• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA Status Updates: Hancock Rifle & NUCLEUS Barreled Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all those orders are B/A or JH orders, many are just for barrels or parts and whatever they sell on their site. Since PVA isn't doing Barlocs (for now), i just went ahead and purchased the action wrench and barrel vise and tools. PVA order #46XX (Nucleus Action Wrench)

I wonder if a spacer could be made to replace the barloc for the shouldered versions out there?

Not all those orders are B/A or JH orders, many are just for barrels or parts and whatever they sell on their site. Since PVA isn't doing Barlocs (for now), i just went ahead and purchased the action wrench and barrel vise and tools. PVA order #46XX (Nucleus Action Wrench)
That's a fair point, i stand corrected.

Received email requesting final payment. My order was with the BARLOC and because the barrel was already chambered and shoulder for it my BA wasn't switched to direct thread per previous email from PVA. This is great news. Now awaiting tracking info.

Reactions: Stoweit
Received email invoice for payment stating barreled action is in final assembly this morning. 20” rifle cut 6.5 Creed RH. Order#2021

Wow I am invoice 2414 just 6.5 Creed BA paid in full in April 2018 no e-mail. Guess I need to call tomorrow

Wow I am invoice 2414 just 6.5 Creed BA paid in full in April 2018 no e-mail. Guess I need to call tomorrow

Lol you paid in full a year ago?! Did you have the option to just put down a deposit? You could have taken that payment and put it into any of a hundred different commonly traded stocks and made several hundred bucks on it by now!

Reactions: Bender
Lol you paid in full a year ago?! Did you have the option to just put down a deposit? You could have taken that payment and put it into any of a hundred different commonly traded stocks and made several hundred bucks on it by now!

From a quick back of the hand calculation, $2k invested into a Vanguard admiral index fund would have returned about $43 in dividends and $182 in capital gains.

I.e. a used Triggertech diamond.

From a quick back of the hand calculation, $2k invested into a Vanguard admiral index fund would have returned about $43 in dividends and $182 in capital gains.

I.e. a used Triggertech diamond.

Not a bad deal at all! Here's another one, using TJX (girls love to shop at TJM, Home Goods and Marshalls...). $2k invested a year ago would have netted you about $600 in capital gains at this time! I'm sure there are much more lucrative options that you could have went with too...

This is the same reason why I claim extra allowances on my W-2; so that I can hold onto MY money throughout the year and do what I want with it. I'm more than happy to fill out my taxes in March and find out that I won't be getting a refund or that I owe the Fed a couple bucks.

Proof of life!

Attachments

• 12EB5A34-42A4-4017-BA4C-2F1297FCBE93.jpeg
    12EB5A34-42A4-4017-BA4C-2F1297FCBE93.jpeg
    651.8 KB · Views: 183

22" medium palma 6BR...fuzz under 12lb with optic and mag but sans bipod. Balance is good, better than I was expecting.

Beautiful day but my dies don't arrive until tomorrow; looking forward to breaking 'er in.

Also, my FFL said the barreled action was "packed like it was gold", which I took very positively...

22" medium palma 6BR...fuzz under 12lb with optic and mag but sans bipod. Balance is good, better than I was expecting.

Beautiful day but my dies don't arrive until tomorrow; looking forward to breaking 'er in.

Also, my FFL said the barreled action was "packed like it was gold", which I took very positively...

Nice looking rifle

Reactions: RadKad
I just recieved and paid my remaining balance. I'm assuming my barreled action will ship soon.

Order date: 03/06/2018
Final assembly date: 03/27/2019
Order# 2198

That's good news. He told me last Friday, they didn't think that crate would be in for 3 weeks.

I just got off the phone with Jeremy & he said my barreled action IS shipping with the BarLoc as ordered. We discussed its use & the issues some people are claiming. He was gracious with his time, making sure that we were on the same page & answering my questions. I've waited for custom rifles & pistols before, so honestly the waiting hasn't been any big deal for me. I'm still excited to get my barreled action.

Reactions: ram and Nathan11B
IIRC, they had some amount of BarLocs already so were going to use what they had to fill orders. I bet they have or will run out shortly though and won't have any more for a bit. Wonder when ARC will update on them.

I recieved shipping notification of my Barreled action. Tracking said it was due Wednesday. Order #2198

Reactions: Nathan11B
no wonder it's taking so long with everyone calling once a single person posts something about payment/shipping in this thread

Reactions: Nathan11B
A customer service rep is not the same as a barrel maker, gunsmith, etc. The dudes not like "let me pause this barrel so I can answer the phone".
Maybe for a bigger business yeh but for a smaller company that is often not the case.

I’m not sure how big PVA is but a the place where I work I often have to answer calls but if I’m at a stage with a machine where I can’t pause I just miss the call.

