• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prime Ammo Group Purchase Option is Live

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    As discussed in the previous Prime Ammo Thread, Jim is looking to offer ammunition at even bigger discounts to the end-user with this group buy options that pools the members of Sniper's Hide (and beyond) in order to lower cost and save us money on ammunition.

There are several options with this, and it's not a requirement, just an option to get some really great ammunition at even bigger discounts to include Free Shipping which will save a ton of money on bulk orders.

MADE IN Sweden - Compare at $1.32/round plus shipping - PRIME is $1.06/round with FREE SHIPPING
    Group purchase details:

• Minimum order is one case of 200 rounds with a maximum order limit of 50,000 rounds
    • Payment in full by check provides the lowest possible price with a 3% discount
    • Pay by check and save $6.55 per case - price is $1.06/round delivered with FREE SHIPPING
    • 3% discount is applied automatically during check out by selecting check/money order as the payment method
    • The check must be mailed within 2 business days of ordering
    • PRIME's mailing address to send the check is supplied during checkout and also emailed in the order confirmation
    • Checks will be held until the minimum round count is obtained and then checks will be deposited
    • Paying by check provides a final price of $211.81 with free shipping to the lower 48 states
    • Paying by credit card provides a final price of $218.36 with free shipping to the lower 48 states
    • For this group purchase, 500,000 rounds must be purchased in 18 days by Midnight PST, Monday, December 16, 2019
    • You cannot split a single order and use multiple payment methods
    • You can make multiple orders during the 18-day purchase window with different payment methods and we'll combine them when they ship
    • If the minimum round count is not met in the allotted time all checks will be destroyed and payment cards 100% credited
    • If the minimum round count is met customer fulfillment occurs within 4 months starting from Tuesday, December 17, 2019
    • Both payment methods feature free FedEx Ground shipping to the customer’s address in the lower 48 states
    • A round counter is supplied for each order on the product’s description page
    MADE IN USA - Compare at $1.32/round plus shipping - PRIME is $1.14/round with FREE SHIPPING
    Group purchase details:

• Minimum order is one case of 200 rounds with no maximum order limit
    • Payment in full by check provides the lowest possible price with a 3% discount
    • 3% discount is applied automatically during check out by selecting check/money order as the payment method
    • Pay by check and save $7.05 per case - price is $1.14/round delivered with FREE SHIPPING
    • The check must be mailed within 2 business days of ordering
    • PRIME's mailing address to send the check is supplied during checkout and also emailed in the order confirmation
    • Checks will be held until the minimum round count is obtained and then checks will be deposited
    • Paying by check provides a final price of $227.79 with free shipping to the lower 48 states
    • Paying by credit card provides a final price of $234.84 with free shipping to the lower 48 states
    • For this group purchase, 500,000 rounds must be purchased in 18 days by Midnight PST, Monday, December 16, 2019
    • You cannot split a single order and use multiple payment methods
    • You can make multiple orders during the 18-day purchase window with different payment methods and we'll combine them when they ship
    • If the minimum round count is not met in the allotted time all checks will be destroyed and payment cards 100% credited
    • If the minimum round count is met customer fulfillment occurs within 4 months starting from Tuesday, December 17, 2019
    • Both payment methods feature free FedEx Ground shipping to the customer’s address in the lower 48 states
    • A round counter is supplied for each order on the product’s description page

I understand there is a lot to unpack, the goal is to deliver Prime Ammunition in the most cost-effective way possible to the end-user.

Follow the group buy link on the Home Page or head there directly

Compare these prices to other quality brands on the market. I have looked and I invite others to look as well. Now one caveat you cannot compare this ammo to the likes of S&B or Privi Partisan stuff, you have to compare the same quality brands most of us use already. There are bargain and bulk brands out there but none of those will match the quality of this ammunition.

