• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Underground Suppressor Insulators. Lifetime warranty!

My suppressor insulator and rear bag showed up today and I couldn’t be happier! Excellent craftsmanship and the most stable rear bag I’ve ever used.
4C3BB2FF-15F9-419E-89F3-775DDAAFF460.jpeg

Love seeing pics of them guys. I feel like I’m seeing pics of my kids after they are all grown up and moved out of the house lol. There are some quick(crappy) installation vids on the site. One important thing is to slip the insulating sleeve on from the “soft” edge of the suppressor. That will make sure the edge of the fiberglass sleeve doesn’t get chewed up as it’s pushed past a sharp edge. I was planning to get out and make some quality installation vids today but I got what I believe to be TB from my kids and have been stuffed up and coughing for days lol.

Just received my cover, very happy with order process this was custom fitted for my SiCo Hybrid with ASR. After a good bit of measuring, exchange of PMs, and ideas, the order was placed and arrived 2 days later. Testing it out tomorrow.
7UTYqmz.jpg

Just received my cover, very happy with order process this was custom fitted for my SiCo Hybrid with ASR. After a good bit of measuring, exchange of PMs, and ideas, the order was placed and arrived 2 days later. Testing it out tomorrow.
7UTYqmz.jpg
Let me know if you have any trouble!

Reactions: cauqazn
I have never been extremely happy with how I was sealing the end of the Kevlar cord. It unravels like crazy when you cut it and you can’t melt it like you can paracord. All of the metal agletts I tired were dumb looking. I was just using a dab of epoxy. Well I had an epiphany.... I ordered some heavy duty, adhesive heat shrink tubing and it works perfectly. If anyone wants me to send them two pieces to add to their cord just let me know. All you have to do is slip it on, use a heat gun or carefully rotisserie it through a lighter flame and then clip the tip off.
F865B6B8-0B5C-4D3E-8EEB-8EDC25038359.jpeg

Just to show y’all how we roll.... I have been trying to source some more economical high temp felt. This carbon fiber I am using is expensive....and don’t even get me started on the cost of the Kevlar cord lol. Someone suggested a product so I ordered some.

It is about 1/2 the price of what I am getting now. It came in and looked good initially, it’s good to 1800 deg. I made up a couple of sleeves to test it out. It would work 100% and looks good. But after handling it and working woth it a bit I can see that it’s not as nice as what I’m using now so no dice. Not going to sacrifice quality for a few extra dollars.

Carbon fiber on the left new product on the right. Before you buy a cover ask what materials are being used because a lot of things will work, but only a few are the best. My answer would be 100% carbon fiber, braided fiberglass with high temp silicone(aerospace indistry specific materials), GENUINE cordura, and Kevlar cord.
E91ABEED-7069-4D07-B82E-31906B473720.jpeg

Put ~ 200 rounds downrange today with the cover. Held up great mirage was a non-issue. Even ran it pretty quick on my 6.5G gas gun, no mag dumps though :)

Just to show y’all how we roll.... I have been trying to source some more economical high temp felt. This carbon fiber I am using is expensive....and don’t even get me started on the cost of the Kevlar cord lol. Someone suggested a product so I ordered some.

It is about 1/2 the price of what I am getting now. It came in and looked good initially, it’s good to 1800 deg. I made up a couple of sleeves to test it out. It would work 100% and looks good. But after handling it and working woth it a bit I can see that it’s not as nice as what I’m using now so no dice. Not going to sacrifice quality for a few extra dollars.

Carbon fiber on the left new product on the right. Before you buy a cover ask what materials are being used because a lot of things will work, but only a few are the best. My answer would be 100% carbon fiber, braided fiberglass with high temp silicone(aerospace indistry specific materials), GENUINE cordura, and Kevlar cord. View attachment 7008772
Wow...,very very impressed. My issue with all Suppressor covers has been with repeated fire. Suppressors as everyone knows get extremely hot and I’ve been “tagged” quite a few times.

Assuming repeated fire thru a 7.62x51 how many rounds before it starts to burn?....

Attachments

• 09B54454-8994-406F-AC0C-E9EE1F6E5769.jpeg
    09B54454-8994-406F-AC0C-E9EE1F6E5769.jpeg
    300.5 KB · Views: 48
Wow...,very very impressed. My issue with all Suppressor covers has been with repeated fire. Suppressors as everyone knows get extremely hot and I’ve been “tagged” quite a few times.

Assuming repeated fire thru a 7.62x51 how many rounds before it starts to burn?....
I really don’t have the answer to that. Buy one and try it and let me know because I am curious as well :unsure: If you melt it with it installed correctly I’ll repair it. I’d say go laced if it’s going to get really hard use.

Had my new Precision Underground bag out to the range today for the first time. I am very impressed with this bag!!! It locks up solid with little effort at all!!!

Do you guys carry a bigger bag than this one? Would love to test a bigger bag as well. Home run with this bag though!

Had my new Precision Underground bag out to the range today for the first time. I am very impressed with this bag!!! It locks up solid with little effort at all!!!

Do you guys carry a bigger bag than this one? Would love to test a bigger bag as well. Home run with this bag though!

Thank you sir! That means a lot coming from the resident gear tester!

I have one that I did custom for a guy that I dubbed “the tallboy“ that is bigger than that one. I have thought about putting it on the site. Are you using that one standing on the tall side?

Thank you sir! That means a lot coming from the resident gear tester!

I have one that I did custom for a guy that I dubbed “the tallboy“ that is bigger than that one. I have thought about putting it on the site. Are you using that one standing on the tall side?

Tall side is too tall and low side is too low. Need something just a little bigger and a little fatter if that makes sense. I thought I saw a pic of one like that you made but maybe I'm crazy

Tall side is too tall and low side is too low. Need something just a little bigger and a little fatter if that makes sense. I thought I saw a pic of one like that you made but maybe I'm crazy
Yea you are a tweener. I am too. I’ll warn you bigger than that gets really big fast though. Prob fine for bench shooting. I use one that is a hair shorter than that but bigger than the Mini. I think the best route is to go a little shorter but same width so you can use the tall side comfortably. PM me and we can make a plan.

Reactions: vol375
Have you modified your original post to reflect the current colors etc that you are using now ? I need 2 covers for tbac 9 ultra's.

Have you modified your original post to reflect the current colors etc that you are using now ? I need 2 covers for tbac 9 ultra's.
I’ve done a bunch of 9s and 7s. Just did a 7 today. Happy to make you a couple! I think it’s updated but colors can be seen at PrecisionUndergroundRifleGear.com
Look at the ELR Mini pic and you can see them all. Working on getting new pics and will have a close up of all of the colors. Let me know if you want to see a specific pic of one.

Friday buuuump!

Ask questions before you buy a cover. What materials are used? Our answer will be braided fiberglass with high temp silicone(aerospace specific material), carbon fiber, genuine cordura, and 100% Kevlar cord. For comparison, shock cord is about $5 for 50 feet, Kevlar cord is $30 for 50 feet!

Reactions: Alpine 338
Can’t wait to see what you made for me.
You now have your own shelf in my shop sir! I did change out the cord on the over-run insulator so all of the cords would match. It had the older style Kevlar I was using. And you will now own the longest and shorted insulators that have ever come out of the shop lol.
3928342F-FFBC-4440-B297-312398DA1697.jpeg