• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by phill1010:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Been lurking here a while. Wanted to try my first attempt at posting a pic of my humble PSS:
Dsc00738.jpg
</span></div></div>dude, when you dial in windage does it move your elevation??

cory

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by phill1010:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> It worked!!! Here's a couple of my other toys. I know they are not precision bolt rifles, but fun anyway:
Dsc00692.jpg

Dsc00342.jpg
</span></div></div>Got to love them FALs!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Steelhead:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by phill1010:
It worked!!! Here's a couple of my other toys. I know they are not precision bolt rifles, but fun anyway:
Dsc00692.jpg

Dsc00342.jpg
</span></div></div>Got to love them FALs!! Did you build that or buy it finished? Looks like it may be a DSA.
</div></div>

f00111ac.jpg

Remmy 700 milspec 5R..
TPS rings and base
Leupold 3.5-10 LRT M3
Harris bipod
metal sprayed in OD duracoat by me
and of course the multicam eagle stock pack

All of these rifles make me jealous. I'll have a GAP soon enough though...just a bit short on "funds"
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Dante690:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> All of these rifles make me jealous. I'll have a GAP soon enough though. </span></div></div>It's not the rifle, it's the rifleman that counts.

True Rambosky, I've just been longing for some sort of a precision rifle.

Very nice Phill1010! I'm building me a Para FAL right now. I'm waiting on my barrel to get back from being threaded, then I'm going to order DSA's new PARA lower. Should be a nice set up when I'm done.

ONESHOT, must not be married or have any kids!!!!!!lol. nice looking toys.later donovan

oneshot976,

What do you think of that Defensive Edge? I'm thinking of having them build up a .300WM for me. They live about 4 hours north of me and I've heard good things about them.

Thanks

Devin

Devin,
I love my Defensive Edge! Shawn Carlock is a great guy to work with his customer service is excellent! He takes a little longer to build than GAP being a one man operation but builds a great rifle that is very accurate with great fit and finish. I would recommend you give Shawn a call and check him out for yourself. I am sure that you will be pleased with the rifle if Shawn builds it.
You may want to talk to Shawn about the 338 Edge if you call him. I am not sure what your plans are for this rifle but it is a great caliber for long range shooting.

000_0244.jpg

5 shots @ 200 yards with 338 Edge.

Good luck, and keep me posted on what you decide.
Oneshot

Thanks Oneshot! Nice target!

Shawn actually worked on the rifle I currently have. It's a standard Sendero that I bought from a friend who had sent it to Shawn. Shawn cut the barrel down and re-crowned it, and I think he trued the action and lapped the lugs.

Anyway, I think I've gotten to the point where it needs a new barrel and I've been debating on the various smith's to send the gun in to. I'd like to do some other upgrades also, like putting a McMillan A5 stock on and possibly oversized bolt knob. I'm starting to lean towards going back to Shawn. I'll let you know.

clarice.jpg

quarter.jpg

TBA M40A1

3 shots, 100 yds, Black Hills 168g Moly Match.

sonora.jpg

DPMS LR-308

Gotta chime in here with the "safe queen" rifles. Neither has been to the range more than once for their shakedown/sight in but someday I hope to get them out more. Both of these were only purchaced before they were banned in CA. Didn't know if I would ever want them but that choice was being taken away from me so I jumped.

Anyway:

50BMG ALS upper on a DPMS single shot lower
ALS bipod
Badger rings
Nightforce 12-42x 56mm Benchrest Scope
JARD adjustable trigger

Bushmaster .223 24" vmatch upper on a bushmaster lower
Harris bipod
ARMS quick-release rings
Springfield mumble-mumble 56mm Government Scope
It's not been out of the safe since '01 so I honestly don't remember the scope details.
als_and_ar.jpg

The rifle I actually take out and shoot:

Steyr Scout Tactical Elite .308
Warne rings (they're the right height!)
Nightforce 5.5x22 50mm NXS
steyr.jpg

""Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.""

Ya know, ...I bet you end up saying that same lil' phrase to most everyone you meet in life.

Birdman

Well....until I get my LTR this is the only "precision rifle" I have
smile.gif

No.4 Mk.I (T) made by BSA Shirley in 1943. Scope is 100% clear and I get 1" groups at 100 meters with Greek HXP surplus ammo from the 70's.

Best wishes from Sweden,
Anders

sniper.jpg

sgtlmj

How th eholy hell did you get the quarter to stay there. I have tried this before and the quarter is sent into the next zip code. I tried taping it to 1/4 plywood and the only thing that was left was a large hole in the plywood

My new GAP. just got here today.

cheekpiece011.jpg

cheekpiece014.jpg

cheekpiece008.jpg

cheekpiece006.jpg

2f37b939.jpg

GAP .308
Mcmillan A2 stock
Karsten cheekpiece
Rock 25" M24 contour 11.27 5r
GAP side bolt stop
Williams bottom metal
Badger base/rings/bolt knob/Lug
TIS sling
Harris swivel bipod with podlock
SS 10x42M

Very sweet. I thought about doing the all black but ended up with a woodland A5. I kinda like the all black. Let us know how it shoots.ER

Will do. It is going to get a Duracoat paint job real soon, either OD or Camo.

not a long range rig but at 100yds it can hold an inch pretty easily with cheap wolf match ammo.

remington 37, 5 round DM, Unertyl 20X scope

IMG_3565.jpg

and the Surgeon

11.jpg

--KJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by uafgrad:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> sgtlmj

How th eholy hell did you get the quarter to stay there. I have tried this before and the quarter is sent into the next zip code. I tried taping it to 1/4 plywood and the only thing that was left was a large hole in the plywood </span></div></div>You were on the right track, just use more duct tape. I actually lost it on the last round and had to look for ten minutes before I found it.

Hate to post such a terrible pic, but it's my favorite. .300 WinMag,rem action, rock 5R 26",badger TG & BM, Badger bolt knob, Mk4 Rings & Bases, Leupold 4.5-14X50 Duracoat OD

P1010012a.jpg
P1010011a.jpg
64ec7049.jpg

New here but I'll play. Just picked this one up hours ago...

PSS2.JPG

PSS.JPG

Remington 700 PSS DM .308
Custom Barrel maker ??? (from bolt face to muzzle it’s 30”)
Leupold Vari-X III tactical 4.5-14x40mm
Jewell HVR Trigger
Badger Bolt
Harris Bipod
Tactical Precision Scope rail
Butler Creek Flips

This SPR is still under construction, but I'm going to shoot her today anyway. Everything is a go as far as function, just a little bit too black for me. Needs Krylon!!!

SPRMk11Mod01002.jpg

DaveNC and OneShot, I'm in Charlotte if you guys ever want to get together for a range day. I have a honey hole out in Harrisburg thats good for at least 300yds.

OK, I just got it. It is soooo sweet. See if you can tell what it is.....

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

Enjoy, ER72

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by EasyRhino72:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> OK, I just got it. It is soooo sweet. See if you can tell what it is.....

url]

</span></div></div>Not like you showed us or anything
wink.gif

That's one sweet gun, how much did that set ya back?

You may notice a few (factory additons?) that are not reflected on the lower......like the gas block, fluted barrel and sights........