• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Preferred Barrel Blanks, Lead Time Longer Than Stated

tenor.gif

I ordered a blank from Bartlein in January. I was quoted 12 weeks I believe at the time of order. Checked in at the 2 month mark and was quoted 6 more weeks. Checked in again after 7 more weeks and was quoted 3 more weeks. I was contacted for payment about 3 weeks later and barrel arrived as ordered about a week later.

Ordered January 8, received June 10. I was annoyed a little by the timeline but gave lots of slack for Covid stuff. I love the barrel and it hammers. But I don’t know that I can wait 5 months again.

Wondering if this place will ever learn? "Lead Time" "Pre Order" I don't buy into that shit, if it's not on the shelf I don't LET them get $ out of my account. If they don't ship in a couple days, I cancel.

Reactions: BCX and kindabitey
Wondering if this place will ever learn? "Lead Time" "Pre Order" I don't buy into that shit, if it's not on the shelf I don't LET them get $ out of my account. If they don't ship in a couple days, I cancel.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. If I'm buying something that's gun-related that's sold built-to-order, I just assume I'm not going to get it within the advertised time frame. Maybe 2x. Probably 3x. Especially when it's someones side hustle. Hell I'm 2 years into an 8 month rifle build, but I was pretty much expecting it.

I will start by saying I have zero experience with PBB. I don’t need to get burned to learn a valuable lesson.
If you look at the other PBB thread, it’s rife with folks ordering prefits for actions that accept prefits, only to have the barrels not fit and be told something must be wrong with their action, and to send the barrel back with the action and they’ll make it right. Trust me when I tell you, there’s likely nothing wrong with their actions and it’s PBB’s lack of machining prowess fucking things up. Some of them are actually taking off other prefit barrels to be replaced, that worked just fine.

Reactions: plong
I ordered a blank from Bartlein in January. I was quoted 12 weeks I believe at the time of order. Checked in at the 2 month mark and was quoted 6 more weeks. Checked in again after 7 more weeks and was quoted 3 more weeks. I was contacted for payment about 3 weeks later and barrel arrived as ordered about a week later.

Ordered January 8, received June 10. I was annoyed a little by the timeline but gave lots of slack for Covid stuff. I love the barrel and it hammers. But I don’t know that I can wait 5 months again.
Order 2 or 3 at a time.

PBB treated me right, I ordered in March and had mine in early May right about 6 weeks. Mine was a 223 Ackley and it is a straight up hammer. It was a bighorn pre-fit, wasn’t firing all factory 223 to fireform so they took it back and shortened the headspace at no charge and paid for shipping coming back. Problem fixed. They had a CNC machine go down and parts and shipping extended eta’s from what I understand.

Between civil unrest and this Rona shit there are legitimate reasons for things to not be flowing as fast. For just over $400 shipped a threaded, chambered barrel that shoots this well is pretty awesome, makes sense that they got an influx of orders. Plus demand on firearms stuff is up. They make their barrels in house, which is probably how they can afford to sell pre-fits at that price.

I know waiting sucks especially when you go past your lead time without explanation but these guys make good stuff and seem like good people, I’ll be ordering from the again. Hopefully you guys get your barrels soon.

Friday May 1st placed order

Not asking for a refund
I am not a quitter, I’m going to see this through, and when I do get my barrel, I’m going to find some bullshit thing wrong with it just to make their lives miserable and deal with my bulldogging them everyday

That’s how I operate, I’ll be your best friend, break my back to help and go out of my way for you, but when you cross me it’s game over, I’m relentless in my pursuit of revenge, just ask my ex-wife
When I repo’d the MB C class I bought her, I drove it for a year after changing the plates to “WAZHERS” just so she could see that shit every couple days
Then I took a sabbatical from my job just so my income would be zero and I could rape her for 36 months of spousal support, one check for every month we were married

I don’t fall in love easy, but I fall outta love fast as fuck
0-100 real quick lol

what they did to you was lame but this attitude is 7th grade sassy bullshit and reads like you’re stroking your sausage in front of a mirror and chearing yourself on

Experiences like the OP used to kinda be the norm in Gunsmithing. It’s nice to see that there are some smiths out there who have raised the bar.

