• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Problem with Stiller Tac 300 action

Re: Problem with Stiller Tac 300 action

Try WOLF magnum primers

Re: Problem with Stiller Tac 300 action

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All the pins fit with .001 to .002 diameter difference on the pins/pinholes
. The older ones were .075 diameter, same as remington. About a year or 2 back we went to a .067 pin. Solved a few blanking issues that some guys were having on the BR cases and way too much pressure. Protrusion is normally about .060, but .055 to .065 will work fine and not have an effect on this. If the pin fit is correct and the spring force is 23 lbs or more, it is well within spec. I am not sure why they crater, but if it doesnt blank, I wouldnt worry alot about it. If handloading, harder primers may help. Honestly, excessive headspace is usually the culprit of this kind of thing. I will do anything needed to help here, but I really dont know what to do if everything is in spec.

I will be happy to look it over if sent to me also. </div></div>

Jerry,
Awsome to have you participating!
There is absoulutely no way there is a headspaceproblem. It has a very close fit on belt, and cases are only neck-sized. Bolt is a touch sticky on closing. Frebore is about 1,5 mm - ca. 0.065". 180 grs Sierra MatchKing loaded with 70 grs of Norma MRP, magnum primers.
The paper-work with shipping actions back and forth is a bit scary and absoulutely not on the wants-list.
The guys at KH-Presicion who imports them are talking about installing another barrel just to see how that will do, the sloppy primer pockets are my biggest concern.