• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Punch list for repairs

Frank, I noticed that Google search results that link to "forum.snipershide.info....." (and there are a LOT of them out there) do not take you to the thread. Instead, the links all take you to the new SH home page. Not sure if you're aware or if there's a fix; but its definitely a bummer. Prospective new members that may find us via a google search may not stick around to find out what a great resource SH is, since the information looks to be unavailable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to wait for google to caught up, we cannot do anything this was the same drama when we switched, Google will sort it out just takes time, the internet is not as instant as we think

I don't know that you have to do anything, but a "whats new" button would be nice.

You should be able to reply just not post new ads ... not sure what tapa talk is doing, as I said this weekend I am gonna reset a lot of the permissions to see if anything is cleared up now that the site is being used.

But most of these individual permission errors are not easily fixed ... it's a delete account and start over issue with some of them. There was some damage to the server a year ago when they had a hardware failure not sure if that is part of it, the upgrade from 4.2 to 5.2 the list is too long

Hey Frank. I have played around with my account over the weekend and i am still not able to reply to threads in some sections. I have tryed Tapatalk and online from my phone. I dont have a computer so I haven't tryed that. I cleared some more cashe data that i found as well as logging out and back in and restarting my device.

You mentioned deleting account and starting over. Is this the next logical step? I cant find where i would do that only, where to log out. Is this something you would have to do?

Sorry to be a bother. Your hard work is very appreciated

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Ok,I was having problems in Chrome on my iPad and then realized I was running in "incognito' mode - now I can post and PM again. Duh.

edit - I still can't get the new site to work with safari on my iPad Pro running the latest version of iOS.

Last edited:
All I need is a damn number, I don't need to talk about it first I don't care you were a member at Scout, I just need your post count. Give me just that number and fuck ya, we're done.

Instead, I get, why can't post, I sold shit before, gee I was at scout and now I need a 100 posts, Oh Gee, what about me ...

No numbers, just complaints, questions , comments, everything but the damn post count number they want change anyway.

Ipad Safari, it's a setting, go into Safari and let it accept cookies. Safari on the latest iPad works fine.

Okay I am done for the day, the last 15 Private Messages lamented the fact they could not sell or wished out loud how it would be nice to get their post count back, but not a single one actually gave me a post count ...

Lots of wishing... not a lot of reading or paying attention

Reactions: diverdon
Okay I am done for the day, the last 15 Private Messages lamented the fact they could not sell or wished out loud how it would be nice to get their post count back, but not a single one actually gave me a post count ...

Lots of wishing... not a lot of reading or paying attention

A bottle of MacAllen 25 should be in your immediate future!

I am requesting to have my post count updated:
WiSluggo was my username on the scout site, and my post count was 204

thanks

Fuck-em Frank. Fix 1st world problems screw the rest. Everyone and I do mean EVERY SWINGING DICK should understand that updating post counts is a privilege. NOT any sort of requirement on Franks part at all. I see people bitching about 75 or 200 posts are you shitting me. I hope some of you assholes don't have kids cause if you do your raising a problem not a solution. If you are offended
by this then I am probably taking to you.

I can't speak for Frank but my observation is that by updating post counts Frank was trying to avoid the shit storm 2+ years ago when a bunch of anal-retentive assholes cried like a 2 year old dropping their ice cream in a pile of dog shit. Absolutely inconsolable. But alas you fuck-wits have obviously no concept of anything outside your bedroom in your parents basement.

This site more than any I know of has a "man up, be a man" attitude. Yet it would appear that from a good percentage of people here that is just a fart in the wind.

The thing with posts counts is, everything over 100 is meaningly and the real hassle is the guys just not giving me the correct information from the start, or are posting it on the old site as if ...

If you have 625 posts showing and want it to read 850, it's kinda silly but I am doing it... it's a ton of time that could be better spent with content

I get it, if you had 300 posts on Scout and NONE here, then it makes perfect sense to me.

Reactions: 1J04
Hey Frank

Any chance I can get my post count updated to 829?
I'm at 829 on the scout site (same username).

Thank you!

Frank , my post count should be at 120/Sergeant ( sad , I know ) - I don't have any other issues . Original Login is A-OK . Glad to be back -

Please update my post count to 105. Thanks
same name on the scout forum.

