• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

I just got this the other day. The rings are 1" and the scope's a 30mm, so the tissue is there to protect the tube. I should have a base soon so I can mount the scope. Then I'll update the photos.
laugh.gif

700LS2.jpg

700RR2.jpg

Hey, RNBMXer, what did you do with that McMillan you had on there? Inquiring minds . . .
laugh.gif

Picture238.jpg
Top: GA Precision "ROCK" 308 in AI AICS green, Badger base and rings, Leupold Mark4 M1 16x Bottom: Arnold Arms Remington PSS 300WM in AI AICS, MWG base and level, IOR Valdada rings and IOR 16x42 Tactical scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JB,

You forgot to remind him that his rifle is in the case upside down.

</div></div>Well. The whole thing is upside down, because I am a lefty.
wink.gif

Here's a pic of my former TBA LH-308. Rifles a real tac driver, but at 16 lbs it's a bear to tote around. I took it to Alaska last fall moose hunting. After a week of walking miles a day on the tundra, I decided it was time to lighten it up, so George is rebuilding it into a GAP TIS rifle.

RangePictures019.jpg

200 yard group with Barnes 168 gr triple shock bullet. This was the load I took moose hunting.

RangePictures001.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Adamsson:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Very nice group! </span></div></div>+1

Geoff Corn built M25 with Leupold LR M3.
00edf43f.jpg

GA Precision SniperCountry Rem 700 with Leupold MK4 M3 and AWC Thundertrap.
32c072ca.jpg

GA Precision Snipers Hide AR-10 with Leupold LR M3.
8712af38.jpg

Moe

Here's my baby...

Finally got it all put together and it looks pretty decent. I have the 26" heavy barrel .308 version. The base and rings are TPS and the scope is a Super Sniper 10X fixed from SWFA. The scope looks pretty sharp and is supposed to be a good one. Haven't shot with it yet, but the optics are nice and clear. I've also got an anti-cant device on it that is an interesting concept. If I like it on my 700P I might put it on the Serbu. I've also got a tactical intervention systems sling.

Still need to get a bipod and a buttstock pack for it, but those can wait...

Here's some pics:

5270Remington-700-PSS1-med.jpg

52704-28-2005-Remington-700-PSS.jpg

Shawn

Figured I'd post some pics of the Serbu too....

5270Serbu-at-bobs-med.jpg

5270Serbu1-med.jpg

smile.gif

Shawn

eba00398716f00000004.jpg

Remington 40X .223 , Accuracy International stock , Jewwel trigger , T4 sound mod , Parker Hale bipod and a Nightforce 3.5 - 15 x 56 .

Switchblade45, don't the guns bang on each other in that case configuration when you close the lid? Or are you putting another layer of foam in there?

Moe

That pic was arranged to show both rifles. They stack on opposite sides of the case with foam in between them. I am currently working on ISOMAT foam to make the rifles sit next to one another at a slant, and make more room for accessories, etc. :firedevil:

TeufelHund . Repost your picture on Thehunt101.com or another site as the Village website is finicky about how much your photo gets viwed .

My newest rifle: Rem700VS in 308.
Choate stock
Harris Bipod
Super Sniper 10X
Farrell 15MOA base
Leupold PRW rings
.5MOA with Handloads so far...
rem700vs308.jpg

Current Long Range Gun:
Trued Rem700 Action with single shot floorplate installed
30" 1.5 straight taper Krieger 1 in 10 twist four groove barrel.
Choate Stock
Super Sniper 20X
20MOA Farrel
GG&G Rings
lr-custom-010-small.jpg

DSC00028.JPG

ar-15, spr knock off 5.56mm

Badger Ord handguard, dpms match barrel 20", dpms flash hider, dpms A3 flat upper, leupold m1 tmr reticle, ARMS high #22's , harris bipod with pod loc

shoots like a dream

a Poster said: luke, sorry, i totally didnt see that post, i have never had a group over 1/4" at 100 with cheapo winchester white box 45's, and shoots around 1/4" at 200 with BH's 77gr loads. 1-2" st 500 yards with no-calm wind.
------------------------------------

Another AR-15 type rifle that shoots better than many purpose-built custom benchrest rigs using neck-turned 6ppc loads and meticulously crafted bullets with actions glued to their stocks, 1.5 ounce Jewell triggers, and 36x (minimum) scopes sitting in front rests and rear sand bags while the shooter is peeking at wind flags.

Sigh... and you'll NEVER see that rifle at a benchrest match.

Too bad, imagine the look on a benchrest competitor's face when he got beat with 1/4" groups from Winchester factory white box ammo. And 1/4" groups are the largest it has fired at 100y.

:rolleyes:

Nate: roger that. Any credibility that redneckbmxer24/Cory had went completely away with that post. Oh, well - another one bites the dust. He isn't the first, and probably won't be the last.

Geez, missed that one
eek.gif

maybe he only shot one group, 2 shots
laugh.gif

I need to find some of that winny ammo for my 223 :roflmao:

JB

Yeah, I was in my local Academy store yesterday picking up some 9 mm ammunition, and I noticed they were out of .223. I guess the word is getting around...
laugh.gif

My budding collection.

Mosin Nagant PU
L42 (incorrect scope)
Enforcer (no. 14 of 200 still known to exist)
Custom Remmy 700.

