices are HORRIBLE.
Agree. Hodgdon taking advantage of their customers. Interestingly, I think Hodgdon's dominance in the LR precision market is rapidly diminishing with other manufacturers like VV, Alliant and others getting on board with temp insensitive powders and adding a de-coppering agent to boot. Personally, I'm headed away from Hodgdon. These tough times allow us to see just which manufacturers and suppliers are willing to stick it to their customers.

Last edited:
Agree. Hodgdon taking advantage of their customers. Interestingly, I think Hodgdon's dominance in the LR precision market is rapidly diminishing with other manufacturers like VV, Alliant and others getting on board with temp insensitive powders and adding a de-coppering agent to boot. Personally, I'm headed away from Hodgdon. These tough times allow us to see just which manufacturers and suppliers are willing to stick it to their customers.
I think so too, especially with VV . I'm tempted to try some of their stuff because of who and how many I've seen talk about how good it is these days

Texas ammunition has 6.5 PRC Norma 143 match ammo for 28$ a box, 29$ for shipping. No limit on how much you can buy. Makes the shipping a little easier to stomach.

Reactions: wade2big
Midsouth has Aguila small pistol primers in stock

Reactions: HolmesDefense
Had the 4831SC in my cart and I couldnt do it, I did not feel like being RAPED today. These prices are HORRIBLE.

Powder Valley has H4831sc pounders in stock right now for $45. I picked up a keg of RL16 there yesterday for $324, definitely more than I paid for my last one, but better than most anywhere else.

Reactions: nrspence
Remember folks, Hodgdon doesn't make a single kernel of powder. They buy in bulk, rebrand, and repackage it. If their suppliers have decided to raise prices... Shit rolls down hill.

I know that doesn't ease the pain any. But try to keep some perspective.

Mike

Reactions: TEUFEL820
Remember folks, Hodgdon doesn't make a single kernel of powder. They buy in bulk, rebrand, and repackage it. If their suppliers have decided to raise prices... Shit rolls down hill.

Mike
IMHO I think a lot of companies are taking advantage of the economic crisis. We as customers have the power to say enough. If we refuse to pay the asking price and reduce the demand prices will come down. The value of an item is what someone is willing to pay for it.

Mike

Also, since they started selling direct they've pretty much always been higher than you could find it through the good retailers, I believe in an effort to not undercut all the dealers down the chain in their normal distribution path.

Reactions: riverside jeep
Also, since they started selling direct they've pretty much always been higher than you could find it through the good retailers, I believe in an effort to not undercut all the dealers down the chain in their normal distribution path.
More expensive than their dealers but less expensive than gunbroker puts them in a place where they don’t hurt the dealers but they still undercut the resellers.

I believe there are still 2-3 a single pound varget at mid south if anyone is looking for a few. Hopefully they get another #8 shipment soon. This one lasted less time than it took me to get through checkout

H 4350 in stock at Powder Valley. Unfortunately they are charging sales tax now on all orders.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
Varget @ PV. (Might need to try the refresh rodeo)
When i refresh it occasionally pops in as in stock, but as soon as I hit "cart" it errors out.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
Looks like they had ONE eight pound jug. Everytime I went to add it to my cart it said none in stock, but the page still said one. I called and they said it still showed in stock so i placed the order on the phone. Fingers crossed lol.

Reactions: MisterAnderson
When i refresh it occasionally pops in as in stock, but as soon as I hit "cart" it errors out.
Somehow I snagged an 8lb'er doing the refresh rodeo. Pure luck probably. It's still high but I'll be damned if I pay Hodgdon's price.

Somehow I snagged an 8lb'er doing the refresh rodeo. Pure luck probably. It's still high but I'll be damned if I pay Hodgdon's price.
Now here’s to hoping when I placed the order on the phone the inventory count wasn’t off lol. When I called she said it showed in stock one one total for today, and there appears to be 2-3 of us that successfully ordered it lol

Midsouth has a bunch of Berger bullets in stock, mostly for 30 cal and 6mm, a few other cals. Sadly no 6.5 140's or 144's.

Reactions: KZP
2FEDEA59-F954-4D9C-B0F5-3A7AE6C9EFD4.png

• Haha
Reactions: BCX
Looks like a scam sight!
Can anyone verify they are legit. Even if they are, fuck paying $69 a lb before hazmat/shipping.
They have delivered 27 1 pounders to me in the last. 3 weeks.
You need to camp out on their site.
Looks like a scam sight!
Can anyone verify they are legit. Even if they are, fuck paying $69 a lb before hazmat/shipping.

Attachments

• A8E63BC2-2E25-47FE-AA16-81B1904F1FC8.png
    A8E63BC2-2E25-47FE-AA16-81B1904F1FC8.png
    602.5 KB · Views: 65
My rifle REALLY likes IMR4350. Anyone have eyes on some in stock?

M
Setting up alerts on these 2 websites have really helped me get a jump on in-stock items.

Not great price, but better than Midway's ATM

H-1000 1 pounders in stock at $45/ lb and hazmat is only $20. I just bought 10lbs

Cool I just snagged an 8 lb of N555 and they gave 45$ off. How ever, don’t forget how much brown smells bumps thier prices anyway. But N555 is worth it