• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PTS Championship Team Match

Anyone have an actual address or GPS coordinates for the comp that I can plug into the good ole GPS?

This oughtta get you damn close:

The place is the house on the right (if your headed south on Burgess Falls Rd) with the gun industry banners in the yard, ~6mi south of I40:

36.082402,-85.590363

Is this place Eastern or Central time zone?

Google indicates Cookeville is CST, but the line is really close. Which is it?

Its central.

Getting close, weather is looking great for the weekend.

Im psyched....cant wait!!

Watch out boys, my little 6mm is screaming!

Just got to the hotel about 9:25pm. What freaking drive!! The last 10 miles were killer! There was a 8 mile back up on the interstate. Don't know why, after about 45min and only 1.25 miles driven I found a exit and took the back roads to the motel.

Just got to the hotel about 9:25pm. What freaking drive!! The last 10 miles were killer! There was a 8 mile back up on the interstate. Don't know why, after about 45min and only 1.25 miles driven I found a exit and took the back roads to the motel.

If you get a small fender bender, It will gridlock the highways. The first time I went there to PTS, We hit 3 accidents. What a mess it was.. took 3 hours longer.

Anyway, you all have a great shoot. I wish I did not have to work this weekend. Or I would be there to take last place from you all.

Wow, no comments from any of the shooters after day one? I guess everyone was about as worn out as I was (still am)! Great match so far, looking forward to seeing if I can step it up a notch today.

Just got in and showered up .......what a weekend.

Very challenging match, totally kicked our butts. The ring of fire was downright humiliating. As usual though Ryan and Scott poured their heart and soul into the match and it shows. You guys rock and are outstanding ambassadors to the sport. Thank you both for all that you do in providing us with some great times with all your hard work.

To the RO's......you guys are the best. Thank you so much for passing up on shooting such a fun match and giving your time to make it so special and safe for us. All of you were true professionals.

The sponsors were incredible this had to be the best prize table I've seen at a PTS event. RWS giving away that rifle was awesome, that was so great and I'm sure it made the winners day.

The competitors, as usual, are among the best, most polite, helpful and friendly people in the shooting community.

Congrats to Tom and Ryan for your victory.....you guys deserved it.

Thanks again to everyone.....what a blast.

GREAT MATCH !!! I had a blast RO'ing this one and "should" have shot it. The course of fire was really well planned out with the perfect amount of challenge. Ryan and Scott are completely squared away, and it showed in the match.

Much thanks to the shooters for communicating well with RO's and executing an incident free match !!

Tom/Ryan.....congrats! You earned it.

Can't wait for the the PRS match in August. Seriously.....I can't wait. Can we move it up to next week ?

Much props to RWS for donating the rifle. RYAN SCOTT RO'S it was super awesome how the new shooter got the rifle. He was soooooo proud to get it. I was so excited for him, what a great rig RWS . that was hands down the best ever thing ive seen match directors do .yer in high cotton now hoss!!! Was fun hangin with my buds old and new at dinner and match. CRAWDADDYS!!! Chase/Greene always teach me some cool tip trick along with how to rep the community with class, good guys at Copper Creek! Ro's were tip top. Thanks to Surgeon Rifles for the cert. I needed it for sure!

Much props to RWS for donating the rifle. RYAN SCOTT RO'S it was super awesome how the new shooter got the rifle. He was soooooo proud to get it. I was so excited for him, what a great rig RWS . that was hands down the best ever thing ive seen match directors do .

with out a doubt the finest thing i have seen in a long long time....no words can describe how great of a gesture that was...truly speaks volumes for the character of all involved...kudos guys

Great match. Stages were well thought out. Had a blast and scored better than I thought although most of it was my partner. I can't wait till fall match. Ryan and Scott and RO crew run a great match.

What a great match! Thanks so much Ryan and Scott for putting this on and to the RO's for helping! And a big thanks to Mike for letting us use his land! I shot beside him all weekend what a great guy! I can't wait until next time!!!!

great pics, good job ryan and scott. you guys never fail to put on an awesome match. I look forward to making another one when i get some time

Great match! Thanks to Ryan and Scott for all your hard work, Mike the landowner for having us and all the RO's for a smooth running match. The donation of the rifle by RWS and the selection by the match directors and RO's was outstanding! It speaks volumes about your character and the quality of the people ya'll are.

Ryan, Scott and their crew ran another very challenging, yet enjoyable match. It is clearly well thought out and designed. I really appreciate the open-air After Action Review while it is all fresh in our minds. Excellent idea. Clearly, they do not sit on their laurels; they strive to constantly improve. Thanks again for a safe and superbly ran match.

Like many of the others, I think the Rifle Give-Away was an excellent idea. Congrats to the recipient of the rifle. We will surely see it back in his hands in the next one.

Congrats to the winning Teams. Being able to do well in all the varying stages speaks volumes to your abilities as shooters.

Looking forward to the next one, schedule permitting.

Semper fi,

For those that don't know the rifle story, here is what happened: Ryan and Scott had only one rifle on the prize table, a Beautiful R.W.Snyder build. Being the professionals they are they refused to pull the old "One Prize and split it deal" for a team, forcing one winning member to buy out half or like so often happens or an excellent prize donated by a vender is forced to hit the for-sale section Monday morning to square up. What they elected to do was have the staff watch the contestants and determine, as a group, who really needed a Rifle and where it could help GROW the sport instead of seting in a safe with other rifles won in the past years. So now a young Gentlemen who competed with a bone stock sporting rifle has a New R.W. Snyder Hammer!!!! That is why I will Always make every effort to spend my match fees at this Match! There is no substitute for Character!