Maybe for a bigger business yeh but for a smaller company that is often not the case.

I’m not sure how big PVA is but a the place where I work I often have to answer calls but if I’m at a stage with a machine where I can’t pause I just miss the call.
or whoever is available to step away from their machine does no matter who they are...

no wonder it's taking so long with everyone calling once a single person posts something about payment/shipping in this thread
I missed a call from PVA and then returned it later, ensuring they had my FFL and order info correct (I cancelled the barloc and KRG bravo off my order). I've been giving updates here as I recieve info.

And...How many are not calling because they got enough information from the latest posts??? Me, for one...I'm close, but need a Bravo chassis... :)

And...How many are not calling because they got enough information from the latest posts??? Me, for one...I'm close, but need a Bravo chassis... :)
shouldn't that be the case with everyone considering the recent info, which was a lot, and certainly more than previous updates. there should be little reason to bug them imho

Hi Folks,
It has been a couple of weeks since I got on here and it looks like some guys have been really helpful in putting out the Production Schedule emails as they get them. Thank you for that. That email is part of the process here, it's being emailed to folks each week for the group of folks involved that week.

We did get an updated from KRG quite recently that they're going to be shipping BRAVOs to us so we will have Hancocks going out about 24hours after the BRAVO's come in. Once they're in hand we will have a bunch of Hancocks leaving quickly and I'm sure folks will be talking more about them.

As someone above mentioned about order numbers: Each and every order that comes through the website gets an order ID. If it is a muzzle cap it gets a number, a mag kit gets a number, barreled action... also a number. The orders numbers are chonological and they include every single order that comes through our website. It is entirely possible that #2198 and #2234 are sequentially ordered barreled actions however the 35 orders between them were brakes, caps, tripods, etc which have long since been fulfilled.

We batch barrel orders through based on the chambering ordered, so when we're running say 6.5x47's there are a few that get cut. Then we might do 6Creeds or 6 BR-Ackley. It just depends what is contoured and sitting on the shelf next, that's all. This is the most time efficient way to get barrels through the machinery and cut the overall lead times back as quickly as possible.

In terms of progress, as some have noted, we got a lot of work done last month: in excess of 100 barrels and barreled actions during March. Rock Creek has more blanks arriving to us this week and we will be notifying more folks that their orders are being cut now.

Again, many thanks for the support shown by those who are posting our emails. I'm keeping my head down in the shop to get the most throughput that we can right now.

We batch barrel orders through based on the chambering ordered, so when we're running say 6.5x47's there are a few that get cut. Then we might do 6Creeds or 6 BR-Ackley. It just depends what is contoured and sitting on the shelf next, that's all. This is the most time efficient way to get barrels through the machinery and cut the overall lead times back as quickly as possible.
I figured this would be the most efficient way. Good news all around...:)

Put a few down my PVA Nucleus 6BR barreled action in KRG Bravo today...fed flawlessly through 5rd Magpul 7.62AC magazines, not a single hiccup. Also ejected that stubby brass like a boss, once I figured out you had to hit the bolt stop with a little oomph to get it to eject.

Of course I'm a dumbass and burned up way too many rounds getting my scope sighted in to run a proper OCW...

Unfortunately, I had seven rounds that failed to fire. Not sure if CCI450s are too much primer for it (I use these in my 700SA Dasher), or if perhaps I seated them a hair too deep (did it the same way I do my Dasher), or if there's an issue with the firing pin/spring/whatever...gonna see how -400s work (or don't) before troubleshooting.

Was running 107 SMKs @ 2.355" COAL (forget the ogive measurement) over Varget.

@bohem, what freebore does your 6BR reamer have? Thanks!

My PVA 6br is dreadful to shoot it's really boring shooting in the same hole...

Mine loves 95gr tmk and is also find of 105 hybrids.
When I was doing my load development it was actually hard to do at 100 yards, my SD/ES was under 10 the whole range and groups were quarter moa from 29.0 to 30.4 of varget... Had to go to 200 to find my load.

Hell of a barrel @bohem great work

Reactions: heffsdm
Unfortunately, I had seven rounds that failed to fire. Not sure if CCI450s are too much primer for it (I use these in my 700SA Dasher), or if perhaps I seated them a hair too deep (did it the same way I do my Dasher), or if there's an issue with the firing pin/spring/whatever...gonna see how -400s work (or don't) before troubleshooting.

With all the reports on here about light primer strikes, you're first questioning the 450s (that you use successfully in another rifle) or the seating depth (the same you normally do on your other rifle)?

I applaud you for giving it the benefit of the doubt and not jumping to conclusions, but come on!

Reactions: b6graham
The cci450s are my go to on my PVA 6br but that's with a tl3 action not a nucleus. I actually do have occasional issues with cci400s that makes me wonder if I get some incomplete ignition, but not a light primer strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.