• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Underground rear bags?

Just a shout out, love my bags, top shelf for sure. But not only is Precision Underground a great SH supporter, he is a staunch supporter to the shooting sport. You probably noticed his gear on more than a few prize tables. Good guy, doing good things.

ZY
Right on man! I think I have something headed your way soon!

Reactions: ZY100
That’s like cheating 😂
This is cheating!
91110495-D2D3-49A4-B5D8-8B93270FC682.jpeg

Reactions: jtackmann and TACC
Agreed, I got mine this week and got to try it out yesterday. Absolutely loved it. Compared to what I have been using, the 3D ELR bag with the light/firm fill allowed me to spot my impacts on a much more consistent basis. Wish I would have got one sooner!

Agreed, I got mine this week and got to try it out yesterday. Absolutely loved it. Compared to what I have been using, the 3D ELR bag with the light/firm fill allowed me to spot my impacts on a much more consistent basis. Wish I would have got one sooner!
Thanks guys 👊🏻

That light filler is crazy good! I’m going to look into offering it for peoples game changers and such. I think it will be the best light fill around.

I have your ELR bag and love it. I'll be ordering an ELR mini soon and thought I would also try the 3D ELR as I have a few different rifles. If I'm not concerned about weight, would you reccomend the classic or Light/firm fill for the 3D ELR? Does the light/firm lock in more than the classic?

Thanks for your help!

I have your ELR bag and love it. I'll be ordering an ELR mini soon and thought I would also try the 3D ELR as I have a few different rifles. If I'm not concerned about weight, would you reccomend the classic or Light/firm fill for the 3D ELR? Does the light/firm lock in more than the classic?

Thanks for your help!
It’s going to come down to personal feel. They both are effective at staying put. The light does get more firm when compacted. Depending on how you use a rear bag you may like that more or less. It’s made of small “grains” for lack of a better word. So when it compresses there is almost no empty space between the grains. I don’t typically use the 3d but I’d choose the light just because of the weight savings. I’m not out in the field trying to save weight but with no stability lost there’s really no downside to going lighter. If you really like the feel of the fill you have you may want to stick with that though.

Quick question -- is there a color chart anywhere for your bags? Thanks

I currently have the green Caldwell “bunny ear” bag. It tends to be a little too short for my Harris SBRM with spiked feet.

I’m looking to order either your standard ELR or 3D ELR for use as my rear bag. Which would you recommend @Precision Underground? The bunny ear Caldwell seems to be around 4”, which is also around the size of the standard ELR I think.

My company literally started because I could not find a decent rear bag. They were all slippery and ridiculously hard to keep where I wanted them. Check out the video demo on the site and you will get a sense of how the fill works.
PrecisionUndergroundRifleGear.com

The 3D ELR uses the same fill as the one in the demo. The 3D is not a lot bigger in height and width but it has the added 3rd dimension of thickness so it’s ridic thick and stable when the stock sinks into it. I like something a little smaller so I still use the standard ELR. I’ve never had a str8 laced but I think the dimensions of the 3D are pretty close. Happy to help if you have any questions!
What's the comparison bag in your video and how much does it weigh? Looks like a 2.6-3oz TAB V2.

I currently have the green Caldwell “bunny ear” bag. It tends to be a little too short for my Harris SBRM with spiked feet.

I’m looking to order either your standard ELR or 3D ELR for use as my rear bag. Which would you recommend @Precision Underground? The bunny ear Caldwell seems to be around 4”, which is also around the size of the standard ELR I think.
the ELR may be a hair tall if your typical is 4”. Let me know and I can take 10% of the fill out and it will be good. The 3d should be fine.

@Precision Underground can you make me a bag that stops all my competitions from canceling until further notice? This is getting ridiculous :sick:

Also...the 3D bag you put light fill in for me....works wonderful....really enjoy that bag.

Reactions: littlepod
@Precision Underground can you make me a bag that stops all my competitions from canceling until further notice? This is getting ridiculous :sick:

Also...the 3D bag you put light fill in for me....works wonderful....really enjoy that bag.
I hear that. I only have time to shoot a couple of matches a year and it’s going to suck if I can’t even do that.

I’m liking the light fill more and more. Not that I didn’t like it at first but I’m realizing just how good it is.

Reactions: b2lee
I had to prove to my friend that my ELR bag would not tip over; just like his very expensive BR eared rest. He raised his eyebrows and said "let me shoot from it". He did and ordered one that evening. Awesome products you guys make.

I posted in another thread that the Precision Underground 3D ELR didn't work for me. They sent a return label and we swapped DMs for a while until they thought they had an answer for me. When I got it back, it rocks. Very stable, easy to punch up. A really first class organization. You can't go wrong with them.
Edited to add, they contacted me and volunteered, not me asking for anything.

