• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys Prime Ammo Group Buy *Closed* see new one

Prime delivered on a novel direct to customer model, thanks
@jim@prime

Attachments

• 20200430_175221.jpg
    20200430_175221.jpg
    702.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
The new recipe or from these lots?

I had a case from last year outside of the group buy that I Chrono and it was the same as the Ruag recipe.

Dang, I wish we could purchase other calibers in this. I am down to about 700, 223 match and need to get more bad.

wondering what brand of cases they use in the 6.5 Creedmoor?

are people pleased with the accuracy/consistency?

thank you

thanks, do you happen to reload them? wondering how they compare to Hornady or Lapua etc.

I load and reload Peterson brass. Personally, I think it’s the best. I’ve never had an issue.

thanks, do you happen to reload them? wondering how they compare to Hornady or Lapua etc.

Just before the shut down orders here in PA I went on a factory tour of the Peterson Brass facility with the lead ballistician and based on what I saw single digit SD's were the norm for their in house testing. That's been my experience on the range as well.

Reactions: Mike4837
I have not had good luck with SD's with the Peterson stuff, it's been about the same as the old Prime. Haven't shoot the new group buy stuff yet but the Peterson Prime has given me 19.9 (11/29), 20.2 (2/17), 19.3 (3/17), 20.5, 22.2, 25.1 (3/18). That's all out of an AI AT with factory barrel.

I have not had good luck with SD's with the Peterson stuff, it's been about the same as the old Prime. Haven't shoot the new group buy stuff yet but the Peterson Prime has given me 19.9 (11/29), 20.2 (2/17), 19.3 (3/17), 20.5, 22.2, 25.1 (3/18). That's all out of an AI AT with factory barrel.

i found that you can’t shoot any other ammo besides prime after cleaning for it to shoot well, for some reason its sensitive to other ammo fouling.

i found that you can’t shoot any other ammo besides prime after cleaning for it to shoot well, for some reason its sensitive to other ammo fouling.

I was hoping you might be right so I tried it. Stripped my barrel clean last night after this weekend. On Saturday I was getting AV - 2800 fps SD 19.5 during practice. Today I got this (1st pic) for the first 20rds post cleaning. Then I thought it might not be fair and got this for the next 6rds. Groups were nothing special, averaged .7's. So I didn't find that to be the case, unfortunately.

20200512_144120_resized.jpg

20200512_150137_resized.jpg

I was hoping you might be right so I tried it. Stripped my barrel clean last night after this weekend. On Saturday I was getting AV - 2800 fps SD 19.5 during practice. Today I got this (1st pic) for the first 20rds post cleaning. Then I thought it might not be fair and got this for the next 6rds. Groups were nothing special, averaged .7's. So I didn't find that to be the case, unfortunately.

View attachment 7324659
View attachment 7324660

You should post your results in the range report section and see what happens

FYI group buy on Prime 6.5 130s is live on their web site runs from now till end of month with needing 50k ordered. With shipping cost is about $1.38/round.

Update looks like they have group buy on:
6.5 creed 130gr
6 creed 115gr
308 175 gr
And
6GT 115gr

Also looks to be all American Made with the Peterson brass

Reactions: Sniperwannabee

View attachment 7324659
View attachment 7324660

You don't even know what you are looking at ...

These are average numbers for factory ammo in most barrels today

There is nothing wrong with these values, at all

I recently tested the new Bartlein Carbon fiber barrel and Hornady ammo was running well over these numbers,

Testing the 6GT for Prime, the Copper Creek with an 110 A Tip was running 23fps

Stop with the drama and get a clue

• Love
Reactions: 1911hombre