• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

I'm noticing a very disturbing thing here with all of the 'high speed, low drag' shooters in this forum!! When I see photo's of peoples sticks inside of their cases, they have the scope of the stick towards the hinge side of the case!!!!!! This is usually a major "NO, NO!!" If you ever drop the case while carrying it, the scope is taking the brunt of the blow as the case hits the ground..this is something that was pointed out to me the first time I showed up to a sniper trng class! This making sense to any1 else??

If the foam is to cut "to-fit" for the entire rifle, doesn't the force get distributed to the whole rifle (i.e. not JUST the scope)? Scope up or scope down, it will have the same force on the scope, no?

BTW, nice rifles guys.

CHRIS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Cixelsyd:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> If the foam is to cut "to-fit" for the entire rifle, doesn't the force get distributed to the whole rifle (i.e. not JUST the scope)? Scope up or scope down, it will have the same force on the scope, no?

BTW, nice rifles guys.

CHRIS </span></div></div>+1, also, with msot cases, its so tight int here, the rifle will not move.

cory

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Money:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> This making sense to any1 else?? </span></div></div>Yeah.. but it also make sense to assume that they are only sitting like that for photographing.. ain't too many fools on this site...

Not a very good pic, but, Savage 10FP B&C Duramaxx stock 20MOA Farrell base, TPS TSR rings, Sightron 4x16x42 Mildot.

227698.jpg

Rob Opp

--

Some pics.. bad pics.. but pics just the same...
Sorry ... but I got a weakness for basic black.. The camo is my first experiment with the concept.

Left to right are:
Savage 12FVSS/.300WSM/A3/Accu -> Savage 10FP/.300WSM/UV/Timney -> Savage 10FP/.308/US/Accu -> Savage 110FP/7mmRM/B&C/Accu -> Savage 110FP/.30-06/B&C/Timney -> Kel-Tec SU-16/.223

The stainless and the camo are 26 inch bbl's, the Kel-Tec is 18inch and the rest are 24's..

2 Loopy MK4's, 1 SS10x42m, 1 Bushnell 10x40mm, 1 Barska SWAT and 1 Nikon

Missing at present for various reasons.. 93FV's in 17HMR and 22LR.. Marlin 25MN in 22HMR, .300WM 110FP Savage and my Howa L1500HB .308..

c1.jpg
c2.jpg
c3.jpg

c4.jpg

Unfucking real...

Someone registers,to be a Poster Child for zippers?!!?

Now I MIGHT go out on a limb here...but my tools see more drama OUTSIDE their respective case,than they do INSIDE.

Lemme say...a tool that is "injured" via the zipper side of the case,is an ABSOLUTE piece of shit to begin with.

I can be approached,for clarification,for those uncertain of my stance on the matter.

NOBODY, its about damn time you post here
laugh.gif
. now where are the pics of them toys. show us all of em, and thne a few good pics of your favorite.

cory

here's one of mine
just had it out sunday for a bit of trigger time.

well used, and many critters under it's bolt.

precisionboltgun1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by tcxd40:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> These are what's in my stable sans my custom 7mm Rem mag.

3sr.jpg
</span></div></div>DAYYUMMMMMMM....... where did you get the one in the background, and what the hell is it. VERY nice stick.

cory

BTW... no tac yet, this thread should go down in history :biggun2:

Cory,

The weapon in the back ground was purchase from PA.Defense Consultants which is owned and operated by a friend of mine(www.padefense.com)and is a Ultimate Accuracy .50BGM. Sports a 29" full floated and fluted stainless steel barrel. A 600 yard zero scope base which supports a NightForce 12x42x56 scope. I shoot this in excess of 1000 yards and consistantly group 6 to 8 inches, not bad but not good either. I like to use old engine blocks when hit makes a nice thud about 2 seconds later.
tcxd40

Well, it hurt, it hurt bad. Not really, I purchased this as a package. The Rifle, 50 rnds ammo, base and rings, scope and drag bag totaled $5300 and change. What really sucks is the 7mm Rem mag I had built was $3500 little under 2/3 for less stick. That hurt!
tcxd40

USSR:

I haven't tried the 190. Right now I'm using a "by-the-book" load of 54 gr. of IMR4350 for the 180. This gives me .15" - .20" (3 @ 100, bench). I've seen ya'll mention that 190 load before, but I'm a little skeered of it. What pressure do you see with it?

Rifle info.:
GAP
22" bbl
HTG stock
Premier GEN II 4.5-14x40
Badger base/rings

CS,

Don't be skeered, tough to get too much RL22 in the '06 case pressure-wise. Alliant lists 60.0 grains, and I run 60.4 grains for 2878 fps out of a 26" Krieger barrel. Suspect you will get closer to 2800 fps out of yours.

Don

almost 4:10 here on the east coast, friday evening, people getting off work early to come home,a nd bost pics of their bueatiful rifles under a topic that hasnt been replied on since march 21st, i think its time for a .....

BUMP

cory

url]
Picture251.jpg
Picture249.jpg

1.Springfield M1A SuperMatch ,Enterprise Arms mount,IOR rings and Tasco SS 10x42M
2.Savage 110 Tactical 308 ,Choate Ultimate Sniper stock(epoxy bedded),MWG base,IOR rings,Tasco SS 10x42M
3.Remington PSS 300WM ,MWG base,IOR rings,Leupold Mark4 M1 16x. One of the last Arnold Arms rifles built.

