• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by panzer klatsch:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by MOS 8541:
newsig.jpg
</span></div></div>MOS 8541, how do you like the ATN scope?
</div></div>Ive had it for some time now, and I really like it. I havent had any issues with them that other people may have, except for the fact that its HUGE!! ATNs dont have as good of glass as the others, so they need to make them a bit bigger to gather the same amount of light. It really is large though, its a 6-18x65! I opted for the AN ranging reticle instead of the mildot, Im very good with mils, but this thing is pretty quick. The 308 cam that came with it is for a 165gr, not sure what bullet though, but it tracks almost dead on with Hornady match 168s outta my rifle in our average weather here. Really though, no gripes at all with it.

Thanks, MOS. I have one on a K98k, and engaging targets at unknown ranges quickly is quite easy with this scope. I like the almost-NATO-style ranging scale, and the illuminated center dot really helps me to hit targets beyond 500 yards during low-light conditions.
ATN6-18x65LU1b.jpg

I handload to match the BDC cam, and I'm using the reduced load calculation procedure in Richard Lee's Modern Reloading book.

For a relatively inexpensive scope, my ATN holds its adjustments well, and it's passed the Box Test.

100_0692.jpg

Mcmillan stock, Badger metal/rings/base. 26" AMU taper Obermeyer 1/10. Nightforce 5.5-22-50 Mil-dot.

Last bike was a GSXR1000. Unfortunately not enough time to ride anymore. That and seeing the results of people being K'd on bikes at work. The picture above is my new hobby to fill the void.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Zak Smith:
<span style="font-weight: bold">PICKS OF AI'S</span> </div></div>Zak, please don't do that...........I can't sleep!
Very nice toys!
Why do you have a string on the scopemount?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Id:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Zak Smith:
PICKS OF AI'S</span> </div></div>Why do you have a string on the scopemount? </div></div>If you go to the big pic, the string is holding on a laminated card, I would guess ballistic info for the load?

Scott

402928.jpg

402927.jpg

The Rife specs: <span style="font-weight: bold">Tikka Master Sporter</span> Build by GAP <ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]fully tune action[*]Fully bedded in a McM A5 stock[*]Barrel is a Obermyer 6.5 1in 8.33 28" in length chamber in .260AI[/list]
<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]Optics:[*]USO SN-3 3.8-22 power 30mm tube ERGO parallax control, low profile 44mm front bell with Rapid focus eyepiece.[*]Knobs are US #1 1/4MOA for Windage/Elevation BDC made for 6.5 140gr bullet @2900fps[*]Reticle Type #1 MOA Illuminated[*]Butler Creek covers ,4"shade with flasher[*]Seekins Precision Rings and USO 20MOA scope rail.[/list]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Erik S.:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Asmodeus:
[qb] For when my A3G SPR isn't enough rifle...

</div></div>A tank of a scope on it too.....I like it. Xotic if I'm guessing right?

:beer:
-Erik </span></div></div>Yep. It's held up perfectly, though I only have 250 rounds through the rifle, which I realize is a days shooting for some folks
smile.gif

d-sniper4.jpg

Weapon: HS Precision custom .300 Win Mag HTR pro-series 2000. 26" Barrel, fluted. 1/10 twist W/ muzzle break.

Stock: HS PrecisionL Custom, Factory painted. ADJ LOP, ADJ Cheek.

Optics: Leupold Mark 4, M1. 5.6 20 x 50 LR Mil D. w/ Sunshade. Adjustable in 1/4 MOA increments.

Rings : Badger

Trigger: ADJ set at 2.0 lbs.

Magazine: Box. 3 rds.

ZERO: 300 meters

Fav load: Handload. 190 gr SMK HP w/ 70.1 gr RE19 WLRM primer.

403590.JPG

Please dont laugh....its LA and my job is shitty, I am working my way up hopefully in the shooting world and really trying.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Please dont laugh....its LA and my job is shitty, I am working my way up hopefully in the shooting world and really trying. </div></div>Don't be down on yourself man, you gotta learn how to shoot before you go spend a bajillon buck on some fancy rig. Hell after five years of precision rifle shooting all I got is a stock 700vs with a nifty paint job.

Picked this Rem700P in 308 a couple weeks ago and just finished painting it camo. I still have to spray duracoat matte clear on it and let it cure. Still need the TPS base to arrive to mount the scope on it. For the time being, it will remain stock except for maybe the badger bolt (or Hatecas) This is the best pic I could get inside my house. More will follow when it is sunny and the optics mounted. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Jared
camo rifle
camo rifle2

Not a tactical, but certainly a precision rifle (a helluva lot more precise than i am yet *g*) 30" pac-nor supermatch on trued Remington 700, caliber 6.5x55
iQm1cuLZSPvnukJEKidu8rKyBP+rlGdV0300.jpg

Here is my rifle.
Remington 700 VSSF. Tuned trigger 2.5lbs, Home made palm swell, Mark 4 rings, Mark4 M1 6.5~20X50mm Leupold, Stock was textured with bedliner paint, Home made bolt knob.
DSC00543.jpg

Posted this rifle a few weeks back in its own thread. I have since painted the rings, level and bipod. Easily the nicest set up I have owned.
GAP SHLE (#7 of 50) w/ USO "Canadian"
cc337ccf.jpg

51ac0655.jpg

I finally got around to posting pics of my rifle.
(Pardon the messy bench) :rolleyes:

DSCF0056.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

Savage 10FP 24" Heavy Barrel in .308 Winchester
Super VarTac Stock - Free floated & bedded action
Ken Farrel 20_MOA Base
Tasco Varmint 6-24x Scope
Butler Creek Flip Ups
Bi-pod with locking legs

* I kept this under $1,000.

