• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

PVA Status Updates: Hancock Rifle & NUCLEUS Barreled Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear your guys JHR shipped, whats a long wait and it should be worth. I heard about some people wait for more than a year.

Ordered 2/3/18, set to be delivered on 2/11/19 - 6.5 JHR my first purpose built rifle to get into some of the PRS scene around me. I've had a Gen 1 razor in the box since April of last year, the hat that came with it is well worn but I resisted all urges to throw this on a different rifle until the JHR arrived!

Got tracking information and I’m on the wrong side of the equator to go pick it up. ?

?

I’m so excited to start load development I may just cancel the rest of this trip...

Has anyone gotten an update on the barreled actions? It feels like they just stopped putting them out in favor of the JHR's.

Nothing here yet, I would imagine it's going to depend on if they only have JH marked actions and/or Nucleus. When and what did you order?

From various threads & comments, there still seems to be some hold up in getting the standard nucleus actions from ARC to PVA for the barreled actions. Really unclear if its on PVAs or ARCs side. No word at all from PVA recently on whats going on or any guidance on delivery timeframes. Frustrating, but thankfully I've got other rifles to keep me busy. it'll get here when it does.

Nothing here yet, I would imagine it's going to depend on if they only have JH marked actions and/or Nucleus. When and what did you order?
I ordered a nucleus, 6.5 creedmoor 24" heavy palma. I ordered it Aug 18 so ive probably got another couple years till Ill get it but an update once in a while would be nice. Im order #3108

I ordered a nucleus, 6.5 creedmoor 24" heavy palma. I ordered it Aug 18 so ive probably got another couple years till Ill get it but an update once in a while would be nice. Im order #3108

#3095 here for a 24" M24 profile Nucleus BA in 6mmBR.

Order 43xx placed on 2/6/19 and got shipping notice today!!!!!

It’s just a barrel nut but I can be stoked right? All in all some of you have way too much patience and some of you very little.

Reactions: Cup O Joe
@pooh...
giphy_3.gif

This may be mildly helpful for you:

I'm 1837 for a BA ordered on 21 Jan, nothing yet. In full disclosure, I ordered an extra barrel as well.

Nice order...Question is, was it shipped/filled??? Lol
Nope. Context of the guy I quoted implied it will probably be a while. No worries though. I already have one nucleus built in 6.5creedmoor that I ordered direct from ARC. Put a PVA M24 24" barrel on that one too. Shoots good man.

Some motivation for those still waiting.

This is trip#3 with my 6.5SAUM JHC. First 2 trips I did 50rds each. Initially this ultra mild break in load was producing 2872fps average. I’m 120rds in And speeds have inproved to 2941 average with the exact load and ES/SD’s keep dropping. The battel is settling in nicely. After today she will have 200rds down the pipe and then I’ll do a proper trip to shoot for groups maybe tomorrow if time permits.

Oh and for the 6.5SAUM, ARC mag with an Area419 mag extender fits 9 rounds. Could use a more powerful spring though. Sometimes the bolt doesn’t pick up the last round. Or I could open up the lips a tad bit more so the round rides higher.

Attachments

• A2B299EC-0E0F-45C1-9D10-6C809466C016.jpeg
    A2B299EC-0E0F-45C1-9D10-6C809466C016.jpeg
    464.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 8C1E4929-59A9-4CEA-A5DD-AC8750830387.jpeg
    8C1E4929-59A9-4CEA-A5DD-AC8750830387.jpeg
    580.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 9457AA8A-6443-4B52-B08D-9B20195259EA.jpeg
    9457AA8A-6443-4B52-B08D-9B20195259EA.jpeg
    884.6 KB · Views: 100
That's good to hear! I've left a message on Monday and emailed on Friday with no response to either. The lack of a post here explaining status of orders or an email back is what's getting frustating.

That's good to hear! I've left a message on Monday and emailed on Friday with no response to either. The lack of a post here explaining status of orders or an email back is what's getting frustating.
They seem to be shipping out the 60 actions they got in. Shot show surely caused some delays also.

Gentlemen. This is an update directly from Josh Kunz.

“I'll update the Hide again this weekend. I've been keeping my head down getting work out the door. We shipped 20 hancocks this week and we're sending invoice/FFL notices on Monday for the next 20. As well as the next batch of Nucleus barreled actions too.”

