• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA Black Friday Barrel Lead Time

That was the group uy. Dog Days of summer
So when did you place your order though? Seems like there are people on here saying they ordered last year and still don't have their stuff and yours was this summer? Or was your order in summer of 2018? Maybe the Dec 2018 folks aren't being put in the back of the line?

So when did you place your order though? Seems like there are people on here saying they ordered last year and still don't have their stuff and yours was this summer? Or was your order in summer of 2018? Maybe the Dec 2018 folks aren't being put in the back of the line?

As stated earlier:

Dog Days of summer sale

32 days from order to ship. boom!

ORDER PLACED
Jul 26th 2019
LAST UPDATE
Aug 28th 2019

Ok, then what I said was still true...?

Our Labor Day sales are up, and there are a few that are pretty enticing.

The Dog Days 6.5 Sale went off really well and everyone's barrels have shipped (150 barrels in the last 2 weeks!). Rock Creek said they found a few more (63 to be exact) of the blanks and have offered the same deal, so we're offering that as well for Labor Day.

Additionally, they overran some 7mm's for the same company and offered us a deal on them as well. These are full length blanks up to 26" and they were lapped out. Normally these would cost $100 more but we're tagging them in and running a labor sale (see what we did there? Labor Day, Labor Sale?) on top of the discount Rock Creek gave us to push the blanks out.

AAAAND for those who like or want to like the 6x47 Lapua, we're running a Group Buy for 6x47 Shooters. There are a total of 30 slots in the 6x47 Group Buy.

All of the barrels and brakes on sale are in this link:

PLUS! The 2 newest additions to our muzzle device lineup. We made a TOMB style mount for Rugged Suppressors that is self timing and offers users a huge increase in recoil performance with and without the suppressor.

https://patriotvalleyarms.com/self-timing-rugged-suppressor-mount/

And the new hotness... a 4 port Jetblast that is wholly redesigned for even better performance with medium size calibers (6mm BR through 6.5 Creedmoor capacities). This brake is still 1" OD and self timing, it's very light (same weight as the 3 port Jetblast) and it has progressive ports on it. Each row of ports is a different angle rearward to maximize recoil reduction, no concussion on the shooter and minimized concusion on the guy laying next to you. This is THE BEST muzzle brake option for a team shoot without going to both guys running suppressors.... and even then the suppressors can't touch the 60%+ recoil reduction that comes from the Jet4.

Well then there seems to be some merit to the idea that PVA is putting new orders in front of old orders. What a joke...
They had to put newer orders ahead or else they would have owed people money. I think it was 50 bucks if they didn’t meet the timeline?

They had to put newer orders ahead or else they would have owed people money. I think it was 50 bucks if they didn’t meet the timeline?
They shouldn't even be taking orders if they hadn't delivered on stuff purchased back in December.

They CERTAINLY shouldn't be taking orders with ultra-short timelines, discounts, and partial refunds for missing the dates. What a slap in the face to the customers who bought stuff months ago at full price with no refund promised.

As I said, I wouldn't buy a pack of gum from these guys. What a joke.

They shouldn't even be taking orders if they hadn't delivered on stuff purchased back in December.

They CERTAINLY shouldn't be taking orders with ultra-short timelines, discounts, and partial refunds for missing the dates. What a slap in the face to the customers who bought stuff months ago at full price with no refund promised.

As I said, I wouldn't buy a pack of gum from these guys. What a joke.
I wasn’t defending their business practices. If I was waiting on a barrel I’d be super pissed. I got really lucky and got my barrel in a month and a half. It shoots lasers, but I’d rather not have my money tied up for months on end.

Reactions: patriot07
shooter65, that is really a nice looking rig. What's it's purpose?

Don't jump down my throat, but from what others have said that PVA is still having supplier problems.
Might be why some old orders are not being filled. PVA was offered some overstock barrels from Rockcreek (only certain lengths)
at a discount and instead of setting around and doing nothing waiting for barrels or what ever to fullfill
old orders, their keeping busy doing these "sales" Sucks if your waiting on an old order, but good if your one of the people getting a new barrel within 4 weeks.

Reactions: Dooby
I really wish I kept screenshots from my last dealings with PVA. It hasn’t changed a bit and still the same excuses. Quit designing new brakes and accessories. I remember a podcast where Josh said he started his business because he was tired of other companies not getting products done in a timely manner and he has topped the list in not making deadlines over and over. I feel for you guys that have paid but hopefully you learn from this experience and find someone that does just as good and actually gets you the product.

Vote with your dollars. I got what I ordered but it took a fucking year and I’ll never do business with PVA again.

Just a guess... he financed his shop move/upgrade with everyone’s pre-orders/orders and is still playing catch up on the cash flow game.

Reactions: TXBO
shooter65, that is really a nice looking rig. What's it's purpose?

Don't jump down my throat, but from what others have said that PVA is still having supplier problems.
Might be why some old orders are not being filled. PVA was offered some overstock barrels from Rockcreek (only certain lengths)
at a discount and instead of setting around and doing nothing waiting for barrels or what ever to fullfill
old orders, their keeping busy doing these "sales" Sucks if your waiting on an old order, but good if your one of the people getting a new barrel within 4 weeks.

Short barrel hunting rifle

I will buy more barrels from them when they run sales, got mine in about 4 weeks. It’s just a 22 inch button remmage barrel but it shoots 1/4 inch right from the start. He knows how to chamber barrels

Reactions: shooter65
I'm thinking of picking up an action and barrel to drop in a chassis I have. Sounds like PVA does a really good job with barrels, but i'm not sure about sending them the parts based on some of the delivery times that seem to get missed. Anybody have experiance with suppling parts and getting them turned around in a resonable time?

After reading some of the bad experiences you guys have had I was happy to receive a shipping notice email today for a barrel I bought at the Labor Day sale.

I'm thinking of picking up an action and barrel to drop in a chassis I have. Sounds like PVA does a really good job with barrels, but i'm not sure about sending them the parts based on some of the delivery times that seem to get missed. Anybody have experiance with suppling parts and getting them turned around in a resonable time?

I’ve used PVA several times over the years using his parts or sending my own. Every experience was the same with lies about lead time. While they always shoot there is to many builders out there to risk it IMO.

I’ve used PVA several times over the years using his parts or sending my own. Every experience was the same with lies about lead time. While they always shoot there is to many builders out there to risk it IMO.

Thanks. After reading all the threads regarding PVA I decided the risk was too high. I'm leaning toward one of the LRI barreled actions with the ARC Mausingfield action. Sounds like LRI turns things around in good time, and I've never seen a bad review of them anywhere.

Vote with your dollars. I got what I ordered but it took a fucking year and I’ll never do business with PVA again.

Just a guess... he financed his shop move/upgrade with everyone’s pre-orders/orders and is still playing catch up on the cash flow game.

AI barrel I assume? What contour did you go with?

Thanks. After reading all the threads regarding PVA I decided the risk was too high. I'm leaning toward one of the LRI barreled actions with the ARC Mausingfield action. Sounds like LRI turns things around in good time, and I've never seen a bad review of them anywhere.
I think you will like LRI

Reactions: kthomas