• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prayer Request Thread

Prayers.
And prayers for all still traveling.
And those with tough times looking at the holidays this year.
An extra tough time for folks who have had loss in the last year.
Lotta folks feelin the pocket book with inflation too.

Another ask.

A good friend and man I admire has just been diagnosed with ALS. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
Lou Gehrig’s Disease.

Prayers for him, his wife, and his family.

Prayers.

Another ask.

A good friend and man I admire has just been diagnosed with ALS. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
Lou Gehrig’s Disease.

🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏

Prayers.

Another ask.

Lou Gehrig’s Disease.

Prayers lifted for your friend, his wife, and his family. Prayers lifted for you and the rest of his friends.

This young man took a really hard hit in a football game and was paralyzed. Looks like he's going to make a full recovery. He said the first thing he thought was a quick prayer...seems like it worked. I had the same thing happen when I was about 6, dislocated two cervical vertebrae and was paralyzed until traction brought the swelling down. Got motion back but have been in constant pain for 65 years. I wiah this kid well.

Perris Jones finally leaves Louisville and heads to home, sweet home​

jerryratcliffe.com

Posted on Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2023, 6:38 pm

By Jerry Ratcliffe

Photos: UofL Health
Stevie Jones watched his injured son, Perris, get wheeled into the University of Louisville Medical Center on Nov. 9, uncertain of his future after taking a violent hit in the Virginia-Louisville football game that night. On Tuesday afternoon, nearly 20 days later, Jones watched his son walk out.

Stevie, a combat veteran who once had to learn to walk all over again, has seen a lot, but his range of emotions from watching Perris hit the turf and not get up, taken to the hospital, remaining by his side since that night, then walking out of Louisville’s Frazier Rehabilitation Institute, rendered him helpless but thankful.

Perris, who was scheduled to return to Charlottesville later Tuesday, was inspired by his dad’s words of wisdom and encouragement throughout his ordeal. After both thanked the Louisville medical community for putting Perris back together again, Perris revealed his own emotions from the moment of the hit until his exit from a city that embraced him.

“Right away, I couldn’t feel anything,” Perris said of the collision on the field. “After the hit, I just kind of realized my body go numb, in a sense, and then I hit the ground. I didn’t even really feel myself hit the ground. I was just kind of sitting there like what in the world is happening?”

Before he knew, University of Louisville trainers were all around him, having rushed to his care.

“First thing I echoed was that I couldn’t feel anything, I couldn’t move,” Jones recalled. “I’m a very faithful guy, so I just closed my eyes and said a little quick prayer and let the Lord know that I was listening. That gave me a little calming presence.”

Jones said it was a moment of Zen, no words, just a feeling of peace after his prayer. Calm, quiet as doctors and trainers went through every precaution before moving him to the nearby hospital. Once those moments passed and he learned he had a spinal-cord injury that would require surgery and that his football playing days were over, he and his father shared some special time.

“I shared some tears with my father, right when he walked into the emergency room when I was done with surgery and I told him I was sorry, because after you spent so much time, your whole life working toward a goal [football], and then it’s seemingly gone on a moment’s notice. It was tough to admit, but I’m thankful for [his father’s] guidance,” Perris said.

Jones, 25, isn’t your average football player. He came to Virginia as a walk-on running back from Episcopal High School in Alexandria. He really didn’t flourish until his fifth year (2022), when new coach Tony Elliott gave him a chance.

At only 5-foot-7, 180 pounds, Jones became UVA’s most reliable back and earned a starting job, finishing as the most productive running back in ‘22 and up until his injury in ‘23.

Jones, mature beyond his years, said that when he was rushed to the hospital, his father told him that as long as he could open his eyes, everything was going to be alright.

As they both stood before the Frazier medical staff to thank them before his farewell press conference, they seemed one in the same. Perris joked that they even looked and sounded alike, the proverbial apple-from-the-tree axiom.

“So I mean, dude, if you didn’t look at [Stevie], we kind of look exactly alike, but we’re pretty much the same person through and through,” Perris laughed. “We spend a lot of time just talking about life and that’s probably one of the greatest things I’m grateful for, my time with my dad and our philosophical talks.

“He told me from a young age, your body’s going to stop working at some point, you have got to have a sharp mind. You’ve got to be able to think, make decisions under duress. He’s honestly one of my best friends.”

While he is returning to Virginia, there’s plenty of work to be done.

“My future rehab is most likely going to be focused on fine motor skills,” Perris said. “For me, that’s where I’ve struggled the most throughout the rehab process, so controlling my hands. It’s been the biggest struggle, so just focusing on that and then also continuing to build strength in my other extremities to make sure that they’re working as well as they possibly can.”

