• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifles.....show em!!

338 / 300 win mag LSS chassis,
recycled savage long action,
26" mc Gowan in 270 Winchester,
1 Magpul mag I modified to CIP length,
Magpul Moe stock Magpul PRS butt pad and home made butt hook.
Modified UTG USA comfort ar15 grip.

Built the whole thing from parts I picked up here and there.

:)

IMG_2818.JPG
IMG_2819.JPG

I've always had a soft spot for that rifle (hence the username). Just looks like a rifle should look.
I like the looks of it too. But this was a 300 WM and it has a bit too rough to shoot like that. I kept at it for a few months but after having left the range with a numb shoulder and huge problems to keep it shooting the way it should I started to make changes. If it were a .308 winchester things would problably pan out differently.

This is what it looked like after I got a Grayboe stock for it, and had the barrel threaded for a suppressor:
1613536403741.png

It made a lot of difference, and with that set up, it shot great. I shot the Nordic Long range championships with that set up.
Then in the following summer, I got an AICS AT chassis for it:

1613536535082.png

I've always had a soft spot for that rifle (hence the username). Just looks like a rifle should look.
And in its final and current stage, it looks like this:
1613622913939.png

Blueprinted and rebarelled with a Jury custom barrels, Mark 13 profile.
MARS rail, BixNAndy 2 stage trigger.
I acctually run a Ase Utra SL7BL suppressor on it since this past summer. The one pictured did not like a steady diet of hot 300 WM ammo going through it.

I'll get this thread started again

26" Bartlein M24 .260Rem
Stiller TAC30
Murphy Precision 20MOA Scope Base
XLR Element Folding Chassis
Kampfeld Customs Brake
Jewel HVR 14oz
Vortex GenII 4.5-27x56 EBR-2C MRAD
Vortex PMR 0.92" 34mm Rings
Barrel and Scope Base cerakoted Snipers Grey
Action is melonite from factory

bHwJ5j3.jpg

Patriot Valley Arms
26" Bartlein M24 6.5x47L
Bighorn TL3
Receiver DLC / Bolt NP3
XLR Element Folding Chassis
Jewel HVR 14oz
Rugged Suppressors 3 Port QD Brake
Vortex GenII 4.5-27x56 EBR-2C MRAD
Vortex PMR 1.26" 34mm Rings

Mfgezb4.jpg

nnk1Ni7.jpg

ZPV65Nw.jpg
How do you like your TL3?

I changed out my Tikka Tac A1 to a Cadex Defense Field chassis. I liked the Tikka chassis but kept having rust problems with it anytime I went hunting, shot in the snow or encountered literally any moisture. I'm very happy with the chassis so far, I do feel the trigger reach is a little long but not bad with the vertical ergo grip. Still has the same excellent accuracy as before. Pretty excited to take some hogs with it now that I have a new RRS Anvil 30 ball head coming to replace my no name pos head that's falling apart.

20210130_162302.jpg
20210122_212300.jpg

I changed out my Tikka Tac A1 to a Cadex Defense Field chassis. I liked the Tikka chassis but kept having rust problems with it anytime I went hunting, shot in the snow or encountered literally any moisture. I'm very happy with the chassis so far, I do feel the trigger reach is a little long but not bad with the vertical ergo grip. Still has the same excellent accuracy as before. Pretty excited to take some hogs with it now that I have a new RRS Anvil 30 ball head coming to replace my no name pos head that's falling apart.

View attachment 7561019View attachment 7561020
What does it weigh?

I’ve been looking at tikka tax a1’s to add to my collection, is the tikka chassis steel or aluminum or were dealing with rust on the action and barrel?

Reactions: R700P308
I’ve been looking at tikka tax a1’s to add to my collection, is the tikka chassis steel or aluminum or were dealing with rust on the action and barrel?
The chassis is mostly an aluminum body but has different steel sling points and small parts that got rust into them. The mags would also pick up surface rust. I could always get it off, but it was mildly frustrating and began to get old. I've had the rifle for 2 years up to that point with about 3800 rounds through it and was very happy otherwise. Unless you're planning on shooting in the rain & snow alot or dealing with lots of condensation I doubt rust would be an issue for you. I've never heard of any other people having problems with this, most say the mags have issues, which I did not have.

20210104_162419.jpg

@VargmatII What made you swap from an S&B to the NXS?

I moved the S&B over to my 6.5x47L rifle that was my main competition rifle at the time. Got the NXS to keep the Mark 13 "period correct" as it was a project in it self. I cant do a full clone build as I live in Sweden and getting some of the parts is pretty much impossible, like the KAC suppressor. Unless I wanted to spend something like 2 months salary on one, and then there is still no smith in country that could fit it. So it is a Mark 13 mod5 (-ish), or a Mark13 mod 5 influenced rifle, if you will. Either way, it shoots great.

Later on I sold the complete 6.5x47L set up and got myself a TRG22, which is my current go to rifle.

