• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

precision rifles... show em

Similar paperwork seems reasonable.

But that is quite stupid, a shooting range is obviously going to create some noise, that's like complaining about an airport being noisy... after building a house right next to it.

Then suppressors do indeed seem like a good solution, albeit to a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

Yes, the whole ordeal with the complaints filed on the gun range is beyond stupid if you ask me.

The use of suppressors would still benefit the shooters as the sound levels would decrease alot.

Yes, the whole ordeal with the complaints filed on the gun range is beyond stupid if you ask me.

The use of suppressors would still benefit the shooters as the sound levels would decrease alot.

Less hearing damage is always a good thing, yes. Less recoil is as well.

Updated

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399068755.730765.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399068755.730765.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
My budget build:

Remington 700 AAC-SD in .308
XLR element chassis with the folding option
XLR 20 moa base
TPS low rings
Krg bolt lift
Timney 510 trigger
Harris 6-9 with pod loc
Vortex viper pst 6-24 x 50

Last edited:
But that is quite stupid, a shooting range is obviously going to create some noise, that's like complaining about an airport being noisy... after building a house right next to it.

Funny you should suggest that as I work in aviation and our plant is on land leased from the airport. Well, about 10 years ago (before I worked there) the town expanded to where the airport was and people started building houses on the lots right up against the fence. Lo and behold the next year the county and the city were bombarded with noise complaints about the airport and the started going after the airport that had been there for close to 50 years. Eventually the airport just bought up all the land it could for about 1/2 mile around what they were required to own (FAA regs on having a certain amount of space past the end of your runways) so that people couldn't build houses there. Now the people are complaining to the city that the airport is wasting prime real estate. *facepalm*

Anyways awesome looking rifles guys, this thread is bookmarked in my browser and I check it almost daily!

My 338LM

Just finished playing with this little guy...
Defiance deviant
Bartlein bbl
Jewel trigger
Badger FTE
AIAX
Premier 5-25x56mm
Nightforce rings

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 22
Changed out the barrel, so I thought I would update the pic...

Attachments

• 10176225_10202165232832823_6217002134957975604_n.jpg
    10176225_10202165232832823_6217002134957975604_n.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 26
Funny you should suggest that as I work in aviation and our plant is on land leased from the airport. Well, about 10 years ago (before I worked there) the town expanded to where the airport was and people started building houses on the lots right up against the fence. Lo and behold the next year the county and the city were bombarded with noise complaints about the airport and the started going after the airport that had been there for close to 50 years. Eventually the airport just bought up all the land it could for about 1/2 mile around what they were required to own (FAA regs on having a certain amount of space past the end of your runways) so that people couldn't build houses there. Now the people are complaining to the city that the airport is wasting prime real estate. *facepalm*

Anyways awesome looking rifles guys, this thread is bookmarked in my browser and I check it almost daily!

It's been on the news here, people complaining about Schiphol being noisy, but they live in a neighbourhood right below the flight path of most aircraft coming from / going to Schiphol. So I now sympathise with the airfield more than the rest of Amsterdam at least :D

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

308 R700 stock action and barrel 10twist 20in
Timney Trigger
MDT LSS Chassis FDE
Magpul ACS Stock
Ergo grip
Muzzle brake by Ross Schuler
SWFA 16x42 scope
Weaver 20 MOA base
Weaver 30mm rings

Last edited:

Remington 700 SA 20"
XLR Element
Atlas V8 bipod
Timney 517
Vortex PST 6-24x50
Vortex/Seekins low rings
Seekins 20moa base
Bolt knob by Karl Kampfeld

24mdi61.jpg

kboth4.jpg

4apyga3u.jpg

Last edited:
My latest if I have permission from all you pic Nazis,
Longrifles Inc built
Trued 700 action
26" HV Bartlein, .990" at muzzle
Jewell trigger
T2 Manners
TPS rings and 20moa base
Sightron 10-50x60mm
And yes, I shot it today, 35 times, let my buddy Moe shoot it, he did OK for first time shooting a precision rifle, lol
9JIkfoX.jpg

OhwiVnd.jpg

92gouKd.jpg

Got out to the range today and ran another OCW with H4350 and 140 Hybrids. Better results than Varget.