Some more chrono pics from today. The barrel sped up a full 130fps with the same load from new to 200rds in. Very impressed with ADG brass!! I have no reservations calling it as good or better than Lapua. Zero prep was done to this brass.

The 10 shot chrono is the same break in load. The 6 shot was one node up from that. I had only loaded 6 round of that charge. This Rock Creek barrel doesn’t dissapoint.

Attachments

• DDB6ACA6-3ECF-4B6C-991F-33FB6DA41912.jpeg
    DDB6ACA6-3ECF-4B6C-991F-33FB6DA41912.jpeg
    614.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 99E24731-1295-4721-AA46-E013C1446D3E.jpeg
    99E24731-1295-4721-AA46-E013C1446D3E.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 726C03CE-7F20-401A-8DD9-E772C0078100.jpeg
    726C03CE-7F20-401A-8DD9-E772C0078100.jpeg
    574.2 KB · Views: 93
Recieved final payment request for order #2189,placed on 3/5/2018, for a 6mm Dasher JHR. Happy to finally have gotten to this point but what an 11 month cluster fook.
Now to see if I can get one 6 Dasher Mag Kit which has been out of stock for the last year.

Reactions: wbbh and Cup O Joe
I would be interested in hearing PVA's opinion on ARC temporally no longer selling the Barloc due to POI shifts.

Recieved final payment request for order #2189,placed on 3/5/2018, for a 6mm Dasher JHR. Happy to finally have gotten to this point but what an 11 month cluster fook.
Now to see if I can get one 6 Dasher Mag Kit which has been out of stock for the last year.

Nice to know josh is filling jhr order before nuke barrelled actions.... congrats on getting it.....

Reactions: man32ahan
I would be interested in hearing PVA's opinion on ARC temporally no longer selling the Barloc due to POI shifts.

Can we get source? Thanks!

Just checked the ARC website and Barloc shows "temp out of stock".

I just bought a indexed recoil lug collared Barloc for shouldered bbl. It's gonna be for a LA Archimedes.

Got my JH rifle in 6.5cm and it’s a beaut. Got it cleaned up and ready to hit the range the next couple days breaking in and testing speeds/groups.

I’ll keep updating as I go.

Still haven’t decided which optic I’m going to mount tonight. I currently have a Gen2 razor, a K624i and an ATACR 4-16 with no home. I’ll have a couple beers and think about it. Lol.

One thing to note, apparently there’s no coupon for a PVA brake anymore in the box (unless my ffl ganked it which I doubt). I was only going to test their brake because of the discount, so for now I’ll be using my Area419 hellfire.

Edit: and yes, for anyone who saw my previous post, I shortened a vacation to get home to my rifle I’d been waiting over a year for. ?

Still waiting on my JHR to ship from payment made Jan 14. Received another email asking go pay today. Jeremy got back to me quickly saying it was a system error and my rifle should be shipping very soon.

Got my JH rifle in 6.5cm and it’s a beaut. Got it cleaned up and ready to hit the range the next couple days breaking in and testing speeds/groups.

I’ll keep updating as I go.

Still haven’t decided which optic I’m going to mount tonight. I currently have a Gen2 razor, a K624i and an ATACR 4-16 with no home. I’ll have a couple beers and think about it. Lol.

One thing to note, apparently there’s no coupon for a PVA brake anymore in the box (unless my ffl ganked it which I doubt). I was only going to test their brake because of the discount, so for now I’ll be using my Area419 hellfire.

Edit: and yes, for anyone who saw my previous post, I shortened a vacation to get home to my rifle I’d been waiting over a year for. ?

Mammoth, did you look on the small user manual box for the discount code? Mine was on the lower left corner of the label, where my battery is sitting. It’s possible the codes were only given up to a certain date.

75665CE6-73A7-4E64-BD63-DA2B94E378D7.jpeg

Oh, and....

default_worthlesswithoutpics%5B1%5D.gif

So now PVA is building your rifle.

....you're not understanding. I know that they're building my rifle....or finishing the rifle. But most of the folks that made their final payments on the same day as me had their rifles ship last week. Order numbers both before and after mine. I was simply stating that my order may have slipped through the cracks (what it sounded like) and putting the information out there in case anyone else is in the same boat. Or mine could have just been last on the list. Just trying to share information. People have been waiting for the rifles for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.