• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

PWS MK214

Re: PWS MK214

Ok, a little update on the MK214.

I have made no changes to the rifle, other than moving my bipods back to the magwell area. We all know that this rifle is not free floating, and shooting from bipods "can" cause you to spray your rounds if you don't run it properly... it also causes the rifle to print high, on bolt lock back... last round, empty chamber...

This past week we ran the Sniper Week for Florida SWAT Association and I got a chance to run the MK214 during the class. A fellow instructor suggested that I try the bipods mounted back towards the magwell, and I must admit, it works well.

All in all, I allowed anyone that wanted to shoot the rifle, some trigger time. Every single person that shot it, loved it. Running the rifle on steel, is a dream. We shot multiple steel engagements from 85 yards out to 550 yards, and this rifle engaged all like a champ.

Over 400 rounds were put through it in one day... one session... not a single issue. In fact, there was a DPMS LR-308 in the class, and that rifle kept having feeding issues, due to the bolt drying out.

I'm not trying to compare my MK214 to any rifle, because you just can't... it's that different. What I am saying is, this rifle runs, and runs very well. It may not print the tightest groups on paper, but engaging steel in a stress shoot, doesn't make this rifle even break a sweat.

After lunch, one of the lead instructors got behind the MK214 and dialed the 550 yard DOPE into the scope, and sent a cold bore round on a steel popper at 550 with a good solid center mass hit. He then engaged several targets around it with reticle holds, hitting them all.

All I heard was giggling from behind the glass.

The most common statement after shooting the rifle was... "Man, that thing shoots so soft!!!"

To date, there has been right at 1500 rounds through it, with zero issues at all.

I will be letting this rifle go to a large Sheriff's Office for some testing after SWAT Roundup in Orlando. I'm anxious to see and hear about what they find with this rifle. I already know they will love it...

Not much else to report.

I will be teaching with John, up in the panhandle next month, and this rifle will be with me. The students that come to the class will have the chance to run it, and give me some input.

Cheers everyone... Stay safe!

Does it really weigh 8lbs? Barrel get hot quick? My LMT could be used for a boat anchor. With an NF scope and loaded mag Im over 15lbs.

This rifle, rigged just the way I have it, with the USO SN3 and loaded magazine comes in at 12.9 pounds on my calibrated digital scale at work.

The barrel does not heat up any quicker than any of my other rifles. The rails do get hot, near the gas block though... so if you are firing the rifle bare handed, holding it, you need to put some rail covers on it to keep the heat out of your hand.

I have yet to notice any difference shooting from the bipods or my bag.

I will be running this rifle in John's class we are teaching in North Florida next weekend. During this class, MUCH video and pictures will be taken, so expect some new data to be added.

1500 rounds through this baby so far, not a single moments trouble. This rifle is definitely a solid performer... it continues to amaze me.

Re: PWS MK214 ----- NATO or Winchester?

DMACK

I've got a couple of boxes of 308 federal gold match. Can these be fired in my mk214? Can the brass be reloaded? Is there a NATO sizing die that anyone here recommends?
What is the best 7.62x51 brass out there?

John

Hi there John,

The PWS MK2 series rifles uses a 7.62x51 chamber... but after speaking with Todd Tuttle about this, I found out that they ream the chambers on the TIGHT side of the SAAMI Specs for the Nato Round. He told me that their chambers were cut .003 over the minimum SAAMI specs for that cartridge.

You can run 7.62x51 as well as .308 WIN in the MK2 with no issues. I've found that the 168 grain Federal Gold Medal Match as well as the 175 grain FGMM both run flawlessly in the MK214. My gun, for what ever reason, prefers the 175 grain over the 168 for accuracy. I can only assume that the longer 175 sits tighter in the leade, getting the bearing surface closer to the lands / grooves.

I am not a reloading guru by any stretch of the imagination. But, I have several good friends that are. I was able to run some handloads through my rifle a while back. These were .308 Privi Partisan brass cases, with Federal Gold Medal primers. The bullets were 175 grain Sierra Match Kings loaded to a COAL of 2.790" over 43.5 grains of Varget. I was able to chrono five of these, and came up with an average muzzle velocity of 2470 fps.

I'm currently loading some now, to those specs, to see how they fly. I have yet to see or hear of a difference between using 7.62x51 dies, or .308 WIN dies. I use RCBS dies in .308 for my stuff. Works fine. Again, I am not a subject matter expert on reloading... it's a new found hobby of mine. I really like it though, it is an exercise in my OCD getting everything exactly the same.

I have some 155 grain A-Max bullets that I am working load data on. So far, there seems to be promise with this bullet. As with any AR style rifle, we are limited in COAL to the magazine.

