• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by WGM:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> JL ... that is most definitely an interesting rifle ... unique, to say the very least ...

:beer: </span></div></div>My buddys stick...lots of ants in closest long range...
laugh.gif

Before:

DSCF0655.jpg

After:

DSCF0976.jpg

Rem 700 VSSF in AICS 1.5 chassis, US Optics SN3 3.8-22x44 EREK, MOA scale reticle, US Optics rings, <span style="font-weight: bold">Shark Suppressor</span> and Shark bolt mod.

Beautiful stick commanderjb! I'm interested in your Shark Suppressor. How does it perform for sound and recoil reduction?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Bravo51:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Beautiful stick commanderjb! I'm interested in your Shark Suppressor. How does it perform for sound and recoil reduction? </span></div></div>I'll let you know after this friday. I am heading out to the range to test it out and re-zero my scope.

I did a couple of upgrades to these rifles. First I swapped the 16x Super Sniper on this 28" barreled GAP 7Rem Mag to a USO SN3.

GAPRifle7RMone.jpg

Next, I did a skim bed job on the HS Stock and went with the Badger DBM on my 'lil 308. I inletted a little large on the bottom metal so I ended up bedding it too. :monkes: It all worked out in the end. :p
lilbolt2.jpg

CHRIS

For all you SR25 fans out there. here are a few pics of my SR25 carbine that I sent off to Daniel Defense for the RAS. They do an awesome job and are great to deal with. Jay is THE MAN.

Not as good as Lowlight's pics but enjoy em anyway,

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

PSS.jpg

My new piece, Rem 700 PSS w/ Leupold LR/T M1 illum TMR. Lots of thanks to Blaster4! S/F my friend.

New paint job and added a MagPul stock

DSC_0001-4.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by JMO.:
<span style="font-weight: bold">
PSS.jpg

My new piece, Rem 700 PSS w/ Leupold LR/T M1 illum TMR. Lots of thanks to Blaster4! S/F my friend. </span></div></div>Looking good Joel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by RussW1911:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> LOL.....trying, she won't give in and let me shoot the damn thing. </span></div></div>i say you put a hole in the m#####f####r. put it back and take pix.. maybe she wont notice

did you specifically ask for the flutes on the bolt? mine didnt come with the flutes... nice rifle by the way i am sure you will enjoy shooting it..

I asked George about that the other day, he said that the first run of GAP7000's had the standard non-fluted bolt and that the 2nd and 3rd runs came fluted, as I imagine subsequent runs will.
I didn't ask him, but I imagine that the bolts came that way from Lawton before GAP did whatever modifications they do to turn it into the GAP7000. Lawton charges $30 to do the fluting and can have it back to you within the week.

Lawton Rifle Barrels
Check the bottom of the page...

GAP in 308. Acc Int Barrel 26" 1 in 11.25
twist,threaded 5/8-24 with thread protector,
Holland Tactical bolt handle, Badger recoil lug,
AICS, Valdada 10x42 & 20 MOA IOR base and rings.
Balck teflon over Parkerizing done by George.

GAP.jpg

Stuff- Good looking rifle man.

I'll be posting some pictures when the SN3 arrives later this week. !

Russ, your M40A3 clone (or is it the real deal?) is just gorgeous. And that MST-100...pure awesome!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by RussW1911:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Posted for Skunk. </span></div></div>There's three generations of beauties.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by SPDGG:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> - Curious_1 & Scimitar GREAT AICS Setups

** Curious_1 whats your setup/barrel contour/specs?

Thanks, :beer:
F.T.K. </span></div></div>My set up is as follows

Rem 700 Short Action 308 Win
Barrel is 1.250x4 ST to 1.100 inches at 24 inches
Badger Ordnance Lug and Base
Mark 4 Medium Rings
Scope is Leupy Mark 4 M2 with Mil-dot.

Metal Work was done at Iron Brigade Armory.
Stock and Bedding was done at GA Precision.

skunk shouldnt u have a winchester in 30-06 also(unertl 8x on top)? and a m40a1 (u can trade off the unertl on the m40a3 and get a schmidt and bender3-12)? and a m1D garand (m82 on top)? lol constructive criticism
honestly tho very sweet!

No SWS but it holds its own.

tikkam55-full;init:.jpg

It´s a Tikka M55 in .243 Win.
The inbedded target pic is of the first group I shot with 70 gr SMK.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by MLC:
<span style="font-weight: bold">
emminkuvat1049vm8.jpg

Are those ducks? </span></div></div>Not ducks!!!

They look like Blackcock(member of the grouse family)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Johan H:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> No SWS but it holds its own.

tikkam55-full;init:.jpg

It´s a Tikka M55 in .243 Win.
The inbedded target pic is of the first group I shot with 70 gr SMK. </span></div></div>Johan, very nice, but what strange material is that for the stock??...........
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by James Johnston:

They look like Black Cock [/QB]</div></div>Trying my hardest not to laugh! :monkes:

Same here supertac....hmm, so that's what they look like. Who'd a thunk it

My latest:
DSCN0495.jpg

GAP did the metal work, I bedded the chassis, lapped the rings, etc. I'll write a better / detailed review when I have more time.

Stay safe!
Clint

SWEEETTTT!!!! "havoc"

Please list your AICS/rig specs when you get the chance. I'll have something similar [rifle/scope setup] in the near future. Randy @ R&D Precision is currently building it. Thanks for sharing.

Have a great one,
F.T.K.

My funds are stretched to far and in to many different directions. My setup will be posted once I get the SN3 tommorrow!. - Tom

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by supertac:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by James Johnston:

They look like Black Cock </span></div></div>Trying my hardest not to laugh! :monkes: [/QB]</div></div>They are called The Black Grouse...

The Black Grouse (Tetrao tetrix) is a large bird in the grouse family. It is a sedentary species, breeding across northern Eurasia in moorland and bogs with some trees. The Black Grouse is closely related to the Caucasian Black Grouse. These birds have a group display or lek in early spring.

As with many Gamebirds, the male is larger than the female at 49-55 cm compared to her 40-45 cm length. The cock is very distinctive, with black plumage, apart from red eyebrows and a white wingbar, and a lyre-shaped tail, which appears forked in flight. His song is loud, bubbling and somewhat dove-like.

The female is greyish-brown and has a cackling call. She takes all responsibility for nesting and caring for the chicks, as is typical with gamebirds.

The male and female are sometimes referred to by their folk names, Blackcock and Greyhen respectively.

Hakkis

Ps. My brother just shot one from 326 meters. He has Remingtos PSS in 308.

Pss...sorry about off topic

new117nm3.jpg

thats mine i know its not to great of a picture but it shoots really well. all of you have some awsome rifles. :beer: