• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision supressors

Don't get the Burn Proof. Get the Can Chap. It's brilliant and of higher construction quality/ease of use vs. Burn Proof. I have both. The Can Chap is also less expensive and the people who make them are members here. They don't slip either. This is on my Enticer S Ti with a Huxwrx HUB QD mount. Eliminated any mirage I was seeing.

View attachment 8378429
Just received my can chaps/scope chaps order today. Clearly produced with attention to detail, high quality, and looks great. I am excited to put it to work to verify it functions as well as I have been hearing.

Don't get the Burn Proof. Get the Can Chap. It's brilliant and of higher construction quality/ease of use vs. Burn Proof. I have both. The Can Chap is also less expensive and the people who make them are members here. They don't slip either. This is on my Enticer S Ti with a Huxwrx HUB QD mount. Eliminated any mirage I was seeing.

View attachment 8378429
So what don’t you like about the burn proof?

Would like to get a scope chap if they made one for my t6xi. But not a fan of the straps on the can chap. May would go with AG instead.

Just received my can chaps/scope chaps order today. Clearly produced with attention to detail, high quality, and looks great. I am excited to put it to work to verify it functions as well as I have been hearing.

I think I will go this way for my next cover. Before I order, any SH discounts that you are aware of?

So what don’t you like about the burn proof?

Would like to get a scope chap if they made one for my t6xi. But not a fan of the straps on the can chap. May would go with AG instead.
I own both the Burn Proof as well as the AG covers. The problems with the Burn Proof cover is that they are expensive, and a serious pain in the ass to get on. But once you do get it on, it's on there and ain't going anywhere. While they do look good and are precisely made for your specific can, I just don't think they are worth $200.. unless you are running and gunning like John Wick and the suppressor is going to contact you often.

Now the AG covers are a lot less expensive, but you have to really keep an eye on them because they like to slip off. It does not matter how tight you cinch it to the can, it will still slide. I think they are better for guys who are shooting precision rifles who just need something to mitigate the mirage instead of something to protect the can, or themselves from the hot can.

So it kinda depends on the application. If you're fighting bad guys in close quarters and switching to your sidearm often, get a Burn Proof Gear. If you're just wanting something that helps you see what you're shooting while the can is hot, just go with an AG.

Last edited:
Reactions: mwiggi
I own both the Burn Proof as well as the AG covers. The problems with the Burn Proof cover is that they are stupid expensive, and a serious pain in the ass to get on and not look like shit. But once you do get it on, it's on for good and ain't going anywhere. While they do look good and are precisely made for your specific can, I just don't think they are worth $200.. unless you are running and gunning like John Wick and the suppressor is probably going to contact you often.

Now the AG covers are a lot less expensive, but you have to really keep an eye on them because they like to slip off. It does not matter how tight you cinch it to the can, it will still slide. I think they are better for guys who are shooting precision rifles who just need something to mitigate the mirage instead of something to protect the can, or themselves from the hot can.

So it kinda depends on the application. If you're fighting bad guys in close quarters and switching to your sidearm often, get a Burn Proof Gear. If you're just wanting something that helps you see what you're shooting while the can is hot, just go with an AG.
Thanks for posting that! The Burn Proof is a bit steep for what it is, but I’m a fan of how they look. DVOR has the medium size 50% off today. Too bad I wouldn’t be able to get my Enticer LTI to work on it. Found a heavy custom one for $185, but that’s still double of a custom AG.

Tempted to risk it on the medium Burn Proof because of the price. But figured it wouldn’t work. Designed for 1.38” and I have 1.6”.

Can’t really decide on a color one way or another. It would live on this rifle 99% of the time or another Tikka CTR in a KRG Bravo that’s Sako Green. Leaning towards either FDE or wheat tan.

Attachments

• IMG_1287.jpeg
    IMG_1287.jpeg
    943.6 KB · Views: 28
Thanks for posting that! The Burn Proof is a bit steep for what it is, but I’m a fan of how they look. DVOR has the medium size 50% off today. Too bad I wouldn’t be able to get my Enticer LTI to work on it. Found a heavy custom one for $185, but that’s still double of a custom AG.

Tempted to risk it on the medium Burn Proof because of the price. But figured it wouldn’t work. Designed for 1.38” and I have 1.6”.

Can’t really decide on a color one way or another. It would live on this rifle 99% of the time or another Tikka CTR in a KRG Bravo that’s Sako Green. Leaning towards either FDE or wheat tan.
Whatever you do, DON'T buy the Burn Proof unless it's specifically for your can. You will never get it on and it will just be a waste of money, trust me!

Reactions: mwiggi
Once you get some carbon in the can it will mirage much less. I don’t bother with a cancover and I very rarely find that it’s an issue, and when it is it’s usually when I’m on the bench boxed in and not in a match or wide open air

Last edited:
Once you get some carbon in the can it will mirage much less. I don’t bother with a can and I very rarely find that it’s an issue, and when it is it’s usually when I’m on the bench boxed in and not in a match or wide open air
Good info, I wasn’t aware of that. I saw mirage after 3-5 shots on a cold (35-40 degrees) morning and have used a cover ever since

Once you get some carbon in the can it will mirage much less. I don’t bother with a cancover and I very rarely find that it’s an issue, and when it is it’s usually when I’m on the bench boxed in and not in a match or wide open air

I've shot an entire 2 day PRS match with a suppressor without a cover, never once had mirage issues. Granted that was with a 6BRA, so pretty low powder charges.

However, bigger cartridges with more powder will have more issues with mirage. I imagine the thermal conductivity of the suppressor materials will have an effect too. 17-4 will probably behave a bit differently than titanium.

How long does that take to happen? I’ve fired around 150 rounds and didn’t notice mirage until I was at max charge weight and fired a few rounds back to back. Was in the wide open.