• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group buy has been closed for about a month. Got a notice my .308 order will be arriving today. Much faster turnaround than advertised. Now just looking to see what brass was used. Their website states Focchi is used in current loads. Hoping it is Petersen.

CC theft aside, has anyone received their order yet? I know it states it can take up to 4 months starting June 1st (so technically through the end of September), but curious if orders started shipping.

Received my .308 from the group buy today. Brass is marked F C Seems to be Federal Cartridge brass. Pics Attached. Should I be disappointed as not Peterson or Alpha? Should I have just bought some FGGM instead? Range will be the real answer.
Prime Ammo 1.jpgPrime Ammo 2.jpgPrime Ammo 3.jpg

Received my .308 from the group buy today. Brass is marked F C Seems to be Federal Cartridge brass. Pics Attached. Should I be disappointed as not Peterson or Alpha? Should I have just bought some FGGM instead? Range will be the real answer.

Let the range be your answer. The 308 ammo was never advertised with Peterson brass. When Prime came back online with their 6.5 creedmoor ammo that cartridge was advertised using Peterson brass. As other cartridges have come online they, Prime, have spec’d out additional components.

Primes website clearly states Focchi is used in current loads. So after noticing FC headstands on my brass I sent a message to prime, and this is the response I received.

.8D37F4D1-F9B8-4339-BE37-7A8C8A600F9D.png

As far as should you be disappointed or not that’s up to you, and what the ranges says. I know how the SMK’s shoot in my rifle (tiny holes) will report back

For someone like me who is a first time customer, and who has never shot prime ammo. I will say they are a customer service based company for sure. A quick thank you for ordering and a quick response to question I had about the brass. Now I just hope my gun likes it as much as it does the FGMM’s.

Last edited:
About $3k of fraudulent charges posted on my credit card. Only think out of the "norm" that I've done in the past 6 months or so is purchased from Prime. Not saying it for sure was a breach at prime, but a pretty big coincidence for my info to be stolen for the first time in my life to coincide with these other guys.

The ammo shoots good, so I guess there's that.

Reactions: bassmaster07
Still waiting on 6.5cm. I did email them a while back and they said they were on track for four months. I haven't bothered them since. Still keeping an eye on my CC statements with all these random people getting fraudulent charges. So far last months bill has been correct.

Shot the first box of 2K 6CM.
All went bang.
Typical group out of new AI AX at 100 yds.
-Richard

Attachments

• 07E80A12-C0D8-4A1E-BED8-60819A46E94E.jpeg
    07E80A12-C0D8-4A1E-BED8-60819A46E94E.jpeg
    452.5 KB · Views: 81
  • D73D0BB4-D5FE-4BB6-BAC9-F9FB9B0C3DEE.jpeg
    D73D0BB4-D5FE-4BB6-BAC9-F9FB9B0C3DEE.jpeg
    279.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 01259EF3-EFCC-49CC-AB3F-1B968B1ED225.jpeg
    01259EF3-EFCC-49CC-AB3F-1B968B1ED225.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 84
Not sure when it changed, but I did note today that the regular page for 6.5CM no long shows "out of stock", and indicates will ship in "2-3 weeks".

Reactions: Bakwa
Not sure when it changed, but I did note today that the regular page for 6.5CM no long shows "out of stock", and indicates will ship in "2-3 weeks".

Different deal than the group buy ammo. If you cant wait just order some.

Thanks for the heads up

thanks Frank.
Not sure if it’s related but my card was just used for AirBNB in CA for $1265. I also don’t use my card often, so if it is connected, they are still using these cards.

The credit card I used to order a case of the 308 TAP they email blasted about was compromised ~2 weeks later.

In for x6 cases of 6.5, round counter not working?

This group buy ended in May
Looks like a new one then? Says open through August 21, 2020?

Reactions: Wingge
Looks like a new one then? Says open through August 21, 2020?

You're right, looks like the thread was updated to have a round 2 group buy. My bad!

Reactions: StrayDog
Round counter is active!
Shows 12600 ordered with 50000 needed by 8/21.
Spread the word!!
------
Edit: 22,200 as of 8/14, come on people!!

Last edited:
I just placed an order today, now it looks like I need to keep a close eye on my credit card...great.

... still waiting on my 6.5 from the last GB. If they had arrived and shot well I would be in again.
I saw the 4 month wait, October? Hope yours lands soon. I can wait until X-mas, I don't even have a 6.5 rifle yet! 😆

I'm still waiting too. Haven't gotten a second email with any updates either.

Bought a few cases of FGMM 130s and they are working well. I don't reload so I get what I can. I'm sure they will be great when they get here.

New .338 LM group sale is looking for 15K rounds :oops:

I had good luck reaching Jim on the chat box on Primes website, during business hours.
I totally expect my 6.5 X-mas group buy on 12/23!! 😆

Reactions: TheHorta
Good morning, gents. I just got an email that my GB #2 order of 6.5 CM shipped today. Keep an eye out; I'm sure the rest of you will start to see them trickle in.

Reactions: ChadL
My 400 rounds just showed up, and I’m a little displeased in the packaging, in the past I was always impressed with prime’s packaging. FedEx is notorious for destroying packages, guess we will see if accuracy has been diminished by being smashed/dropped

Attachments

• 64810406-B172-405A-A226-A36896359E20.jpeg
    64810406-B172-405A-A226-A36896359E20.jpeg
    442.1 KB · Views: 92