• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA Status Updates: Hancock Rifle & NUCLEUS Barreled Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
They mentioned in a prior post (different thread) they would be sending an email out to everyone effected. Also TexasTW stated above only the 308 bh was involved.
It is not something that keeps the rifle from working, so it is not something that needs to be replaced, but it makes me much happier with the action.

I bought two different bolt heads - .470 and .380, and they both had the same lug cams. Now the .380 has been swapped for a redesigned version. For more info, read my "Nucleus bump on close" thread, which is at least partly responsible for the redesign. The redesign will be for all sizes of bolt heads from what I understand.

Reactions: Cup O Joe
With the new bolt heads, i think i'll fall in love with my nuke and JHR all over again. Can't wait to get the notification. Ive got 3 bolt heads that need to be swapped and need to buy a 4th

oh man I have many numbers to go(3881).. but I am very excited to hear lefty's going out... Would love to see pics when they come in..

I did ask to change from a 6.5prc to a 6mmdasher... never heard back, I will try to contact again..

I have a JHR in 6mm Creedmoor coming and need a bit of info regarding magazines. What fits, what works?

I have a JHR in 6mm Creedmoor coming and need a bit of info regarding magazines. What fits, what works?
I’m flying blind as well on mags, but bought the ARC 10rd mag off PVA’s website. It was shipped this morning before I woke up. Based on the JHR specs and ARCs specs, I believe it will work. I will buy a 5 rounder as well at some point

I saw the 10 round ARC mags listed on the PVA site and the ARC site , didn't see any 5 round mags listed though.

ARC 10 rounders and MDT’s new metal AICS mags. ARC only makes the 10 round mags. MDT’s come in 5, 10 and 12 round capacities.

Any AICS pattern magazines.I run the ARC mags in my Nucleus and they feed great. The KRG bravo has a slightly adjustable magwell so it should be fairly flexable.

Can’t change your deposit otherwise I would have already.

Same boat. I asked about canceling and getting a refund. Not blaming anyone.....but if the actions incoming take the rifles through March, what is the realistic expectation of receiving a rifle that was ordered April 1st?

Same boat. I asked about canceling and getting a refund. Not blaming anyone.....but if the actions incoming take the rifles through March, what is the realistic expectation of receiving a rifle that was ordered April 1st?
What did you order?

I have a John Hancock rifle for sale. It’s posted in the rifles for sale section. If anyone wants to skip the wait.

Anybody have any idea how to strip the ARC Nucleus Action bolt? Wanting to do some initial measurements on chamber length and CBTO for my records.
Thanks,
Pat

Anybody have any idea how to strip the ARC Nucleus Action bolt? Wanting to do some initial measurements on chamber length and CBTO for my records.
Thanks,
Pat
Watch the whole thing when you have time.

Thanks,
Pat

Easy peasy!

Shorter version. Both are good resources to have bookmarked!

Last edited:
Ted from ARC says he will honor current Nucleus orders to be switched to Archimedes actions, will PVA do the same for pre-orders from last year that have not been fulfilled yet? I'd be willing to move my order out and pay the difference to switch to an Archimedes action. Order# 2046.

An interesting development for sure, does this mean they are dropping the Nucleus? Archimedes doesn't really look to be superior to the Nucleus, it's just designed to be made in house?

Hopefully, we will get good reports from SHOT.

Last edited:
An interesting development for sure, does this mean they are dropping the Nucleus? Archimedes doesn't really look to be superior to the Nucleus, it's just designed to be made in house?

Hopefully, we will get good reports from SHOT.
It’s in addition and if it’s to replace anything it would be The Mausingfield.

It’s in addition and if it’s to replace anything it would be The Mausingfield.

Y would u say that? yes, it is an addition but I dont think anything is going to replace the mausingfield. it's probably still the superior action in the ARC line up.

Thank you sir!

I put a small piece of scotch tape over the hole for the cross bolt that holds the bolt head in. Just on the underside to keep the cross bolt from falling out. Made it a lot easier to do the wheeler lands measurement.

Reactions: Skunkworx
I made an insert to replace the firing pin assembly. The threads inside the bolt are .500"x20tpi so I took a .500"x20 bolt, cut the head off, drilled a .125" hole in the threaded end so I could Loctite in a 5" long piece of .125" diameter drill rod. The drill rod was pointed on one end so it would just enter the firing pin tunnel in the bolt face and keep everything centered when in place.
I put the insert into the bolt, through the cross pin. Screwing it into the bolt until it finds the firing pin tunnel and then finger tighten it.
Sure is fun having a lathe in the shop.

fIRING PIN INSERT 2.JPG

FIRING PIN INSERT 1.JPG

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten a shipping notice from this latest batch of Hancock actions that had notifications sent out?

