• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Prime Ammo Group Buy #2
    prime-6gt-rdf.jpg

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ CAREFULLY - Group Purchase Details:

• Minimum order is one case of 200 rounds with a maximum order limit of 2,000 rounds
    • For this group purchase, a minimum 50,000 rounds must be purchased by the group in 7 days by Midnight PST, Friday, May 30, 2020
    • You can make multiple orders during the 7-day purchase window and we'll combine them when they ship
    • If the minimum round count is not met in the allotted time frame all payment cards will receive a 100% credit
    • If the minimum round count is met customer fulfillment occurs within 4 months starting from Monday, June 1, 2020
    • A round counter is supplied for each order on the product’s description page so you can track the progress of the group purchase
    • Mixed orders containing both Group Purchase products and in-stock retail items will be held until they can all ship together
    • If the customer wants the in-stock items of a mixed order shipped ASAP shipping must be paid for that order - just email [email protected] after the sale and inform us, we'll call you, charge shipping and we'll fulfill that portion of your order which is in stock

prime-65cm-box-34-front_1_16.jpg

The Prices

Prime Made in USA 308 featuring a 175gr OTM - $244.40

Prime Made in USA 6mm Creedmoor featuring a 115gr RDF - $297.00

Prime Made In USA 6.5 Creedmoor featuring a 130gr OTM - $261.00

Prime Made in USA 6mm GT featuring a 115gr RDF - $349.00

The Breakdown

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 2.25.16 PM.png

The Fine Print

Shipping is not included in the prices, however as Prime has noted they have qualified for lower-cost shipping rates so these will be passed to the buyer.

Both 6GT and 6CM will be turned off rather quickly as we expect these to sell out fast.

Understand due to COVID, prices, shipping, components, etc, have all changed. The Virus hit right as the last group buy was finishing up and that results in an on-time shipment of the good, but the reality is, they could have shipped sooner had COVID not caused a problem. With COVID still active, prices and resources have been adjusted accordingly. These values are based on COVID being in place, not in anticipation of things being lifted.

Understand these buys are completely voluntary, no one is forcing your hands. So please, if you don't have anyting good to say, just move on and not cause issues for the rest of us. Have some common sense, this is mass-produced factory ammo that is designed to perform at the highest levels possible. A lot of hands go into testing these loads. That said, not every rifle, chamber, barrel, and shooter are the same. Results are based on the conditions at hand.

Prime 6CM

Prime 6GT Testing
    IMG_6683.JPG

your results may vary.

More to come as I have a 6GT video rendering.

Last edited:
    is this a new prime group buy or just an old post making another go around ?

Ordered my 2000 rnds 6cm.
    Confused as to shipping charges, on the website under Group Purchase says “
    • “This Group Purchase features free FedEx Ground shipping to the customer’s address in the lower 48 states where legal to ship ammunition”
    • I was charged shipping
    • Round Counter not working

• “This Group Purchase features free FedEx Ground shipping to the customer’s address in the lower 48 states where legal to ship ammunition”
    • I was charged shipping

“The Fine Print

Shipping is not included in the prices, however as Prime has noted they have qualified for lower-cost shipping rates so these will be passed to the buyer.”

Edit: Still some cheap shipping

THANKS @lowlight ! Order placed.

Last edited:
    • I was charged shipping

I got them to fix the fine print. Shipping is now free. Unsure if they’ll refund the shipping cost to us though. I’m too lazy to ask right now.

Reactions: jimmymcnulty
    Shipping is not free that was a fuck up

Yea they reached out to me and said it was an error on their part and that they changed the ad to display a shipping charge. The shipping is pretty cheap from what I was quoted.

Here was Frank's original post from yesterday and it was correct - shipping is not included in these Group Purchases:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Fine Print

Shipping is not included in the prices, however as Prime has noted they have qualified for lower-cost shipping rates so these will be passed to the buyer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frank is 100% correct in his second post from a few minutes ago that I F'up - this was a mistake on my part. Please accept my apologies for the confusion. Due to our shipping volumes from our first Group Purchase (thanks to you guys!), PRIME has recently earned lower shipping rates with FedEx Ground and is passing these lower rates along in a transparent manner by showing you what they are.

The confusion with the "Free Shipping" arose because that feature of our Group Purchase system on PRIME's website was mistakenly left on from the last Group Purchase and the verbiage from our last Group Purchase was not removed - checking to make sure both were completed is ultimately my responsibility and due to an internal communication issue it didn't get turned off properly. This is my fault and I'm sorry this happened. If you have any questions please feel free to call me on 415.515.9967. Best, Jim O

Here was Frank's original post from yesterday and it was correct - shipping is not included in these Group Purchases:

The Fine Print

Frank is 100% correct in his second post from a few minutes ago that I F'up - this was a mistake on my part. Please accept my apologies for the confusion. Due to our shipping volumes from our first Group Purchase (thanks to you guys!), PRIME has recently earned lower shipping rates with FedEx Ground and is passing these lower rates along in a transparent manner by showing you what they are.