Reactions: krumfola
Later on I sold the complete 6.5x47L set up and got myself a TRG22, which is my current go to rifle.
are there any feeding / ejection issues?
I've heard many stories that the TRG magazine does not work with 6.5x47 reliably.

are there any feeding / ejection issues?
I've heard many stories that the TRG magazine does not work with 6.5x47 reliably.
You missed the selling part. My 6.5x47 was sold and the TRG replaced it. My TRG is a regular 308 win.
But I know of a guy who had his TRG rebarelled to 6.5x47 and it worked.
TRG is/was sold from the factory in 260 rem and 6.5 creed and it seems to work.
I have a 6XC dummie round and it Aldo feeds in my TRG, maybe ill have a barell spun up for it at some point. Who knows?

Defiance Deviant GA Hunter, 24" Proof CF chambered in 7 SAUM by Sawtooth Rifles, Foundation Revelation Stock, Hawkins Precision DBM, TriggerTech Special, APA rings, Vortex Razor AMG with a Switchview, and the SilencerCo Omega 36M.

How much does this weigh? I’m basically looking to build the same thing except an impact action and a SiCo Saker.

This is my long range practice rifle
Action is Remington 700 trued by Don Golembieski
Barrel is Schneider P5 22” M40 chambered in 308 spun up by Don Golembieski
Muzzle brake is Surefire
Stock is Manners PRS1 Gen 2 mini chassis
Trigger is jewell 16 oz.
Rings are badger USMC DMR
Scope is Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 Mil-R

currently shooting .4 -.5 MOA groups all day with
Berger 185 juggernaut tactical at 2630 FPS over 43.3 grs Varget and Lapua brass. Gun could shoot better but fundamentals could use some work.

Attachments

• 84C24479-4A53-451C-8577-EE1986F6C524.jpeg
    84C24479-4A53-451C-8577-EE1986F6C524.jpeg
    682.1 KB · Views: 271
IMG_20210224_140923.jpg

Bought this today.

Savage 11/111 Trophy Hunter XP
Left handed bolt
308 Winchester
22" barrel
Nikon 3-9x40 BDC reticle scope

Nothing to special about it today.
In the future when I am able to I will get an XLR chassis for it but that will be a while.

First " poors " PR build with A LOT of help from a buddy! :) The plan is to upgrade the optic later this year. I am also building a suppressor for it ( form 1 waiting on the stamp ). I am looking forward to pushing it out to 1000 yards once the snow melts. :)

KRG Bravo chasis
300 Win Mag
Remington 700 action
Wilson Sporter 4 27" barrel / 1-10 twist
Harris Bipod
Precision Armament brake
Pacific Tool and gauge bolt
Leupold VX Freedom
Leupold rings

KRG Bravo 300WM_resize.jpg

First " poors " PR build with A LOT of help from a buddy! :) The plan is to upgrade the optic later this year. I am also building a suppressor for it ( form 1 waiting on the stamp ). I am looking forward to pushing it out to 1000 yards once the snow melts. :)

KRG Bravo chasis
300 Win Mag
Remington 700 action
Harris Bipod
Precision Armament brake
Leupold VX Freedom
Leupold rings

View attachment 7566152
Might want to switch the cheekpiece around, the cut out is there to clear the bolt. And that scope is mounted way forward, it looks very strange. You will probably want to set that up better?!

KRG Bravo chasis
300 Win Mag
Remington 700 action
Harris Bipod
Precision Armament brake
Leupold VX Freedom
Leupold rings

View attachment 7566152
How big a boy are ya?! lol

can you get a good sight picture with your LOP way out and your scope so far forward?

Nice rifle.

Might want to switch the cheekpiece around, the cut out is there to clear the bolt. And that scope is mounted way forward, it looks very strange. You will probably want to set that up better?!
See, I said it was my first build. :) It was on correctly, I took it off to add spacers to the butt stock and clearly wasn't paying attention to the direction when I put it back on. As for the scope, I haven't been on the gun yet since installing it. The rings are just finger tight until I get to shoot it.

Lol. Not that big. I haven't been on the gun yet since installing it. The rings are just finger tight until I get to shoot it.
Thanks!
You can check out this video to help to determine if you need to take out some of those spacers. This is important for allowing a 90 degree trigger finger, pressing straight to the rear. Also for allowing yourself to get your body perpendicular to the rifle to manage recoil so you can observe your impacts or misses downrange, through the scope.

Credit @Rudy Gonsior and Ridgeline for an awesome reference.

You can check out this video to help to determine if you need to take out some of those spacers. This is important for allowing a 90 degree trigger finger, pressing straight to the rear. Also for allowing yourself to get your body perpendicular to the rifle to manage recoil so you can observe your impacts or misses downrange, through the scope.

Credit @Rudy Gonsior and Ridgeline for an awesome reference.

Thank you!