• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

jgrss6.jpg

GAP Rem700SA
Manners
Bagder this and that
Bartlein 26"
S&B PMII 3x12
.260 Rem
28qyjxt.jpg

Savage 10FP
Stockade
SSS bolt knob, recoil lug, etc.
IOR Rings
Seekins 20moa base
Nikon (Monarch) Tactical 2,5x10 44mm
(it's back at Stockade getting a VBull/AI DBM, and a Bechmark barrel, muzzle break, recoil pad, flush cup swivels, trigger job)
.308 Win

Buster,

Thanks! The 10FCP is a sweet rig as well. I had some big time buyers regret when the FCP rifles came out. Post some pics if you can.

Take care,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tman300wm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buster,

Thanks! The 10FCP is a sweet rig as well. I had some big time buyers regret when the FCP rifles came out. Post some pics if you can.

Take care, </div></div>

I will post some but my scope is back order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falconer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
100_2652.jpg
100_2646.jpg

.308 Power </div></div>
wow I think you have my future guns lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buster95</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My last addition

537pxmexican_slingshot.jpg
</div></div>
Sadly I would be more accurate with this

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheTrauma</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buster95</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My last addition

</div></div>
Sadly I would be more accurate with this </div></div>

There's a guy asking about a 2k buck ..............he could use this!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buster95</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My last addition

</div></div>

LOL! Classic

All this wait for a McM A4 is killing me. Here is what I started off with on this build. It was basically a stock Remington 5R with a homemade trigger job, bedded, and Kryloned some GAP camo. It shot great, but didn't fit me well. So I went to the H-S PST03A that I did a little work on. That didn't fit me as well as I'd hoped either, so the stock and scope got sold to fund the McM that I'm waiting on. Anyways here are some pics.

SS5Rmostlydone-1.jpg

Here is the PST03A that I bedded/stippled/painted a bit.
PST03A001.jpg

Here are some groups during load development at 100yds. The 178 A-Max is a 5 shot group, and the 168 Noslers were a 3 shot with a CCB shot that I didn't expect to be close enough to ruin the group.
178AMaxRE15.jpg

Ben168NosCC.jpg

Here are a few more groups at 223yds with various loads during development, including some awsome 4+1 groups due to a loose triggernut LOL.
IMR4064175SMK.jpg

IMR4895.jpg

It loves the 155SMK's, too bad I'm not pushing them hard enough to really get them to 1K.
Sie155RE1544.5.jpg

Re15155SMK.jpg

Sorry if I ruined the thread with a metric shit-ton of worthless pics, I'm just trying to find a fix for my Jonesing on not being able to shoot my rifle.

GAP 260Rem on top of a DPMS lower, Geissele match. Magpul PRS with Accu-Shot monopod. Sierra Precision handgrip.
USO SN3 with H39 reticle

The original upper with Badger FTE and JP Ent adjustable gas block

I have not received my rifle yet so I am reserving a spot here. I am having a heavy 6BR varmint rig built. Here are the specs;
1. Chamber Match 6BR Lapua, no-turn .272 neck.
2. Stiller Predator Single Shot Action, Right Bolt, Right Port.
3. Badger Oversized Tactical Bolt Knob.
4. Stiller Recoil Lug.
5. Bartlein 28", 1-8 Twist, 1.250 Straight Cylinder with 6 Flutes.
6. Manners T4A Stock with Adj. Cheek Piece, Color Dead Flat Black.
7. Jewel Trigger.
8. Vais Muzzle Brake.
9. Stiller 20MOA Scope Base.
10. Nightforce 30mm Rings.
11. Nightforce NXS 8x32x56mm.
12. All metal coated with Cerakote Matt Black.

Pictures coming soon!

All you bastiges have entirely too much discretionary income.

BTW: how do you guys get the super tight groups? Are you shooting from a bipod, BR, bags, etc?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: army eod</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All you bastiges have entirely too much discretionary income.
</div></div>

It is not the yearly income that makes us buy these toys....

IT`S THE ADDICTION TO THIS DAMN FORUM!!!!!!!

Wow man, that's awesome! You've got my dream setup! Did you get the finish done at Practac perhaps?

yes it`s my dream setup! done the finish my self. airbrush and paint from NFM.

So is it the EC paint, or to they have something more permanent now? Very nice paint job. The bolt is still working smoothly?