So am I out of luck on getting my account updated to what I had on the Scout forum? Is it because I only joined after the original Hide was defunct?

For Fuck Sakes...

I am doing this as a favor and on top of that I am dealing with a shit ton of stupid people who cannot follow rules...

I cleared out a 180 notifications and Private Messages on top of posts asking to change shit, and every day I get 40 more at a clip

here is a news flash, I still have to work on the site on other areas, I am 1 Fucking persons you selfish whiny Fucks...

Excuse me I didn't jump on your post count, I missed the part where it mattered to me or anyone else

let me guess, you have some shit to sell ?

Reactions: abizdafuzz
For Fuck Sakes...

I am doing this as a favor and on top of that I am dealing with a shit ton of stupid people who cannot follow rules...

I cleared out a 180 notifications and Private Messages on top of posts asking to change shit, and every day I get 40 more at a clip

here is a news flash, I still have to work on the site on other areas, I am 1 Fucking persons you selfish whiny Fucks...

Excuse me I didn't jump on your post count, I missed the part where it mattered to me or anyone else

let me guess, you have some shit to sell ?

Frank this beating around the bush shit has to stop. When they bitch hit the account delete button, block their IP, then cover their ass with shit. When you get time, revert to the bitchy bastard we all know you are.:p

Reactions: abizdafuzz
For Fuck Sakes...

Fascinating, I have always said and written it as "for fucks sake". Why, even twice today in texts. I'd hate to think I was misusing the term all these years. Now I'll have to look up the proper way to write it or maybe the difference is just regional. Carry on with the outstanding work Frank.

I tried PM but it said your box is full. I was going to ask about emailing my credentials to get access to the LEO page. I am retired since I thought I saw that page was for active LEOs.

Totally understand when you're bullshit meter gets pegged.

Test the Mil / LEO section now, i have updated the permissions

Odds are it broke the permissions for those who have that section as a sub-set, as that has been how my day is going

Yep, it's fucked up Frank. It's completely gone now.
You got a little spare time to talk post count? lmfao
Hang in there man. We're literally pulling for ya.

your account does not have LEO access were you supposed to have it ?

Yes Sir. At the Sheriffs Office as we speak. Mil Vet also. You can't miss my Avatar in the post or two I put in there couple days ago.

To be clear, I never had permission. I can provide a copy of my credentials if needed.

​​​​​​i tried opening the LEO page and it bounces me to the access denied page.

Post count 166
what do we do if we have the premium scout? Are we grandfathered in?

thats all I need, just lacking access as of now and can't post.

There is a discrepancy in the training per month cost. If you go here: http://www.snipershide.com/accessing-training/ it says "The subscription for the Online Training will be a recurring fee of $10 per month which can be paid via Pay Pal. " If you go to sign up here: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/settings/subscriptions the cost is $15 per month. Not a huge deal but hopefully but worth noting.

Fixed some of that was old boiler plate which is why there were stock images in there ... they copied the old stuff

DTA thread opens 100% for me, logged in or out... Can't fix what we can't recreate, probably a load issue or browser issue

LL, I can get into every other thread on the site but the DTA thread. I'm using windows desktop and chrome. Any hints on what I can do if it is on my end, thanks in advance

ello Frank, Thank you for everything you do. My user name is __6brman_______________. My post count on Scout was ____285_____. Thank you!

Could you change my post count to 198 please I was never on the site before scout and that was my count from over there thanks!

Hello! I had the same username on the Scout site, my post count was 216.

Thank you very much for your time!

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing the hide back here! My post count is 300 something on scout, 40 something here, can we make it 340? Thanks!

Please update post count to 158 whenever you have a second. Thanks!

Hi, I had 323 posts on the scout snipers hide site. I think I have almost 160 here. I would greatly appreciate it if you could add the 323 to my post count here. Super happy to be back on the old site! Nice work Lowlight. Hope the transition isn't kicking you in the junk too bad!

Thank you

Ability to search within forums for posts (not just filter) would be awesome. I see that you can search within a post, just wonder if we can take that one level higher?

Example: I want to find all GAP rifles in the PX \ Firearms sub forum, search on GAP, up come all posts with GAP in the title or content of the post

although I'm guessing this probably exists and I just can't figure it out.