• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by CamW:
gap34front9wz.jpg
[/qb]</div></div>That is one heavy looking barrel!

Nice setup!

Mike @ CSGW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Lateo:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Heres My .308 Bolt action

</span></div></div>You're gonna have to upload those images on the web and post the address, it doesn't work from your harddrive.

My "precision rifle" is really nothing special with regards to what a lot (most) of you have and/or would consider for the job ... but it's mine, and I like it a lot, and it shoots better than I can, which is all someone in my position could ask for ...

1870106FullView.jpg

Rem700 ss short action, trued, Hateca bolt knob mod, .223rem chambered at SAAMI min spec, Pacnor 24" ss supermatch rem. varmint contour bbl, 1:9" twist, 3 lands/grooves, recessed target crown ... Williams one-piece bottom metal, TPS -20-MOA base and TPS rings, Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50 w/ turrets and side focus ... McMillan A5 handle ... Harris 9-13" swivel bipod, and Eagle stock pack ...

I also have a Leupold M1 3.5-10x40 LR/T mildot that shares time on this rifle ...

Here is my precision rifle----

US Rifle Cal .30 M1 Springfield Armory
Serial # 2532XX

Iron sights, brand new USGI contour Criterion Barrel, custom Cherry wood stock (made by Wenig), custom fit & finish by Dean's Gun Restoration, custom USGI leather sling (made by Les Tam), all other internal parts USGI like new.

Shoots .5" groups @ 300 yrds. You can nail a fleas ass to the wall, the old lady is still the belle of the ball.
wink.gif

Mike

CherrystockM1Garand2.jpg

CherrystockM1Garand.jpg

My Crusader sporting it's new scope..
smile.gif

WZ2J1838.jpg

WZ2J1839.jpg

WZ2J1842.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by WGM:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> My "precision rifle" is really nothing special with regards to what a lot (most) of you have and/or would consider for the job ... but it's mine, and I like it a lot, and it shoots better than I can, which is all someone in my position could ask for ...

1870106FullView.jpg

Rem700 ss short action, trued, Hateca bolt knob mod, .223rem chambered at SAAMI min spec, Pacnor 24" ss supermatch rem. varmint contour bbl, 1:9" twist, 3 lands/grooves, recessed target crown ... Williams one-piece bottom metal, TPS -20-MOA base and TPS rings, Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50 w/ turrets and side focus ... McMillan A5 handle ... Harris 9-13" swivel bipod, and Eagle stock pack ...

I also have a Leupold M1 3.5-10x40 LR/T mildot that shares time on this rifle ... </span></div></div>^^how much does a gun and scope combo like this cost?

whats the typical range of prices for the guns you guys posted?

BuLLet,

Man I can't get enough of the GAP Crusader. Fine looking rig & diffently without a doubt a fine shooter as well. Awesome Rifle & Awesome Scope.
GAP + US Optics = $$$$ but worth it. Have a good one.

F.T.K.

Joeg30 ...

All said and done, that rifle probably costs just under $2500.00 ...

McM A5 stock = $550
Rem700 action = $350
PacNor bbl and action true'ing = $450
base/rings = $150
scope = $650
stock pack = $35
sling = $40
bipod = $75
bolt knob mod = $75
non J-Lock firing pin assy = $50
subtotal: $2,375

of course, there's the BC scope covers, bedding, trigger work, cleaning supplies, etc ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by WGM:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Joeg30 ...

All said and done, that rifle probably costs just under $2500.00 ...

McM A5 stock = $550
Rem700 action = $350
PacNor bbl and action true'ing = $450
base/rings = $150
scope = $650
stock pack = $35
sling = $40
bipod = $75
bolt knob mod = $75
non J-Lock firing pin assy = $50
subtotal: $2,375

of course, there's the BC scope covers, bedding, trigger work, cleaning supplies, etc ... </span></div></div>thats an awesome rifle. nice work and thanks for the info

60/20/20 black/od/light gray ....

I did the light gray because of the stainless bbl'd action ... i think it adds just enough to help bring out the stainless ... If I had gone w/ a graphite black or OD cerakote, I'd have done a medium tan instead of the light gray ...

The stock is actually back at McMillan having some tweaking done to the inletting ... when I get it back, I'll take some better pictures showing the color scheme up close ...

Shoots .5" groups @ 300 yrds.

Thats good shooting with open sights...beautiful stick by the way. I'm trying to talk the wife into getting me one...I'm jealous!

I'll bet $5k against your rifle that you cannot shoot one five shot group of 1/2" in three consecutive attempts at 300y.

