• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

As for the LRS, I shurley would rather have a higher end scope;however, havinga the need four 4, I find the LRS has been very reliable with decent glass, and very good function. It has always held zero dialing dope up and down to a mile. Also my reasoning was if a scope did go down, a replacement was just a reach away.

DSC_0269.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: el gordo2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-style: italic">Smoke & Mirrors 223AI</span>
smokin.jpg
</div></div>

No other word for it - that ... is ... beautiful ....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diego-ted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Many nice sticks on here. these are mine.
for out to a mile
DSC01113.jpg

For out to 1K

DSC01270.jpg

The one that started it all

DSC01059.jpg
</div></div>

Looks like my cousin!
smile.gif

DSCF0720.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PatrickChewing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC_0269.jpg
</div></div>

Patrick, I have almost the same stock on order sans the adj cheek. I like the lines of it and my color is close to yours.

Here's my latest hunting rig. Had it a year or so, but have failed to post it in this thread 'til now:

.260 Rem
Stiller Predator action
Brux #4 w/ interrupted fluting, finished at 24"
McMillan Remington Hunter with flush cups on non-bolt side and bipod stud on belly.
PT&G bottom metal.
Wyatt extended magazine.
Throated to allow VLDs to reach the lands and feed through the box
Shilen trigger.
Burris XTB bases, Burris Signature Zee Rings.
Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14 w/ turrets.
'Smithing done by Mike Bryant of Bryant Custom. Can't speak highly enough about Mike. His work is superb and he is as honest as the day is long.

PA140026.jpg

255961a0.jpg

Shoots good...

130grVLD485grH4831BR2Rem32001.jpg

653e1f87.jpg
John

My large bore precision rifle setup:
Remmington 700 tactical 26" in .308 with 40x trigger and bell and carlson OD green stock with black webbing.
7253131052_538883d5f2_b.jpg

Added a bushnell elite tactical 3.5-21x50mm G2DRM scope with warne maxima 34mm low profile rings and a weaver base. A little vortex bubble level attached to the scope. Also with a swivel harris bipod and adjustable cheek piece.

In the future I may get the barrel threaded and put a fat bastard brake on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PatrickChewing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC_0269.jpg
</div></div>

DSC_0271.jpg

Couple weeks ago in the WY match

Stiller TAC 30
Sentinel
S&B 3-20
TBAC
Atlas
Backpack
Dirt...

abo9i1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Special Delivery</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWRichmond</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I notice none of you have data taped to the rifle. </div></div>

I use Velcro, not tape
wink.gif

7magnum.jpg
</div></div>

Specs? Curious about the barrel contour

Nice papa! I was thinking of building a 65 grendal necked down to a 6 mm bullet to be used on ar 15 lowers . 2900 fps advertised . Nice groups though bro. Did u do extensive reloading or just half ass?

7magnum.jpg

Specs? Curious about the barrel contour

Remington 700 -Blueprinted
7mm Magnum
24" Hart M40 Contour w/ Surefire Brake
Mcmillan A-5 w/loggerhead
Surgeon DBM
5.5-22x50 NF NSX w/ NF Base & Rings

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BookHound</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I almost hate to see this one go. Really a beautiful rifle.

bJones_02_caLarge.jpg

That is a trued Remington, Badger lug, fluted bolt body, Badger mini-knob and Nightforce 20-MOA base. Brux 1:9 twist M24 barrel finished at 26" and chambered in .284 Win. Manners stock with APA bottom metal. Jewell trigger set to ~5oz. Glass is a Nightforce 8-32 with NP-R2 reticle with ZeroStops. I'm sure this rifle will make its way over to Hardrock.

Mark </div></div>

These are some sweet rides. I would love to drive some of them. I can't wait to get started on my 308 build. These are really getting me motivated.

Mine. 6.5x55 30" Krieger barrel, remmy 700.

sm3-1.jpg

sm2-1.jpg

sm1-1.jpg

Wow! That rifle (especially the bolt) is so pretty it should be on tour. I have viewed the first half of the entire thread and I had no idea that so many beautiful rifles even existed. Yours is exceptional even in this company.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nook</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine. 6.5x55 30" Krieger barrel, remmy 700.

sm3-1.jpg

sm1-1.jpg
</div></div>
You posted these on reddit a while back correct?

I had to do a double take on the pic at the bench. I thought the bench set-up looked familiar. Tri-county gun club outside Polo. I go there as well for shorter range and pistol.

GAP Crusader-Nightforce F1 Mil-Spec

AIAE MK III -USO SN3 T-PAL 3.2-17

GAPAIAE.jpg

Surgeon .338 Lapua 27" Remedy in AI AX stock, NF 5.5 x 22 56mm .1 milrad, Parker Hale bipod, AWC Thor PSR Ti suppressor and muzzle brake. Gun ships in APR13.

Nothing special or custom like some of you guys are running...but I like it.

Sako TRG-22
Near MFG Base
US Optics Rings
US Optics SN3 EREK GAP
Sako Bipod
Turner AWS sling
KAC Bulletflight
AAC Brake
AAC 762SDN6 suppressor

IMG_4474.jpg

IMG_4502.jpg

Bad pic with the mirrage and messing with the camera...but you get the point...
IMG_4492.jpg

IMG_4469.jpg

IMG_4473.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilmore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I really want to kill.
Custom_1874_Gemmer118164345_std.jpg
</div></div>
I could have a lot of fun with some black powder & heavy paper patched bullets. That's a rifle to be proud of, it's a piece of art.

Bighorn Action
6MM Competitive Match

P1000940.jpg

22lr Trainer
40x/Rock Creek Barrel

P1000955-1.jpg

Family Picture. From front to back:

1: Tubb Spec-Tac-Lr in 6xc, Schneider Barrel, Vortex Razor
2: Rem 308, Krieger Barrel, A-5 Stock, Badger Knob and Bottom Metal, Horus Scope
3: Stiller Tac30 in 6xc, Krieger #17, A-5, Badger Bottom Metal, Horus Scope (my go to rifle)
4: Rem 308, Factory Barrel cut to 20", Badger Knob, HS Stock, Horus Scope
5: Stevens 200 .223, Schneider Barrel, HS Stock, Vortex Viper PST
6: Stevens 200 300 Win Mag, Shilen Barrel, CDI Bottom, Choate Stock, Vortex Viper PST

boltguns.jpg

Nothing fancy, but here is my SPS-T celebrating Columbus Day:
DSCF0667.jpg

Getting there:
DSCF0670.jpg