• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes PVS-14 and Trijicon RCO 4x32 ACOG (Marine Version)

shooter6.5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
Bedford,Texas
Does anyone have any personal experience mounting a PVS=14 behind the Trijicon captioned above for night use? The ACOG is a 4x power and would be ideal IF it works. The rep at Larue was not aware if it would work due to the magnification.

I have the PVS mounted behind an Aimpoint and it works but is limited to one power. If the ACOG worked that would be great as it solves both the night and day hunting issue. I have not been able to find anywhere that says either yes or no.

Re: PVS-14 and Trijicon RCO 4x32 ACOG (Marine Version)

yes it does, but the image and clarity of it are shit. We tried it a couple times on a deployment and couldnt stand it. When firing with the PVS14 mounted behind it the 14 shuts off some when the recoil of the round kicks the system off. Also we tried mounting them in front of the optic and it wasnt much better. The recoil is what had us stop doing it

I can be done but you do not want to put it behind the ACOG you would want it in front of it. The reticle is too bright and will burn a reticle pattern in to the unit after some time, this is way some scope offer NV compatible illumination.

Mike

The one problem I ran into when trying to set one up was that with the mil-spec rail mount provided, the RCO has to be mounted so far foward that if you took the PVS-14 off of the rifle, you would have WAY too much eye relief.

Other than that, the image is 100% horrible. Ive done 2 Table 4 night shoots with one infront of the RCO and POI shift is minimal at 25 meters, shooting under CQB conditions, but anything requiring ANY precision would be out of the question unless it was a permanent, dedicated NV set-up.

I didnt experience the recoil related malfunctions mentioned above.

I have probably 7 hours of use through the RCO with the PVS-14 behind it, and havent noticed any chevron appearing in the PVS-14.

Also, Deadly, if you look in a COMPLETE SL-3 bag for the PVS-14, there is a 2nd eye-cup that looks like its meant to mate up to a primary day optic....on the diopter ring end....Which made me think the PVS-14 mates up to the RCO in the front.....which would utilize that special eye-cup....no?

yeah it would, but come on Im in a grunt unit. We never have the shit that is supposed to be there

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah it would, but come on Im in a grunt unit. We never have the shit that is supposed to be there </div></div>
+1 on that. SL-3 lists are never complete.

you can get 3x magnifier which screws on the pvs-14 and then place that unit behind the aimpoint or eotech. that should give you the magnification your looking for without sacrificing the clarity.

Reticle way too bright for long use. Plus you usually have to mount the AGOG forward which you lose your day dope. The OSTI TANS or the PVS-22 work EXTREMELY well with ACOGS to say the least and are the preferred method. Hope this helps.

Vic

Typical bloom from an NSN with a 14 behind.

PICT0713.jpg

PVS-22ACOGPICTableBcopy.jpg

PVS-22-UNSC.jpg

is there any way to mount a pvs-14 in front of an acog and get it focused?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Surgeon-Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is there any way to mount a pvs-14 in front of an acog and get it focused? </div></div>

Focus is not the issue but usually a POI/POA shift due to the mis-optical alignment of the two optics. Yes, some have used a 14 out in front of an ACOG, but this is hit or miss at best. Hope this helps.

I got two ACOG TA02 LED 4X32mm for two of my FLIR thermal weapon clip-ons that run off a single AA battery if you want to illuminate the reticule. I specifically got these so that I could turn OFF the lighted reticule and only use it when needed since I am running them behind FLIR thermals.

The TA02 has two selectable NV settings compatible with using a PVS-14 behind the ACOG, but like Vic mentioned then the ACOG would be mounted too far forward to be able to use it during the day because of the short ocular eye relief.

ACOG%20LED.jpg

Red%20Reticule%20175%20Yards%20T60.jpg

Reactions: mikefraz