Last edited:
Which fill do you have in your 3D ELR?
It originally had the standard fill. They suggested the new light weight fill, which is much stiffer, if that's the right word. Ive shot with it twice since I got it back, and I can honestly say my groups have never been better.

Awesome! I was leaning towards ordering one with the light fill as I have an ELR with the standard and thought I might try something different.

Thank you!

It originally had the standard fill. They suggested the new light weight fill, which is much stiffer, if that's the right word. Ive shot with it twice since I got it back, and I can honestly say my groups have never been better.
Nice!
My theory was that you were used to using the firm rabbit ear bag so when you switched to the 3d you weren’t keeping your grip on it through recoil. I’m 100% a rear bag dork because I even guessed you were used using a really firm bag from your description of what your issue was lol.
I suggested the light/firm filler since it gets really firm when compressed and it doesn’t take much pressure to retain the shape and keep the stock from sinking in. So as long as you don’t totally let go through recoil and don’t put too much cheek pressure down you should stay on target pretty well.

I’m trying to get a video together on rear bag use and the different ways people use them. Some guys are 90% on the bag and 10% in their shoulder while some guys are the opposite. For recoil control the latter is 100% the way to go. But if you are shooting a braked 6.5 or less and recoil control is not an issue burying into the bag can work. If you are 90% on the bag you better be sure your bag is not giving out through recoil or you will be up and left 3 mils every time.

Nice!
My theory was that you were used to using the firm rabbit ear bag so when you switched to the 3d you weren’t keeping your grip on it through recoil. I’m 100% a rear bag dork because I even guessed you were used using a really firm bag from your description of what your issue was lol.
I suggested the light/firm filler since it gets really firm when compressed and it doesn’t take much pressure to retain the shape and keep the stock from sinking in. So as long as you don’t totally let go through recoil and don’t put too much cheek pressure down you should stay on target pretty well.

I’m trying to get a video together on rear bag use and the different ways people use them. Some guys are 90% on the bag and 10% in their shoulder while some guys are the opposite. For recoil control the latter is 100% the way to go. But if you are shooting a braked 6.5 or less and recoil control is not an issue burying into the bag can work. If you are 90% on the bag you better be sure your bag is not giving out through recoil or you will be up and left 3 mils every time.
You called it right. The new fill holds up better for me, and I'm really happy with it. I realize you spent a good bit of time working on my issue, and I appreciate it.

Does the light fill make it a little easier for the ELR or 3D ELR to be squeezed for minor adjustments as a rear bag?

Does the light fill make it a little easier for the ELR or 3D ELR to be squeezed for minor adjustments as a rear bag?
In my experiences it does. I have an ELR with the standard fill and a 3D with light fill and have found the light fill mych easier to use overall.

Nice!

I'm about to pull the trigger on the 3d ELR bag from all these praises! From these comments, I'm a bit confused about the type of fill I should choose. I want a fill that's more "solid" without much or any squeeze pressure. That's why I've always used heavier large rear bags in the past and dug my rifles into the bag until I'm perfectly aligned with my crosshairs. I put most of my head weight into the bag. I don't have to use any bag squeeze pressure at this point and just have my nonshooting hand resting against the bag. I've gotten really good groups this way but my new MPA chassis doesn't agree with the height of my current bag. I was about to get the heavier classic fill 3d ELR until I read the above post saying that lighter fill is more "stiff". I'm used to heavier fill being more stiff so this is going against my natural instinct if that makes sense

I'm about to pull the trigger on the 3d ELR bag from all these praises! From these comments, I'm a bit confused about the type of fill I should choose. I want a fill that's more "solid" without much or any squeeze pressure. That's why I've always used heavier large rear bags in the past and dug my rifles into the bag until I'm perfectly aligned with my crosshairs. I put most of my head weight into the bag. I don't have to use any bag squeeze pressure at this point and just have my nonshooting hand resting against the bag. I've gotten really good groups this way but my new MPA chassis doesn't agree with the height of my current bag. I was about to get the heavier classic fill 3d ELR until I read the above post saying that lighter fill is more "stiff". I'm used to heavier fill being more stiff so this is going against my natural instinct if that makes sense
The light fill gets more firm with less pressure. The way you are describing is not “fundamentally” the best way but if you are going to shoot that way the light fill should work well for you. Guys who mash the stock hard with their cheek will find it easier to not sink the stock into the bag with the light fill.

Got mine finally!
20200626_134736.jpg

3d elr with the light fill.

@Precision Underground is great to work with. Usps stunk. Usps took possession of it on June 10th in Florida. Was supposed to be delivered on the 13th.Then they shipped it to the worse place on the way to Utah.

