• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA Status Updates: Hancock Rifle & NUCLEUS Barreled Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had a JH ship to them yet? Hoping I’m close to the beginning of the list!
Keep an eye on your junk mail. For some reason everything I get from Jeremy w/ PVA goes straight to my junk mail box.

For anyone needing a JH spot, I need to sell mine. My wife’s health took a turn and there’s no time or money for this anytime soon. #2009 RH BLk 6.5 Creedmoor. I’ll post once the classifieds as soon as I find out out to best sell it from Josh

Reactions: Bender
For anyone needing a JH spot, I need to sell mine. My wife’s health took a turn and there’s no time or money for this anytime soon. #2009 RH BLk 6.5 Creedmoor. I’ll post once the classifieds as soon as I find out out to best sell it from Josh

Let me know when you have details...

Anybody remember what the promotional/group buy price was back in January for a Nucleus BA?

That’s probably because they had to dust off the stones and chisels to make that old school crap.

All of the stuff for the modern actions are cut with a light saber. Yeah, it’s practically instant.

No one expects practically instant, but having used their coupon recently to pick up a tikka barrel I’m not excited about another 20-ish weeks waiting for my barrel.

That’s probably because they had to dust off the stones and chisels to make that old school crap.

All of the stuff for the modern actions are cut with a light saber. Yeah, it’s practically instant.

Can’t tell if you're being sarcastic or serious. My old school crap barrel is for my nucleus action. Savage prefit does not mean only for a savage action.

Last edited:
Hey folks, let's do something to clear the air yet again since we're talking about old orders here

2018 we have had an enormous task of moving the shop, bringing in more equipment 3 different times, bringing in more people and chasing down on vendor deliveries on top of the Hancock, Nucleus Barreled Action and keeping up with the ATF on our marking variance. We started contouring in house to take pressure off our barrel suppliers so that we can get barrels out the door faster. Some services like fluting and cerakote we don't do in house as we are pretty clear about. We spent about 8 months of this year trying to find a reliable, high quality spray shop. We finally have one and the guy is killing the job, we stay in close touch to keep it that way.

Those kinds of things take time to do unless you don't care what it looks like or if you put undertrained employees on a job. Stuff gets broken, barrels get screwed up, muzzles get cut without being dialed in, burrs are left on crowns and in chambers... Readers here see threads like that all the time asking about advice for how a shop jacked up their stuff and what to do about it. We NEVER want to be the subject of a thread like that and extra time is spent to inspect make sure we don't.

That's the same thing we expect of vendors. It's why we have worked so closely with Rock Creek. The guys over there are working hard to keep delivering a very good product and they're doing a damn fine job of it. That is also why when something doesn't look right they scrap it instead of ship it to us and hope it doesn't come back.

We have a reputation for making extremely accurate rifles with extremely clean machine work. We also have a reputation that is (somewhat dated) for being a long lead time shop. In the world of custom built rifles it's about average lead time actually but in the world of Amazon PRIME anything that isn't delivered 5 minutes before you ordered it is now late. Point taken on schedule, I get it and both Jeremy and I are working hard on moving in the right direction there.

We're growing and implementing machinery and people and processes in order to speed up schedule but we're not going to push schedule by forsaking quality.

I don't like being late but I'll be late before I ship out a piece of trash every single time.

The rest below is a status that is being emailed out this morning but I'll post here as well

Nucleus Barreled Actions:
The NBA's are coming along well and we are shipping barreled actions pretty quickly as we receive actions from ARC. We are working with them to get the actions shored up and each barreled action is assembled and double checked for order correctness before the customers are notified to pay balances.

That being said, when you do receive an invoice stating that we need payment and your FFL any delay from that point means that the barreled action is sitting on the shelf waiting to go out. We cannot ship without proper documents being in place so please try to send the FFL and pay your invoice when notified. If you need to get an FFL in order for a delivery from us please take the time to do that before you are notified not when we say it's time to ship.

John Hancock Rifles:
The Hancocks are well on their way. ARC got the actions back from nitride a few days ago and they are doing final assembly QC on the receivers last week. I spoke with Ted on Saturday and the first 20 Hancock actions are shipping this week to PVA. Keep your eyes out for an invoice and FFL ping.

At this time we are not accepting changes to the orders for any reason. Barrels are cut, stocks are ordered or already here, same with triggers. There is no way to make changes without costly rework so we will not be able to accept any changes going forward.

COMP-40 Tripods:
The next batch of tripods is due approximately the first week of January. When we have a firm arrival date we will open up the website for orders again. We expect that to be appx 4wk prior to when the tripods arrive to us.