Damn.. I wish the 107gr 6cm was in on this. I've got a brand new barrel to break in and rock for 2020.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    The "old" Prime ammo was made by Ruag in Sweden (I still have 6 boxes of it left) and cost $1.32 per round plus shipping. $1.06 per round, shipped, with Peterson brass and made in USA, is a screaming deal.
    I made this statement in error. Check @lowlight's correction/clarification below.

Last edited:
    Guys

There are two different loads, and others will be coming later. This was the first brokered lots that can be ordered.

The USA load includes the Peterson brass, and is the new recipe.

The Swedish load is the old recipe with Norma brass at $1.06 per round.

They are different. As other calibers are added and pricing negotiated, you’ll see other opportunities.

The "old" Prime ammo was made by Ruag in Sweden (I still have 6 boxes of it left) and cost $1.32 per round plus shipping. $1.06 per round, shipped, with Peterson brass and made in USA, is a screaming deal.

The round with Peterson brass and made in US is 1.14/Rnd which is still a great deal

Reactions: kai24
    For those unsure about the program, here is our podcast on the subject

For those unsure about the program, here is our podcast on the subject

I am having my FFL send their info so I can get it shipped to CA. Looking forward to it.

And while your ordering engage the chat bot it's actually Jim on nights and weekends, just chatting with him through my order.

The US made ammo has been giving better SDs and a wee bit better speed. I like the new bullet better too.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
    I'd order 2k rounds but damn that 500k round threshold is tough in the time frame given.

Don't need any right now but I threw my hat into the ring for a box just to contribute to the cause. Lets get this goal met guys!

“They” say to buy enough reloading supplies to cover the life of your barrel, and most if us on this site have done that. Take a poll of any member and you’ll find that each person has 20+ lbs of powder and several thousand projectiles, primers, etc.
    I do wonder if the packaging needs to be 10 boxes of 20 round boxes anymore, or if there are additional savings that would be had on the packaging front if, say, 50 round boxes were available.
    I would have ordered 5 cases and get in on this, but I guess I’m on the short list of people who don’t have a 6.5 Creedmoor.

6MM Creedmoor, American made, sign me up.

I would not worry about hitting quantities,

If you are trying to game and determine how close to 500K you need to be, that is wrong

Just order what you need the numbers take care of themselves, this is not just from here remember

the last order of just a single type of 6.5CM and was around 300,000 give or take, the net out wide you all just saw it first

Stop thinking volume and just be part of it if you want

I just spoke to Jim,

The numbers are all good, we are moving along nicely and everyone is excited by the concept and what we are seeing.

Also, Jim noted, if the buy is close and not quite there, Prime will push it to the limit. This is not 100% on you all.

So don't get wrapped up in the numbers beyond the savings passed on to you the end-user. The amounts and working with the manufacturers is on Prime to sort out.

So like I noted above, don't try and game the buy and figure out what is happening, do your thing and tell a friend, everying is working out as expected.

I just spoke to Jim,

The numbers are all good, we are moving along nicely and everyone is excited by the concept and what we are seeing.

Also, Jim noted, if the buy is close and not quite there, Prime will push it to the limit. This is not 100% on you all.

So don't get wrapped up in the numbers beyond the savings passed on to you the end-user. The amounts and working with the manufacturers is on Prime to sort out.

So like I noted above, don't try and game the buy and figure out what is happening, do your thing and tell a friend, everying is working out as expected.
    Ok. Thank you. Just wanted to make sure my effort bore fruit. Its not like I can just have it shipped direct to me in CA. Stupid CA laws. :(

Torn on what to do here. I have 160 rounds of Prime classic RUAG + 200 rounds of Prime US manuf. I was thinking Prime classic wouldn't be an option any more and I'd move to current Prime production, but it now looks like classic is available (and slightly less CPR). Not sure if I should go with classic or new for a 6-800 round purchase quantity.

Last edited:
    I hear great things about them. Have never tried them out. Wish someone close by had a box I could buy 5 out if and see how they group out of my gun, but I'll throw down on some usa made with fingers crossed. If nothing else, I'll have more good brass for reloading.

