• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA Black Friday Barrel Lead Time

Just saw where Josh said they do it in batches per caliber. Has anyone gotten a notification for 6.5x47 yet? I emailed to see if it were possible to switch to 25x47 lol that would probably put me all the way back but i don't think they have the reamer so it might not be an issue.

Time period between September 9, 2018 and April 4, 2019 (inclusive) equals to:

208 days
... or 29 weeks & 5 days
... or 6 months & 27 days

Still no word......

Reactions: 5RWill and Bradu
Ordered a Carbon Six shouldered pre-fit for a Tikka on Dec 10. It ships tomorrow.

I sure hope Josh gets things sorted out. I have one of his barrel nut Tikka barrels and it shoots pretty well. It was delivered a couple of weeks past the quoted lead time back then, but today...I'd be hesitant based on all the negative feedback.

Smh...

I called in last week to verify the specs on my barrel were correct. I was told they just received a shipment of approx 90 barrels, but they were not sure how they would be allocated across orders. I was also told that they expect to clear the black friday backlog by end of May.

Etching on my Savage prefit I received last month is small text about 2/3 of the way down the barrel and just says "PVA 6.5 PRC". Kind of strange that it's so far down the barrel, but I don't really care, it's legible and does the job.

Update. Hopefully this means they can somehow swap me for a 25 cal blank for 25x47. If not meh, hopefully they meet the time frame they’ve established.

Reactions: shooter65
Still no word from @bohem

Time period between September 9, 2018 and April 15, 2019 (inclusive) equals to:
  • 219 days
  • ... or 31 weeks & 2 days
  • ... or 7 months & 7 days

Got an email this morning saying that "[Y]our order is going into production this week. Expect your product to ship within the next 2-3 weeks".

This is for a shouldered pre-fit barrel in 308Win for Origin ordered during Black Friday.

3 weeks today from the email stating barrel to ship within the next 2-3 weeks, no shipping notification.

Damn this has been disappointing. Was looking forward to shooting it, but couldn't wait any longer and had to go a different route. At least I'll have a barrel for next year now.

Today, Got email for 6.5cm barrel, 1-2 weeks out per email. This is a pre black friday barrel.

4th week now, still not barrel.
Looks like another 1-2 weeks:

If you are receiving this email, your order is going into polishing this week.

Expect your product to ship within the next 1-2 weeks

Recieved tracking today for nuke prefit 6.5cm ordered nov. 5. Should be here saturday. Excited.

Time period between September 9, 2018 and May 2, 2019 (exclusive) equals to:
  • 235 days
  • ... or 33 weeks & 4 days
  • ... or 7 months & 23 days

1 × Remington "Remage" Pre-Fit Barrel
Available Calibers:6mm Creedmoor - Berger/SMK/DTACBarrel Bore Size:6mm/.243 (uses 0.237 bore)Rifling Type:Button Rifled - Hand Lapped and Double NormalizedBarrel Contour:MarksmanBarrel Length:26"Muzzle Threading:None (11 Degree Target Crown)Seamless blended thread protector:NoCerakote - Barrel Only (+$100):NoneMuzzle Brake - Combo:No

Just received a tracking # for my 22 creed. I sent him a barrel to chamber to fit my TL2
From the time he received the barrel, to my door (hopefully if UPS doesn't loose it) 18 weeks.
New toy to play with. (y)

Looks like another 1-2 weeks:

If you are receiving this email, your order is going into polishing this week.

Expect your product to ship within the next 1-2 weeks

Shipped last Friday.

Got mine today so 6.5x47 must be up on their list. Long wait but for the price and quality (which i assume it will shoot no issues) can't complain too much. What ft/lbs did y'all use for torquing for those of you running impacts?

Got mine today so 6.5x47 must be up on their list. Long wait but for the price and quality (which i assume it will shoot no issues) can't complain too much. What ft/lbs did y'all use for torquing for those of you running impacts?

75 ft/lb based on PVA's recommendation.

1st bullet point

100 ft/lb for magnums

Reactions: 5RWill
Gotta say, this is at least one thing on here I'm happy to see it finally shipped. A remage barrel should have never taken that long. Did they give you any explanation?

Yes. Josh called me on Wednesday to apologize and explain how it was overlooked. We had a lengthy conversation. He is a solid guy.

Anyone had a 6 creed ship from the Black Friday sale?

Apparently yours jumped the 6.5cm Origin that I ordered black friday.

In manufacturing we call that FISH inventory. First In, Still Here.

Yeah was on a shouldered barrel. Getting it worked out in the impact thread. I took it to 100 ft/lbs and put tape on the no go and it wouldn't close though would start the cam over. Maybe i'm doing something wrong though, this is all new to me.

Reactions: shooter65
Yeah was on a shouldered barrel. Getting it worked out in the impact thread. I took it to 100 ft/lbs and put tape on the no go and it wouldn't close though would start the cam over. Maybe i'm doing something wrong though, this is all new to me.

Sounds like the headspace is just a hair off/over...usually the go-gauge, with two pieces of scotch tape would cause this (just start to cam over, but not close) behavior, but with the no-go gauge and tape, it should not come close to camming over. At least that has been my experience.

Sounds like the headspace is just a hair off/over...usually the go-gauge, with two pieces of scotch tape would cause this (just start to cam over, but not close) behavior, but with the no-go gauge and tape, it should not come close to camming over. At least that has been my experience.

I PMd josh to see what they wanna do. Probably need to call them today if i get time. Going to let my local smith spin up my 7 SS i wonder if he could fix it quickly? That’s my only worry it’s been 6 months i don’t wanna wait that long.

Reactions: MarinePMI
I PMd josh to see what they wanna do. Probably need to call them today if i get time. Going to let my local smith spin up my 7 SS i wonder if he could fix it quickly? That’s my only worry it’s been 6 months i don’t wanna wait that long.

Damn, that sucks!

So, I'm understanding your situation; you ordered a pre-fit shouldered barrel for a Impact action and the headspace is a smige too long? You did not send the action to PVA and they cut the barrel based on nominal action specs?

If that's the case, sounds like either tolerance stack or process control drift (barrel or action). Either way some careful measurements and some machine are in order.

PS~ 5RWill, I just read your posts on the Impact thread and frankly I'm a bit worried that you know enough to be dangerous and not enough to be safe when if comes to headspace and barrel fitting. These rifles are not AR's and not Plug-n-Play. The fact that you didn't know where to put the tape on the headspace gauges gives me pause. I would recommend you take everything to your local smith or at least someone that KNOW's what their doing to check things out.

Last edited:
So, I'm understanding your situation; you ordered a pre-fit shouldered barrel for a Impact action and the headspace is a smige too long? You did not send the action to PVA and they cut the barrel based on nominal action specs?

If that's the case, sounds like either tolerance stack or process control drift (barrel or action). Either way some careful measurements and some machine are in order.

Yup and maybe it's my action idk but i think i can see why certain smiths don't really like the idea of pre-fit/shouldered barrels. Hell of a deal price wise, i could've sent the action in but didn't think they needed it.