• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

critter_bill, those 2 sticks are the cats ass, thats some classy shit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by KS:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Here is a pic of my "go to" rifle. It will shoot 1/4" groups at 10 BA-Zillion yards (using any powder and bullet weight)in a Cat5 storm!!!

Keith :beer:

Henrywithscope.jpg

Keith :beer: </span></div></div>That's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Hondo64d:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Here's my latest:

OWGW.jpg

Not tacticaly oriented, but I like it.

All work done by Jim Myers of One Hole Gunworks , Killeen, TX.

.308 Win
700 Short Action
Krieger #5 finished at 22"
Holland Recoil Lug
Williams Trigger Guard
McMillan Sporter, 50/50 red/black, ADL style magazine.
Talley Lightweights
Pictured with Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10 tactical, but currently has a Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x44 w/ #58 reticle and tactical turrets.
Action and triggerguard ceracoated.
8 lbs., 13 oz. with scope mounted.

Haven't shot it much, but it has averaged .567" for its first five three shot groups with four different loads.

John </span></div></div>Very nice Hondo

This does not have anything on the "chipmunkinator" but I like it and that’s what counts.

REM 700 SA, Hart 18" in 308, with PRI brake, Leupold 10x, and I have a 2.5-8x36mm Leupold MR/T M2 for it. I will have to take a photo of it with the MR/T on it.

This is going to be my Pig gun.

3773_1024.ts1164170287377.jpg

Mike @ CSGW

www.csgunworks.com
[email protected]

My GAP is getting a face lift as we speak from a member here at SH. As soon as it is up and running I will fill you all in on the details

but for now here is the first coat of Duracoat on the stock. The color is a special NC green
laugh.gif

accent1shotinODWT_1to1.jpg

John

Finally finished my first project bolt gun.
img5754xd3.jpg

Rem700P in .223, 26" 1 in 9 twist
Bedded & textured
Timney trigger
Karsten cheek rest
R&D bolt knob mod
PRI rings & base
Leupold Vari X-III 4.5-14x50 LR/T with TMR
My own funky DuraCoat camo

I'm hoping to get it zeroed tomorrow and see how she groups!

wow i just went through all 40 pages. only 3 of the SSS SVT stocks
frown.gif
this will make the 4rth

IMG_0027.jpg

Never seen a stock like that. Last I remember that stored ammo was one, I think, Jeff Cooper designed. Was that part of his scout rifle project? It's been too many years. Had a sliding cover on the bottom, rounds dropped out.

My first tactical rifle in some 10 years, shot it today and it does just fine for me at this time...... I do want to upgrade the mounts to a one piece base with stronger rings. Then maybe a kick-### paint job like Caver101's or something of that nature.

Factory Rem. 700 VSSF with a few Bolt mods topped with a Super Sniper scope in 10x. It is sub-minute with 168 Fed GM Match ammo.

The can is one of my designs....

rifle.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by AmmoHouse:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> I thought I would include mine. This is the only gun that I can actually, somewhat, kinda shoot worth a damn!
laugh.gif

45-701.jpg
</span></div></div>I love it!! What caliber is the old girl in?

Dave

ER72 and Longshot: I've been away for the Holiday. Thanks for the kind words. Now I know firsthand what all the fuss about G.A. Precision and Schmidt & Bender is all about. Good stuff!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Before</span>
330089.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">After</span>
P1010279.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Upgrade Specs:</span>
<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]A5 stock with spacers and adjust cheek pad.[*]Fully bedded with pilars and Marine-Tex[*]Badgar DBM mod stock was inletted for mod[*]Jewel Trigger installed by me.[*]Gap Camo by LTM refishing.[*]Action,Barrel,scope,rings and scope base recoated in OD with Cerakote.[/list]

Awesome rig Proteus.
Who coated your scope in cerakote?

Chris

Lobo Joe Larson at L.T.M. refishing did it.
:beer:
Kevin you got that right brother, Mickster is a hammer! :sniper:

Proteus_X3, what did you do with the AICS that was on your rifle? Want to sell it?

Sharp stick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by DaveFromGA:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by AmmoHouse:
I thought I would include mine. This is the only gun that I can actually, somewhat, kinda shoot worth a damn!
laugh.gif

45-701.jpg
</span></div></div>I love it!! What caliber is the old girl in?

Dave
</div></div>Beautiful Rifle. The original 1000 yard rifle.

Where did you have it built, if you don't mind me asking.