One of his biggest inspirations other than his father is another UVA running back who has also fought through incredible health challenges. Mike Hollins, the player who survived the tragic November, 2022, shootings at Virginia, had to overcome being shot twice in the back and endless hours of rehab, not only to play football this season, but just to live a normal life.

Hollins has been in touch with Jones, his roommate, throughout the process, something Jones will never forget.

“Man, that’s my warrior right there,” Jones’ face lit up with the mention of Hollins. “He’s been texting me and telling me he’s got some food waiting on me at the house, so I’m looking forward to getting home to him.

“He’s an inspiration. You hear his story, but then getting to actually be a part of it and see day-in and day-out how a guy like that carries himself after dealing with so much, it’s hard to feel sorry for yourself. Like, if he can do it, I can do it, too. We kind of motivate each other to build off of one another. He’s my brother, man, he really is.”

Stevie Jones said it has been a tough ordeal, but the Jones family is built tough. Growing up, Perris watched Stevie come back home, banged up from combat tours, “having to learn how to walk again,” Stevie shared. Watching his son go through that process was difficult to watch.

“To see us reverse or trade places, broke my heart,” Stevie said. “I won’t talk about it too much because it moves me to tears to think about it, but I wish that I could have magically traded places and I could have done this for him. But to watch him come through this, I’m like wow, that’s my kid. I really think he has a chance to change the world somehow.”

Don’t be surprised if that’s on Perris’ agenda. He majored in African-American studies and English, and is pursuing a Master’s in social foundations.

“Even since I was a little kid, I’ve always had a passion for helping people and giving back,” Perris said, something that was sparked by his father helping homeless people on Christmas mornings past — feeding them and spending time with them.

“Just to kind of emphasize to be grateful for what you have, so I want to continue that, potentially helping underprivileged kids in socio-economic areas that are struggling. I always want to spend time with kids that are in the juvenile detention center and try to help them, because a lot of kids aren’t bad kids, they’re just victims with the situations they’re born into.”

Changing the world? What better way than by working with the unfortunate and the underprivileged. Meanwhile, Perris Jones will be an inspiration to the rest of us, from walk-on to leading rusher, from being wheeled into the hospital to walking out on his own two feet.

Last edited:
Prayers.

Another ask.

Lou Gehrig’s Disease.

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Reactions: JR_77
I am going through a rough time. This time of year is incredibly hard and I do my best but my best isn’t enough.

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 2.11.58 PM.jpeg

I have pneumonia, xray shows a something in the right lung. Will know more after radiology looks at it but 99% sure it’s pneumonia.

Love y’all

I am going through a rough time. This time of year is incredibly hard and I do my best but my best isn’t enough.

View attachment 8284000

I have pneumonia, xray shows a something in the right lung. Will know more after radiology looks at it but 99% sure it’s pneumonia.

Love y’all
I've had the P twice. Sickest I've ever been...never had Covid.

The Xmas holidays used to be hard for me, being alone all the time. Sone Xmas morning I woke up cursing. Finally I came to realize there is nothing and no one in this world worth being so fucked up about. NOw I just dont give a shit, usally go for a walk in the country.

Dont worry, be happy. Good luck with the P.

The holidays are hard on a lot of people. The stress of financial crisis, the worries about weight gain, giving the perfect present, will you offend someone by wishing them a Merry Christmas. The list is endless. Put Christ back in Christmas!! Merry Christmas to all! And Prayers too!

The holidays are hard on a lot of people. The stress of financial crisis, the worries about weight gain, giving the perfect present, will you offend someone by wishing them a Merry Christmas. The list is endless. Put Christ back in Christmas!! Merry Christmas to all! And Prayers too!

I go out of my way to offend people who are triggered by the word Christmas.

Fuck them! And their lefty Kwanzaa Ramadan Chanooka Buddha shit. I don’t get triggered when they bark at the moon and bang gongs. They can STFU when we celebrate our holidays and send prayers, good vibes or hookers to our friends!

Sirhr

PS Lawless… you are not getting a hooker from me. Unless someone wants to organize a fundraiser.

We get something for the little ones. My 27 year old nephew got mad because his 22 year old brother got one more present than he did. It is the me me me participation trophy generation.

Reactions: JR_77 and Lawless
I go out of my way to offend people who are triggered by the word Christmas.

Fuck them! And their lefty Kwanzaa Ramadan Chanooka Buddha shit. I don’t get triggered when they bark at the moon and bang gongs. They can STFU when we celebrate our holidays and send prayers, good vibes or hookers to our friends!

Sirhr

PS Lawless… you are not getting a hooker from me. Unless someone wants to organize a fundraiser.
Damn it man, you forgot the cocaine! Seriously, this is the birthday of the Christ. Our one and only hope.