Whaddya say?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by ltcboy:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Here is my precision rifle----

US Rifle Cal .30 M1 Springfield Armory
Serial # 2532XX

Shoots .5" groups @ 300 yrds. You can nail a fleas ass to the wall, the old lady is still the belle of the ball.
wink.gif

Mike

CherrystockM1Garand2.jpg

CherrystockM1Garand.jpg
</span></div></div>

Nate...I'm hoping the post by ltcboy was a JOKE! WoW! how did i miss this one
eek.gif

Standing by...

JB

Mine is on order right now at McMillan
50% Black 35% gray 15% light gray

Yours looks sharp, hope mine looks as nice

<span style="font-weight: bold"> 60/20/20 black/od/light gray ....

I did the light gray because of the stainless bbl'd action ... i think it adds just enough to help bring out the stainless ... If I had gone w/ a graphite black or OD cerakote, I'd have done a medium tan instead of the light gray ...

The stock is actually back at McMillan having some tweaking done to the inletting ... when I get it back, I'll take some better pictures showing the color scheme up close ... </span></div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by AmmoHouse:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Shoots .5" groups @ 300 yrds.

Thats good shooting with open sights...beautiful stick by the way. I'm trying to talk the wife into getting me one...I'm jealous! </span></div></div>too good... I'd be lucky if I could hit 3 shots in a 12inch circle with open irons...

uafgrad ...

The black/gray/white scheme is always a winner ... I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the way it turns out.

One thing I learned from talking to Kelly McMillan is that you can basically get two types of "swirlys" ... One way is with very distinct "tiger stripes" ... and the other is not. Kelly told me to be very clear in your order if you want them to swirl the mix in the tiger stripe fashion, or if you want the colors "heavily swirled together" ... Obviously, I ordered the latter of the two.

I'm not a fan of the heavy tiger striping ... and truthfully, as happy as I am with my stock, I would not have been upset if they mixed/swirled the colors even more ...

Here's to your stock ... let us see when you get it ...

:beer:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Asmodeus:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> For when my A3G SPR isn't enough rifle...

ar50-new.jpg
</span></div></div>I would like to ask that rifle out on a date, and if all goes well, it's hand in marriage. NICE EFFIN BOOM STICK!!!!

Oh the zombie's I could erradicate with that thing. :firedevil:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by numberonecopper:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> That muzzle brake looks familiar!!
</span></div></div>I think I've got one more set of ports than you
wink.gif

I'm surprised by all the comments on the 50, especially with all the very cool rifles posted in this thread. I'm sure there are other folks here who consider their 50 BMG rifles a precision gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Asmodeus:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> For when my A3G SPR isn't enough rifle...

ar50-new.jpg
</span></div></div>A tank of a scope on it too.....I like it. Xotic if I'm guessing right?

:beer:
-Erik

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by MOS 8541:
<span style="font-weight: bold">
newsig.jpg
</span></div></div>MOS 8541, how do you like the ATN scope?

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by numberonecopper:
That muzzle brake looks familiar!!
</span></div></div>I think I've got one more set of ports than you
wink.gif

I'm surprised by all the comments on the 50, especially with all the very cool rifles posted in this thread. I'm sure there are other folks here who consider their 50 BMG rifles a precision gun.
</div></div>Yes you do..mine is from the AR-30 .300 Win Mag

Come on guys,
Were all the famous m-14 and m-21 shooters. Those type of weapons I've seen are by far the best on here I feel. Cause that's what the real snipers on the ground have to use if they aren't rich and if the cry baby LT has the m-24!! No hard feelings, I'm just a huge fan of that type of rifle!!

SteelRain

I tried to get a shot of my M1A but looks like the pic is a no go...... If someone can help me learn to post a pic i will put it up.

Thanks,
Matt.

Sorry the pic is soooo BIG... This was my FIRST time.

Its not a SUPER MATCH BUT it does shoot WELL under MOA at 100 yards with MATCH ammo.

Thanks,
Matt. LEO S. Ga.

Here comes a few more of my rifles. I will try and get the sizes down a little.

Thanks,
Matt.

That is SOME of my toys (ADDICTIONS) , hope yall enjoy and thanks for ALL the other pics that yall are posting.

Matt.

Hey steelrain,,, you'll like this one!!! hehe

(aussie accent) That's not a muzzle brake,,,

IMG]
That's a muzzle brake.

Oh,,, for the name on tube, that's my real name, Tai.

let me guess,
that pic is at NTC and that looks like a 198

SteelRain

29 palms,,, yeah it's the 198! Geez I miss cannon. I think I miss the smell more than anything.

Very nice, I have another new stick coming in and I have a 1.5 coming for it too.