• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PSA: All Creedmoors should be .25 Creedmoors

Yoteski

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
I know there's plenty of discussion about the 25 cal stuff, but I just wanted to share my brief experience thus far. I put a 25 Creed barrel on my TL3, Proof CF. I like playing with calibers, and I wanted to see if the juice was worth the squeeze. All I could find were the Berger 135 Hybrids as Blackjack seems to be in disarray. First off, load development was very easy. I found several accurate loads after work up, but settled on 40.9 grains of H4350 in a Lapua case. It shoots around a 4 SD, and consistent sub 1/2 MOA groups right at 2,800 fps. I haven't done any seating depth testing, and really don't plan to as well as this shoots. In any case, I try not to dwell on 100 yard groups any more than necessary.
I was able to take it out to 800 yards and true it up. Number one, I had about an 8-11 mph crosswind going. I held .2 off the left side of the plate and hit. My three shot group had virtually zero vertical. Shot it at 300 and 400 on prairie dog target and right edge hold nailed center. This thing is truly a laser. I know there's a lot of questioning the validity of the bullet and if it will gain popularity; my opinion is it's the perfect bullet for the Creedmoor case. I've loaded and shot a ton of calibers in competition, and in the early stages, it's really working it's way towards my favorite.
The best way I can describe it would be similar to my 6.5 PRC (which I don't have anymore) without the recoil. I seems like you're shooting a magnum cartridge. I'll be running this in several matches throughout the summer, and I'm very excited to see the results. Frank had a post last week about lighter and faster being more effective; well, I feel this cartridge/bullet combo embodies those thoughts. I hope that Hornady, Sierra, Nosler, etc. sees the potential for this bullet and jumps on the bandwagon. My purpose for this round will be true field style matches. I plan to run it in a couple CD matches, and maybe a Hunter match, along with whatever one day matches I happen to shoot. We'll see what the barrel life looks like, but I don't shoot "PRS" matches anymore, so I'm not overly concerned. I don't think I'm overly optimistic thinking I'll get around 2k out of it.
Anyhow, MAKE MORE BULLETS OTHER COMPANIES! See you out there!

20220402_170221.jpg

800 yard group.

20220402_170616.jpg

600 yard 3 shot group truing velocity. Had to add a tenth, then she trued up perfect.

Reactions: camocorvette
I’ve considered building one. I have a 6 creed and love it dearly. I have a 22 creedmoor as well and I’m very impressed with it. It’s a laser beam and is easy to load for.

Reactions: Yoteski
All creedmoors should be 6.5x47 and all 6.5x47s should be 25x47.

I actually bought a reamer for 25x47. If there was a "for sure" supply of bullets, I'd have built one. I have 1500 Bergers, so this is kind of my Ferrari. I'm planning on putting together another 6.5x47 with a Proof bull CF for my Toyota Camry.

Reactions: rydah
I’ve considered building one. I have a 6 creed and love it dearly. I have a 22 creedmoor as well and I’m very impressed with it. It’s a laser beam and is easy to load for.

I had a Kreiger barreled 6 Creed that I ran hot and hard for 800 rounds before it became very unpredictable. Ended up setting it back and pulled another 1,400 out of it as a Dasher before it finally died. I'm hoping the 25 Creed exhibits more consistency throughout it's life than my 6 Creed did. I was running the 6 Creed fairly early on and burning 110 smks at 3,150. It sure was a hammer...for a little while, lol.

I had a Kreiger barreled 6 Creed that I ran hot and hard for 800 rounds before it became very unpredictable. Ended up setting it back and pulled another 1,400 out of it as a Dasher before it finally died. I'm hoping the 25 Creed exhibits more consistency throughout it's life than my 6 Creed did. I was running the 6 Creed fairly early on and burning 110 smks at 3,150. It sure was a hammer...for a little while, lol.

I bet haha. I run 112 match burners at 2950 out of a 26” tube. I’ll replace it with the same thing when the time comes. I may have a 25 creed barrel built for that action and just swap them when ever.

Just read, one of the originals from Black Jack quit today.

Just read, one of the originals from Black Jack quit today.
Read that too. That sucks and I hope they can right the ship or find someone that will. They have a lot of backorders to fill and it's not looking good for a bunch of guys and their money.

Reactions: Terry of illinois
After the way Sierra treated them and Tubb, I won't buy another sierra bullet. That's shit business. Honor your word/contracts seems to be low on the sierra priority list.

