• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA Status Updates: Hancock Rifle & NUCLEUS Barreled Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFL REQUEST FORM UPDATE

Looks like @heffsdm beat me to it but we now have a link at the top of our web page for FFL's to access and upload their info. This will put everything in a nice handy database for us. No more having to sift through emails. Below is a picture of where it is on our site. You can let them know it's there or send your FFL a copy of the link here: https://patriotvalleyarms.com/ffl-form-upload/

If you have already had it sent in via email we are still checking that first. If we can't find it either place upon shipping we will let you know.

Make sure you give your FFL your ORIGINAL order number so they can use that when uploading their FFL.

In other news, I will be out tomorrow for about a week having my first kid. During that time I'm going to try and catch up a little on emails (probably at odd hours of the night) and get an update out. I will have a few more invoices going out sometime this week so keep your eyes open. Almost all of the remaining Hancock rifles are chambered in 6.5 something. This is why some things got out of order. We tried to follow FIFO as best as we could but the 6.5's trump all other calibers by a lot.

Production capacity has increased quite a bit on barrels as long as we have them on hand. Rock Creek has been working to help us get caught up. On the barrel end of things I plan on getting an update out as well.

New Contact Info

If you have any pressing issues moving forward please call the shop or email me directly at my new email address which is: [email protected]. This will get you a direct line to the email on my phone as the other email addresses are flooded with general emails as well.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day!

Hot damn, that was fast...got a shipping notification for my JHR just a few hours after I submitted final payment (I sent in my FFL info last week, so no delays there). I'll preface this by saying that I haven't had the wait that most people have - I was able to purchase a JHR deposit off a gentleman here on the hide this February and skip ahead in line. ?

My personal experience with PVA has been very positive. I've been on the phone with them a few times and as long as I called during their posted phone hours they picked up and answered questions right away (with the exception of this morning - seems they were having some phone issues so I emailed them instead and got a response less than an hour and a half later).

There was a slight complication due to the fact that I didn't place the original order: my email address apparently didn't get updated on the original JHR order so they weren't able to email me the final payment notice (which would also explain why I wasn't getting the status update emails they'd been sending out to customers), so they called me up instead. The original order was placed in April 1st 2018, which seems to fit the typical wait time everyone else has had, so this doesn't appear to have caused any additional delay.

From all accounts this is going to be one hell of a rifle and I'm a happy customer.

Kinda crappy pictures, but damn this thing looks great; got a lot of ooohs and aaaahs when I went to pick it up. Just waiting on scope rings to take it out to the range.

BTW, if your FFL says they can't find PVA's FFL license, tell them to look in the bag with the user manual...

Attachments

• 28BA6712-E948-48CB-BC89-0E2923DA1A73.JPG
    28BA6712-E948-48CB-BC89-0E2923DA1A73.JPG
    213.4 KB · Views: 156
  • C5C53037-58B1-4824-AF8D-51FE61CECAD2.JPG
    C5C53037-58B1-4824-AF8D-51FE61CECAD2.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3618.JPG
    IMG_3618.JPG
    552.1 KB · Views: 144
Gentlemen: May I ask what rings brands and heights are your using for the JH Rifle? Please also state scope specifics? Thanks.

Gentlemen: May I ask what rings brands and heights are your using for the JH Rifle? Please also state scope specifics? Thanks.

Burris XTR 30mm low rings with a Bushnell LRTSi 4.5-18x44 on a Nucleus barreled action with medium palma barrel...approx 1/3" clearance between objective and barrel.

Leupold AR Flatop IMS 30mm Mark 2 one piece mount for now. That is what was already on my VX-3i LRP 6.5-20x50 scope.

Not a recommended setup, as it strikes about 15" high at 100 yards with the elevation set at the bottom.

@Bertoli888 I just ordered a set of NF low rings (0.9 inches) for my NF SHV 4-14x50 (30mm tube). I sat the scope on a stack of three pennies and it was able to clear the barrel. The NF low rings should give me plenty of clearance, hopefully without putting the scope too high.

