• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Proper Buffer Spring for 300 Blackout Pistol

zenbiker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2009
Charlottesville, Virginia
Guys, is there a particular buffer spring that should be used with a 10.5" 300 AAC pistol upper? I have a Spikes lower with a .223 upper, and I got a chance at a the 300 barrel at a good price, so i figured Id give it a try. Any other recommendations would be appreciated as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was just looking into this a couple minutes ago. From what I read across various forums, any 223 buffer that you are using will work for the 300 AAC as well.

nope. pistol length gp with standard gasblock is what i used with my 8" barrel and it cycled 178 amax subsonic perfectly.

Running the AAC 9" upper on my SBR, full weight bolt carrier, and a JP SCS buffer/spring setup.

Not trying to be a smartass, but the answer to your question is, "the one that cycles the action reliably." Having owned and operated more than a few 300WTF over the years, there is no one recipe that always worked. It is barrel length-dependent, gas block-dependent, propellant-dependent...
Start withe cheapest part to address and move up from there. Because a certain configurlation worked for someone else does not mean it will work for you.