WTF is up with the title of this thread?

"yeah my current barrel shoots lights out but they missed the deadline by a couple weeks in the middle of a pandemic and firearms panic buy so FUCK THEM TO DEATH!"
This made me laugh way to hard!! Lol

Last edited:
PVA was great to deal with. Ordered May 3rd. Shipped June 2nd.
Ordered a 6BR barrel 14 Jun, delivered 29 Jun while I'm still in the hospital. 15 days total. Now that's service. Plus they threw in an aftermarket barrel nut and wrench for free.

Reactions: Earnhardt and S3th
what they did to you was lame but this attitude is 7th grade sassy bullshit and reads like you’re stroking your sausage in front of a mirror and chearing yourself on

I disagree, it’s more of an 8th grade attitude, but I read at college level

And ya I’m stroking my king cobra in the mirror listening to AC/DC “Shoot to Thrill”

But I can’t cheer myself on, both hands are full, I just tried, it’s impossible

Last edited:
Reactions: PAYDIRT
WTF is up with the title of this thread?

"yeah my current barrel shoots lights out but they missed the deadline by a couple weeks in the middle of a pandemic and firearms panic buy so FUCK THEM TO DEATH!"

So outright lying to customers is ok, as long as there are other things going on in the world and people are buying guns?

Last edited:
FUCK THESE GUYS

Just called at 10.30am today, I’m at 10 weeks on July 3, another 3-4 week wait

I wouldn’t do business with these assholes if their barrels were free

DON’T BUY FROM PBB under any circumstance
Tell your buddies, tell your fellow shooters, hell tell your momma, steer clear of these worthless liars and buy from anyone else

I asked what the issue was they said it was “an influx of orders all at the same time”
Horse shit, I placed my order after speaking with them on the phone, getting the 5-6 week lead time, and placed with 15 minutes of that conversation
Total garbage, they will sell you on the short quoted lead time and fucking keep your money as long as possible before delivering product
Sounds like a pyramid scheme where they use your money to fund barrels they have collected payments on two months ago
My guess is they fold in the next year, I’d love to see that happen
It takes a lot to get me heated but they are pushing all the right buttons
You will probably plan ahead BETTER next time and not wait until your barrels are almost shot out to order replacements. The whole covid thing probably had something to do with adjusted lead times. Grab a tissue, have a good slobbery cry fest then grow up. I ordered 2 barrels from them this year. I was in no rush to get them so when it took an extra month I didn’t whine. The barrels shoot great and you can’t beat the price.

So outright lying to customers is ok, as long as there are other things going on in the world and people are buying guns?

Sounds like you are the type of customer they want.

I work at a manufacturing company and over the last 2 months I've had projects that were supposed to be done a month ago get pushed back to November. Most everything in the supply lines has been affected. I can't speak for PRB, but "shit happens" and if this was a continual issue that is widely reported it's one thing, but during the full retard atmosphere that's going around right now I'm a little more likely to cut folks a break. PTG, for example, has a great reputation for taking forever, screwing things up, and charging restocking fees for parts that were never made... That's one thing. Quickly browsing through this thread there's a bunch of people with cheap barrels that shoot really good, of which most were delivered within the given timeline (prior to Covid).

But more to the point, your thread title outright calls them pieces of shit and liars, then the content of the OP asks if it's a common issue, as if you don't really know the reputation of the business. So it may come of a little confusing as to why you're making such a bold statement when you have to ask around to verify your claim.

Look for the "In Stock" in the future if it bothers you that much.

ETA: Does it ever occur to you that you're the customer that nobody wants?