Barrels:

We are catching up on old orders and have made significant strides towards streamlining our manufacturing process in the last 6 months. There are still hurdles but we are getting through orders quickly now for common chamerings. There are always exceptions that come with additional services like cerakote, fluting, etc so please keep in mind that orders with additional services like that add time as well as the cost.

Small Parts:
Barrel nuts, brakes, and mag kits are largely in stock. We have barrel nuts for all sorts of actions including Howa 1500, Small Shank AI and Sako TRG rifles. Coupled with the ARC BarLoc owners of Sako TRG's and pre-2014 AI's can now have a quick change barrel setup for a very competitive cost!

Last edited:
^ Exactly why I Pre-ordered my JH rifle. I'd rather have quality than speed any day.

For those that are impatient, remember that red faced juvenile screaming, "But I wan it now!" is the same one that gets you into debt and stares back at you in the mirror.

My PVA nucleus shouldered barrel took about 33 weeks for delivery. It was a shouldered, cut rifled barrel in 7mm. But as Josh said, they would rather take their time than get a bad product out which I can respect.
Glad to hear you're liking it so far. We also didn't have the actions for about 28 of those weeks...

How's it shoot?

Reactions: jafo96
Thanks @bohem for the insight.
What is your current quoted lead time on origin button rifled prefit barrels in 6 creedmoor if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks,
Steve

6-8wk generally on it, though I think we might have 1 on the shelf actually. I seem to recall one being there when I was shuffling things around today. Jeremy would know if you called the shop tomorrwo.
Last week I would have said "hurry up and order I'll throw yours in" cuz we cut 10 of them for Hancocks.
We started contouring 6.5mm Med Palma blanks for 65 Creeds and 65 SAUM on the Hancocks this afternoon.

Reactions: JCARL and BLKWLFK9
Quick question @bohem . If a Nucleus BA was paid in full at the time of ordering and I was asked to send in the ffl info will I get an email with tracking info? Thanks

Glad to hear you're liking it so far. We also didn't have the actions for about 28 of those weeks...

How's it shoot?
Thanks for the updates and I appreciate the quality control to produce a nice rifle. Could you give me a general idea as to when to expect my JH, I already sent my FFL? I certainly don't expect an exact date but a year and a month would be much appreciated. My order is 2390

Thanks for the updates and I appreciate the quality control to produce a nice rifle. Could you give me a general idea as to when to expect my JH, I already sent my FFL? I certainly don't expect an exact date but a year and a month would be much appreciated. My order is 2390
A while

Reactions: Bender
Ok thanks, I was hoping for something a little more specific but I understand. If anyone is interested in purchasing my JH order, let me know, my order # is 2390, chambered in 6mm Creedmore . I will post to classifides too, thanks.

Last edited:
@TKO Once we start assembling and getting them out the door we will have a better idea. We just hired a 24 year veteran and spent this week bringing him up to speed. He's going to be a big help around the shop. We don't want to rush things out the door but we know everyone is waiting patiently. Thanks for being so supportive. We're really excited to get them in your hands.

@TKO Once we start assembling and getting them out the door we will have a better idea. We just hired a 24 year veteran and spent this week bringing him up to speed. He's going to be a big help around the shop. We don't want to rush things out the door but we know everyone is waiting patiently. Thanks for being so supportive. We're really excited to get them in your hands.
I’m glad you guys are doing so well, being busy and putting out quality work is a great thing. My go to rifle will be out for some work after this week, was wanting something to tinker with. I win either way, if my order sells it sells, if not, I still get a quality rifle. Thanks

Reactions: bohem
It has been a wait, but worth it if the JHR turns out to be as quality as I think it'll be. I've waited longer for custom guns, as long as I get it by next shooting season March/April I'm good. #2004 here!

It has been a wait, but worth it if the JHR turns out to be as quality as I think it'll be. I've waited longer for custom guns, as long as I get it by next shooting season March/April I'm good. #2004 here!
# 2004, maybe we can trade orders lol, I ordered my rifle in early April and I'm nearly 400 rifles behind yours, guessing I won't be seeing mine for a looooooong time.

# 2004, maybe we can trade orders lol, I ordered my rifle in early April and I'm nearly 400 rifles behind yours, guessing I won't be seeing mine for a looooooong time.
Rifles. Actions. Barrels. Barrel nuts. Etc etc etc are in there too

Reactions: TKO

Rifles. Actions. Barrels. Barrel nuts. Etc etc etc are in there too

Yep, like b6graham said, you’re 400 orders behind, not 400 guns behind. Most of those 400 orders have probably already been filled. So it’s not as bad as it looks.

