• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

precision rifles... show em

My new 260 Remington:

Built by JD Thomas at High Speed Shooting Systems
Blueprinted Remington 700
McGowan 22 inch barrel, 1-8.5 twist
Mcrees Chassis
Talley Base
Seekins Rings
Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21
KRG Bolt Knob
Badger FTE Brake

Attachments

• photo_1.jpg
    photo_1.jpg
    702.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
My 300 Win Mag

Built by Tom Ryder at SPR Industries
Blueprinted Remington 700
Hart 22 inch barrel, 1-10 twist
Mcrees Chassis
Vortex Viper PST 4-16
Surefire Brake
KRG Bolt Knob
Warne Base
Burris Rings

Attachments

• photo_2.jpg
    photo_2.jpg
    725 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
My lastest contribution. 223 Ackley, 1in7" Kreiger, Cadex Strike Lite. Really like this setup so far. PMII 12-50 on top for now, goin to switch to something smaller when I figure out what I want, or what I think I want.

Is that an Accurate-Mag .223 magazine?

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

How well do they perform compared to the polymer AICS magazines?

I prefer them over the Polymer AI 223 mags, they fit the mag well nice and seem to function just fine, plus they allow for a longer OAL with some very quick work with a file. I wish they made a 5 rd also.

I prefer them over the Polymer AI 223 mags, they fit the mag well nice and seem to function just fine, plus they allow for a longer OAL with some very quick work with a file. I wish they made a 5 rd also.

If I recall correctly, they literally are just modified .308 magazines, so that makes sense. And if that is indeed the case, AM should be able to make 5 rounders too. Maybe they need more interest before they will do that.

Not exactly a complete custom precision rifle, but I'd say it's a pretty good start.
rangeryo-albums-rem-700-308-picture5054-20130418-164621.jpg

rangeryo-albums-rem-700-308-picture4437-20130410-163355.jpg

rangeryo-albums-targets-picture5053-20130418-165445.jpg

rangeryo-albums-targets-picture4828-fedps150sp.jpg

I hope to be updating this sometime this week. I'm planning on picking up my build from the smith on Wednesday, and heading straight to the shooting range for break in. I'll post pictures as soon as I get her home.

bame7a2y.jpg
3ezyby7y.jpg
ydy6aguz.jpg

Nothing fancy but shes mine all mine.

Hawk Hill Custom blueprinted 700 Action
Hawk Hill barrel 24" 1:11 308
Hawk Hill muzzle brake
Hawk Hill bolt knob
Xlr evolution
Tubbs Aluminum Firing pin
Jewell HVR trigger
Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44
Nightforce 20moa base
Burris XTR mediums

Barrel, Action, Bolt and base cerakoted FDE

Corrected. Barrel actually measured 1" shorter than I expected to make it a 24 instead of 25 :/

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:
bame7a2y.jpg
3ezyby7y.jpg
ydy6aguz.jpg

Hawk Hill barrel in 308
Hawk Hill muzzle brake
Hawk Hill bolt knob
Xlr evolution
Jewell HVR trigger
Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44
Nightforce 20moa base
Burris XTR mediums

I like it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bame7a2y.jpg
3ezyby7y.jpg
ydy6aguz.jpg

Hawk Hill barrel 25" 1:11 308
Hawk Hill muzzle brake
Hawk Hill bolt knob
Xlr evolution
Jewell HVR trigger
Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44
Nightforce 20moa base
Burris XTR mediums

She's a beauty!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

Here's mine yesterday afternoon after some fun in the desert.

Remington 700 5R Milspec in .308 24" barrel
XLR Industries Element Chassis with Tactical Stock and Folder
Bushnell G2DMR 3.5-21X50
TPS 20 MOA Base
TPS 34mm Steel Alloy Rings
Timney 510 Trigger set at 2.5lbs
Harris Swivel Bipod

Lol. Blame it on inconsistent cheek weld. That's my problem anyways.

For what it maybe worth, this was my same issue with my .338 Lapua. I could NOT keep same cheek pressure to save my life. My shots ran right to left and Drove me CRAZY!!!

Once I stopped applying ANY cheek pressure my groups dropped EASILY under .3 MOA consistently. And when I do throw a shot I can chase it with a follow up shot and hit that thrown shot as long as I do not put ANY cheek pressure.

Simply put, no cheek pressure (for me) means I can now put bullet where I want it.

For what it maybe worth, this was my same issue with my .338 Lapua. I could NOT keep same cheek pressure to save my life. My shots ran right to left and Drove me CRAZY!!!

Once I stopped applying ANY cheek pressure my groups dropped EASILY under .3 MOA consistently. And when I do throw a shot I can chase it with a follow up shot and hit that thrown shot as long as I do not put ANY cheek pressure.