Last edited:

Sounds like you are the type of customer they want.
Lets be clear, the mother fuckers who are tearing down statues and rioting for no fucking reason are "Pieces of Shit." not the guys trying to make it building barrels for gun loving patriots. Did they miss their deadline, yes, take it up with them but dont come on here talking bullshit and slandering their name while you just said that their barrel Hammers! Give some liniency given the current cercumstances.

You will probably plan ahead next time and not wait until your barrels are almost shot out to order replacements. The whole covid thing probably had something to do with adjusted lead times. Grab a tissue, have a good slobbery cry fest then grow up. I ordered 2 barrels from them this year. I was in no rush to get them so when it took an extra month I didn’t whine. The barrels shoot great and you can’t beat the price.

COVID was in full swing when I called, got the 5-6 week lead time and placed my order so idk
Few weeks over I’d totally understand, but more than double the longest lead time quoted is frustrating
Not going to get shit on and thank them for the hat

Last edited:
probably a good time to start supporting your local gunsmith

i’ve never waited longer than a week for a chamber job. normally it’s done within 8 hours

i try to keep at least 1-2 barrel blanks in my safe

Lets be clear, the mother fuckers who are tearing down statues and rioting for no fucking reason are "Pieces of Shit." not the guys trying to make it building barrels for gun loving patriots. Did they miss their deadline, yes, take it up with them but dont come on here talking bullshit and slandering their name while you just said that their barrel Hammers! Give some liniency given the current cercumstances.

If you can’t keep your word your a piece of shit and a liar in my book

Trying to keep it real with the other shooters so they don’t have to learn the hard way like I am

And yes when this thread was started, I was friendly and inquiring if there were others with similar experiences, but I’m beyond that now, their lack of updates, zero comms, and just keep waiting attitude has changed me from courteous to not, just like the title of this thread, hell they didn’t even apologize when I called for status update yesterday, they were all non schalon and “yeah it’s gonna be a while so enjoy”

Don’t sell people something knowing you can’t deliver on your end and expect them to take it with no lube and be happy

Last edited:
Tell me how you really feel, 🤣
Some guys have had enough experiences like the op years ago and have lowered their expectations accordingly.
Kinda like how when you have an appointment with the doc @ 3:00. You show up at 3 but know full well, you won’t see the doc till 3:30 or 4.
It’s not right but it’s real.

Reactions: BCX and Ledzep

Everything I have said is truth and if your butthurt by it, fuck off and start your own thread titled “PBB, Best Dick I’ve Tasted...Today”

You give leniency and lick their boots, I’ll keep it real with the other shooters so they don’t have to learn the hard way like I am

And yes when this thread was started, I was friendly and inquiring if there were others with similar experiences, but I’m beyond that now, their lack of updates, zero comms, and just keep waiting attitude has changed me from courteous to not, just like the title of this thread, hell they didn’t even apologize when I called for status update yesterday, they were all non schalon and “yeah it’s gonna be a while so enjoy”

Don’t sell people something knowing you can’t deliver on your end and expect them to take it with no lube and be happy

So either call your CC company and dispute charges or act like man and deal with whatever delayed your barrel.

Shit happens in this world. Stop wasting time and effort on things out of your control. You here bitching and slandering a company isn't doing anything for your blood pressure.

Call them and ask for an explanation.

Dude, I did.
Their explanation was “influx of orders”, so somehow between the 15 mins me talking to them over the phone and placing the order, everything changed and the wait time more than doubled?!?
Did I promise them my money in 5-6 weeks and say “ow influx of spending pushed your payment out to 14 weeks”

I’ve already stated I’m waiting this out to the bitter end no matter what

Last edited:
Reactions: MichiganMitten
Dude, I did.
Their explanation was “influx of orders”, so somehow between the 15 mins me talking to them over the phone and placing the order, everything changed and the wait time more than doubled?!?
I’m calling bullshit. If they did what they said there would be no reason for this thread. Don’t blame me for stating the truth and calling out people that need to be called out.