For those interested in more exacting figures, I measured the distance from the top of the barrel to the top of the rail, it's about 0.455 inches. Of course the barrel is tapered, so if you can mount your scope farther forward that would give you some more clearance, but that's going to come down to your scope's dimensions and eye relief, and/or personal preference.

Attachments

• IMG_3623.JPG
    IMG_3623.JPG
    322.1 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_3626.JPG
    IMG_3626.JPG
    699.1 KB · Views: 153
Gents: Thank you so much for your help and I am thinking of putting a Vortex AMG 30mm on JH Rifle? What kind of rings would you recommend? Thanks

I have a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 with the Seekins made Vortex Precision matched rings 0.97" height. I probably could have gone with the next lowest ring, but I'm happy with what I've got.

Well its official I ordered my barreled action from PVA on 2/6/18 and submitted a form 4 for a TBAC suppressor on 4/18/18. Got the phone call from my dealer today 5/23/19 that stamp was received. ATF is now moving faster than a nucleus BA from PVA. Very unfortunate. Hoping to hear something soon.

Well its official I ordered my barreled action from PVA on 2/6/18 and submitted a form 4 for a TBAC suppressor on 4/18/18. Got the phone call from my dealer today 5/23/19 that stamp was received. ATF is now moving faster than a nucleus BA from PVA. Very unfortunate. Hoping to hear something soon.
On a side note I ordered one of PVA’s first tripods and it has been exceptional. I also have a bartlein 6.5 Creed from PVA that is a laser beam, hate the wait but know quality will be there.

Reactions: spife7980
It looks as though the barrel contour for the JHR is one of the Palma contours, most likely a Remington Varmint or a Standard/Light Palma.

I had a 1" straight contour (technically it tapered from 1.013" down to 1.000 inches) pre-fit barrel on my Nucleus action with a 20 MOA rail, the same rail that comes on the JHR. With 1.10" height scope rings and an Athlon Ares ETR I still had 0.2" of clearance for the objective lens, and the same went for when I switched the Athlon out for a S&B PMII.

Based on the photos above it would appear as though most scopes will reach maximum diameter for the objective lens bell housing at about the same spot as the end of the neck for the Palma contour. Even with a heavy palma contour the neck diameter is only 1.000". This means that if you have rings that are 1.0" or higher you're very likely to make a 56mm objective lens scope fit properly on the rifle with minimal excess height, and if you wanted to be closer you could probably use 0.9" rings or so.

It looks as though the barrel contour for the JHR is one of the Palma contours, most likely a Remington Varmint or a Standard/Light Palma.

I had a 1" straight contour (technically it tapered from 1.013" down to 1.000 inches) pre-fit barrel on my Nucleus action with a 20 MOA rail, the same rail that comes on the JHR. With 1.10" height scope rings and an Athlon Ares ETR I still had 0.2" of clearance for the objective lens, and the same went for when I switched the Athlon out for a S&B PMII.

Based on the photos above it would appear as though most scopes will reach maximum diameter for the objective lens bell housing at about the same spot as the end of the neck for the Palma contour. Even with a heavy palma contour the neck diameter is only 1.000". This means that if you have rings that are 1.0" or higher you're very likely to make a 56mm objective lens scope fit properly on the rifle with minimal excess height, and if you wanted to be closer you could probably use 0.9" rings or so.
Medium Palma

Just timed my jetblast muzzle brake on the JHR.

Does it matter if the numbers on brake( 5/8-24 6.5mm) go on top or bottom or is it purely cosmetic?

Thanks in advance.

I was gonna do mine like most of my other guns, but since I Got 6.5 creedmoor and I have already shot 500 rounds through the gun. Kinda of a waste of time as barrel changes will be common.

Reactions: man32ahan
Anybody cerakote their JHR’s? Thinking about getting my BA done. If you’ve had yours done show me the pics. Thanks.

