• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Premium crossover scope: What would that be like? Please help.

Jayjay1

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2018
Hey guys,
I was actually looking for a premium crossover scope on an AR15, for hunting and some midrange shooting.
It should be lightweight, short, FFP, magnification 3-18ish, reticle for close snap shots as well with hash-marks in the higher zooms, illuminated, rugged, tube 30mm, objective not bigger than 50mm and some.

I had to realize, that this sope doesn´t exist yet.
Well, almost, but then heavy and chunky or SFP or reticle useless for close range, etc., etc..

That lead me, among other things, search contact to some premium scope manufacturers to just write them my struggles (copy+paste, you know).
About one week later most of them didn´t answer except two.
One replied politely the other one has questions.

So, please imagine, you could make wishes for such a crossover scope as written above from an absolute top notch manufacturer.

Which features would this scope have to have - dream it and write it down inhere please!
:love:

Well, from my knowledge it will be a 2-12 finally, so no, not really in my opinion.

With such an, let´s say DMR, I would reach out to 800ish yards, therefore I would prefer a zoom higher than 12.
YMMV.

Hey guys,
I was actually looking for a premium crossover scope on an AR15, for hunting and some midrange shooting.
It should be lightweight, short, FFP, magnification 3-18ish, reticle for close snap shots as well with hash-marks in the higher zooms, illuminated, rugged, tube 30mm, objective not bigger than 50mm and some.

I had to realize, that this sope doesn´t exist yet.
Well, almost, but then heavy and chunky or SFP or reticle useless for close range, etc., etc..

That lead me, among other things, search contact to some premium scope manufacturers to just write them my struggles (copy+paste, you know).
About one week later most of them didn´t answer except two.
One replied politely the other one has questions.

So, please imagine, you could make wishes for such a crossover scope as written above from an absolute top notch manufacturer.

Which features would this scope have to have - dream it and write it down inhere please!
:love:
Kahles k318i 3.5-1&x50 CCW w/ Right-Side Windage & SKMR3 reticle.

Other solid options… Burris XTR-3i 3.3-18x50 SCR2, ZCO 420, NF ATACR F1 4-20x50 MIL-XT, Zeiss LRP S3 4-25x50, Zeiss LRP S5 3-18x50, March 2.5-20x50…

I don´t need recommandations, I need the features of "your" premium crossover scope.
As if you could wish one frome your prefered premium manufacturer.

Reactions: Bakwa
Well, from my knowledge it will be a 2-12 finally, so no, not really in my opinion.

With such an, let´s say DMR, I would reach out to 800ish yards, therefore I would prefer a zoom higher than 12.
YMMV.
I got the impression that the 2-12x they're releasing in Europe was not the same scope they're planning to market in the US. But to be fair, I haven't followed that process very closely, just figured I'd see what they came up with rather than listen to a bunch of internet guys that are all 50 lbs overweight argue about how scope x is great & how they'd totally buy it if it weighed 26 oz instead of 32 oz... Give me a fucking break.

I feel like a +$3k 2-12x scope isn't going to sell that many pieces in the US in 2023, but I've been wrong before, haha!

Reactions: Bakwa and FuhQ
A vortex Razor AMG Gen 2, 5-30x, approx. 30oz, 30mm tube, same zero system/turrets and glass as Gen 3 Razor.
LHT is a great hunting scope, Gen 3 Razor a great target scope, but neither "crossover" that well, IMO. Although the LHT does it better than the heavy Gen 3.

In the meantime, the Burris XTR3 and Pro are great

Reactions: Jayjay1
2-16 or 2.5-15 or 2-12 x42
FFP with usable illuminated mil Xmas tree reticle (dfp if necessary)
Aimpoint bright on 10, NVG usable on 1
30mm tube
Locked zero stop, low profile elevation with visible rotation indicator
Capped windage
Adjustable parallax
12.5” or less in length
22oz or less in weight
Disappearing scope body (razor 1-6 style)
Built in/removable throw lever
“NXS” (or pick your favorite) durability and reliability
Made by a proven manufacturer in a country known for making quality optics (Low, etc)
…and under $2500

FFP with usable illuminated mil Xmas tree reticle (dfp if necessary)
Disappearing scope body (razor 1-6 style)

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this, but what is dfp and what do you mean with a "disappearing scope body"?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this, but what is dfp and what do you mean with a "disappearing scope body"?
March and S&B (and I’m sure other manufacturers) make scopes that have dual focal plane reticles.

Some scopes feel like I’m looking through a black tube, the Razor is edge to edge image.

Reactions: RayDBonz
March and S&B (and I’m sure other manufacturers) make scopes that have dual focal plane reticles.

Some scopes feel like I’m looking through a black tube, the Razor is edge to edge image.
Dual Fiscal Plane when you see the prices.

Reactions: Dobermann