I run my 25cm with 135s @ 2890 w/ rl16 in peterson brass, cci450s. Shoots pretty good, consistent half moa or better. 131s were slightly better in this barrel, but I've been out since July 21. Had to sideline the barrel till bergers came available. Sierra will eventually run the 131s but at their convenience. I heard datcs are in production now. Sierra has really fucked with people on this. Shit business ethics for sure. They'll just say, oh but govt contracts to fill! D-bags

Are you guys using the standard BJ reamer for the 25 CM and berger 135's?
Was thinking I'll need a throating reamer..🤷‍♂️

Are you guys using the standard BJ reamer for the 25 CM and berger 135's?
Was thinking I'll need a throating reamer..🤷‍♂️
I just had my gunsmith use a standard reamer and the 135s work fine. I bought it from someone off the facebook group. I believe it is the revision 2 with .258 and .115 free bore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynn313 and abn31c
I'm running the blackjack krud reamer, lil more freebore and a 1k more neck clearance, extra half thou on freebore diameter.

Reactions: abn31c
135s with a standard Blackjack reamer here too… no issues. Wouldn’t mind a little extra freebore but not really a hinderance in its current state. I’ll see if I can get the dimensions from my smith.

The 6mm creedmoor was toooooo hot.

The 6.5mm creedmoor was tooooooo cold.

The 6.35mm creedmoor was juuuuuuust right.

Edit: This post has been edited for an extreme degree of technical accuracy, as required when alluding to bears and porridge recipes.

Last edited:
I've been having similar results with the Berger... I've had 2500 ACEs on backorder - trying to cancel that now so I can stock up some more Bergers (same money only buys 1500 bergers, but... I can get them, and Blackjack can sell my 2500 at a higher rate, so...).

I mean I can't argue against your points, @Yoteski
I probably have more trophies from shooting my 25 Creed than any other cartridge at this point. I was an early adopter of the 25 Creedmoor and have been seeing about 2500 rounds on a barrel pretty easily.
I really like the larger bullet for field matches than the 6mm stuff because you get more splash feedback on a miss. That 131 carries a lot of energy so there are very few times you have a questionable call on plate. The 135s are good, but I will say I noticed a bit of jump sensitivity with them as they were shooting 2" groups from my NRL Hunter rifle. Once I tuned in the jump around 0.020-0.025" jump they shrunk down to clover leaf groups.

Long live the .257!

I've heard from a few 25 cal shooters the 133 elite hunter has been more jump forgiving than the 135. Yes a lil bc loss, but still a solid number compared to heavy 6mm offerings.

I don't understand why you'd want to go smaller, I get over 2800 with 140's and 147's using a similar amount of 4350 and rl-16 in a 6.5CM.

Oooooh this is a spicy 🔥 title for a thread, I love it!

Anyhow, interesting idea, but why not have all the Creedmoor's and shoot all the things? Just my thoughts and choose the best round for the job ;) I think the 25 Creed/25x47 is super interesting, but the lack of bullet support right now is still going to be the hamper on these calibers.

- Josh

Anyhow, interesting idea, but why not have all the Creedmoor's and shoot all the things? Just my thoughts and choose the best round for the job ;) I think the 25 Creed/25x47 is super interesting, but the lack of bullet support right now is still going to be the hamper on these calibers.

- Josh
MDT 131s? 😆

- Josh

I have all three creedmoor barrels for my AI. The two seperate 25's get more love than my 6 and way more than my 6.5 barrels. My experience has been, the 25 is the best balance of recoil and wind deflection. Don't get me wrong, color me a fan of the 6cm, but mostly due to the availability of factory ammo. With that said, loading for the 25 was probably the easiest caliber ive loaded for. With that said, my dasher is still my favorite caliber in the stable. Only time the 6cm gets the nod is when i either dont have time to load or am too lazy to load.

If you have to go Creed, the 25 would be my choice as well. I think 06 capacity is about perfect for the BJ's and up though... and SST would be my choice with a mag bolt face and short action. PRC case also. 284 for regular BF, but either single shot or med action...

I just had my gunsmith use a standard reamer and the 135s work fine. I bought it from someone off the facebook group. I believe it is the revision 2 with .258 and .115 free bore.
Hey Yotes, just to confirm what you're saying, you used the BJ 131gr reamer on your barrel? How many off the lands are you loading the 135s to achieve the results you posted above? I have a local gunsmith (Eagle Eye Shooting on Utube) who says that the 135s don't shoot well enough for him. Just want to get the reamers and numbers right before I jump in with both feet. Thanks mate.

