• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Problem extracting certain factory match ammo

shaneinhisroom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2011
Ohio
I have a Remington 700 Varmint that has trouble extracting certain brass, namely the Lake City 308 brass used by USA Ammo's 175gr Match rounds. Sometimes it would get stuck so good that I'd have to close and open the bolt 5-10 times before finally coming out. Inspecting the round later shows no unusual damage.

I've run Federal gold match, USA 168gr match ammo, lots of German mil surplus as well as other production ammo without this problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem with certain brass?

Re: Problem extracting certain factory match ammo

I'm thinking maybe the extractor groove is a bit different on the ones that fail. See if you can find a difference between the ones that catch,and the ones that don't.

Re: Problem extracting certain factory match ammo

Jeff, I've studied all the brass that catch vs ones that did not. I couldn't find any respectable differences, and I know that Lake City brass isn't bad brass. Maybe it's the production of the 175gr's from USA Ammo?