The confusion with the "Free Shipping" arose because that feature of our Group Purchase system on PRIME's website was mistakenly left on from the last Group Purchase and the verbiage from our last Group Purchase was not removed - checking to make sure both were completed is ultimately my responsibility and due to an internal communication issue it didn't get turned off properly. This is my fault and I'm sorry this happened. If you have any questions please feel free to call me on 415.515.9967. Best, Jim O

Jim, is payment being handled just as before with the previous group buy? If I recall, it was a little cheaper to just send you guys a check, and then if the minimum round count wasn’t reached you just destroyed or returned the checks. Or just credit card at this point? Thanks. Looking forward to trying some of your 6 GT recipe and replenishing my 6.5 CM stock.

Jim, is payment being handled just as before with the previous group buy? If I recall, it was a little cheaper to just send you guys a check, and then if the minimum round count wasn’t reached you just destroyed or returned the checks. Or just credit card at this point? Thanks. Looking forward to trying some of your 6 GT recipe and replenishing my 6.5 CM stock.
    We are not doing checks this time...we will again soon. However, your memory is good...we did a 2.75% discount if paid by check last time. For all Group Purchases after this one we'll do an additional discount for payment by check. PRIME banks with a company that is far away from our HQ - in Kansas City. In order for us to do remote deposit for checks (we mailed all the other ones in last time) they have to send us a scanner and we have to install some software. Not a huge undertaking but we really need to have that done before we do that again. Hope this makes sense.

Reactions: SuperChop
    Man I wish I woulda went 6gt in my GAP PPR! I went 6cm due to no factory ammo. I hate reloading... Would jump on the 6cm deal but looks like the the minimum is way short?...

pretty sure they will work something out of short. Just ask Jim through the web site.

Did we make it to 50k rounds yet?

308 shooters buy some ammo!

Not my primary round, but it would be nice to get 200. Still 12K short of the minimum.

Just tried to order 6.5CM, but keeps saying my shopping cart is empty. ???? I understand the initial end date was May 30, 2020. But the website reads, "

GROUP PURCHASE | PRIME 6.5MM CREEDMOOR OTM 130GR MATCH+ | MADE IN USA [CASE 200]
    Number of rounds sold to date: Goal Met / Group Purchase Active
    Ends on 6/08/2020"

Maybe a glitch in site? I'll try later this evening or call after work tonight.

Just tried to order 6.5CM, but keeps saying my shopping cart is empty. ???? I understand the initial end date was May 30, 2020. But the website reads, "

GROUP PURCHASE | PRIME 6.5MM CREEDMOOR OTM 130GR MATCH+ | MADE IN USA [CASE 200]
    Number of rounds sold to date: Goal Met / Group Purchase Active
    Ends on 6/08/2020"

Maybe a glitch in site? I'll try later this evening or call after work tonight.

I have had good luck with there pop up contact window getting a response from Jim in about a day too.

The credit card I used for the group buy is one I never use. I haven’t used it in almost a year. Now a couple weeks later my info was stolen. Not sure if it’s related but just a heads up.

The credit card I used for the group buy is one I never use. I haven’t used it in almost a year. Now a couple weeks later my info was stolen. Not sure if it’s related but just a heads up.

Thanks for the heads up

thanks Frank.

Last edited:
    6 creedmoor ammo showed up today. Hope to get out soon to test it out.

Same thing happened to me...

The card I used also went down on fraud a week after this purchase posted.

Out of curiosity what did they use your cards for? Mine was used to purchase a $270 baseball glove from dicks and was shipped to a local hotel

Out of curiosity what did they use your cards for? Mine was used to purchase a $270 baseball glove from dicks and was shipped to a local hotel

Online furniture store. Not sure what they bought, but was >$2k.

Did they get the credit card scam thing figured out., I’d like to place a order on 6GT

Mine was used for some supplement store online. I caught it when it was a temporary authorization, so cancelled it immediately.

My order was 5/25.
    On 6/20 I was notified of a purchase I did not make.
    I get notification of any $10 or greater purchase.
    Called AMEXO and had card invalidated and new card issued.
    Coincidence, I think not.
    Credit Fraud is rampant.
    The day before I noticed the fraud, I used the card on what I have determined to be a website, selling non-existent merchandise to obtain your credit card info.
    From previous AMEXO fraud,(happens about once a year for me), I determined not to use give my card info verbally to anyone nor give my card physically for anyone to swipe. Only use is by chip, Apple Pay or website with the Lock symbol which means the transaction is encrypted.
    I think all the above is coincidence.
    -Richard

My order was 5/25.
    On 6/20 I was notified of a purchase I did not make.
    I get notification of any $10 or greater purchase.
    Called AMEXO and had card invalidated and new card issued.
    Coincidence, I think not.
    Credit Fraud is rampant.
    The day before I noticed the fraud, I used the card on what I have determined to be a website, selling non-existent merchandise to obtain your credit card info.
    From previous AMEXO fraud,(happens about once a year for me), I determined not to use give my card info verbally to anyone nor give my card physically for anyone to swipe. Only use is by chip, Apple Pay or website with the Lock symbol which means the transaction is encrypted.
    I think all the above is coincidence.
    -Richard
    @lowlight

Did anyone call Jim @PRIME? While Frank helps with these group buys I'm not sure he's running the billing side of Prime or any vendor that does business here.
    I emailed them through the website but did not get a response