Hey Yotes, just to confirm what you're saying, you used the BJ 131gr reamer on your barrel? How many off the lands are you loading the 135s to achieve the results you posted above? I have a local gunsmith (Eagle Eye Shooting on Utube) who says that the 135s don't shoot well enough for him. Just want to get the reamers and numbers right before I jump in with both feet. Thanks mate.

Just tell Kenny he can't shoot worth a damn, lol.
I used a jam method to find lands as I don't have a modded case for my Hornady gauge.
3.217 BTO is jammed length.
3.180 is the length I settled on. I went .017 off to make sure I was out of the lands and then gave it .020 jump.
COAL is 2.885 jammed and 2.840 where I am seated.
I should do some actual seating depth tests, but this shoots well enough, plus the price of components, I think I'm just going to be lazy and run it as is.

Just tell Kenny he can't shoot worth a damn, lol.
I used a jam method to find lands as I don't have a modded case for my Hornady gauge.
3.217 BTO is jammed length.
3.180 is the length I settled on. I went .017 off to make sure I was out of the lands and then gave it .020 jump.
COAL is 2.885 jammed and 2.840 where I am seated.
I should do some actual seating depth tests, but this shoots well enough, plus the price of components, I think I'm just going to be lazy and run it as is.
Hehe, will pass it on to him.

I prefer to shoot whitetail with my accurate and faithful .257 Wby Magnum 100gr-110gr at a lightening strike speed of 3,300 FPS. Don’t see a need for another creed in the stall, but I like the quarter bore bullet performance. Cheers

25 creed has my attention too, have a 20" #4 CFW 7.5 twist barrel on order at Bartlein for a light and handy suppressed deer rifle.

Reactions: Sendero_Man
We all can only hope the companies pull their heads out of their asses and start making factory .25 creed ammo and rifles. Wishful thinking though, as it seems they are still caught up and chasing the bubba money and making 308 more than anything else. Maybe, just maybe, one day we will have actually affordable ammo in better caliber than what our parents were raised with. Though, for the time being it looks like 6.5 is the subjectively best compromise for factory offerings of barrel life, availability, accuracy, affordability.

Last edited:
How do the 25CM compare to the app 70 year old 250 Savage ack imp given 7.5 twist in both?

Reactions: Jerry m
Threaded my 3rd 25cm barrel, but this one is a hunting barrel on my tikka. Screwed it on, bore sighted, shot 1, adjusted, shot 2, slipped turret, shot 3 off the dot. All with a random ass charge weight and some shitty 100gr Nosler Spitzers. Well it groups at 100. I'll shoot 100 of these total and work up my loads for the 133 berger elites and 117 PVA Cayugas.

Resized_20220905_175934.jpeg
20220905_174908.jpg

How do the 25CM compare to the app 70 year old 250 Savage ack imp given 7.5 twist in both?
I'm thinking similar performance as the case capacity is within 2gr. But forming good quality 250sav improved cases is much more pain in the rear. For my recent 25cm, took alpha ocd 65cm and ran it through my fl bushing die with a 284 bushing, load and shoot. Sub half moa accuracy and great sd/es. Peterson is load and shoot, however I found headspacing on new peterson to be 6k short of that chamber which was cut to go gauge +002 as it was a prefit.

The 6mm creedmoor was toooooo hot.

The 6.5mm creedmoor was tooooooo cold.

The 6.35mm creedmoor was juuuuuuust right.

Edit: This post has been edited for an extreme degree of technical accuracy, as required when alluding to bears and porridge recipes.

And then came the 6.5 Creedmost and blew their house down.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Joining the club. Just ordered a Bartlein 7.5 twist blank and a JGS reamer. Now the wait begins...

I prefer to shoot whitetail with my accurate and faithful .257 Wby Magnum 100gr-110gr at a lightening strike speed of 3,300 FPS. Don’t see a need for another creed in the stall, but I like the quarter bore bullet performance. Cheers
Been shooting quarter bores since 1972. .25-06 is what I am carrying to the woods when Veteran's special deer season opens in October. Would love to try that Weatherby but well, too many other fires need putting out first. My other favorite, I would love to have one more .250 Savage, either in a 99 or a nice bolt. Maybe, I'll get my MPA rebarreled in a fast twist 25 chambered in the little .250 Savage with a long throat. Be different. Factory brass, factory reamer. Wondering what I would be giving up compared to a .25 CM or .25 GT?