• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prayer Request Thread

Gentlemen, I have an urgent prayer request. A friend's 11 year old son took a 40-foot fall while on a rock climbing trip and has multiple, severe, traumatic injuries. The fall occurred on Friday. I learned about it today. He was airlifted to Portland and is in "stable but critical condition" as of this morning. All prayer support is appreciated. The family are all believers. Thank you.
Just saw this
Prayers for him and his family

And an update on a prior request.
My friend who had surgery and a new cancer diagnosis is meeting with docs and getting the full treatment plan figured out.
Not 100% what he is gonna do, and know he is there.
He also has to get some neck work done, some buggered up spots on the spine from old stuff (not cancer related) to get fixed so his L hand will maybe work again.

Also, if you could pray for my daughter Harper. She is 11 and is having a really tough time. Not 100% sure all the details of why, and it is really impacting her a lot.
For sure a little devine intervention and comfort for her would be very much appreciated.

My friend who had surgery and a new cancer diagnosis is meeting with docs and getting the full treatment plan figured out.
He also has to get some neck work done, some buggered up spots on the spine from old stuff (not cancer related) to get fixed so his L hand will maybe work again.

Also, if you could pray for my daughter Harper. She is 11 and is having a really tough time. Not 100% sure all the details of why, and it is really impacting her a lot.
For sure a little devine intervention and comfort for her would be very much appreciated.
I've got a soft spot for kids, so 'incoming.' Life tends to get traumatic at about that age, peer pressure, puberty starting, etc Just be there and let her know youre always availabe. She'll be fine.

I will be praying for them both, and for wisdom and tenderness for you as a father as you help lead and love your daughter through her difficulties.

Prayers for your buddy and daughter Harper.

Praying for your daughter also

well one had a large amount bleeding from surgery and it completely stopped on its own today, might get discharged tomorrow. Other was discharged Sunday, but not much changed condition wise.

Not a prayer request but some links to an interesting to a story about Chaplain Henry Gerecke. He was a Chaplain to the Nazi war criminals at Nuremberg.

I share this to show that NOBODY is beyond God's mercy. That gives me a good feeling. If the Lord can forgive Nazi war criminals, he can forgive human scum like me.

I also share this as a point of showing that a lot of people facing death for their criminal acts, finally get serious about Jesus Christ. Some don't and that's their loss.

We see a lot of people mocking God in public and on social media. They boast and brag the loudest when they show the middle finger to the King of Kings. They won't be so boastful when they meet him face-to-face.

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." Hebrews 10:31

I plan on buying the book about Chaplain Gerecke.

Reactions: Maggot and Ichi
Not a prayer request but some links to an interesting to a story about Chaplain Henry Gerecke. He was a Chaplain to the Nazi war criminals at Nuremberg.

I share this to show that NOBODY is beyond God's mercy. That gives me a good feeling. If the Lord can forgive Nazi war criminals, he can forgive human scum like me.

I also share this as a point of showing that a lot of people facing death for their criminal acts, finally get serious about Jesus Christ. Some don't and that's their loss.

We see a lot of people mocking God in public and on social media. They boast and brag the loudest when they show the middle finger to the King of Kings. They won't be so boastful when they meet him face-to-face.

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." Hebrews 10:31

I plan on buying the book about Chaplain Gerecke.

The first has to do with the men to whom he ministered, the ones who repented and believed in Christ.The scandal of Christianity is not that these men went to heaven; it is that God loved them so much that he was willing to die to get them there. Had it been a human decision, many would have thrown these men into the flames of hell. But the truth is that people are not condemned because they murder, or steal, or lie, but because they reject Jesus as the one who has already endured hell for them on the cross, and earned a place for them in heaven. Should an opportunity arise in the future for the Gospel to be shared with ISIS militants who have been captured, this same Good News would be for them. They too would need a chaplain like Pastor Gerecke to call them to repentance, to preach Christ’s grace, to declare to them the mercy of God. There is no one who is so vile that he is beyond redemption, because the redemption of Christ envelops all people.

Never heard it put quite that way, but .....I was no Nazi but did some pretty awful things while young, angry, and ignorant. some of them hurt or destroyed lives. If I can be forgiven, anyone can.

But then, if you accept at face value, what Christ said, "God IS Love" how could he do otherwise?

Asking for prayer. I need emergency oral surgery for serious dental problem. I am a terrible patient in the dental chair. Without going into detail, everything about it is terrible. I'm so frightened about it that sometimes I get the shakes. Had a lot of problems in the past that proved to be extremely painful. Had problems getting x-rays the other day. I kept gagging. Hopefully they can knock me out without any problems. Thanks.