I am working out of town and need to plan to get back home to pick it up haha.

Reactions: pbRex
received_390869381486369.jpeg

Looks like those of us that order LAST YEAR during shots show, will STILL be waiting after this year, and now that Ted has new chit out, god only know how he will f over josh.....

This is the second worst order I have ever made......

Reactions: TKO and man32ahan
View attachment 7008788

Looks like those of us that order LAST YEAR during shots show, will STILL be waiting after this year, and now that Ted has new chit out, god only know how he will f over josh.....

This is the second worst order I have ever made......

^
What PVA discloses to you is up to them but I can promise you that you do not have the information you need to pass judgement on either PVA or ARC as it pertains to this matter.

Reactions: wbbh

All I have to say I have learned my lesson, Ted has yet to release an action that didnt need revisions to make it right..... I will never order a product from arc again and I will make damn sure to tell every shooter I run I to how much bull shit that this whole ordeal has been.

Best part is I was told by some one that know ted personally to not order ta nuke because I will regret it..... man am i stuck eating crow.....

Has anyone gotten a shipping notice from this latest batch of Hancock actions that had notifications sent out?

I am working out of town and need to plan to get back home to pick it up haha.

No not yet but hoping it ships this week based on the latest email. We shall see.

There’s more to this than just ARC not fulfilling PVA orders due to shitty customer service.
Then someone needs to open their mouth and explain exactly what is going on. So far all we got is PVA blaming ARC for fulfilling their own orders first and ARC claiming PVA is withholding information. If someone fucked up they need to pipe up.

Reactions: Nouseforaname01
Neither company is going to tell you the specifics of what the issues are, throwing one or another under the bus. Be it contract or financial issues. I don’t think you can expect a response from either company along the lines of “PVA accepted more pre-orders for these actions then they had liquidity available to pay for them” or anything along those lines. These are small businesses going through growing pains while trying to stay innovative and reactive to customer feedback.

That being said, I agree that at this point, either or both companies should be working together to make this right by the customer. At the end of the day the fulfillment issues fall back on both companies regardless of whether one or both are to blame.

pre·or·der
/prēˈôrdər/
verb
verb: pre-order
  1. order (an item of merchandise) before it is available, with the understanding that it will be shipped later.

Reactions: jafo96
Then someone needs to open their mouth and explain exactly what is going on. So far all we got is PVA blaming ARC for fulfilling their own orders first and ARC claiming PVA is withholding information. If someone fucked up they need to pipe up.

Lol. You deserve your order or a refund, not the private interactions between two companies.

Some of you. My lord.

All I have to say I have learned my lesson, Ted has yet to release an action that didnt need revisions to make it right..... I will never order a product from arc again and I will make damn sure to tell every shooter I run I to how much bull shit that this whole ordeal has been.

Best part is I was told by some one that know ted personally to not order ta nuke because I will regret it..... man am i stuck eating crow.....

That’s funny, I have one of the first 10 LA Mausingfields ever made, after waiting over a year for the pre-order it’s been running for the last 3.5 years without a hiccup even in its bare metal state. I also have one of the first 200 Nucleus, if mine has the cocking issue I’ve never felt it and the action runs great. I even carried it in the woods this year hunting and killed 2 deer with it. Both actions are far smoother than any other rifles I own.

So I’m not sure I’d consider the small refinements done to the actions over time to be “revisions required to make it right”. This isn’t a case where you bought what turned out to be a paper weight until they fixed it. Every verision of the actions has worked just fine but over time changes were made to improve them based on what Ted felt was best.

Just look at the Nucleus, a couple people complained about the bolt heads having an odd feeling when closing while most couldn’t even feel it. Regardless Ted has stated that he will be supplying new bolt heads for all of the old actions at his own expense, if that isn’t good customer service I don’t know what is.

It took Remington, Winchester and Savage decades and several different models to design their flagship bolt action rifles and that was with near 50 years of bolt action manufacturing experience, an entire R&D team and tens of millions in development costs. So bitching because in your mind the actions weren’t right when released because some improvement were made to them over the last of 5 years just makes you look like an asshole.