Reactions: TKO
Hey folks!! I am order #1953 for a JHR. I skimmed through the thread and do not think I saw an earlier order.
I will post as soon as I hear from PVA.....ti

Hey folks!! I am order #1953 for a JHR. I skimmed through the thread and do not think I saw an earlier order.
I will post as soon as I hear from PVA.....ti

I'm #1952. I ordered mine on Jan. 29th. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of orders before mine. There were many orders made at SHOT, and a lot of orders, just from Snipershide, that are ahead of me. How many? I have no idea, but I'm just gonna sit back and wait. The last update from Josh was very promising. We may see rifles in the next few weeks, maybe before Christmas.....I hope.

Reactions: timmirvin
Way back when Bohem first announced the barrels I asked him about the .223 as I was building three of them. Bohem told me that they shot "one hole" groups with 77 Prime. Now that I have shot all three rifles I will verify that each of the three shoots one hole groups at 100 yards. Not just cloverleafs but round holes. I was using Horanady 75 grain so it was not even the chosen ammo.

Thanks!

My PVA 260 is a one hole shooter with 140 hybrid and the 130 OTM haven't seen the need to try anything else yet. My only complaint and I think its just an aesthetic issue is that when the barrel is headspaced in the nucleus using the barloc system with the barloc nut there is one row of threads still showing on the backside of the barloc nut, had the same issue with the NSS nut only a couple more rows of threads. Of course it looks clean with the PVA nut.

Way back when Bohem first announced the barrels I asked him about the .223 as I was building three of them. Bohem told me that they shot "one hole" groups with 77 Prime. Now that I have shot all three rifles I will verify that each of the three shoots one hole groups at 100 yards. Not just cloverleafs but round holes. I was using Horanady 75 grain so it was not even the chosen ammo.

Thanks!

No matter how good the rifle is, I’m not a one hole shooter but I’m glad my new rifle will be ?

I've been looking at Tikka Tac A1's in 6.5CM but with the info out there on the PVA JH's I might move towards that. I think in the long run it's a far better option (I can swap the chassis out if I decide to not shoot PRS/production class). BUT any rough idea if one were to order a JH right now what kind of time frame on receiving a rifle? I have seen one or two pop up for sale and should have the money together for one shortly, but wondering if it's going to be another 6-8 months to get a rifle or if now that they are starting to roll out if it might only be a few months (2-4?)?

I don't currently have a long range rifle, so not sure I can wait till next summer to have a rifle. :) But the JH looks to be a great option and I appreciate the feedback everyone has given and the more importantly the responses from PVA/ARC to questions about the actions and rifles. It makes the jump from production to custom actions much easier for a newbie like me.

BUT any rough idea if one were to order a JH right now what kind of time frame on receiving a rifle? I have seen one or two pop up for sale and should have the money together for one shortly, but wondering if it's going to be another 6-8 months to get a rifle or if now that they are starting to roll out if it might only be a few months (2-4?)?

Speedy,
are you asking how long it will take if you place a new JHR order from PVA today or if you purchase a spot in line from one of the existing orders?

If you are talking about buying one of the spots in line, it will be within your quoted time frame: 2-4 months for sure, maybe less if your spot in line is close to start. Josh and his crew sound like they are down to the final few items.

If you are talking about placing a new order from PVA directly, I have no idea how long that will take... perhaps the 6-8 months you are cite.

Speedy,
are you asking how long it will take if you place a new JHR order from PVA today or if you purchase a spot in line from one of the existing orders?

If you are talking about buying one of the spots in line, it will be within your quoted time frame: 2-4 months for sure, maybe less if your spot in line is close to start. Josh and his crew sound like they are down to the final few items.

If you are talking about placing a new order from PVA directly, I have no idea how long that will take... perhaps the 6-8 months you are cite.

exactly. I should have the money in another month or so to be able to get a JH. If there is a spot in line I would gladly take it after I have the cash in hand. BUT if there are no spots open and I just place an order, I'm trying to get an idea if they think it'll be 3-4 months, or another 6-8 months for an order placed in early December 2018. I know there was a lag in time from when the product was announced and when it started to ship, just trying to get an idea if that 6-8 month will always be the wait time for the JH or if maybe now that the production has commenced, the rifles will be more "available" to the public.

As an example when the RPR came on the market, they were very hard to find for about 6 months even though Ruger started shipping them within weeks of showing them at SHOT last year. Now they are much more available and if you are near a decent sized city you can probably find one on a shelf somewhere locally for a good price. I know "custom" rigs are not like that usually, but was hoping that now that the production of the Nucleus action seems to be in full swing, that I could get a rifle without a 6-8 month wait time. Since I don't currently have anything "long range" oriented, that could influence my decision. I will more than likely just get my ducks in a row and then wait and see if one pops up for sale on the exchange but it would be nice to know what options I have. I know I could probably just call them but figured if I had the question, could be others do as well.

exactly. I should have the money in another month or so to be able to get a JH. If there is a spot in line I would gladly take it after I have the cash in hand. BUT if there are no spots open and I just place an order, I'm trying to get an idea if they think it'll be 3-4 months, or another 6-8 months for an order placed in early December 2018. I know there was a lag in time from when the product was announced and when it started to ship, just trying to get an idea if that 6-8 month will always be the wait time for the JH or if maybe now that the production has commenced, the rifles will be more "available" to the public.