Honolulu Hawaii.

I contacted Precision Underground to check that I had the right tracking number. I did and they did everything correctly.

Usps finally realized they messed up and it supposedly left Hawaii on the 16TH. After that they said it was "moving in the system". I checked with my local post office a couple of times to see what they had to say about it. Finally filled out a missing mail form on the 24th. It showed up at the local distribution center yesterday morning the 25th. Was delivered today... 16 days after they took possession of it.

The miss shipping was completely the fault of USPS.
20200626_135712.jpg

Got mine finally!
View attachment 7360108
3d elr with the light fill.

@Precision Underground is great to work with. Usps stunk. Usps took possession of it on June 10th in Florida. Was supposed to be delivered on the 13th.Then they shipped it to the worse place on the way to Utah.

Honolulu Hawaii.

I contacted Precision Underground to check that I had the right tracking number. I did and they did everything correctly.

Usps finally realized they messed up and it supposedly left Hawaii on the 16TH. After that they said it was "moving in the system". I checked with my local post office a couple of times to see what they had to say about it. Finally filled out a missing mail form on the 24th. It showed up at the local distribution center yesterday morning the 25th. Was delivered today... 16 days after they took possession of it.

The miss shipping was completely the fault of USPS.
View attachment 7360113

Love the MARPAT camo.
4EDBFE51-E642-46DC-8AC0-2CD48609D43B.jpeg

Reactions: LeftyJason
I tested my 3D ELR with light fill today at Thunder Valley...mainly shooting the 1 mile target....made things very easy today....Been using this thing for a few months.....going back and forth between the ED ELR and the regular ELR.....and they both have different uses for me....I like the regular for changing distances quickly...and prefer the 3D when I just shoot one distance.

I tested my 3D ELR with light fill today at Thunder Valley...mainly shooting the 1 mile target....made things very easy today....Been using this thing for a few months.....going back and forth between the ED ELR and the regular ELR.....and they both have different uses for me....I like the regular for changing distances quickly...and prefer the 3D when I just shoot one distance.

I have a regular ELR but eventually went back to my str8laced with some hard plastic fill for stuffed animals in it.

I think I prefer the larger bags because I squeeze one side of the bag in order to make small adjustments to my elevation.

I have a regular ELR but eventually went back to my str8laced with some hard plastic fill for stuffed animals in it.

I think I prefer the larger bags because I squeeze one side of the bag in order to make small adjustments to my elevation.
Yea if you are used to and prefer a larger bag the 3D would have been the way to go.

Reactions: Gil P.
So after reading this entire thread, I'm sold. Lol! I am just looking for verification of which bag to get. I shoot PRS competitions and do some mid to long range varmint hunting so having an accurate reload and dope is critical to me. I want a bag specifically to shoot a single distance, doing load work ups and dope verification at a squarish range while prone. My main rifle is in an MPA chassis with a bag rider and I've been using a SAP run 'n gun bag that has roughly the same dimensions as the 3d ELR bag with a VERY squishy fill. My rifle sinks pretty deep into the SAP bag when placed long ways under my rifle so I figured the 3D ELR on one of the 2 main edges will end up being a perfect fit. So based on what I've said does the 3D ELR with light fill sound like the way to go?

I like the regular fill better for ELR or shooting groups.
You form it into place and it’s incredibly stable.

I like the light fill for instances where quick target changes or fast positioning is needed, light fill is also nice for a front rest.
A light squeeze gives quick adjustments a bigger range of change.

On flat surfaces and level shots with my chassis rifles with bag riders the mini is my go to.
6419FE97-C58C-4E07-A5F7-76E7343EC52C.jpeg

without a bag rider or with elevated bipod the ELR or 3D ELR is nice.

I like the regular fill better for ELR or shooting groups.
You form it into place and it’s incredibly stable.

I like the light fill for instances where quick target changes or fast positioning is needed, light fill is also nice for a front rest.
A light squeeze gives quick adjustments a bigger range of change.

On flat surfaces and level shots with my chassis rifles with bag riders the mini is my go to.
View attachment 7369939
without a bag rider or with elevated bipod the ELR or 3D ELR is nice.
Great info to know! Im a larger guy so usually I run my bipod a little taller for comfort. But Im definitely not worried about quick target changes for this bags purpose so maybe the original fill will be better suited...

Great info to know! Im a larger guy so usually I run my bipod a little taller for comfort. But Im definitely not worried about quick target changes for this bags purpose so maybe the original fill will be better suited...
If you lay the ELR or 3D ELR on their sides they’re A similar height as the mini if that helps.

Reactions: david8989