• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifles.....show em!!

"Build" update. Swapped out the Magpul Hunter stock for a krg bravo. Should have gone this way all along. Also got a atacr 7-35
IMG_20190928_165920942_HDR.jpg

I’m not as skilled at identifying makes and models; what are some setails of your setup? Looks good.

Defiance deviant tactical action, 24" bartlein 1:7 m40 contour, chambered in 6BRA, usmc spec mcmillan a4, jewel hvr, badger m5, badger usmc steel rings 6 screw front 4 screw rear, USO b-17 scope with ARD, aadmount scope caps, uso fixed rail level, warne skyline bipod

Reactions: SonicBurlap
Defiance deviant tactical action, 24" bartlein 1:7 m40 contour, chambered in 6BRA, usmc spec mcmillan a4, jewel hvr, badger m5, badger usmc steel rings 6 screw front 4 screw rear, USO b-17 scope with ARD, aadmount scope caps, uso fixed rail level, warne skyline bipod
Sounds like you had a very clear idea of what you were looking for!

Lots and lots of reading and research led me to it haha
I know what you mean. I’ve only just registered on the Hide after years of finding lots of great information on it. I’m new to precision rifle shooting, and went with a factory rifle. Eventually I’ll build one, if only for the fun of doing so. And occasional irritation, no doubt.

Wow nice setups - incredible variety. Too many to hit the "like"! My trigger wrist would need ice treatment if I "liked" all the ones I like!

Work in progress.
Rem 700 300wm gen2 5R
Viper PST 5-25 FFP
Badger rings
Badger base
Magpul DM bottom
Coming soon!!
Badger bolt knob
Badger bi-pod rail
KMW LoggerHead
QD flush cups
AWC thundertrap (been waiting 9months)
D9255FDC-3983-4C2B-8BE9-3EA1BEB7F9F6.jpeg

Some kind of monster.

Tikka T3X action.
Krieger stainless steel 6,5mm 1/8" barrel 24".
Spiral fluting on barrel and bolt.
Custom cerakoted.
KRG whiskey folding chassis and Midas trigger.
Spuhr mount.
Minox ZP 5-25x56.
Sterk bolt handle and shroud.
Atlas PRS bipod + mono.
Ase Utra SL5i suppressor.
Coletac 2-ammo holder, supressor cover is coming.
MDT AICS magazine.

M0511.JPG

Last edited:
And who did it?
edit: in the Tikka thread, viking78 said it is Finnish M05 military camo in cerakote. (and complained about the photo not doing it justice)

Reactions: viking78
Hi guys,

That is cerakoted in a Finland, company that does cerakote coatings.
Pattern is Finnish military used M05.
It looks even better in the live, it is hard to photo that, since it does not reflect any light.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
Here’s my old school Fn Spr a1 I‘ve added onto
had cheek piece cut, custom bottom metal for AICS mags, bedded action, threaded barrel, and still rockin old bushnell elite.
haven’t shot in years but shot 100 rds last wknd at friends ranch and rifle is working great!

BBC3D1B7-26AD-4D86-9B32-89B144073736.jpeg

Here’s my old school Fn Spr a1 I‘ve added onto
had cheek piece cut, custom bottom metal for AICS mags, bedded action, threaded barrel, and still rockin old bushnell elite.
haven’t shot in years but shot 100 rds last wknd at friends ranch and rifle is working great!

View attachment 7170958

My first precision rifle was a FN SPR in .308, loved that gun. Accurate as hell but a pig and wished it didn't have that 1/12 twist.

It’s a heavy rig,
20” barrel And omega Ti helps a bit
so far no issues sending 168/175 FGMM

What's the action, and who made the barrel? Also what can under the wrap? The Cadex chassis, NF scope, and Atlas are obvious.

Trued SS R700 action with WTO Switch Lug and PTG 1 piece bolt. 26” Proof 6XC barrel. Direct thread converted SDN6. 762RC is pending. It’s an AIAX Chassis. Here it is with with a 17” 6.5CM barrel.
590E3ED9-150B-4616-A79F-21CFA9FF306D.jpeg

Last edited:
Trued SS R700 action with WTO Switch Lug and PTG 1 piece bolt. 26” Proof 6XC barrel. Direct thread converted SDN6. 762RC is pending. It’s an AIAX Chassis. Here it is with with a 17” 6.5CM barrel.
View attachment 7174880

How do you like the WTO Switchlug? Been thinking of sending mine off to them for the modification. Would be nice to easily spin on a different barrel when I'm at the range. Do you use the system like you thought you would?

How do you like the WTO Switchlug? Been thinking of sending mine off to them for the modification. Would be nice to easily spin on a different barrel when I'm at the range. Do you use the system like you thought you would?

Not the OP to the original question, nor do I have the WTO setup above, but for the first time I just got a different switch barrel setup to the range earlier this week to zero it in. It is a 6.5cm and .223wylde setup for a Vector. My primary lessons learned, slightly tongue and cheek:

1.) Make sure you build in enough time into your schedule to allow your barrel to cool down, or bring suppressor/oven mitts so you cans witch out on your time.

20191030_175436 (1).jpg

Reactions: John1890