Also pictured:
Springfield XD-40, Streamlight TLR-1, Meprolight Night Sights.

FN Bayonet

Holy crap, what are the specs on that? You get much muzzle flip with that? Is it 308 or 300? Barrel length? Sweet rig. ER

Mk12 Mod1 clone. Very nice shooter, even with factory ammo. Typicals groups shooting 55grn Federal American Eagle are 0.75-0.9 MOA (5 shots at 100 meters, bipod and bag). Typical groups shooting my friend's hand loads are 0.5-0.7 MOA out to 300 meters, 5 shots.

Mk12%20Mod1%20-%2001Small.jpg

Mk12%20Mod1%20-%2004Small.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by EasyRhino72:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Holy crap, what are the specs on that? You get much muzzle flip with that? Is it 308 or 300? Barrel length? Sweet rig. ER </span></div></div>OH that, just my LTR in 300 SAUM. I gave it a bit of a makeover.
The scope is an SN-6 17x.
When you pull the trigger the rifle DOES NOT MOVE, at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by razor100:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> thats the sweetest looking spr clone ive ever seen...... what are the stats on it? </span></div></div>Thanks for the compliment! :beer:

Specs:
- Rock River Arms lower receiver with Knight's 2-stage trigger, Hogue grip and LMT SOPMOD stock
- CMT upper receiver with Knight's FF RAS
- Sako cold-hammer forged barrel turned into correct SPR profile. 1:8" twist, Wylde chamber
- Mk4 LR/T 3.5-10x40 in a Larue SPR mount
- Troy back-up sights, Harris S-BRM bipod, slightly modified TIS sling

DSC00590.jpg
DSC00588.jpg

The final incarnation of a long project. Started life as a .308 Remington 700 VSSF.
Lots of homemade stuff: Palm swell to fit MY hand, adjustable cheek rest I made from Kydex, bolt handle I made from alluminum rod, bottom part of butt stock was built up with fiber-glass to better facilitate shooting from prone, then I coated the stock with truck bed compound.
Scope is Leupold mk4 m1 6.5~20x50.
Mark 4 rings,
Mark 4 bases,
Metal is painted with duracoat swedish k.

Elliott, your stock looks absolutely awesome! What did you use to add the hook to the butt stock?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Bravo51:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Elliott, your stock looks absolutely awesome! What did you use to add the hook to the butt stock? </span></div></div>Thank you bravo51,
I used automotive "Bondo" body putty. I started with the "Bondo with hair", then finnished with lightweight body putty.
Here is a before picture,
91530bff.jpg

Here is my toy. Next week there will be a new rifle to keep this one company.

dsc02318ik.jpg

dsc02345mv.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by csGunWorks.com:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Elliott nice work!

Mike @ CSGW </span></div></div>Thank you Mike.

Here comes a pic of a POOR Cops guns... This is only a couple of them but MAYBE they are WORTHY.

Thanks,
Matt LEO South Ga.

*Remington 700 SA, RH, .308cal. trued & blueprinted.
*Hart 26" stainless barrel with USMC spec taper & crown.
*DD Ross bottom metal.
*Badger tactical/oversized recoil lug.
*Badger tactical bolt handle.
*Badger 20moa base and 30mm rings.
*Jewel target/benchrest trigger system.
*McMillan A3 stock in desert camo with a hint of OD & black for accent. Fully adjustable cheek rest and LOP. Action & bottom metal has been bedded with steel-bed for a rock solid fit.
*All work was performed by Hart Barrel Co. of NY.

*Rem 700 LTR
*Glass Bedded
*Duracoat by me

Yah I know ... I got pics of the AR and my wife's baby Glock .... it was out there! What's a guy to do?

DSCF3779.jpg

DSCF3778.jpg

DSCF3777.jpg

DSCF3773.jpg

DSCF3774.jpg

DSCF3774.jpg

DSCF3775.jpg

Pulled out some rifles for an insurance pic.
409264.JPG

from bottom to top
1.Springfeild .22 with Weaver 10X
2.FAL Carbine with Eotech
3.Ruger 10-22 Deluxe with Green Mtn. Barrel
4.GAP .308 w/Leupold 6.5-20 Mil-Dot
4.Savage 10FP in McMillan A3 stock with adjustable cheekpiece
5.Remington 700 in .223 with a VSSF barrel(work in progress , awaiting more parts).
6.Remington 700 VS in 22-250 with Leupold 6-18X40 (my 10th wedding anniversary present).

Its funny how these things seem to breed .