• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

I usually don't break out the AR 50 for precision work. Mostly 3 gun comps. Nothing like shooting it off hand or kneeling. Most of the guns you see on this forum are all one of a kind. It might just be paint or different bolt knob, but everyone chooses a different path for their build.
A Ar 50 or barrett are a dime a dozen and most of the people that own them on here don't show them or could careless to have one.

I for one dont feel any need for a 50cal. Just isnt my cup of tea. Also I want to see some more pics of the naked lady!!!!! LOL Lee

While it may not be in the class of your custom modified stuff GAP's, Tac Ops etc. Here is my XCR Tactical Long Range.
IMG_0391.jpg

Doesn't shoot too bad either. This is the best so far, 3 shot group at 100mtr. Fired about 50 rounds so still breaking in.
IMG_0402.jpg

I love how this thread has been exploding lately. Here is mine topped off as good as it is going to get for now. I'll get better glass as I can afford it.
RemSS5R001.jpg

RemSS5R002.jpg

Specs:
Remington 700 SS 5R
McM A4 50% black/25% gray/25% light gray
Super Sniper 16x
Leupold MK4 Base and IOR rings

I did the bedding and trigger job myself. It might not be a GAP quality rifle, but it shoots better than I do most of the time and better than a lot of rifles out there.

It's amazing to me that there are very few varieties -- seemingly no .50 cals, no AR-30s, no AR-50s. No Barretts. Why?

I appreciate that many if not most of the rifles are custom-made and well-built, all with expensive scopes. What I haven't seen and am more interested in than the camo job done is the weapon's accuracy.

In other words, it looks great -- but is it accurate?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Whaledriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's amazing to me that there are very few varieties -- seemingly no .50 cals, no AR-30s, no AR-50s. No Barretts. Why?

I appreciate that many if not most of the rifles are custom-made and well-built, all with expensive scopes. What I haven't seen and am more interested in than the camo job done is the weapon's accuracy.

In other words, it looks great -- but is it accurate? </div></div>

wow... looking for accuracy and you want 50's and barretts.... if I'm reading your post correctly you might not have a clue what you've been looking at.

There's no doubt that there's some great bangsticks pictured in this topic.

Though not personally, there are .50 cal shooters out there that I'd match against a Remington anyday up to and including 2400m. From what I observed earlier this year in Arco, ID, the .408 CheyTac is <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">very</span> </span>accurate and is showing performance that some .50 Cal shooters will envy. Imply what you will.

Perhaps there are some features of the rifles I may have missed, but I challenge you to make a photo montage of the weapons posted here and you'll see my point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Whaledriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's no doubt that there's some great bangsticks pictured in this topic.

Though not personally, there are .50 cal shooters out there that I'd match against a Remington anyday up to and including 2400m. From what I observed earlier this year in Arco, ID, the .408 CheyTac is <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">very</span> </span>accurate and is showing performance that some .50 Cal shooters will envy. Imply what you will.

Perhaps there are some features of the rifles I may have missed, but I challenge you to make a photo montage of the weapons posted here and you'll see my point. </div></div>

Go ahead and give us a show of what you can do with that 408.

Yeah!

How can a rifle be accurate if it does not look cool!?

Check Hollywood they know !!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Whaledriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's no doubt that there's some great bangsticks pictured in this topic.

Perhaps there are some features of the rifles I may have missed, but I challenge you to make a photo montage of the weapons posted here and you'll see my point. </div></div>

Whale:

Can you please venture down to the 1000 Yards and beyond section and start your new topic in regards to the 50, 416, 408 and such? No need to hijack someone elses thread, but I would like to venture into the ELR discussion with you in your own thread.

Thanks

P4250005.jpg

"The Pig". Just a bread and butter Remington 700 PSS with a <span style="font-style: italic">few</span> options added. Many have come and gone before it. I just like this one, and have hung onto it for the last 15 years or so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chad3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You haven't left yet? </div></div>

Where am I supposed to go? Nobody else will have this old washed-up prick on their website.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lockedandloaded</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chad3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You haven't left yet? </div></div>

Where am I supposed to go? Nobody else will have this old washed-up prick on their website. </div></div>

That was pretty funny actually!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Halfnutz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He's persistant, that's for sure.

Does it have a side bolt release? </div></div>

Yes, if you hold it sideways.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Whaledriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it just me, or is there a common type of rifle being used here? There was only one rifle that looked significantly different (not referring to the external paint scheme), and that was a rifle built up in .408CT. Aren't people shooting the .50 Cal rifles here? Is there a single AR-50 or AR-30 in the forum? Other than mine, is there another Barrett rifle in the group?

Having a .416 Barrett feels like being the only kid in the school with red hair. </div></div>

And your rifle is where on the picture thread............................................?

Well guys this is a few of mine, thought I should add some as this thread was what got me started on SH (3 yrs ago)

The first My Theoben Rapid 7 -Remember airguns are a bigger thing in the UK because no licences required for the lower power levels.
theobenR7.jpg

Next my CZ varmint .22 topped with a Merlin scope. Oh and a SAK moderator. - UK mods are getting the norm here you just ask and give a good reason - hearing protection etc

DSC00548.jpg

My Remington PSS .308 topped with Leupold Mark 4 TMR 4-14 x 50mm
Next plan with this is to cut the barrel down and moderator it

remmodel700.jpg

My latest buy a Parker Hale Model 1200 - it’s going to be my deer gun. In .308 again - I really like the stock on this one- a bit different to my others.
PH002.jpg

Pics from a camera phone - not too bad but could be better.