282852.jpg

J.A.H.,

Damn!!! How much you got invested in sunshades? :roflmao:

Hawk45: You're dead on with the sunshade comment. I was trying to make the barrel look less huge, but the sunshades looked bad so I'm down to 2 sunshades.

Yo: Nice looking 6BR. Looks like it shoots pretty sweet. I'd love to have one someday. Maybe when I shoot the current .308 barrel out. What do you use the rifle for?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by J. A. Hamilton:
<span style="font-weight: bold">Yo: Nice looking 6BR. Looks like it shoots pretty sweet. I'd love to have one someday. Maybe when I shoot the current .308 barrel out. What do you use the rifle for? </span></div></div>Rifle is for 600-yard Varmint Silhouette matches (shot prone), and maybe a tactical match or two, but it's kind of heavy for that with the new barrel. I've done a lot of load dev, but everything worked, so I recommend 30.0gr Varget for fire-forming and 30.5gr or so for match work with CCI450 primers. Or Norma 203B if you can get it. 30.3 works well.

www.hunt101.com
[/url][/IMG]

30-06
Remington 700 action
McMillan A3
Broughton 5C barrel 28" long
Jewell trigger
Leupold 6.5-20X50mm LRT
www.hunt101.com
[/url][/IMG]

url]
[/IMG]
my.php
</a> [/IMG]

Great bunch of rifles and a hell of a lot of pride in ownership/ability...might want to check out the new surgeon web site...has some great pictures.....Surgeonrifles.com

Lobo:

Fantastic rifle and truly amazing accuracy. How does it do on a normal basis? What do you feed it? Shot any five shot groups? Just curious. I've been really happy with my .3006 as well. Fine looking weapon man.

J.A.,
Thanks! On a normal day shooting, the rifle has been consistently shooting between .60"-.90" 3 shot groups @ 200 yards, when I do my part. The pic I posted is my best to date @ 200, not the norm. All I have ever used to shoot groups is 3 shots, but I think I will try 5 shot groups to see what happens. This is my load:

Lapua Brass
Federal Match Primer
56 grains H4350
175 grain SMK
2,921 fps

This load is 3 grains below Hodgdons max.

Updated photos of my PSS from the previous(?) page.

rem702.jpg

rem701.jpg

rem700.jpg

I know 1/2MOA groups are nothing big thing here, but since this is my first precision rifle, and only my second centerfire rifle, I was pretty impressed. I've got all kinds of time on my Savage MKII BV.22 rifle, and quite a bit of time on a real rough .308 M70 Sporter I used to own, but this made me grin to the point of my face hurting. It can only get better if I keep on top of myself.
laugh.gif

halfmoa.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by redneckbmxer24:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Luke:
High-Speed-Para: That M21 is NICE!
300Win/RumMag: Give me the details on your rig would ya?
Redneckbmxer24: I like that RRA..hows it shoot? </span></div></div>\

luke, sorry, i totally didnt see that post, i have never had a group over 1/4" at 100 with cheapo winchester white box 45's, and shoots around 1/4" at 200 with BH's 77gr loads. 1-2" st 500 yards with no-calm wind.

cory
</div></div>I'm wasting my first post on this one...
:rolleyes:

ltr.jpg

There's an LTR buried under there somewhere.

Remington 37 w/ goodies and shooting history from a match shooter here in the NW. Some say a better gun than the vaunted 52's. Harder to find, that's for sure. Coming soon to a "For Sale" spot near you (maybe)
laugh.gif
Picture113.jpg

OK, I'll find a few pics around here somewhere

100_0233.jpg

rem700SA
.250" SS Lug
Shillen trigger
Hart 21" tube 1:12 308win tight NK 1.125"-.875"
mcm A2 with saddle cheek and vert adj butt
IOR 20moa base, tac rings
IOR 6-24x50 MP8

100_0235.jpg

SS rem700 sako extractor replacement spring/pin
.250" SS lug
RB trigger at 6oz
30" PacNor select macth 1:10 300RUM Vais break 1.125"-1"
MCM Tooley handle, Pillar bedded
Talley vetical rings bases w/recoil shoulder
nxs 8-32 R2

100_0234.jpg

rem700
jewell trigger
28" PacNor select match 28" 1:9 280AI 1.125"-.9"
HS Precision 2000 series skim bedded
Baer 20MOA bases
Warne rings (replacements ordered)
NXS 8-32 IRR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by redneckbmxer24:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> huh, what are yall talkin about, im confused...

cory </span></div></div>Obviously.

They're refering to your claim about your group sizes.

:roflmao:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by TLA:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Here is my rifle
</span></div></div>Why on earth is that scope mounted so stinkin' high???
confused.gif

AZ

The scope is not high. It has a built in night vision goggles located below the scope. I bet this rifle is capable of shooting 0.5 MOA.

Actually, I know this because I asked TLA the same question on AR15.com.

AZ
Actually, Hensold NSV 80 night vision sight is used front of the scope, NSV 80 objective size is 124.5mm, because of that scope must be high mounted.

TLA thats a craze looking scope Iv never seen one of those .

toddacguy
The Scope is Hensold (military part of Zeiss) 3-12x56 SSG-P and mount is quick release mount witch is integrate to the scope, scope fits MIL STD 1913 / Picatinny base.

GUNNER10

Thanks for posting your AR with the SN-3, I was wondering if the scope looked to big for my AR.

lOOKS GREAT!

PS; is it a 223 or can I dream about a Grendel
smile.gif