• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prayer Request Thread

More prayers for BullGear please folks:

"I must be broken. I'm getting over my 3rd case of Covid. First one was just a cold, second one almost killed me and this time was something in between. However this 3rd time was complicated by many factors.

I had a heart attack on November 4th. Had surgery and was home recuperating. Couldn't breathe and found out I I had congestive heart failure with fluid overload, which meant my heart was encased on a large sack of fluid. Went into the hospital again and had non stop dialysis for 2 days. Came home, had Thanksgiving dinner and came down with Covid.

Between the new meds and Covid, I had some wild side effects. Dizziness and lack of energy was and still is the most difficult issue I have to deal with. Fell getting on the toilet and couldn't get up. I laid there until my strength returned. Very humiliating. I can't get up and my wife is freaking out. I finally had enough and told her to shut up and let me regain some energy.

Heart attack, CHF with fluid overload and Covid. Okay Lord, I've had enough. Let me rest for awhile before I'm challenged again!

I have come out of this valley with the help of my Lord. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger. Thank you Lord!"

- We are with you, stronger together with Him.

Been holding off for a long time.
My wife has been in the hospital/rehab since 10/31, admitted with pneumonia and had a a major heart attack before being put on life support for 30 hours. Need good thoughts, rehab is like Spec Ed, doesn’t really do any good. She is back walking with her walker which was SOP prior to her going into the hospital, but they are just working very fucking slow to get her out.
I am a firm believer in “A Patient cured is a Customer lost”
Losing hope in everything.

My wife has been in the hospital/rehab since 10/31, admitted with pneumonia and had a a major heart attack before being put on life support for 30 hours. Need good thoughts, rehab is like Spec Ed, doesn’t really do any good. She is back walking with her walker which was SOP prior to her going into the hospital, but they are just working very fucking slow to get her out.
Prayers.

Thanks for everyone's prayers. My friend's mother passed this morning and she's in glory with Jesus now.
So sorry for your loss brother. Having been through this myself recently and its was especially tough as I had been her caregiver for about 12 years and she passed with me holding her hand, waiting for me to fall asleep after being beside her for 4 days and nights and the end. My only consolation as well is that I do believe God does (or at least is supposed to under most circumstances" choose "our time" and her soul is basking in the light of Heaven next to our savior.

I am going to again ask for some extra prayers please y'all. Some health related, decided to not take extreme measures, and others personal. I'min a very difficult spot and my weakness is showing. If there is any one out there in Luzerne County with a free hour or two please PM (can compensate too).
Prayers to you brother.

Prayers for you and your wife.

I am going to again ask for some extra prayers please y'all. Some health related, decided to not take extreme measures, and others personal. I'min a very difficult spot and my weakness is showing. If there is any one out there in Luzerne County with a free hour or two please PM (can compensate too).
Prayers sent.

Reactions: UKDslayer
Don't know the lady personally, but a friend of a fellow church goer was found in a motel threatening to commit suicide last night. Luckily the police found her before she was successful and is now in a hospital getting the help she needs. All I know is her name is Kathy and she's from the southern part of PA. I think she could benefit from a few prayers.

Thank you!

On this day of celebrating the birth of our Lord, I want to wish everyone a Blessed day and please remember why we actually celebrate this day. May the Lord be with you and yours this day and all throughout the year.

From someone who probably should have died two different time this year, we need to remember what's important in our lives. For me, it's my family and my relationship with my God.

May God Bless you and keep you safe.

On this day of celebrating the birth of our Lord, I want to wish everyone a Blessed day and please remember why we actually celebrate this day. May the Lord be with you and yours this day and all throughout the year.

From someone who probably should have died two different time this year, we need to remember what's important in our lives. For me, it's my family and my relationship with my God.

May God Bless you and keep you safe.
Amen!

Need some guidance.

Young man who has worked for me is having financial troubles, just got his car repossessed. I'm guessing he's more than one month behind if they took it. He's been a good worker and frankly, w/o his help on this job I would have been in a jam. I'm far from wealthy but have a bit stashed. I just need some clarity in how far to go to help out. Loan him my truck I only use occasionally? Loan him some $$$. I know he's got a couple firearms I might take as security.

Just looking for the way from the big guy.

Maggot out.

Reactions: 338dude
Need some guidance.

Young man who has worked for me is having financial troubles, just got his car repossessed. I'm guessing he's more than one month behind if they took it. He's been a good worker and frankly, w/o his help on this job I would have been in a jam. I'm far from wealthy but have a bit stashed. I just need some clarity in how far to go to help out. Loan him my truck I only use occasionally? Loan him some $$$. I know he's got a couple firearms I might take as security.