Simply put, no cheek pressure (for me) means I can now put bullet where I want it.

I gotta figure it out. I'm having the same trouble. Trying to adjust my chassis so that I can get consistent. I'll try the no pressure thing.

• Action - Defiance Deviant, branded Roberts Precision Rifles. Built in 20 MOA rail, and recoil lug.
  • Barrel - Bartlein 25 inch M24 contour 1:8.5 twist chambered in 6.5 Creemoor
  • Suppressor - AAC Cyclone with a TAB gear Kryptek Mirage cover. (soon to be a Templar N30 6 inch)
  • Stock - McMillan A5 with flush cups all over, atlas rail, and PTG bottom metal.
  • Bipod - Harris Bipod BRM-S and LT706 QD Swivel Mount Combo, bipod spikes are from JEC Customs
  • Sling - Rifles Only FTW. Review of this sling is coming soon.
  • Bolt handle and bolt shroud fluted by "bolt fluter"
  • Scope Mount- Sphur 20 MOA SP-4601 with built in level.
  • Scope - Kahles k624i 6-24x56 w/ MSR k reticle.

Built by Aaron Roberts of Roberts Precision Rifles - Aaron Roberts Houston Texas Riflesmith Gunsmith

yNgsg5M.jpg

YLMKf8f.jpg

3efoxuH.jpg

JZvFk3K.jpg

My lastest contribution. 223 Ackley, 1in7" Kreiger, Cadex Strike Lite. Really like this setup so far. PMII 12-50 on top for now, goin to switch to something smaller when I figure out what I want, or what I think I want.

Oh my god!!! I think i just pee'd a lil. What a gorgeous piece of work.

• Action - Defiance Deviant, branded Roberts Precision Rifles. Built in 20 MOA rail, and recoil lug.
  • Suppressor - AAC Cyclone with a TAB gear Kryptek Mirage cover. (soon to be a Templar N30 6 inch)
  • Stock - McMillan A5 with flush cups all over, atlas rail, and PTG bottom metal.
  • Bipod - Harris Bipod BRM-S and LT706 QD Swivel Mount Combo, bipod spikes are from JEC Customs

That's really nice Ryan. Did you get rid of the Alpha 11/T5A rifle you had? Also, what is the color mix on that stock and what color is the cerakote?

Justin

Sweet looking rig!!!

What caliber?

It is a win model 70 in 243 win. Joel Russo made the stock. I grew up shooting with my grandfather who was a Korean war vet. Always thought that good guns had walnut stocks, so I wanted a 'field grade' walnut stock on my rifle as a tribute to my grandfather.

Thanks !

I couldn't get the one that comes with it to stay exactly where it should.
I'm not cross decking Optics or FLIR so once it was right (couple of socks in there) on went the tape. Warm in winter and soaks up sweat in summer but yeah everyone says it looks shit...but it shoots not shit lol

5R in a M40A1 stock. I have a color matched Mark 4 3.5-10x50 FFP TMR with M5 knobs but am running the USO on it until my GAP comes in.

5rusomark4.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks !

I'm not cross decking Optics or FLIR so once it was right (couple of socks in there) on went the tape. Warm in winter and soaks up sweat in summer but yeah everyone says it looks shit...but it shoots not shit lol

Ah, right. That makes sense. Almost sounds like it's better than an adjustable stock now :D

Thanks !

Function over fashion.. I dig it man. I grab the 100MPH tape often as well.

Thanks !

McNett camo wrap might be a good replacement. Slightly less "bubba" anyways...

To be fair, even with the 100mph that rig is lightyears ahead of what I am shooting.

That tape fades after a few weeks, looks bright in the pics but isn't. It's used a lot in UK, we call it sniper tape. It takes colour fine if you want to colour it.

Built by Aaron Roberts of Roberts Precision Rifles - Aaron Roberts Houston Texas Riflesmith Gunsmith

yNgsg5M.jpg

YLMKf8f.jpg

3efoxuH.jpg

JZvFk3K.jpg

Ryan, great looking rifle! With the 20moa rail and 20 MOA Spuhr, how far are you from bottoming out on scope travel w/ a 100 yard zero?

yNgsg5M.jpg

YLMKf8f.jpg

3efoxuH.jpg

JZvFk3K.jpg

That sir, is a very, very nice set up!!!!! I am about to build / buy a similar rifle in 6.5CM but am "on the fence" about barrel length. May I ask you what distances you are shooting and how that length suits you? Thank you!

yNgsg5M.jpg

YLMKf8f.jpg

3efoxuH.jpg

JZvFk3K.jpg

That there............................is a very, very fine rifle sir!!!!