Incase you don’t know, slander is FALSE statement that hurts a reputation

Did I promise them my money in 5-6 weeks and say “ow influx of spending pushed your payment out to 14 weeks”

I’ve already stated I’m waiting this out to the bitter end no matter what
Did you ever think the guy you chatted with wasn't tracking new lead times? It's always plausible. I get it, it's frustrating, but to go on a tirade because of one barrel or interaction with a company is wrong. Like someone else said, it's not like they are PTG and always late with stuff.

Reactions: gdonley308
Everyone wants to use Covid as an excuse to lie and take $ for products not delivered. The real problem is guys that find that acceptable.

They don't take your money. You give it to them.

ETA: Please provide some examples of real cases of "everybody" lying to up order numbers. Please include info from their suppliers as well, proving no shortage/backorders on the front end.

Just FYI, if you can't... You'd be a liar, and VaderRubicon will call you out on it.

Reactions: 1moaoff
Well apparently they are late with everything, evidenced by the others posters here stating they overshot their delivery date by weeks and months

So it’s whatever at this point.

Last edited:
Why do people keep crying when there gun shit is late. But then wait it out. By waiting it out you are condoning it!
Either use the guys we all reccomend that have fast turn times or dont cry about it.

Reactions: Tokay444
They don't take your money. You give it to them.

ETA: Please provide some examples of real cases of "everybody" lying to up order numbers. Please include info from their suppliers as well, proving no shortage/backorders on the front end.

Just FYI, if you can't... You'd be a liar, and VaderRubicon will call you out on it.

Preferred Barrel Blanks

Mic drop...

Well apparently they are late with everything, evidenced by the others posters here stating they overshot their delivery date by weeks and months

So the fuck what if I want to share my experience, you got an opinion just like I got an asshole, only difference is I don’t post mine for you

This whole show started with you posting, bud. It could've been titled "PSA: PBB lead times much longer than stated" and contained an OP written by an adult and it would have caught zero flak. You went loud-mouth small town gossip with it and are receiving the appropriate response.

Not the content, the presentation.

Why do people keep crying when there gun shit is late. But then wait it out. By waiting it out you are condoning it!
Either use the guys we all reccomend that have fast turn times or dont cry about it.

Why couldn’t they just be honest from the start...thats a novel concept and departure from their SOP

Last edited:
Increase in orders must mean they shoot well. Maybe I'll order one, I got the time

Reactions: gdonley308
This whole show started with you posting, bud. It could've been titled "PSA: PBB lead times much longer than stated" and contained an OP written by an adult and it would have caught zero flak. You went loud-mouth small town gossip with it and are receiving the appropriate response.

Not the content, the presentation.

I started this thread to get other people’s experiences. After my last call to PBB, I updated the title

Last edited:

Everything I have said is truth and if your butthurt by it, fuck off and start your own thread titled “PBB, Best Dick I’ve Tasted...Today”

You give leniency and lick their boots, I’ll keep it real with the other shooters so they don’t have to learn the hard way like I am

Its you're not your

This is just my opinion, so it's not worth much. But I'll weigh in on this and I am in no way trying to start a pissing match or anything. I can understand OPs frustration, been there myself, but when I see the way the frustration is conveyed I instantly think "this guys probably a difficult customer and nothing vendor does would probably be enough." When it devolves into this type of stuff I no longer think of vendor (PBB) and all my attention goes to the person ranting.

Now, if as mentioned above, if this post was something along the lines of "PBB lead times longer than advertised or promised" and it was a respectful warning to the rest of us, then yea, I'd probably steer clear of PBB until they started meeting said lead times. Tact is telling someone to go to hell and making them think it was their idea.

Reactions: DRichardson
It sucks that their lead time was that far off, but you were cutting it close on time frame. I will say that I've never gotten a barrel, custom order, in the quoted time. Some places are close and others have gone over a month or 2. I dont like it, but I can remember 5+yrs ago that 6mo was record time for a custom barrel order.

Reactions: clark33