I'm happy to wait for my rifle to arrive.

What would be nice is a semi reasonable schedule for deliveries. Something along the lines of "orders #11xx thru 15xx will ship in February, orders #15xx thru 20xx will ship in March, orders #20xx thru 30xx will ship April" etc.

I know there are a lot of non Nucleus orders in between and I didn't order till November, but the more info you can provide your customers the better off you will be as a small business.

I can certainly understand that expanding a business and hiring additional people will eat cash flow as well. Maybe ask customers to pay additional funds towards the rifles (or in full if you want to shorten your wait times), I think they'd be surprised how many would be willing to pay a bit more for quicker service (pay more as in more % towards the final cost, not as in pay more for the actual product). I think we all want to support the small guy and move things along.

Maybe we'll hear more after SHOT is over. First time in 7 years I'm not there, will miss going by to ask about the rifle/delivery first hand.

Reactions: echo6tango
That’s funny, I have one of the first 10 LA Mausingfields ever made, after waiting over a year for the pre-order it’s been running for the last 3.5 years without a hiccup even in its bare metal state. I also have one of the first 200 Nucleus, if mine has the cocking issue I’ve never felt it and the action runs great. I even carried it in the woods this year hunting and killed 2 deer with it. Both actions are far smoother than any other rifles I own.

So I’m not sure I’d consider the small refinements done to the actions over time to be “revisions required to make it right”. This isn’t a case where you bought what turned out to be a paper weight until they fixed it. Every verision of the actions has worked just fine but over time changes were made to improve them based on what Ted felt was best.

Just look at the Nucleus, a couple people complained about the bolt heads having an odd feeling when closing while most couldn’t even feel it. Regardless Ted has stated that he will be supplying new bolt heads for all of the old actions at his own expense, if that isn’t good customer service I don’t know what is.

It took Remington, Winchester and Savage decades and several different models to design their flagship bolt action rifles and that was with near 50 years of bolt action manufacturing experience, an entire R&D team and tens of millions in development costs. So bitching because in your mind the actions weren’t right when released because some improvement were made to them over the last of 5 years just makes you look like an asshole.
I have one of the first 200 also and couldn’t be happier with mine.

Y would u say that? yes, it is an addition but I dont think anything is going to replace the mausingfield. it's probably still the superior action in the ARC line up.
Because the quote above mine had mentioned the possibility of them discontinuing the NUCLEUS. There were mentions in other posts of the new action being improved over the Mausingfield. That’s why. I don’t think they will discontinue any of them but making 3 different actions seems to be quite a feat. I don’t know how cost effective it is to make 3 different actions from a business standpoint. Not to mention the confusion it can place on someone wanting to order. Very similar price for the top 2 also.

Reactions: ItsMmmike
I filed a complaint with the Pennsylvania Attorney General two weeks ago, I just want a refund, tired of the BS! I had a custom rifle built in 6 months!

Ill be your Huckleberry, its as simple as this, refund my money so I can move on!

Fuckin' first world problems, Jesus!

Some in this thread could probably benefit from chilling the fuck out a little. But hey, you want to get all wound up over internet speculation & the delivery schedule of a product that you feel isn't happening soon enough based on little to no real intel? Well, you do you, bud.

The way I see it, PVA has got $400 of my money... Hell, Josh has got WAY more than that wrapped up just in his cost on the action, 2 barrels & the other little bits, not to mention his time. So I'm guessing there's no one (including me) that wants my rifle shipping more than Josh. Therefore, I'm pretty confident he's doing what needs to be done to get these orders shipped.

That's my piece. Carry on with your speculating & vitriol aimed at a couple of small shops that are just trying to get by... I'm sure this conversation REALLY encourages them to keep pushing the envelope, having new ideas & bringing new products to market for us, the consumer. If it's so fucking easy, I'd be willing to bet both Ted & Josh would be the first guys to tell you to get a building, buy a bunch of CNC's & show 'em how it's done... Or ya know, sit in front of the computer & just keep bitching, that's cool too.

Some of you have more patience me, mine ran out December 31st. I don't a lot of extra cash, not enough to just go buy another "quasi" custom rifle, I want to fn shoot. Business is business, hope for the best and expect the worst. A good company takes care of its customers, if you are happy, good for you, Im not. I'll be GTG when they treat me with respect and refund mu fucking money.

Reactions: jaystep
Status
Not open for further replies.