• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prayer Request Thread

And also remember, to quote Garth Brooks, sometimes God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.

Reactions: Ichi
Need some guidance.

Young man who has worked for me is having financial troubles, just got his car repossessed. I'm guessing he's more than one month behind if they took it. He's been a good worker and frankly, w/o his help on this job I would have been in a jam. I'm far from wealthy but have a bit stashed. I just need some clarity in how far to go to help out. Loan him my truck I only use occasionally? Loan him some $$$. I know he's got a couple firearms I might take as security.

Just looking for the way from the big guy.

Maggot out.
Thanks for prayers on this, I wanted to do a follow up.

The guidance I got was to wait. Turns out his mom lent him some cash and he made his payments, got his car back. Found a new job nearer to home and at least for now is doing well. I hope that continues, he's a good young man who had a rough start in life but has done pretty well despite that. good reliable worker, I think he'll do well, if the world doesnt go to hell on all of us...which it is doing.

Thanks for prayers on this, I wanted to do a follow up.

The guidance I got was to wait. Turns out his mom lent him some cash and he made his payments, got his car back. Found a new job nearer to home and at least for now is doing well. I hope that continues, he's a good young man who had a rough start in life but has done pretty well despite that. good reliable worker, I think he'll do well, if the world doesnt go to hell on all of us...which it is doing.
Good to hear. We often get in a hurry and when we are patient it helps build faith.
Great job in supporting the next generation.

Reactions: JR_77 and Ichi
Not exactly a prayer request... I attended this conference recently and thought that I'd share these. I you have some free time, they are encouraging, worth watching and perhaps life changing.

Hey yall.

If you would pray for my cousin Celia snd her two kids Zoey and Cooper.
Her husband and the kids dad died on Thursday in a car wreck.

He was 100% their rock and a man’s man everyone liked.
Quiet and easy going, strong and hard working.
Long time volunteer fireman in their small town and the assistant chief at age 38.
I had known him since high school, when he and my cousin started dating.

Also, one of my close friend’s dad, Tom, who just went on hospice for heart failure and renal failure.
He is doing well.
Doc asked him why he was in such good spirits.
“I know Jesus!!” he said loudly and with a smile.
Please pray for his continued peace and for his family.
He is 75 and a Vietnam vet.

Hey yall.

Long time volunteer fireman in their small town and the assistant chief at age 38.

Also, one of my close friend’s dad, Tom, who just went on hospice for heart failure and renal failure.
He is doing well.

Prayers for all of those folks. Can you disclose their location? Maybe someone can help out in other ways.

God Bless!

Prayers for all of those folks. Can you disclose their location? Maybe someone can help out in other ways.

God Bless!

NW MO.
DeKalb county to be exact.
Not too far from @Marinevet1, closer to where he grew up (25 miles from where I grew up)

Lotta close family very near, so they are well covered in support.

Appreciate the thought.
Friends of mine I met through here have offered too.
Some 8+ hrs away from them.

Hey yall.

He is doing well.
Prayers for your cousin and their family plus your friends dad.

Life looks so much different from the perspective of 73 as opposed to 23. :cool:

Once again looking for guidance.:unsure:

I'm not going to say a lot about the situation as I'm not looking for advice, but guidance and inspiration from the Almighty.😇

Since we reap what we sow, and every action has an equal and opposite reaction, I'll start by offering one for all those out there who need the same.

May your path be clear, your steps steady, your joy be full.

“Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12‬:‭1‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Life looks so much different from the perspective of 73 as opposed to 23. :cool:

I'm not going to say a lot about the situation as I'm not looking for advice, but guidance and inspiration from the Almighty.😇

Since we reap what we sow, and every action has an equal and opposite reaction, I'll start by offering one for all those out there who need the same.

Amen to that. And I have paraphrased a saying from Jesus. Each day, we each live and die by the sword of our own choosing.

I do not often pray to ask for something, though I have done so for others. Regardless of the "hate cops at all costs" thread, I have prayed for a police officer in another town who slipped and broke his neck on the ice. God, please help this man recover and get back to his family and work.

I also give thanks for blessings received. My wife has had medical problems and now lives in a skilled nursing facility, which may be where she lives for the rest of her days. But back when she was in the hospital and had a trache to assist with the ventilator, it got plugged and she lost her pulse (Code Blue.) Rescue efforts were applied and it started again. She came back from the dead, thanks to God and the fine people who have trained for such situations. It could have been her time to go home but not yet.

Prayers for you sir.

Reactions: Longshot231
Little update:
Friend is doing well.
Has Colon CA, looks like they got it.
Get the full story tomorrow from him.