As for the "best" brass in 7.62x51... well, if you can come up with some true Lake City M118LR brass, that seems to be the hot ticket. I have several hundred of the Lake City M118LR annealed brass, but have not reloaded any of it yet. All of my .308 brass is Federal, Lapua or Winchester.

I hope this helps Brother.

Cheers!

thanks Dmack

Just for safety sake I am going to transition everthing to 7.62 NATO.

I got me a Cartridge Headspace Tool
headspace micrometer which I'll use to keep an eye on things.

I am also looking for a Forster Co-Ax Press to add to my setup. These things have been around for decades and I just heard about it this week. I'll also use forster micrometer seating dies for concentricity. There is a video by David Tubb called high power reloading that shares a wealth of information on the subject. I've watched it 10 times and I'm still gleaming stuff off of it..
grin.gif

I am putting together one of these setups - Forster case trimmer with carbide 3-in-1 case mouth cutter I got buckets of brass to go through
cry.gif

I normally buy Lee reloading presses and dies and I'll keep using Lee for pistol ammo, but for rifle ammo I am going to Forster products.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Venharis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DMACK

I've got a couple of boxes of 308 federal gold match. Can these be fired in my mk214? Can the brass be reloaded? Is there a NATO sizing die that anyone here recommends?

John </div></div>

Redding 308 Small base die for any auto-loaders. It's what I use to ease the feeding of reloads.
Redding small base body die @ midwaysusa.com

The best brass is Lapua. Most consistent in weight and uniformity.

DMack, I may have missed it but have you shot any 100 yd groups with this? I know its not supposed to be a precision rifle but it is sure shaking out that way. I would be interested to see what they would shake out to be.
Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: animalmother85</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Venharis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DMACK

John </div></div>

Redding 308 Small base die for any auto-loaders. It's what I use to ease the feeding of reloads.
Redding small base body die @ midwaysusa.com

The best brass is Lapua. Most consistent in weight and uniformity. </div></div>

Thanks animalmother,
Can I use this die to bump the shoulder 2 or 3 thousands on once fired (in my rifle) NATO brass then use the Lee collet die to work and straighten the neck then use the forster micrometer bullet seating die to keep me concentric? If I can get away from the full size die with the dreaded expander ball can this work?

Guys...

I just received some valuable information that I want to share. I for one, do not know anything about chambers, or how barrels are produced. So, for me to speak intelligently about this subject, I have to rely on information that I am given. When I spoke with Todd Tuttle about the chambers, trying to get an idea about how they cut them, he told me that they are cut .003 on the tight side of SAAMI specs for 7.62x51

Here is the information that I would like to share:

The PWS MK2 chamber head space measure between 1.405” and 1.6430” and if you resize your brass to .308 WIN spec of 1.630” you will experience head separation after a few loads. A guy will need the ability to measure his brass and bump the shoulder accordingly if he plans on reloading for the MK2 safely. Again this is only an issue if a guy plans on reloading for the MK2 and sizing the brass with a .308 WIN die adjusted to manufactures instructions.

You’ll be able to confirm this with chamber gauges in your rifle.
7.62 x 51mm NATO
GO: 1.635"
NOGO: 1.6385"
FIELD REJECT: 1.6455"

So, please use this information as a "go by". I am a fledgling in the art of reloading... so, this is all new to me.

Again, sorry for any misdirection I may have led into this topic, it was surely unintentional.

Chris, I am not really big on posting groups up on the internet, for they are all subject to interpretation. A guy can shoot fifty, five shot groups and pick the best one to post.

What I have found is, that the MK214 groups the best with 175 SMK in the M118LR variety. Why? Can't tell you. I have been able to produce some ragged "one hole" groups at 100 yards, and so have many other shooters. But, what I typically do is stack a bunch of one inch circles on paper and put one round in each circle. I find that the shooter chases the sight picture less that way, and it allows me to focus on fundamentals over a wide spread, to look for consistency issues.

Can you do the same shooting traditional three, five or ten shot groups? Yes. But, to hit a one inch dot, over and over, after moving the rifle, and mounting / un mounting... makes it a bit of a challenge.

The best place I have found to mount bipods on this rifle is back near the barrel nut. It allows for fast transitions, and does not seem to induce as much barrel torque into the rifle.

I do not have any delusions that this rifle will win any bench rest competitions, but will it perform the role of a Police Sniper Weapon System? Yes... with aplomb.

I will send you some of the groups that we have shot with this rifle... but, those that own it can attest that it's accuracy is more than adequate.

Cheers!