First and foremost - THANK YOU all VERY much for stepping up - yet again. Sniper's Hide played a huge role in getting PRIME launched...all by accident by me bumping into Frank at Shannon's place during the GAP Grind a few years back...I'll not soon forget that fateful meeting and I'll never forget how helpful all of you have been in PRIME's successes. Also, many Hide members played a pivotal roll in pushing PRIME over the goal line during our "troubles" I hope you all know how very grateful I am - I WILL NEVER FORGET WHAT YOU ALL HAVE DONE FOR PRIME and know that it is VERY motivating for me to find every single possible way to save you guys money, bring you great products and provide you with excellent customer service. I absolutely love what I do...just ask anyone who has been on the phone with me...I can't hide it...I've found my calling and I get to deal with "The Deplorable's" "Clinging to their guns and religion" who are supposed to be evil and are the exact opposite.

Now, you guys are doing it all over again...this group purchase idea is taking off, and although I can't say its a smashing success just yet (its only been 4 days!), I can tell you that Frank's post in this thread from yesterday at 5:17PM (#29) is correct...the numbers are looking good. Just think of it this way:

1. PRIME has never done this before so for a "first time" introducing a system that other non-firearm companies use all the time, but we don't have access to because we are "gun people" and only being up for a few days, it's going VERY well so far and it is picking up steam nicely. We have almost 2 weeks left so at this point I'd be surprised if we don't make it and we have options if we get close - See #4 below.
    2. You guys might not realize this but PRIME has not done any promotion of this yet...check out our IG and FB...we have not announced via those platforms yet...I have my reasons for doing that but I can almost guarantee you that we'll see very large jumps as soon as we do and we'll be promoting soon on those platforms for this inaugural offer. If you really want to know why I haven't pushed on our social media yet - email me ([email protected]) your number and I'll call you...I'm not going to discuss it on any public forum.
    3. We have not mailed our opt-in email list yet...this very likely will be an even larger bump than IG and FB when we do it for this offer and we will be doing so.
    4. If we get close - PRIME will make sure this happens....I'm not gonna S-can it if we only get to 499,999 :)
    5. I haven't decided yet what the number is where PRIME kicks in if we don't go over the mark organically...I wanna see what this does on its own without overly influencing the outcome...I hope you all can understand/respect that...put yourselves in my shoes. I want to know the dynamics of this - again, I have my reasons.
    5. We are going to start adding other offers very soon...I really like the way this is going and I can see PRIME and other companies starting to do this type of system A LOT as it makes a ton of sense for all the participants in the stream of commerce.

Again, thank you all very, very much... let's see if we can crush this and save many people tons of money, remove a lot of uncertainty for our manufacturing partners, get volumes up that make economies of scale based savings possible and maybe, just maybe make this a system that can work over the long run going forward for lots of different products in the firearm industry. It's been done in many other industries...I think it's time it happens for us.

Thank you,

Jim O
    [email protected]

Wow this is awesome! I dropped about 4k in reloading equipment a while back when I couldn't get Prime 6.5CM knowing factory ammo doesn't get better than that.
    Great to see Prime back and strong.

Reactions: jim@prime
    Couple questions, are the regular production rounds going to be the same spec as the US made rounds and what is the shipping lead time if the order goes through.

You can buy the production stuff now and ships out immediately but you’ll pay more

These lots won’t change it’s all the same stuff

Reason asking about spec and delivery time is I'm running low and was debating on buying some from the site to hold me over till the group purchase arrives.

If this works out, I’d be curious to see how 6dasher and 6gt would do now that brass is becoming available for them.

Reactions: jim@prime
    Absolutely love Prime. The American made Ammo is a one hole in my APO.

So far I’ve ordered 2 cases....thinking about ordering more!!!

Nothing better than supporting the people who support us!!!

Reactions: Mike4837