Not a JHR but a PVA prefit barrel on my Nucleus. I used VHT caliper paint and did 3 light coats. Just take your time taping off the action.
YcJezZm.jpg

Unfortunately, it's looking like I may need to try selling my place in line for the left-handed JHR I ordered last April. Here are some of the details:

-Order Number 2358 (ordered April 5th, 2018)
-Left Handed
-6.5 mm CM
-Black stock (requested change to FDE on 2/22; unconfirmed if this was ever done)

Would you guys be able to give me advice on the best way to go about selling my place in line, and how this is typically done? I tried calling PVA but was not able to contact anyone.

Unfortunately, it's looking like I may need to try selling my place in line for the left-handed JHR I ordered last April. Here are some of the details:

-Order Number 2358 (ordered April 5th, 2018)
-Left Handed
-6.5 mm CM
-Black stock (requested change to FDE on 2/22; unconfirmed if this was ever done)

Would you guys be able to give me advice on the best way to go about selling my place in line, and how this is typically done? I tried calling PVA but was not able to contact anyone.
post it in the PX if sharpshot50 falls through

Sorry fellas, I wasn't trying to skirt forum rules or to even attempt to help someone else skirt forum rules, I just wanted to jump on the chance to snag one of these in 6.5CM LH that was ordered a year ago or to at least give someone some information on how to go about transferring the deposit to another buyer. The post seemed genuine enough and I hadn't even gotten around to checking post counts before I sent a PM with some info on how deposit tranfers have gone with PVA in regards to JHRs so far.

Sorry fellas, I wasn't trying to skirt forum rules or to even attempt to help someone else skirt forum rules, I just wanted to jump on the chance to snag one of these in 6.5CM LH that was ordered a year ago or to at least give someone some information on how to go about transferring the deposit to another buyer. The post seemed genuine enough and I hadn't even gotten around to checking post counts before I sent a PM with some info on how deposit tranfers have gone with PVA in regards to JHRs so far.

Guys - not quite sure if I understand all of the above, obviously a newbie at the Sniper's Hide forum here and the way things traditionally operate. If any boundaries were transgressed, it was unintended!

Was part of the group that got an email on 4/23 saying would ship in 2-3 weeks. Has anyone got their order from that group?

Was part of the group that got an email on 4/23 saying would ship in 2-3 weeks. Has anyone got their order from that group?

Delivered to my FFL yesterday. Just have to go pick it up sometime. Nucleus barreled action rh.

Did you check to make sure your FFL information was all sent out to PVA? I think that was part of my problem. Had my FFL send their info and got the shipping notice the following week.

Reactions: Last Chance
Delivered to my FFL yesterday. Just have to go pick it up sometime. Nucleus barreled action rh.

Did you check to make sure your FFL information was all sent out to PVA? I think that was part of my problem. Had my FFL send their info and got the shipping notice the following week.

I checked a couple of weeks ago, and verified that they did have my FFL.

Good to see I’m not the only one. Wish they hadn’t missed this deadline...had my hopes up

Shot it out to 1550 yesterday very happy with final product. Just wish I had bought the jet blast break at the same time.

bohem what is the delivery time of a break if I order?

I don't want to speak for PVA, but I ordered a jet Blast last month, came in 3 days
Yes everyone bought a break and shipped in 2 days

Reactions: Last Chance
Anybody running the PVA 6mmBR Lapua chamber have spent brass neck width measurement? Trying to guestimate a bushing for a Redding bushing die.

Al ^ went a little tighter.
Josh @ PVA shoots a 6br and uses .267
Either will work. You can always use a mandrel to get your neck tension to where you want

Al ^ went a little tighter.
Josh @ PVA shoots a 6br and uses .267
Either will work. You can always use a mandrel to get your neck tension to where you want

Cool. Thanks. I guessed somewhere around 0.269" for about 0.002" tension but without having fired brass in hand it's tough to guess. My typical experience with Lapua brass is to add 0.028" to the bullet diameter then subtract desired tension.

Status
Not open for further replies.