Maggot out.

If he can't pay his existing bills now, how is he going to pay you back any additional money at the end of the month.

See if he'd be willing to go on a diet. He gives you his paycheck and only gets money to pay for necessities. No spending money, just bill, rent and food.

That's if you're willing to take on that.

Need some guidance.

Maggot out.
You need to consider the circumstances. Is he in a bind because he blows his money, or did he have medical expenses that were overwhelming? Only risk with him, what you can afford to lose. I prayed for your wisdom and this youngster's wellbeing.

Guess it really depends on the reason for his financial difficulties. A string of undeserved bad luck is much different than say, acts of irresponsibility and poor judgment.

Either way, I’ll pray God gives you clarity in this.
I think its bad luck and maybe a bad choice on the car. He's responsible and does good work for me.

Reactions: Familydude
I like the idea of him borrowing a vehicle with maybe firearms as collateral vs monetary loan. Insurance ,his preferably, should cover any accident. Also agree with the string of bad luck vs creating an adverse environment for yourself because of a string of poor decisions.

Need some guidance.

Maggot out.
if...& if your intention is to help financially. Give, and I mean give him $$ no strings. Don't expect anything in return. You'll b happier when things fall apart. just sayin...your welcome

Need some guidance.

Maggot out.

I can tell you from personal experience, do NOT do this. Regardless of how you feel about it, want to help him, just don't by loaning your car or money. Trust me on this. A long, long time ago, I lent my first car (paid by my parents) to a co-worker with the best of intentions and proceeded to watch them get into an accident with it. They refused to cover even a deductible; turned out my insurance wouldn't cover it because I wasn't the driver, so I drove around with a crappy-looking car for too long. It was an all-around nightmare. Also, you may have insurance to cover an accident if you add him your policy but besides a deductible issue, what if he commits a crime in it (insurance doesn't cover civil asset forfeiture). Do not lend money using firearms as collateral - he could turn around and say you stole them (plus you aren't sure how he acquired them - what if they weren't legally obtained, and now you are in possession of stolen property?). If he couldn't make car payments with strong incentive to do so, why would he re-pay you? If you give him money - consider it a gift, not a loan you expect to be repaid. Refer him to sources/agencies that might be able to help him (like a church) without you putting yourself or your property at risk.

How long has this guy been working for you? Over a year? Three years? Five years? Full-time? Have you run a full, complete background and credit check on him?

I like the idea of him borrowing a vehicle with maybe firearms as collateral vs monetary loan. Insurance ,his preferably, should cover any accident. Also agree with the string of bad luck vs creating an adverse environment for yourself because of a string of poor decisions.

NO, no and no.

If you want to help him and gift him something, do so with ZERO expectations (including repayment) in return.

The saying "No good deed goes unpunished" is popular for a reason., right up there with "A lack of planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine".

Last edited:
I find that I don't pray for things. I pray for thanks. For a brief moment, my wife was clinically dead. She came back. Thanks to God and to great nurses and doctors.

Reactions: Ichi and Expert684
I can tell you from personal experience, do NOT do this. Regardless of how you feel about it, want to help him, just don't by loaning your car or money. Trust me on this. A long, long time ago, I lent my first car (paid by my parents) to a co-worker with the best of intentions and proceeded to watch them get into an accident with it. They refused to cover even a deductible; turned out my insurance wouldn't cover it because I wasn't the driver, so I drove around with a crappy-looking car for too long. It was an all-around nightmare. Also, you may have insurance to cover an accident if you add him your policy but besides a deductible issue, what if he commits a crime in it (insurance doesn't cover civil asset forfeiture). Do not lend money using firearms as collateral - he could turn around and said you stole them (plus you aren't sure how he acquired them - what if they weren't legally obtained, and now you are in possession of stolen property?). If he couldn't make car payments with strong incentive to do so, why would he re-pay you? If you give him money - consider it a gift, not a loan you expect to be repaid. Refer him to sources/agencies that might be able to help him (like a church) without you putting yourself or your property at risk.

How long has this guy been working for you? Over a year? Three years? Five years? Full-time? Have you run a full, complete background and credit check on him?

NO, no and no.
I had already decided against loaning the vehicle, too much potential trouble. And I agree with the gift as opposed to loan. We'll see tomorrow after he talks to the finance company.

1674874494339.png