Asking for prayer. I need emergency oral surgery for serious dental problem. I am a terrible patient in the dental chair. Without going into detail, everything about it is terrible. I'm so frightened about it that sometimes I get the shakes. Had a lot of problems in the past that proved to be extremely painful. Had problems getting x-rays the other day. I kept gagging. Hopefully they can knock me out without any problems. Thanks.
Understood.

Remember to be thankful that you live in a time that they can repair you. 100 years ago you'd face long pain with no relief and then slow agonizing death.

Surgery, while not perfect, has come along way. I got a hew hip.

Being thankful blocks a lot of fear.

Good luck

Mag

Understood.

Remember to be thankful that you live in a time that they can repair you. 100 years ago you'd face long pain with no relief and then slow agonizing death.

Surgery, while not perfect, has come along way. I got a hew hip.

Being thankful blocks a lot of fear.

Good luck

Mag
All true. I've had other surgeries in the last 10 years without any problem. The mouth is another problem.

Reactions: JR_77 and Maggot
Sounds like you've had a tough week. Didn't you also have to get stitches too?

Prayers up either way.

Prayers @Longshot231

They work.

My friend is kicking butt after he was pretty scared getting his neck cut on.

My daughter found her power and strength through prayer just this week. Jaws dropped and school bully's were silenced and she never raised a fist.
Thanks. Prayer does work. I regret that I don't do it enough.

Something spiritual. Despite his carousing and drinking, I don't think he could have ever sang some of his songs and recitations without being a Christian. This one has always been one of my favorites.

Prayers Up!

Reactions: Longshot231
I was there 2 years ago. You’ll be fine. Keep the faith my brother

Prayers @Longshot231

They work.

My friend is kicking butt after he was pretty scared getting his neck cut on.

My daughter found her power and strength through prayer just this week. Jaws dropped and school bully's were silenced and she never raised a fist.
There is power in speaking the Truth.

Not only in North Korea but other countries where Christians are persecuted are in need of prayer. We have it easy in the US but not for long, unless there is a revival.

Note that where there are NO gun rights there are NO religious rights.

Suggested reading for Pride Month:

Leviticus 18:22
Leviticus 20:13
Jude 1:7
Romans 1:26-28
Mark 10:6-9
1 Kings 15:12
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
1 Timothy 1:8-11
Hebrews 13:4
1 Corinthians 7:2
1 Corinthians 6:17-20

Also remember that God put the rainbow in the sky. The sodomites have tried to change it's meaning. Man should not change what God has said.

Suggested reading for Pride Month:

Leviticus 18:22
Leviticus 20:13
Jude 1:7
Romans 1:26-28
Mark 10:6-9
1 Kings 15:12
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
1 Timothy 1:8-11
Hebrews 13:4
1 Corinthians 7:2
1 Corinthians 6:17-20

Also remember that God put the rainbow in the sky. The sodomites have tried to change it's meaning. Man should not change what God has said.
In the spirit of the thread, I'll withhold comment.

If you could pray for my friend and brother in Christ, Jeremy. His wife delivered a still born full term today. It's devastating. Only a parent who has been through losing a child understands this pain. Sadly my wife and I have and we are ministering to our friends as best we can.

Pray for their comfort and that they would feel the love and confidence of Christ in the body of believers upholding them in prayer and in closer material help for a time.

If you could pray for my friend and brother in Christ, Jeremy. His wife delivered a still born full term today. It's devastating. Only a parent who has been through losing a child understands this pain. Sadly my wife and I have and we are ministering to our friends as best we can.

Pray for their comfort and that they would feel the love and confidence of Christ in the body of believers upholding them in prayer and in closer material help for a time.
Almighty God care's about them more than even their closest friends and loved one. Praying now.

Reactions: JR_77 and Ichi

Praying for them and y’all as you minister

Prayers Up!

My wife and I went through 3 miscarriages, they were all early term and still hard enough. I cannot imagine the devastation. I am praying for their healing, understanding and strength.

The other problem tooth was removed today. They used the IV sedation (twilight sleep). This bothered me as I have had problems in the past of being combative when sedated like that.

I was told that I didn't cause any problems and didn't cuss the entire time. Although they did tie my arms down at the start of the procedure and I can't blame them.

I can't thank everyone enough for your prayers. One tooth getting pulled may not sound like a big deal considering that LOTS of people have worse problems. Except I'm a coward in a dental chair and am not afraid to admit it.

Thanks again and God bless!