It looks like a 1874 CREEDMOOR TARGET RIFLE from Shiloh Sharps . Am i right?

Its a copy, its a Pedersoli.
Its their Silouhette model, I wanted the pistol grip. I wish I had money for a Shiloh. I've had her to 1000yds and I have beaten Shilohs and C. Sharps...guess I'll keep her.

Just the last few ones, have some in pieces, some in progress you guys know how it goes...

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

g4.jpg

uso2.jpg

AWESOME Rifles you have there for SURE !!! :beer:

Iongshot, Sweet Photos/Rigs,
but....Where are the SPECS ???
confused.gif

Thanks, :p
F.T.K.

First one:

RD Precision Built 308
Started as new PSS
HS Precision stock in GAP Urban camo
palm and forend texturing
black bolt knob / black bolt end-shroud
hateca bolt knob
all metalwork duracoated OD green
Fully trued/Maverick Package 22" barrel
2.5-lb trigger
USTS mounting system
USO SN3 3-17-44mm ERGO EREK/M40
eagle stock pad
harris BR pod lock

has about 30 rounds downrange
wink.gif

Second one

Fully trued and blueprinted 700
McGowen 21" .223 Match barrel in 1/12
Badger bolt knob
USMC McMilaln M40a1 original stock bedded
W70 bottom metal
custom machined magazine box
Timney Tigger at 2-lbs
USTS mounting system
Nighforce NXS 3-15-50mm
harris BR pod lock

shoots .25 up to 300 yards, i love this stock.

I have another close-to-spec m40a1 build in progress and looking for an AI; problem is something has got to go, i cant afford 5 $2000 scopes and rifles, the Hateca built 308 is new and fresh i dont even want to dirty it up it will be hard to let something like that go.

Just a quick question fellas. I am making up a new website and was wondering if I used a few photos of your rifles in A-5's to show how good they look. Thanks.
JW Precision
John Wall

Good looking displays you have there Rambosky. Very cool.
cool.gif

Although...I think the 1st pic is missing something. Maybe, a few shrunken heads and a necklace of ears could complete that ensemble.
laugh.gif

Finally got my rifle back after getting the barrel threaded for my AWC Spectrum 90 can. I think I found the load I like, 175 SMK/44.4 varget/win brass/br2 primer.

Although I did miss the dime. damnit.

700pawc.jpg

dime.jpg

I want to build a 22 target tactical rifle for my son. What do you think?

Ruger 10/22 with Butler Creek heavy barrel, Volquartsen Trigger, Volquartesn base, TPS rings and a Leupold MARK 4 10x M1A.
3792_1024.ts1165957907459.jpg

I also just had this Rem 700 SA Made. It has an 18” Krieger barrels, OPS Inc Brake, Houge Stock (I know it is not the best I wanted something no slip), Leupold mounts and base, and a Leupold 2.5-8x36mm MR/T with the TMR reticle. I going to use it for may pig gun.

3794_1024.ts1165957770051.jpg

Mike @ CSGW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I want to build a 22 target tactical rifle for my son. What do you think?
</div></div>I am up for adoption
wink.gif

This isn't long range by any definition, but it is a source of some inexpensive trigger time. It is a 40x .22LR that I got through the CMP. I took it out of the original stock and put it in this old Remington varmint stock I had. The scope is an old Redfield.

I have not completed the refinishing of the stock, but it is tung oil and I am going to leave it a classic matte finish.

It shoots well and is more fun than a fat chick in a fuzzy sweater!

40xRem.jpg

Rem 700PSS .308
Squared and Lapped Lugs, Deburred Bolt
Polished Ejector, Squared Action Face
Polished and Deburred Rails & Feed Ramp
All Holes Retapped on Action
Barrel Set Back 1 Full Turn
Barrel Threads Chased and Rechambered
Polished Chamber
Recrowned
Trigger Adjusted to 2 lbs.
and Custum muzzle brake
SS 16x42 Scope
BELL & CARLSON New Stock
Shaun016.jpg

Shaun009.jpg

The back one is a GAP 308 and the Front one is a 22-250.
100_1492.jpg

Please provide information on how to post on this site. I have done a search and no information. Thanks for any help and the very best to all of you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by aboyd:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> My Rem 700 VLS in .308, customized....
IMG_6946.jpg
</span></div></div>Care to tell us a little more about the rifle? What scope, stock, etc....?

Awesome job on the paint!