• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder unavailability

Hodgdon's manufactures Nothing ,they're a super distributor as is Vista Outdoors ,both simply OWN names and rights of manufacture .

98% of ALL smokeless powders are manufactured in foreign Countries ,exported too the USA . Smokeless Powder manufactures have shifted ownership or controlling interest % significantly over the past decade .

St. Marks, Winchester owned by General Dynamics division ATK Industries . LCAAP was awarded to ATK ,aka Winchester and hence with the shift NO civilian sales on over runs . Personally I believe that's due to Mr. Magoo and his goons over at the Nut farm and nothing with manufacturing or supply train .

Fyi : Commercial powders aka canister powders have virtually Nothing to do with Bulk Industrial grade aka Military contract powders .

Old days when Bruce Hodgdon started out , He re packaged Mil surplus ,YES it had everything to do with Bulk modern smokeless Military powder redistributed in smaller canister quantities . Today totally separate entities ,yet some powders share dual purpose .

Pricing is reflective of Bidenomics aka Mr. Magoo along with World conflicts and corporate greed monopoly along with shareholder % returns aka Stock Values performance .

Those that have the power , Rule over the sheeple . Stop paying exorbitant prices and see where pricing goes . IF you haven't stockpiled enough power bullets primers cases for the duration of the seize ,than it SUCKS to be YOU !!.

Yeah, I tried to help but I should have known better. Some people were born to be the dead horse.

I had fantastic ES and SD the other day shooting Varget that was at least 15 years old.
Did your batch by chance get hotter? I got some 20yr old stuff that won't get close to latest book maxes.

I would love to hear your complaints more about powder that has been discontinued for years now. Hodgdon is cleaning up their line of powders and several powders that are redundant will be discontinued. Other powders are just plain hard to find right now like Retumbo.
While you are at it,bring back the old Hodgdon reloading site. The "new and improved" one is a POS. I read where Frank or what ever his first name is , with the last name Hodgdon reported that the new site was designed as to accessible be cell phones all places including the range . Just what we need , someone , ect. tieing up a spots at the range so he / they thring to show other how smart they are by discussing loading data.
The old site let one list several powders on each cartage so one could compare several powders at one time for velocity and pressures.
What was it , profit margin OR ? that caused the cancellation of IMR 4451 ??
Following an old MARINE motto, "it's better to have and NOT need, than to need and not have" I stocked up as best I could, and have started testing alliterative powders, RL 16 & 17, VVN 550 & 555 and even AA 4350.

Hodgdon's manufactures Nothing ,they're a super distributor as is Vista Outdoors ,both simply OWN names and rights of manufacture .

98% of ALL smokeless powders are manufactured in foreign Countries ,exported too the USA . Smokeless Powder manufactures have shifted ownership or controlling interest % significantly over the past decade .

St. Marks, Winchester owned by General Dynamics division ATK Industries . LCAAP was awarded to ATK ,aka Winchester and hence with the shift NO civilian sales on over runs . Personally I believe that's due to Mr. Magoo and his goons over at the Nut farm and nothing with manufacturing or supply train .

Fyi : Commercial powders aka canister powders have virtually Nothing to do with Bulk Industrial grade aka Military contract powders .

Old days when Bruce Hodgdon started out , He re packaged Mil surplus ,YES it had everything to do with Bulk modern smokeless Military powder redistributed in smaller canister quantities . Today totally separate entities ,yet some powders share dual purpose .

Pricing is reflective of Bidenomics aka Mr. Magoo along with World conflicts and corporate greed monopoly along with shareholder % returns aka Stock Values performance .

Those that have the power , Rule over the sheeple . Stop paying exorbitant prices and see where pricing goes . IF you haven't stockpiled enough power bullets primers cases for the duration of the seize ,than it SUCKS to be YOU !!.
Thank You for the information I am all right now stockpile wise but at the rate I am shooting 4 new guns I will be needing to replenish so call this enlightened sell interest

Reactions: Ex E6
The solution is (and always has been) don't buy it if you feel the price is too high.

This works twofold...

It decreases demand. Eventually this allows supply to meet demand.

Once supply meets (or exceeds) demand, prices will fall. They have to fall in order for the product to move... Retailers will have to drop prices to compete with each other.

If supply remains static and retailers need to move inventory, there will be some retailers who may sell the product at their cost... Perhaps even at a small loss while hoping to recoup that loss with markup on other products.

If no one can get the product you want, then it won't be available at any price.

If they are able to get it and demand is high, the price will reflect that high demand.

If the price is too high for you... Don't buy it. That's your option.

Mike

You just quoted and insulted yourself.
Quality content we didn't need, but deserve. 🤩

forget_it_he_s_rolling-DMID1-5hiej78ui-250x250.gif

Folks who have taken the time to reply to my call in the wilderness.
I thought my letter would find some support among re-loaders who are frustrated about the problem getting powder. I guess I just kicked over a nest hornets of Powder Maker Lovers.
If any of you good people out there think I am right; join in an write a letter too.
you're ignorance is pretty straight forward. Those powders have been discontinued, because they weren't that good. Insulting others on here isn't going to help your original sin of posting something so stupid. Internet Ninja at it's best

6-12 months ago was Powder as well as Primer window of opportunity ,IMO . I was purchasing " Most " mainstream brands of rifle powders for $206.00 - $242.00 per 8 lb. . Didn't need any per-say however handwriting was in stone ,so decided to carry a full index . IMR brand was the most difficult to obtain in High power Rifle flavor or high energy Rifle powder . Hodgdons and VV was on the low end ,as Alliant started creeping up in their pricing , #3-4 months ago all hell broke lose . MY belief is Transportation issues ,as well as conflicts escalations and manufactures hedging against INFLATION being primary cost increase factors .
Picked up #3K Federal Gold Medal SR ,LP, LR for $134.50 W/tax .