Oh and I also enjoy time with my partner:
IMG_0126.jpgIMG_20130526_134152.jpgIMG_20130526_134609.jpgIMG_0116.jpgIMG_0132.jpg

Ryan, Scott, and ROs,
Thanks for a safe, fun, and challenging match! You do such a great job of using Mike's beautiful property to the fullest. Thanks to Mike and his nice family for allowing us to shoot at their place.

The most fun I had all weekend was watching my buddy Steve win the RWS rifle. We started shooting long range together and he is a genuinely great guy. The look on his face when Scott announced him as the winner was priceless! He will definitely put it to good use! I look forward to shooting many more matches together. Thanks to RWS and the match directors for making such a generous donation to a neophyte in the sport!

Thanks also to all the veterans on this Memorial Day. I really appreciate all that you and your families have done to maintain our freedoms. God be with those that have been lost and may he bring comfort to their families.

TKAB
(Ladd)

For those that don't know the rifle story, here is what happened: Ryan and Scott had only one rifle on the prize table, a Beautiful R.W.Snyder build. Being the professionals they are they refused to pull the old "One Prize and split it deal" for a team, forcing one winning member to buy out half or like so often happens or an excellent prize donated by a vender is forced to hit the for-sale section Monday morning to square up. What they elected to do was have the staff watch the contestants and determine, as a group, who really needed a Rifle and where it could help GROW the sport instead of seting in a safe with other rifles won in the past years. So now a young Gentlemen who competed with a bone stock sporting rifle has a New R.W. Snyder Hammer!!!! That is why I will Always make every effort to spend my match fees at this Match! There is no substitute for Character!

Oh and I also enjoy time with my partner:
View attachment 8030View attachment 8031View attachment 8032View attachment 8033View attachment 8034

Absolutely, that was one of the coolest things I've seen at a firearms competition.

That kind of gracious spirit is displayed by so many people in this sport. I watched Jon Paul from JP rifles pass up his spot on the prize table and donate it to whomever came behind him. Heck, Tom took a Pelican case instead of something much more valuable off the table even though Ryan and him won the event and could have picked whatever he wanted.

That kind of spirit displayed by the people in this sport is what makes it so great.

Oh Jon, you're a blessed man. My daughter is 4 and I hope that when she's old enough to compete like your daughter, that she will still want to spend time with the old man doing stuff like this. The memories you are creating will last her forever.

:thumbs up:

Last edited:
I'd bet every one of the top teams were happy to see that rifle donated to the RO's choice. Maybe that's a new tradition to replace the Dave Trophy.

Scott and Ryan, thanks for putting on a great match. I know how much work it was. Thanks to the sponsors! especially the ones who were there in person to show off the cool toys and answer questions.

Thanks especially to all the shooters who come out and support the match. Challenging stages make us all better shooters. I was glad to see a lot of new faces among the old friends.

The top teams are usually not the ones in need of a new rifle...I was very happy to see it go to a very deserving shooter. It's also a very good move on the gunsmiths part. That shooter is going to tell everyone he knows how awesome it was to receive that rifle, and if he wasn't hooked on shooting this style match he for sure is now. So much of this sport is grown by word of mouth. Fantastic move for all involved.

Scott and Ryan did a great job laying out the courses of fire. Everything seemed challenging but not impossible. A good mix of barricade and prone work that was very precision oriented. A huge thanks to them for all their hard work. To the RO's, you guys and gals make this possible. Thank you for your dedication and sacrifice of time energy for this sport.

To the competitors it was great spending time with you all. What a great weekend we had from the weather to the food and a little shooting too, everything could not have been better.

This sport is filled with so many people of good character. It is one of the main things that makes this all so great for all of us.

Dear Gentlemen,

I am still without coherent words of gratitude, so I will keep it simple until I can complete my thoughts, and that may take a little while.
As the extremely proud and at the same time extremely humbled recipient of that beautiful RWS rifle I have to say I was and still am totally blown away. I had to check my rifle bag this morning to make sure it was still there and that I wasn't just dreaming. I will post more later when I find the proper words that in some way attempts to better convey my utter gratitude and absolute total honor to receive that unbelievable rifle as well as the staggering kind words spoken to me yesterday. I will NEVER forget that moment for as long as I live.

A very honored shooter,

Steve Norman

I'd bet every one of the top teams were happy to see that rifle donated to the RO's choice. Maybe that's a new tradition to replace the Dave Trophy.

Scott and Ryan, thanks for putting on a great match. I know how much work it was. Thanks to the sponsors! especially the ones who were there in person to show off the cool toys and answer questions.

Thanks especially to all the shooters who come out and support the match. Challenging stages make us all better shooters. I was glad to see a lot of new faces among the old friends.

Nice job Tom
DSC_6929.jpg

thanks! my rifle thanks you too! it rode to the match laying in the back seat floorboard and rode home in a cushy, bestickered pelican case.

Steve, I don't think I got to meet you but from everything I've heard, you deserved it! what happened to your bipod? i heard you were shooting some stages with two bags supporting the front of the gun?

Outstanding match, and a wonderful gesture by RW Snyder to build the sport! Many thanks to Scott &that Ryan say for a great match ....and to Mike for letting us spend the weekend in his farm...

Had a fun weekend. Good match flow and some fun stages..

Congrats to Tom and Ryan on pulling off the win. Good to get to see old friends and meet some new ones. Had a very fun squad.

Pro I don't feel there is much Chase and I can teach you guys. Great seeing you and CC again.

Really appreciate all the sponsors who put stuff down to make up a healthy prize table!!

Thanks to all the RO's who took the time to make this happen.

Huge thanks to Mike "The land owner" for the use of the land.

Last edited: