• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Warhawk:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Supermoto:
700ltr.jpg

Remmy 700p LTR </span></div></div>WOW! More info please.
</div></div>Nothing really all that special, run of the mill 700 ltr with a Leupold VX-II and harris Bipod, plus a HateCA bolt knob, which is very nice.

I threw on a little Krylon Tan Camo paint
which was very easy to do. everyone at the range thinks its an aftermarket stock

I think it looks great! I wish I'd bought an LTR instead of my 700VS, but the VS shoots great and it would be a chame to screw it up.

I'd really like to pick up an LTR in 223.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by medic103:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Here is my favorite in an ominous pose.....

Tactical Operations Echo 51
Leupold MK4 8.5-25
Tactical Operations Tac-Ops .30 Suprpessor

DSC03068.jpg
</span></div></div>beautiful rifle medic, now go put a proper base on it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by :
<span style="font-weight: bold"> </span></div></div>Nate

That's one of the reason's it has a glass bedding in front of the action to support this barrel and steel pillars. All of this should compensate for the problems that wood has with changing atmosphere's. The day that I seriously damage this stock, then I will see all my options. I have looked at laminates and some nice syntetic stocks, but sadly the one I like won't fit my action etc.Like the McMillan A5. The only syn that I found that would fit is the McMillan Tikka65. I know of other Walnut options, but if you have any other ideas to throw, please do.

Andre

Ghostface...fantastic!!! Need some specs on that AR10!! Do you get enough elevation to 1000 with that ARMS base?

Thanks....I have not gone out any further than 300 yards right now. There is a 1K range about 20 minutes from me and I can't seem to get over there when the weather is decent. I know it won't go to 1K because with my zero being where it is the dial maxed out at a little before 1K. The parts are:

Stock AR-10TLW that I picked up NIB for $1300.00
SWS rail
CMC 2 stage trigger
GG&G MAD BUIS
MI front BUIS
SPR grip
Larue gas block
PRS
Loopy M3 Mildot in ARMS #35 base and rings.

There is a guy from Finland who posts on ARFCOM every now and then. He was able to mill down the rings to get a 20 MOA slant. I have the plans saved and I need to get them to a buddy so he can mill my rings down. If you want I can IM them to you.

GF
Nice set up. Might want to try an AI base. Works well on my 10. 1K no problem

nice stick memberonly! I think it is time for you to upgrade and sell that one to me.

m24man

Thanks! I realize mine is kinda plain compare to many of the nice sticks on this site, but it severs me well for the last 6 year (just passed 600 rd mark, yeah, I know. I need to take her out to range more.)

30" Hart fluted 1-10 twist
338 EDGE
Wyatts box mag
Defensive Edge brake
Defensive Edge cheekpiece
Defensive Edge oversized bolt knob
Snakeskin camo
Tubb lug
Nightforce 20 MOA base
Nightforce LW rings
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22 x 50 NPR2
Teflon Coyote brown finish on metal

JONES338EDGE2.JPG

JONES338EDGE.JPG

Here are my 7mm Rem Mags built by Geoff Corn
100_03912.jpg

Here are my Savage 10fple2b 308(completly worked over) and FN 300 WSM with 29" Pac-Nor both were built by Geoff Corn
100_04022.jpg

Here is my Kimber 84m 22/250 that has been tweaked by Geoff Corn, and my 6mm Rem also tweaked by Geoff Corn.
100_04042.jpg

A couple of 223s by Mr Corn
100_04052.jpg

My flat top AR and my 17hmr
100_04062.jpg

Rem. 722 .308 build

DSCF0177.jpg

1-11 Rock tube at 27", Mac A3 sniper fill, williams bottom metal, NF 5.5-22 Varminter, Farrel 20 MOA base, TPS rings. Yes, these is daylight under the objective!

My NMa2 and SPR's
DSCN0977.jpg

DSCN0980.jpg

DSCN0978.jpg

I just built the second one. Its wearing a Noveske 18' midlength/IOR 2-12/ Giessel trigger + all the obvious. Still watiing on my Gemtech for it.

Here's the pic of the rifle Skunk wanted posted ... taken from his email to me, here's the info and a story ...

The new Mark 11 the Marines are playing with… The Cpl that was manning that post had just nailed a guy that had fired an RPG at him. The insurgent was about 225yds out and after firing his RPG was running away at a dead sprint. The Marine let one round fly and the Muj ate pavement. A car with two other guys came along about 5mins later and carried the body away… I didn’t see the Marine shoot him, but I heard the shot. When I got up into the OP the body was being loaded into the car.

2000273govtcenter2051.jpg

Here's my precision piece of equipment.

Cactus Weapons System .308
-built off of M700 action
-24" LW-50 SS barrel
-Tubbs extractor
-Shilen trigger
-Badger bolt mod
-10rd DBM
-Digi woodland camo

IOR 2.5-10 scope is borrowed from Seuss (thanks again) until I can build up the funds for my own tactical scope.

DSCN5541.jpg

DSCN5540.jpg

DSCN5537.jpg

DSCN5536.jpg

NO F'ing way. A kill made with a POS gas gun? Must have been a lucky shot.
wink.gif
:rolleyes:

Thanks for the story/pic Skunk

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by WGM:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Here's the pic of the rifle Skunk wanted posted ... taken from his email to me, here's the info and a story ...

The new Mark 11 the Marines are playing with… The Cpl that was manning that post had just nailed a guy that had fired an RPG at him. The insurgent was about 225yds out and after firing his RPG was running away at a dead sprint. The Marine let one round fly and the Muj ate pavement. A car with two other guys came along about 5mins later and carried the body away… I didn’t see the Marine shoot him, but I heard the shot. When I got up into the OP the body was being loaded into the car.

2000273govtcenter2051.jpg
</span></div></div>

Russ
Better now that she has some clothes on.

That moose still needs a bullet hole

mad.gif

Bite me London.

I about have her talked into a S&B, why piss her off now. :beer:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by RussW1911:
<span style="font-weight: bold">
mad.gif

Bite me London.

I about have her talked into a S&B, why piss her off now. :beer: </span></div></div>I can send you a picture of one of mine to show her.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by GhostFace:
<span style="font-weight: bold">
ARbobby016.jpg

ARbobby018.jpg
</span></div></div>hey GhostFace

what r u running for a barrel and handguard setup?

It's the Rock SOPMOD Bipod. I won't go into a whole spill about how much I like it, but I wouldn't trade it for 2 harris'.
BIPOD LINKY

I bought mine from HeatSeekins (Glen) here on the hide. He also has custom mounts that go on the bottom of the rifle. Quick detach setup is great if your shooting off of a ruck like most of us end up doing.

Hey London, I already showed her yours. She couldn't figure out the purple, but said it was a "pretty" paint job.

RRA Varminter 20 inch with a Nikon Monarch 5-16.5X44 scope in TPS rings Yada , Yada , Yada .

432683.JPG

432684.JPG

Genin,

No, sadly I'm artistically challenged. The eagle and bulldog (below) were done by a guy in Arizona, the flags etc. by Eternal design, Alvin TX.

bulldog.jpg

here are a couple of my favorites........
the first pic is of a custom .225 Win
based on a sako action sporting zeiss glass....
DSC00854.jpg

this second pic is of a re-worked pss 7mm mag
it's sporting a sn-3 w/ lit horus....
both of them are tac drivers........
DSC01362.jpg

Tikka T3 300WM, S&B 5-25, BR T3 supressor.
Lauronen (Finland) custom stock.

tikkajuhan008cj0.jpg

tikkajuhan006tm6.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Elarski:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Cool CobraCutter! Please explain how you have cash left over.
smile.gif
</span></div></div>A year in Iraq funed it. The SPR was NOT cheap. Its wearing all Larue/Noveske SPR barrel/Bolt/ and a Giessel Triger. The rest is pretty obvious. IOR 2-12x32 Ilum with TPS rings and GG&G 20MOA Rail.

Here's my precision rifle (the one in the foreground)

DSCI0183.jpg

Specs:
Remington 700 SA .308
Badger tactical bolt knob
Tubbs recoil Lug
Rock M24 contour 1:11.25
McMillan A5
Pillar bedded in Marine-Tex
Badger triggerguard
OD moly-teflon finish
Badger 30 MOA base
Badger 34mm rings
S&B 3-12X50 PMII Gen2 mildot w/ CCW milrad turrets

This rifle shoots very well, 1/2 minute or less at 100 yards with BH 175 gr match, so I can't wait to see what it'll do when I start hand loading.