I have already developed a pet load and tweaked a drop table with the factory HS set up, After a long wait, I now have my 700P 338 Lapua bedded into an A5. I am now fully rigged, loaded and ready to wring-out this rifle ! Will keep you posted !

MLRA5_2.jpg

Latest stick.
Rem 700 SPS Tactical with following mods:
B and C stock
Leupy MK 4
EGW base
TPS rings
Stock Pack

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldNFO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle EOD! </div></div>

thanks Navy guy

Heres mine... finally finished.
308 Sendero
AICS 1.5
NF 8-32
Gunworks 14" over barrel suppressor (6" forward, 8" back)
Gunworks Badger Style Bolt knob

DSCN0047.jpg

My SEI M14SE Crazy Horse

The Rifle was Built by Ron Smith at SEI on a LRB M14S Receiver & sports a SEI 22.0" Medium Heavy Crazy Horse® Barrel with M80 Heat treatment. Chambered for M118LR.

I decided to put my Crazy Horse in a FDE Troy MCS, I will need to get a riser rail or a quick release ADM mount in 35mm for my S.H. Edition FFP IOR 3-18 to finish it off (My Seekins rings alone are a bit too low in this configuration), I am also going to put a set of the Troy BUIS on it as well. But So far I am pleased with how it is turning out.

CH_M14_SASS_02a1.jpg

CH_M14_SASS_04a1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spanners</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heres mine... finally finished.
308 Sendero
AICS 1.5
NF 8-32
Gunworks 14" over barrel suppressor (6" forward, 8" back)
Gunworks Badger Style Bolt knob

DSCN0047.jpg
</div></div>

I would like more info about this suppressor.

Here is mine. Hope you like it.
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb132/jamesee2/DSC02806.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb132/jamesee2/DSC02807.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb132/jamesee2/DSC02810.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb132/jamesee2/DSC02812.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb132/jamesee2/DSC02813.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb132/jamesee2/DSC02817.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb132/jamesee2/DSC02824.jpg

Rem 700 sps varmint
B&C medalist tactical stock(sanded down and reshaped a little bit)
DIY bedding job(Marine-Tex)
Nikon Monarch 5.5-16x44 w/stupid BDC reticle
Cheapo Warne rings and base(soon to be changed)

near future plans include:
Nightforce base and rings
Falcon Menace or Mk4 scope

distant future:
send out for action work and rebarrel

should be done after that(then I will need a Spec Ops or GAP)

Thanks for letting me show off my second love.

How did you reshape it? all the pics are about the same. I would liketo see where you reshaped it and why you did? Looks good!! Lee

I Just smothed out the bottom of the vertical grip because it was hitting my hand every time I shot while squeezing the bag underneath. I also rounded out the corners of the for end. I just hated to see the sharp corners so I smoothed them and put a big radius on them. Thats all.

My contribution.

- GAP Crusader with M7000 action - Desert Krylon paint job with GAP Camo underneath
- S&B 3-12 x 50 PMII LP w/illuminated reticle
- Harris bipod

I've checked on the barrel and have a Uterus stamp so Ray Lawler must be the creator. I know that all the GAP smiths are great but I've not read anything specific on his work so any feedback would be appreciated.

I've unfortunately been so busy with work and "honey do" items that I have not yet had a chance to put rounds down range. However, I have decided on a name for her though so boys meet "Lola".

I'll get a range report when I can get out...

20080831-_DSC5267.jpg

20080831-_DSC5268.jpg

20080831-_DSC5270.jpg

20080831-_DSC5272.jpg

20080831-_DSC5273.jpg

Well I said my LTR would be updated, so here she is. Now once I can get a couple buck together, she'll get a new knob, and I'd like to get a lower base than the EGW aluminum one it has right now. The USO rings are eating the alum base for lunch. I'd also like to swap the USO meds for xlow or Seekins XLow (hell I'd even lke a set of TPS super lows)

-LTR action, trued
-Rock 1:10 5R 308 26.25" from the lug
-Tubb lug (they suck, took my smith forever to get it indicated and straightened out, it was bored askew......)
-McM A5, desert with KMW cheekpiece
-Badger M5
-SH IOR FFP 3-18X42
-USO Med Rings
-EGW 20moa base (gots to go...)
-of course, Harris S model w/podloc

Thanks for helping me spend thousands since I first registered guys, couldn't have done it without your inspiration!
rock001.jpg

rock002.jpg

gapstiller243.jpg

My rifle from the Stiller group buy. GAP did the work.
Predator action and base, McM A1-3 stock, Badger bottom metal and rings, USO scope. Chambered in .243. Barrel is a 7.7 twist (near as I can tell
blush.gif
), #7, heavy fluted, and finished/threaded at 24". I just asked for something that will shoot 115 DTACs.

CHRIS

I'm told is GAP camo, I may try to remove the Krylon to see but I'm still on the fence.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild Bill C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wonder what she looks like under all that Krylon?
wink.gif
</div></div>