Prayers!!

I dont do much gift giving at Christmas.
Not what its about for me.
Amen. Its about the one who said

32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me.

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer: I have overcome the world.”

Reactions: BLEE and Ichi
We get something for the little ones. My 27 year old nephew got mad because his 22 year old brother got one more present than he did. It is the me me me participation trophy generation.
Sounds like Mr. 27 needs a reality check. Behind the barn.

View attachment 8284000

Love y’all
Prayers for a full recovery. The VA diagnosed me with possible pneumonia right before covid. Like a month before. But my symptoms mimic covid and it took awhile to get back to normal. Just keep trying your best. Some people don't try at all. When things get too tough I just say "It's a good time to go fishing.". Take care brother.

@BullGear

Couldnt find your post but I wanted to say welcome back.

Lost a leg? Pffft, you got this.

This is my friend Donna, went to grade school with her. this summer whe went into the hospital for some fairly simple procedure. Infections set in and this is donna today. Tough little cooke...so are you, though not a cute. In a year you'll be out dancing...

1701303153573.png

@BullGear

Couldnt find your post but I wanted to say welcome back.

Lost a leg? Pffft, you got this.

This is my friend Donna, went to grade school with her. this summer whe went into the hospital for some fairly simple procedure. Infections set in and this is donna today. Tough little cooke...so are you, though not a cute. In a year you'll be out dancing...

View attachment 8284336
🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏

Prayers.

Another ask.

Lou Gehrig’s Disease.

Prayers Up!

Michael is in a Reno hospital and has been for almost a month now. Docs are thinking that he might be in for another month before he gets out, if he does at all. Normally a cold is not too big a deal for a lot of us but for 39 years Michael has been dealing with seizures to the extent that he cant walk, bath himself, get his own food or any of the things we normally take for granted. He has never known a time when one of his parents didnt have to be right there with him in case the next seizure might hit.

As recently as last Friday his temp would spike and they were back to packing him in ice. And yet when his dad walks in the room he manages the best tired smile he can. Even hooked up and with a respirator. Michael did not ask for this nor want this to be his life yet here he is.

This kid is not going to be the one to win a formula 1 race but he likes it when his dad takes him for a ride in a really old side by side. He is not going to be the kid that grows up to date Taylor Swift but he likes girls and would be happy to have friends of any flavor stop by. He likes to watch his dad shoot guns but he cant hold a .22 pistol. He likes dogs, even when they lick his face but he cant hardly manage to pet one.

The list of things Michael cant do is endless and, yet, he is relentless happy for others joy and their good fortune. His mind is sharp but its trapped in a body that hates itself. His faith wont allow him to wish for an end to his life but the life he has grinds on him like a glacier over granite.

I cant fix his situation so I am resigned to splitting and stacking firewood for the mom and dad. maybe pay an odd bill here or there. Fetch groceries to give them more time to sleep. And yet it all seems woefully weak.

If I am being honest I have nephews that all graduated from good colleges. One works about 20 hours a week part of the year, the other works part time teaching English and the other spends all his money on a huge rent in San Diego so he can hang out on the beach. I know I should have the grace to accept them as they are but........when I think about Michael I think he would like to have just ONE day of their lives. JUST. ONE. MOTHER. F'IN. DAY. What would it feel like for him to swim in the ocean, hug a girlfriend, ride shotgun with the window open and his hand out in the wind, tie his shoes getting ready to go outside or help an elderly person change a flat tire. Freedom. The freedom of mobility and self determination is something beyond his grasp. To me..... it just ain't fair.

I am not asking for anything other than prayers. Or, if your not of that ilk, just be grateful for an hour that we dont have his life.

My hope for Michael is that he makes it home for Christmas to be with loved ones and have the ability to build just a few more memories. I hope the same for all the good and well intentioned folks here on the Hide

Angie’s dad (has dementia) fell last week and they took him to the ER when it was discovered he had blood in his urine. At the hospital it was found that he had fluid built up around his heart. Lots of tests.

Angie left Friday to go and is hopefully coming back today. She has already told me she will need to go back Friday again.

Her family is in for a long awful road.

My FIL was a Paratrooper. Went to VN in 64. Saw and did some awesome things and some terrible things too. Injured in combat, shot, dragged by parachute in a 50mph wind….has a limp since.

William is one of the best men I have known. He loves the Lord. He treated me as a son, my own dad died when I was 19. He has been nothing but good.

Dementia is insidious and cruel. Please pray for him and my wife.

IMG_3076.jpeg
DSC_3731.jpeg
DSC_2295.jpeg
IMG_0653.jpeg