Assuming it's a STR, what did you pay for the McMillan?

thanks konabully. it`s a sauer 200 str. the civilian ssg 3000.
caliber 6,5x55. accurate enough for me.

the orange circle is one inch. 3 shot group.

the CE paint is ok but not as good as duracoat. maybe some time I repaint it with duracoat. the bolt is not smooth. the bolt is parkerized and that was no success! but it works..
the mcmillan stok cost about 6750 NOK. great stock..

Inherited sporterized 1903A3 that i had some fun with
IMGA0208.jpg

6mm rem, stevens action, Pac Nor barrel, stockade stock, NF 3.5-15 NPR1
IMGA0209.jpg

DPMS LR308B, USO SN-3 1.8 -10 slim line, SWR Omega 30
IMGA0210.jpg

16" WOA barrel AR with SAS M47, NF 1-4 FC2
IMGA0213.jpg

26" WOA barrel AR Varmint rig. (same SN3 as above gotta love the AR platform and a Larue mount).
IMGA0214.jpg

Here's my SURGEON. My first post as well, glad to be here..........

jpegimage41140041qo9.jpg

jpegimage13818258rl9.jpg

The first Surgeon action. I built two, kept one and gave one to Preston Pritchett
dsc02120fk6.jpg

+1 why did you weld the rings?? What if you want to change scopes? Or you bend a ring or strip a ring?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nolo263</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 why did you weld the rings?? What if you want to change scopes? Or you bend a ring or strip a ring? </div></div>

My idea is to build actions as strong as possible, that usually involves doing that with as few parts as possible.....hence the one piece rings and bases welded on. I kind of shrug at wrenching down on 6-48 screws in a stock action holding down a scope that costs more than the gun. It's less likely to lose point of aim than with the screw type set up. Yes, I cannot change out scopes as easy but did not plan to anyway. These rings will not bend as they are 4140ph. You can beat someone with it and it wouldn't move.

That's heavy duty. Did you re-heat treat and retrue the receiver after the cooking??

Interesting name for a custom Remington.........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's heavy duty. Did you re-heat treat and retrue the receiver after the cooking??

Interesting name for a custom Remington......... </div></div>

I jig ground the lug recesses for squareness to the bore, and the face as well, then cnc'd the 30mm bore to the rings. Did not re heat treat it, I was super careful while TIGing it,
crazy.gif
It was around 38 RC so it was ok to weld.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: romanleader</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My LTR. Just got the stock today, bolt's going to Randy for a knob this week...............
ltra5001.jpg
</div></div>

Nice stick BTW, what stock and scope is that? Been out of the rifle game for quite awhile now..........

</div></div>

Is it McMillan A3 or A3-5 with diff options? I am thinking about getting the A3-5 for my Remmy
http://www.mcmfamily.com/mcmillan-stocks-tactical-stock-list.php#a35

McMillan A5 Desert Camo with KMW Cheekpiece and Badger M5 bottom metal.

Scope is an IOR 3-18 FFP w/35mm tube.

Oustanding glass and built like a tank. FFP with 10mil per turn on the knobs and mil adjustments. Definately more bang for the buck than the MK4 line. Can't comment on NF, as I haven't owned one (and I won't until they make a FFP that's competitively priced). I'm not doing flips about the 35mm tube, as I can't mount really low, but as long as I have a stock that gives me a good cheeckweld I'm cool.

$1000 more will get you an S&B or USO with the same features.

001-9.jpg

Here's the .300 WM I just finished up a couple weeks ago. Trued 700 action, 30" Hart HV MAX barrel, Bell and Carlson medalist stock. Zeiss 6.5-20x50 with Kelby rings and 20 moa bases.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: arrrrgh15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
100_1117.jpg

I built the one on top myself. GAP built the other one. </div></div>

If you don't mind me asking, what shooting mat/case is that? Is that the stryker mat?

Eagle Industries rifle case. Not the high speed hybrid one but the cheaper, less bells and whistles one. Still works though.

Here are mine:

DCP_2638.jpg

DCP_2641.jpg

The first one:
Savage 10FP .308
24 inch PacNor SuperMatch Barrel
McMillian A5
MK 4 rings on a 20 MOA Farrell Base
Leupold MK 4 3.5-10 illum Mil-Dot
all work done by Performance in Utah

The second one:
Remington 700 / Echo 51 .308
.30 caliber Tac-Ops can
20 inch Kreiger Barrel
McMillian A2
MK 4 rings on a 2 piece Leupold base
Nigthforce 3.5-15
all work done by Tac-Ops

B.