As an example when the RPR came on the market, they were very hard to find for about 6 months even though Ruger started shipping them within weeks of showing them at SHOT last year. Now they are much more available and if you are near a decent sized city you can probably find one on a shelf somewhere locally for a good price. I know "custom" rigs are not like that usually, but was hoping that now that the production of the Nucleus action seems to be in full swing, that I could get a rifle without a 6-8 month wait time. Since I don't currently have anything "long range" oriented, that could influence my decision. I will more than likely just get my ducks in a row and then wait and see if one pops up for sale on the exchange but it would be nice to know what options I have. I know I could probably just call them but figured if I had the question, could be others do as well.

That lag time was because of several factors, moving the shop, machinery vendor headaches, but mostly, the ATF was dragging their feet on the approval of the markings on the action. The ATF took WAY too long for a simple approval.
PVA won’t have to go through those headaches again, so if there is a 6-8 month delay, it won’t because the ATF is jacking them around. It will just be the popularity of the rifle will make it difficult to keep up with all the new orders.

Reactions: bohem and SpeedyR

Thanks!

That's what we love to hear!!! Glad everything came out as planned.

That lag time was because of several factors, moving the shop, machinery vendor headaches, but mostly, the ATF was dragging their feet on the approval of the markings on the action. The ATF took WAY too long for a simple approval.
PVA won’t have to go through those headaches again, so if there is a 6-8 month delay, it won’t because the ATF is jacking them around. It will just be the popularity of the rifle will make it difficult to keep up with all the new orders.

Correct. We have a much more streamlined process currently and are ready to start assembly.

UPDATE: 11/13/2018
Actions are on the way. A few invoices went out today for John Hancock rifles. We still need to nail down assembly, QC and testing but we wanted to get the ball rolling.

We are almost there but I would like to address some things I included in the email for everyone moving forward.

I know we initially offered the option to possibly Cerakote rifles. At this time due to the long delay we will not be handling this ourselves. Our main concern is to get these rifles assembled and in the hands of everyone so you can finally enjoy what you've been waiting so long for. We recommend Wesley Hitt at Omega Rifles in Texas as a great option for Cerakote if you decide to do it yourself.

Regarding the special deals that go along with the Hancock pertaining to muzzle brakes, magazines, etc...just know we are working very hard to finalize this and will update in the upcoming weeks. You will not be able to purchase anything at this time unless you want to pay full price. All discounted sales will be separate and will follow you taking possession of your rifle. We may do coupon codes, or something to that effect, to be included with the rifle but we will keep you updated. The final cost needs to stay below $2000 to keep them eligible for the PRS Production class so we are working on a workaround.

If you haven't sent in your FFL information yet please have them send in a copy of the FFL to us. They can send it to [email protected] and include your last name, order number and "FFL" in the subject line (ie "Smith - 1234 - FFL").

I want to personally thank all of you for being patient with us. We here at Patriot Valley Arms value every one of you as customers and are very thankful for your support.

Correct. We have a much more streamlined process currently and are ready to start assembly.

Actions are on the way. A few invoices went out today for John Hancock rifles. We still need to nail down assembly, QC and testing but we wanted to get the ball rolling.

I just went really fast and checked my email.....no invoice.
default_kickcan.gif

default_laugh.png

Regarding the special deals that go along with the Hancock pertaining to muzzle brakes, magazines, etc...just know we are working very hard to finalize this and will update in the upcoming weeks. You will not be able to purchase anything at this time unless you want to pay full price. All discounted sales will be separate and will follow you taking possession of your rifle. We may do coupon codes, or something to that effect, to be included with the rifle but we will keep you updated. The final cost needs to stay below $2000 to keep them eligible for the PRS Production class so we are working on a workaround.

Thanks for including this information Jeremy. I spoke with you earlier this year, April or so, about adding a Jet Blast brake to my order, and you told me to hold off until we get closer to the release date. Glad I didn't jump the gun.

Again, thanks Jeremy. I'm starting to get excited again. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Anyone remember the early barreled action Nucleus price?

All hail...

Attachments

• received_759246154414098.jpeg
    received_759246154414098.jpeg
    466.2 KB · Views: 69
  • received_931145417082252.jpeg
    received_931145417082252.jpeg
    427.7 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: jonesturf
Status
Not open for further replies.