More to come

259356.jpg

rpa quadlite, 22" border (archer) tube in 308 with a jet-z suppressor
259351.jpg

accuracy international AE, re-tubed by border barrels with a 30" cut-rifled border tube in 260rem. 3 shot group at 100yards below using 123grain scenars
273907.jpg

Newest toy,

ALS upper on a DPMS single shot lower. Wanted to get into the 50 game with something like an Armalite AR50 or Barrett M99 but couldn't afford it at the time.

But this thing should be able to shoot damn nice all the same, 3 shot test group from Darran at ALS has it throwing around .470 with a 750grn Amax. Makes me wonder what his match chambered uppers could do, I went with a milspec chamber and I will neck size if I want to tweak for accurate handloads.

dwarftruck.jpg

url]
</a> [/IMG]

Picture of the target is my first 5 shot group @ 600 yds. after doping. Had 1 flyer (low). This is my first experience with MILDOTS and "I like em"

Not to shabby for a semi. and very little practice.

url]
</a> [/IMG]

Semper Fi
zhick

Here is a pic of my "go to" rifle. It will shoot 1/4" groups at 10 BA-Zillion yards (using any powder and bullet weight)in a Cat5 storm!!!

Keith :beer:

Henrywithscope.jpg

OK, it's really my little man's Henry rifle with a piece of junk scope laying up next to it. Looks "Tactical", don't ya think?

Keith :beer:

groupshot1.jpg

Top to bottom:
LongShot Rifles 6.5x284
G.A. Precision 7RM
McMillan MCRT 300WM
noveske/Pacnor barreled AR .223
Pacnor barreled 700 in 308W

I also have a rifle being built by HD Rifles that might eventually be finished...maybe.
frown.gif

CHRIS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Cixelsyd:
Pacnor barreled 700 in 308W
CHRIS </div></div>You got any more pictures of that rig? It looks very cool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Alex Nenadic:
You got any more pictures of that rig? It looks very cool.</div></div>I'm horrible at pictures. This is the only other one that I have uploaded for posting.
LTRish.jpg

-700SA
-Pacnor 18" 1-10" twist bbl(threaded 5/8x24 for a can that I have transferring)
-Has a Vortex to cover the threads now
-HS Precision LTR stock and detach mag floorplate
-TPS 0-cant base
-Leupold MK4 10x M1 scope and MK4 rings
-Eagle lefty stock pad/pouch
-Harris BRM-S bipod
CHRIS

DSCN0093.jpg
DSCN0100.jpg

Armalite AR30 300WM cryo treated
Ziess Diavari VM/V 6-24X56
Harris bipod with lock
Leica 1200 scan
Milldot Master
Pelican 1750

Dude--i wouldnt store that bottle of MXtreme on its side -- a little leak and you'll have a mess in your case!

JB

It's Butch's Bore Shine, and It's just my range bottle. Doesn't stay in the case very long and hasn't leaked yet.
wink.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Alex Nenadic:
You got any more pictures of that rig? It looks very cool.</div></div>I'm horrible at pictures. This is the only other one that I have uploaded for posting.
LTRish.jpg

-700SA
-Pacnor 18" 1-10" twist bbl(threaded 5/8x24 for a can that I have transferring)
-Has a Vortex to cover the threads now
-HS Precision LTR stock and detach mag floorplate
-TPS 0-cant base
-Leupold MK4 10x M1 scope and MK4 rings
-Eagle lefty stock pad/pouch
-Harris BRM-S bipod
CHRIS </span></div></div>Very nice rifle, thanks for posting.

JB,

You forgot to remind him that his rifle is in the case upside down.
smile.gif

helmethair78,

Nice stick & nice layout on the case.

Don

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Luke:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> High-Speed-Para: That M21 is NICE!
300Win/RumMag: Give me the details on your rig would ya?
Redneckbmxer24: I like that RRA..hows it shoot? </span></div></div>\

luke, sorry, i totally didnt see that post, i have never had a group over 1/4" at 100 with cheapo winchester white box 45's, and shoots around 1/4" at 200 with BH's 77gr loads. 1-2" st 500 yards with no-calm wind.

cory

SSG3K, that 700 in the AICS gives me a stiffy, thanks alot for posting it, now i havin chicken wackin material...LOL... thank god im jsut playing...

cory

Here is my Rem 700 VSSF in a McM A3 stock . I am still in the process of getting the stock bedded and adding some sling studs and then I will be painting the rifle to match the stock ...

272975.JPG

Rem 700 VSSF
Badger 20 MOA base
Badger rings
2 LB. Trigger
Leupold 6.5-20X50 Mildot
Screw loose behind the barrel

Well got some pics of the 308 that has been massaged by Hateca, rifle is on its way back to me.

click image for larger picture

Jedi

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by smith934:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> JB,

You forgot to remind him that his rifle is in the case upside down.
smile.gif

helmethair78,

Nice stick & nice layout on the case.

Don </span></div></div>Don...... :p :p
laugh.gif

Just saw this comment
laugh.gif

JB :monkes:

4a1c78da.jpg

6bd00fa0.jpg

same rifle as back in the topic, that the M40A3 clone was. but changed was

AICS 1.5
badger bolt knob installed
NF base
NF lightweight rings
NXS 3.5-15X50 with MLR reticle.

shot it this weekend, and had a 1/4" group at 250 yards, ill bring that up for proof when i bring the target back, i left it at my other property.

cory