Raw materials haven't exceeded 6% total that I can find anywhere ,so it most certainly isn't Material increases .

Attachments

• Fed Gold Match SR primers.jpg
    Fed Gold Match SR primers.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Federal Gold Medal Match primers.jpg
    Federal Gold Medal Match primers.jpg
    764.2 KB · Views: 18
you're ignorance is pretty straight forward. Those powders have been discontinued, because they weren't that good. Insulting others on here isn't going to help your original sin of posting something so stupid. Internet Ninja at it's best
Well there are a lot of other ignoramuses because these numbers are straight out of the latest reloading manuals and are listed by all the powder dealers and they are the powders I have been using so maybe I will need some new powders but I am sincere in my effort I doubt yours shit head

• Haha
Reactions: Emerson0311
I keep watching this thread to see where it will go...sorry but I couldn't resist on attaching the deer pic....

@cuirc

^^^ This guy right here above will get you straight on the benefits of using abrasives and bronze brushes to clean your bore after a range session with slightly older powder. Literally 3 times the life of the barrel.

• Wow
Reactions: Frank Green
P. S. Every Powder supplier from Brownells to Power valley list these powders as temporarily out of stock click to notify I guess your smarter than all of them. Friend

P. S. Every Powder supplier from Brownells to Power valley list these powders as temporarily out of stock click to notify I guess your smarter than all of them. Friend
Then just go ahead and click on the "click to notify" tab then. Click it and wait to be notified. Go ahead. Click it. Then sit there and hold your breath.

Hodgdon released a statement that they were discontinuing the Enduron line of powders a couple years ago. There was quite a discussion/outcry about it on the internet.

Don't believe me? Or anyone else saying the same thing? Try Googling it.

Mike

The OP is probably an older gentleman that has been in and out of shooting/reloading during his
time on earth. He probably does not shoot 1K rounds a year and has been accustomed to getting the
powder he needs when he needs it.

Maybe he does not live on internet forums and has other pressing matters or interests in his life.
So now he tries to get the powders he wants and is having difficulty getting them and is copping a bitch on
the internet.

Give the guy a break, give the elders a little respect because one day it will be YOU.

The OP is probably an older gentleman that has been in and out of shooting/reloading during his
time on earth. He probably does not shoot 1K rounds a year and has been accustomed to getting the

Maybe he does not live on internet forums and has other pressing matters or interests in his life.
So now he tries to get the powders he wants and is having difficulty getting them and is copping a bitch on
the internet.

Give the guy a break, give the elders a little respect because one day it will be YOU.

I can see that scenario being likely.

As far as "Give the guy a break, give the elders a little respect because one day it will be YOU".....point noted.

Hell, I'm already an old geezer some days. In time, I'll be on "old geezer time" 24/7. :)

Old coot is my bet
Hi Tinker: if by Old Coot you mean someone who utilizes the first amendment to express an opinion based on the available information. I have not seen any articles in the relevant publications stating that the powered I cite are obsolete. Old yeah, I am old, Some people can sped a queens fortune stocking up others are not that fortunate. In my case my stock is running out and there are no new supplies. I can't understand you or pirate or others that are so negative. I bet you guys have no concern with the progressives that must have something to do with our component dry up. Maybe this is a conspiracy. The government is tracking everyone of us who engages in all facets of shooting sports.
So old yeah 79 Coot takes one to know one. Better wake up and start protesting these incursions in our freedoms.

Hi Tinker: if by Old Coot you mean someone who utilizes the first amendment to express an opinion based on the available information. I have not seen any articles in the relevant publications stating that the powered I cite are obsolete. Old yeah, I am old, Some people can sped a queens fortune stocking up others are not that fortunate. In my case my stock is running out and there are no new supplies. I can't understand you or pirate or others that are so negative. I bet you guys have no concern with the progressives that must have something to do with our component dry up. Maybe this is a conspiracy. The government is tracking everyone of us who engages in all facets of shooting sports.
So old yeah 79 Coot takes one to know one. Better wake up and start protesting these incursions in our freedoms.

Older and wiser it seems . :ROFLMAO: cuirc kicks ass ! Especially kicks ass when it comes to that fatty that wears pink shorts to a pistol competition, what a loser . :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: missed again
Please take your thorazine

the internet.

Sniper's Hide is like internet prison. New guy shows up like a sick fish in the tank and it's game on! Here you are like Morgan Freeman in Shawshank giving a profound speech on morality. :LOL: I did have to check if this got put in the pit accidently, but really there's not much distinction anymore.

You know this reminds me of a story about a chicken
Where I worked we could be pretty rough on each other but if we didn't like you we wouldn't bother with you. One thing we did among us was like chickens when one of us got wounded the rest of us pecked him to death (figuratively)

Where I worked we could be pretty rough on each other but if we didn't like you we wouldn't bother with you. One thing we did among us was like chickens when one of us got wounded the rest of us pecked him to death (figuratively)

Hay Sergeant,

So you say you’ve engaged in group pecking.

Dayum.

• Wow
Reactions: tinker
@cuirc just came out as a group peckering cock…..or hen.

Right here on The Hide.

Another coming out post.

Reactions: Big Phish
Where I worked we could be pretty rough on each other…

Whew…..relief.

For a moment there I thought this was gonna be a Richard Gere hamster type of confession….

Reactions: RTH1800

Powder unavailability

Powder availability.

who cares where it is unavailable…….find out where you can score it and strike fast, strike hard…..with the gusto ya’ll demonstrated on each other’s arses during your cock & hen parties.