Rifle

One of the best of the day

Ruger M77mkII 300win mag
27" Hart 1:10 twist with ops inc brake
Spec tech target trigger
Bushnell ERS 6-24 G2DMR TPS TRS super low, vortex ACD
cremaster-albums-ruger-m77-300-win-mag-picture37386-image.jpg

Rem 700 Sendero 25-06
Timney trigger
Bushnell HDMR TRMR2 TPS TRS super low, vortex ACD
cremaster-albums-ruger-m77-300-win-mag-picture37387-a.jpg

Last edited:
My recently completed precision hunter in 308. Media blasted myself here at the house. Pretty stoked on how uniform the finish turned out. I was nervous as a cat in a room full of rockin' chairs before blowing glass all over a brand new barreled action. Any comments are appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    906.6 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    772.9 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    843 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    930.3 KB · Views: 26
Looks amazing which gun is it, and what are the custom parts? Could make it more clear for me? Thanks

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

It's an Accurate Ordnance build. 6.5 Creedmoor Stiller Tac 30aw, Bartlein 24"varmint contour, XLR Tactical Evolution folding chassis, Timney trigger topped with a Nightforce ATACR. It's one sweet shooting rifle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Savage 10 (Predator Hunter Max 1 Model) chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor
Vortex Viper HS-T 4-16x44
EGW 20MOA Base and Rings
Manners T2A
Dark Eagle Customs 10-round mags

10294471_10152343014736550_1781421065627839075_n.jpg

And I have this really expensive hunk of metal that some day will be come a sweet ass rifle.

20140509_161101.jpg

Getting ready to get out and shoot it for the first time!
Remington 700 SPS 20"
Rifle Basix Trigger
Mcrees G5 Folding chassis
Warne Rings and Base with Larue Patriotic Index clips
Magpul MOE+ Grip
Atlas Bipod with Cleat Feet
Vortex Viper PST 6-24 FFP

NgbfgjT.jpg

M4L158X.jpg

gkqva18.jpg

a6IC7PV.jpg

Just a GAP Crusader in .308, Nightforce F1 Mil-Spec, and typical other items. My first step into the modern bolt action guns.

crusaderrifle_zpsc60f7c92.jpg

Very nice rifle you have there. I can't wait for mine to be finished. I ordered basically the same thing in 6xc with a #6 instead of #7 contour. Is that stock pack a large triad or standard?

Surly

Getting ready to get out and shoot it for the first time!
Remington 700 SPS 20"
Rifle Basix Trigger
Mcrees G5 Folding chassis
Warne Rings and Base with Larue Patriotic Index clips
Magpul MOE+ Grip
Atlas Bipod with Cleat Feet
Vortex Viper PST 6-24 FFP

NgbfgjT.jpg

Nothing like the maiden voyage....

I got my new build out this morning for the first time after break-in trip. I finally settled own, got comfortable with the new trigger pull and managed a few good five shot groups. This was the prize of the morning:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    870.9 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    850 KB · Views: 23
AI AX in 260 Remington

New AI AX in 260 Remington

Attachments

• P1160686.jpg
    P1160686.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Group.jpg
    Group.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 25
  • This is it.jpg
    This is it.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23

Very nice rifle you have there. I can't wait for mine to be finished. I ordered basically the same thing in 6xc with a #6 instead of #7 contour. Is that stock pack a large triad or standard?

Surly

It's just the standard stock pack. Love my gun.

Here are a couple of my present ones...

GAP 6.5 Creedmoor

Couple Hospitallers (Green in 260, Multicam 308)

Scalpel 308

Shorty Scalpel 308

And with the 260 Hosptialler

Scalpel 300win

That's definitely an interesting firearm. What is it and how well does it perform? :D

Remington Mann Accuracy Device with a 5.56x45 Kart Sporting Arms barrel, CMP purchase
Steve Jennings carbon fiber, aluminum and delrin F-class stock
CG X-Treme Mod 22 trigger
KRG Bolt Lift
DD Ross M40A1 style scope mount
Leupold VX-2 scope

I haven't shot it yet, but I plan on getting it to the range soon (I'll also post a review). I'll probably change out the scope and mount for something a little more interesting, hopefully a Nightforce!

Remington Mann Accuracy Device with a 5.56x45 Kart Sporting Arms barrel, CMP purchase
Steve Jennings carbon fiber, aluminum and delrin F-class stock
CG X-Treme Mod 22 trigger
KRG Bolt Lift
DD Ross M40A1 style scope mount
Leupold VX-2 scope

I haven't shot it yet, but I plan on getting it to the range soon (I'll also post a review). I'll probably change out the scope and mount for something a little more interesting, hopefully a Nightforce!

Very interesting, I just looked them up. I still have no idea what they were originally meant for though :D
But a March may be nice on there too :)

My lastest contribution. 223 Ackley, 1in7" Kreiger, Cadex Strike Lite. Really like this setup so far. PMII 12-50 on top for now, goin to switch to something smaller when I figure out what I want, or what I think I want.