Nice Echo 51 Winny. I am considering a Tac Ops for my next rifle. Mike is a great guy and heard those rifles are amazing. Let me know how she shoots if you don't mind.Thanks..

New to this forum so i'll start with posting some pics of my
rifle and some info.

I think i will like it here
smile.gif

Enjoy!

aics2ot7.jpg

aicsegwmk42wl9.jpg

Remington LTR .308 + AICS
Leupold VX-III ill mil-dot
Leupold MK4 rings
EGW 20Moa picatinny

//K16

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Winny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are mine:

DCP_2638.jpg

DCP_2641.jpg

The first one:
Savage 10FP .308
24 inch PacNor SuperMatch Barrel
McMillian A5
MK 4 rings on a 20 MOA Farrell Base
Leupold MK 4 3.5-10 illum Mil-Dot
all work done by Performance in Utah

The second one:
Remington 700 / Echo 51 .308
.30 caliber Tac-Ops can
20 inch Kreiger Barrel
McMillian A2
MK 4 rings on a 2 piece Leupold base
Nigthforce 3.5-15
all work done by Tac-Ops

B.
</div></div>

that TAC-OPs is drop dead sexy...thanks for sharing

I guess I'll play... I finally took some pictures.

Remington M700 5R SS .308 Win 24" bbl, Ceracoated
Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50mm NP-1RR with Seekins Precision
img_7362.jpg

img_7360.jpg

Rifle is a shooter. Shoots sub 0.5 MOA easily with factory loads, and looks like it will shoot sub 0.25 MOA easily with handloads, but I've been handloading for it for less than 24 hours, so jury is still out for that.

Here is what I loaded yesterday... shot at 200 yards. 0.628 - 0.308 = 0.320 in.
img_7440.jpg

I'd like to do a BO bolt knob & Seekins bottom metal and maybe an A5. I'm getting used to the HS, but I hated it at first. Its just too small.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well i got the scop in today and put it all together
smile.gif
been waiting a wile for this..

DSC00194.jpg

DSC00195.jpg

</div></div>

Is that the Savage F/TR?
What scope, rings, and base did you go with?
What bipod or bipod adapter are you using?
Hows she shoot?

Sorry for all the questions!
Thanks!

sorry i didnt post all that,,
it is a savage 12f t/r
ss20x42 scope
the rings are form srt tac here in fl. they make them.
and base is a 20 moa base form 1000yards here on the hide.
the bypod came with it.. wanna say its a Harris Bipod the shop i bought the gun at gave it to me not sure on the adapter.

as far as shooting gooes. not sure this sunday will be the first time out.. ill post a report after.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dax</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> sorry i didnt post all that,,
it is a savage 12f t/r
ss20x42 scope
the rings are form srt tac here in fl. they make them.
and base is a 20 moa base form 1000yards here on the hide.
the bypod came with it.. wanna say its a Harris Bipod the shop i bought the gun at gave it to me not sure on the adapter.

as far as shooting gooes. not sure this sunday will be the first time out.. ill post a report after.

Mike </div></div>

I will try to keep an eye out for it!
Thanks

More hunting setup. 308 Roedale Sako L579 with 22" Lothar Walther.
In a Laminated stock with 4-16 S&B
sakolamin.jpg

Or with a lightweight carbon stock fitted to myself for quick off the shoulder shooting in cover.With 3-12x50 S&B zenith flash dot.
Sakocarbon1.jpg

Howa 22-250 with one of my first production stocks under 2 lbs weight.
DSCN1448.jpg

DSCN0727.jpg

The Howa
url]

edi

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that TAC-OPs is drop dead sexy...thanks for sharing </div></div>

SNIPERS4DUMMIES....Thanks, I do like the way it looks...and shoots.

B.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cjgemm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

DPMS LR308B, USO SN-3 1.8 -10 slim line, SWR Omega 30

16" WOA barrel AR with SAS M47, NF 1-4 FC2

26" WOA barrel AR Varmint rig. (same SN3 as above gotta love the AR platform and a Larue mount).
</div></div>

You've got Three UBRs!?! I've been waiting forever to get mine and just now magpul decided to send it off.