• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA 212 Seneca

How does the 212 compare to the 250 a-tips performance wise? The bcs are close I think
I think the 198 and the 250 might be more comparable in BC than the 212, last I remember looking the 212 had an edge on the 250 to the tune of something like 10% more BC and 15% weight and a lot less bearing surface dragging in the bore.

From a 26” 300wsm the 212’s touch 2900 for me.

@Dogtown ndeed has a barrel here that’s taking way too damn long. It’s unfortunately the lone anything in the caliber or barrel contour for the platform involved. Takes a bit of schedule holes to line up getting it done and I’ve really dropped the ball in that regard, partly because he’s been so patient and polite as I’ve been so busy, one of those “squeaky wheel gets the grease” situations. Sorry, that’s our screw up and I’ll fix it.

Reactions: SPAK
No worries @bohem

After reading so much about people hounding you constantly, taking you away from work, I figured I'd just check in every six months. At this point there's really no rush because I've got backup 1:7 barrels inbound. I'll just need you to make more 241s at some point...

Reactions: SPAK and bohem
At some point I need to try some 198 or 213 in my 8 twist 30 nosler to see what they do. Pva does great work

I think the only reason to choose the 198 over the 212 is magazine length limits.

Reactions: Schw15
Dogtown, I’ve never had a bad barrel from pva and they have all shot lights out. Josh is good people and he will get you sorted out.

Those 241s are something else. It’s almost got me wanting to build a 300 NM just to shoot them.

Reactions: Dogtown
That's impressive for sure. Just need to find the time to maybe test some

Does your 300 wsm reamer set up for the long action or special throat?
It's a slightly longer throat at 0.125 FB but it's nowhere near as long as some of the dedicated LA throats at 0.240-0.330"
It does fine with 210 class jacketed bullets when I shoot them but the rifle gets a steady diet of my solids, there's no other reason to shoot it.

It would be nice to try those 212 and have them mag feed. 300 wsm seems like a easy route maybe some n560 get 2850 or go to a longer barrel

I mag feed 212s with .300NM, though the SRS mags are a bit longer than many other mags so YMMV.

6C29665B-E5F2-4B8E-A757-07E96F5D13DB.jpeg

These are 3.91”

Not surprising. I've found them quite jump tolerant. In fact, I'm jumping them 0.1" in 300NM.

@bohem I'm considering this or something very similar to run the 212s. Think it would be fun. Need a 1-8 barrel

I needed to test my new to me 6.5 cm so I figured I would load 6 up for my 30 nosler 77 grains n565 212 pva at 3.735 so it feeds easy in mags. First shot was high then next shot was low almost 2 inch apart but the next 4 shot to left and almost center with elevation and 2 cutting and the other 2 right in there cover them 4 with dime easy. Not sure what to think of the first 2 shots being so wild. The avg. Was 2893 very slow needs way more powder but just wanted to test real quick to get an idea

I needed to test my new to me 6.5 cm so I figured I would load 6 up for my 30 nosler 77 grains n565 212 pva at 3.735 so it feeds easy in mags. First shot was high then next shot was low almost 2 inch apart but the next 4 shot to left and almost center with elevation and 2 cutting and the other 2 right in there cover them 4 with dime easy. Not sure what to think of the first 2 shots being so wild. The avg. Was 2893 very slow needs way more powder but just wanted to test real quick to get an idea
Hey Man, long time. Do you run 2 barrel warmers prior? It is the only way I found to eliminate the same scenario. Makes me scratch my head how the cold bore competitors do so well. I've been dialing in loads for my 300WM and newer PRC with the A-tips. I plan on visiting a longer range later this year and will pull down my supply of PVA212 and 241's in hopes of having something developed in time. I'll visit back if constructive.

Hey Man, long time. Do you run 2 barrel warmers prior? It is the only way I found to eliminate the same scenario. Makes me scratch my head how the cold bore competitors do so well. I've been dialing in loads for my 300WM and newer PRC with the A-tips. I plan on visiting a longer range later this year and will pull down my supply of PVA212 and 241's in hopes of having something developed in time. I'll visit back if constructive.
I've never had that issue. I'm hoping to test more next month. I'm thinking more powder and tighter neck tension will be next on the list. Hopefully something comes of it positive.

