• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Price check on a used S&B

socomike

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2011
Lebanon, Indiana
What does a used S&B Gen 1 Short Dot go for these days. The one im looking at is in like new condition and has all the original equipment from the factory.

Thanks for the help. Im just trying not to overpay for this thing.

Re: Price check on a used S&B

There are a few in the classifieds on this site for around $1800 ish.

I think the short dot's are great optics, but they are behind a lot of other optics in the same class. With the Swaro 1-6 Z6i, Vortex Razor HD II 1-6, Leupold CQBSS, and pending 1-8x from Premier, S&B, and Bushnell, I'd say the technology has passed the Short Dot.

At $1800 you're paying more than you would for a new Vortex Razor HD II 1-6 and just a few hundred from buying the Swaro new.

Re: Price check on a used S&B

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 33shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are a few in the classifieds on this site for around $1800 ish.

I think the short dot's are great optics, but they are behind a lot of other optics in the same class. With the Swaro 1-6 Z6i, Vortex Razor HD II 1-6, Leupold CQBSS, and pending 1-8x from Premier, S&B, and Bushnell, I'd say the technology has passed the Short Dot.

At $1800 you're paying more than you would for a new Vortex Razor HD II 1-6 and just a few hundred from buying the Swaro new. </div></div>

Second that. I have the Vortex 1-6 and it takes a back seat to no other.