He has been home for just over a week, tuning up well, and we are gonna burn a little powder on his range in the AM.

Just talked to him and dang, sounds like himself. 😁

Thanks again for the prayers.

Little update:
Friend is doing well.

He has been home for just over a week, tuning up well, and we are gonna burn a little powder on his range in the AM.

I had a colonoscopy last winter. 4 benign polyps removed, so I lucked out, so far. God bless you and your friend.

Little update:
Friend is doing well.

Continuing with prayers. He is Risen! Amazing hope in a simple phrase.

Prayers requested for a family friend. He has a lot of things wrong with him and went missing this morning without any notice. He's 72 years old and doesn't really know who he is any more. Somehow he got into the family car and just took off. A Silver Alert was broadcast by the Maryland State Police, but no luck as of 5pm today.

Please say a prayer for his safe return, his family is devastated.

Thank you!

Prayers requested for a family friend. He has a lot of things wrong with him and went missing this morning without any notice. He's 72 years old and doesn't really know who he is any more. Somehow he got into the family car and just took off. A Silver Alert was broadcast by the Maryland State Police, but no luck as of 5pm today.

Thank you!
Praying for safety and safe return!

Thank you!

He has been found safe and is resting at his home this morning. The police found him overnight.

Prayers were answered. Praise God!

He has been found safe and is resting at his home this morning. The police found him overnight.

Prayers were answered. Praise God!
Great. I had to chuckle a bit, my mom wandered out of the nursing home. They found her walking up the street, headed for 'Momma's' which had been gone for 60 years.

At least she wasnt driving.

The thing that scared us the most was he was operating a motor vehicle. We weren't just concerned about his health but what he could have done to others. As far as we know, he wasn't involved in any accidents, so there's at least that.

He doesn't remember anything, not even where the police found him. He's really gone downhill in the last year. It's sad because he was an outstanding cabinet maker.

The church that I attend, started a new series on mental health. Here are the first two messages in the series.

Reactions: Chaps5800
The church that I attend, started a new series on mental health. Here are the first two messages in the series.

I watched part of it and think it good that the church is opening up to that.

On the other hand, I'll go out on a limb and disagree with the 'experts' and say that 99% of what we're seeing is not 'Mental' illness but rather 'Emotional' illness. If you look at most of the ones who commit mass killings, they are relatively functioning, reasonable, people that just go off the deep and in anger/rage/fear/ you name it, but those are all 'Emotions' that overwhelm the reason, and in pain, push the individual to do desperate stuff.

The 'Mental' part just processes what is fed to it.

Think of the times in rage (an emotion) you may have wanted to fuck somebody up really bad or permanent. Then, fortunately 'Reason' took over and you stopped. The same thing happens with the ones who snap, the reason just gets overwhelmed.

Reactions: Ichi
I watched part of it and think it good that the church is opening up to that.

On the other hand, I'll go out on a limb and disagree with the 'experts' and say that 99% of what we're seeing is not 'Mental' illness but rather 'Emotional' illness. If you look at most of the ones who commit mass killings, they are relatively functioning, reasonable, people that just go off the deep and in anger/rage/fear/ you name it, but those are all 'Emotions' that overwhelm the reason, and in pain, push the individual to do desperate stuff.

The 'Mental' part just processes what is fed to it.

Think of the times in rage (an emotion) you may have wanted to fuck somebody up really bad or permanent. Then, fortunately 'Reason' took over and you stopped. The same thing happens with the ones who snap, the reason just gets overwhelmed.
I agree on the emotional illness but also realize that the majority of the mass shootings were committed on people taking the prescribed anti-depressants.

IMHO, that is the major problem; taking pills to make one happy has serious side effects.

I agree on the emotional illness but also realize that the majority of the mass shootings were committed on people taking the prescribed anti-depressants.

IMHO, that is the major problem; taking pills to make one happy has serious side effects.
That is/can be a factor for certain. Reality dont change just because you take a pill.

Gentlemen, I have an urgent prayer request. A friend's 11 year old son took a 40-foot fall while on a rock climbing trip and has multiple, severe, traumatic injuries. The fall occurred on Friday. I learned about it today. He was airlifted to Portland and is in "stable but critical condition" as of this morning. All prayer support is appreciated. The family are all believers. Thank you.

Gentlemen, I have an urgent prayer request. A friend's 11 year old son took a 40-foot fall while on a rock climbing trip and has multiple, severe, traumatic injuries. The fall occurred on Friday. I learned about it today. He was airlifted to Portland and is in "stable but critical condition" as of this morning. All prayer support is appreciated. The family are all believers. Thank you.
I’m behind on reading but will pray for this young man’s healing and the family!

Prayers for your friends son and his family.