On the 212 pva are you guys using a smaller seater stem? My 30 cal stem hits the points of the bullets bends them slightly

On the 212 pva are you guys using a smaller seater stem? My 30 cal stem hits the points of the bullets bends them slightly
Yes. I use the one for longer bullets from Redding. Identified by the line on them. Also had to Jack my die up if I remember correctly. I’m just starting on a new load with the StaBALL HD for my 300wm. Then 241’s for 300 prc

I'm going to try the .284 stem and see if that fixes it. Might have to get a different seater die not sure if they offer any other stems like the other companies do.

man, I wish I had time to play with this stuff again. Please keep us update on your testing and results, as I'm enjoying reading the updates. Would love to get back to WY and/or MT with a good pile of these solids.

Not at distance yet. I've been trying to get a decent load with the 34" barrel I had made for it. I also finally got the 26" barrel I ordered from PVA, so maybe theirs will shoot better? I just need to get an extension torqued onto it before I can do anything.

Regardless, it's going to be a while...

Not at distance yet. I've been trying to get a decent load with the 34" barrel I had made for it. I also finally got the 26" barrel I ordered from PVA, so maybe theirs will shoot better? I just need to get an extension torqued onto it before I can do anything.

Regardless, it's going to be a while...
I think your the only one that has tried them. Let us know once you get it going.

Shot some more pva 212. I had good numbers single digit SD and good speed had them over 3k but targets are not good

Attachments

• 20230806_082912.jpg
    20230806_082912.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20230806_082354.jpg
    20230806_082354.jpg
    451.2 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Dogtown
Shot some more pva 212. I had good numbers single digit SD and good speed had them over 3k but targets are not good
Thx for sharing. You running them in 300wm or prc? I’m working on 198’s in 300wm.

30 nosler. Not looking good for accuracy yet
How far back are you jumping them ? I’m o my asking because I’ve tried all 3 and get great numbers, but need to play with seating to tighten up.

How far back are you jumping them ? I’m o my asking because I’ve tried all 3 and get great numbers, but need to play with seating to tighten up.
Not sure just loaded to mag length to start. I will measure it and try single feeding

Reactions: btuse
I think the 198 and the 250 might be more comparable in BC than the 212, last I remember looking the 212 had an edge on the 250 to the tune of something like 10% more BC and 15% weight and a lot less bearing surface dragging in the bore.

From a 26” 300wsm the 212’s touch 2900 for me.

@Dogtown ndeed has a barrel here that’s taking way too damn long. It’s unfortunately the lone anything in the caliber or barrel contour for the platform involved. Takes a bit of schedule holes to line up getting it done and I’ve really dropped the ball in that regard, partly because he’s been so patient and polite as I’ve been so busy, one of those “squeaky wheel gets the grease” situations. Sorry, that’s our screw up and I’ll fix it.
Hey Josh, Am I wasting days and nights running your 241's through a 30" PRC bbl with a 8"- 1:7.5" (.5" gain)) pipe? I know you recommend 7tw, but I'm liking my chances at 2300 yds. vs the 250 AT's. I signal feed and can load to 3.9500". I have 23,25,26, 560,565,568, tumbo, 1000, and 8133, as well as others( I started early). Any consideration would be appreciated.
You chambered my CM which I love (and blow all my friends doors off with). I have your 198's, 212's and 241's that I'm sold on. I wish to run them on .308win thru ......

Hey Josh, Am I wasting days and nights running your 241's through a 30" PRC bbl with a 8"- 1:7.5" (.5" gain)) pipe? I know you recommend 7tw, but I'm liking my chances at 2300 yds. vs the 250 AT's. I signal feed and can load to 3.9500". I have 23,25,26, 560,565,568, tumbo, 1000, and 8133, as well as others( I started early). Any consideration would be appreciated.
You chambered my CM which I love (and blow all my friends doors off with). I have your 198's, 212's and 241's that I'm sold on. I wish to run them on .308win thru ......
You're never going to get a 7.5 twist to stabilize that bullet. That's why we say "requires 7tw" for the 241. No amount of load development and powder tweaking will get it to fly from a 7.5tw

The 212's will shoot fine in a 7.5tw

Reactions: btuse