DMack

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DMack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will send you some of the groups that we have shot with this rifle... but, those that own it can attest that it's accuracy is more than adequate.
</div></div>
If I recall correctly the 1st (and only) time I shot this rifle at 850 I shot a 10 shot group that measured around 10 inches. If you took the 2-3 fliers out of the mix I had a nice 8 inch group and I think you got a pic of it that day. I doubt I could do that every time with consistency but having never touched that rifle before I call that pretty impressive. I'm confident that I could make body shots at that distance at least 80% of the time with it and inside 600 yards you can't hide from it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If I recall correctly the 1st (and only) time I shot this rifle at 850 I shot a 10 shot group that measured around 10 inches. If you took the 2-3 fliers out of the mix I had a nice 8 inch group and I think you got a pic of it that day. I doubt I could do that every time with consistency but having never touched that rifle before I call that pretty impressive. I'm confident that I could make body shots at that distance at least 80% of the time with it and inside 600 yards you can't hide from it. </div></div>

I can attest to this accuracy with my MK214, it will put rounds on a BC-C zone target @ 650 yard at least 80% of the time.
I also have a MGM IPSC Precision Rifle Target with the head shot area 6 wide x 6" tall, with the "eye" area 1" x 3.5", and the "nose" area 1.25" wide and .75" tall. Chest is a 5" diameter circle. We can easily hit the 5” circle @ 200 yards and the eye box is achievable but difficult. At 450 yards the 5” circle is difficult to hit repeatedly and I would say the eye box is a luck shot at this distance but one the biggest limiting factors could be the 1X4 scope.
The PWS MK2 series riffles are billed as battle weapons not precision riffles but as Battle Axe stated I would not want to be on the receiving end at the effective range of the cartridge because this little rifle can get them there.

At typical LE engagement distances, this rifle is unstoppable. I consistently nail T-Zone hits out to 200 yards with ease. I have a USO SN3 3.2-17 on mine... Soon will have a USO SN3 1.8-10 which is the perfect optic for this in my opinion.

I also have a Geissle SD-E and a PWS PRC which helps. The trigger gives me very clean, consistent trigger break and the PRC (Precision Rifle Compensator) really tames the muzzle. It really is a very soft shooting rifle.

Ok, as Battle Axe stated... here are pictures of his shooting. His first time shooting this rifle was at 850 yards on the IPSC style target. He fired 10 rounds, having never shot this rifle... not even a dry fire. I'll take this all day long!

132.jpg

Here is a 12" swinger that we had at 600 yards. Again, BA had no time behind this gun... again, I'll take this all day long.

133.jpg

134-1.jpg

Here is some of my shooting on a popper that also was at 600 yards. This was before I realized that moving the bipods back to the barrel nut will induce way less barrel torque, and hold a better group. Still, I would not want to be on the receiving end of this little rifle.

135.jpg

136.jpg

As stated... will this rifle set the bench rest shooting world on fire? No. It was never designed for that. However, where this rifle holds it's own, is that is it amazingly reliable. It just runs. It's not picky... but it does like 175 SMK's... a lot.

At least my gun does.

It's short. It's light. It's a long stroke piston. It's not free floating. But, it works.

Last sunday I shot 400 yards 4" wide 8/10 using my reload ammo Sierra 165 spitzr with powder H4895 42.7gr. Hit the target at 600 yards 10/10 12"target love this PWS MK216 rifle. Next sunday I will try sierra 155 palma king with varget 44.5gr. Thanks

Great shooting Ron. My findings exactly. PWS does not get the recognition they should. These little rifles shoot!

This group was not shot by me... but was a six shot string from 100 yards out of a MK216 with FGMM.

The shooter confirmed with me, that he found the same bolt lock back issue induces a flier.

6 rounds... notice the flier.

100yardsFGMMwithMK216.jpg

The SECRET to shooting these rifles is fairly easy. It's called fundamentals. If you do what you are supposed to do, these rifles shoot. Follow through is key... I find that it is definitely the shooter that is at fault for stringing the rounds, rather than the non free floating rails.

Once I moved my bipods back near the barrel nut... it tamed down considerably. I shoot from a bag most of the time though. So again... if anyone doubts that the PWS MK2 series rifle is accurate... remember what it is, and what it can do. They are amazing SBR's... that will put the bullet where you want it to go with considerably efficiency... with less weight to lug around.

Oh, and they run very well.

More to come...

Dmack I just read an article in this months American Rifleman about snipers in Afghan where they talk about the Military getting Federal producing what they call MK316 MOD 0... a 175gr 308 round developed Navy's Crane Surface Warfare... so you're on to something. I'm told today that I should be getting my MK214 next week hopefully - looking forward to taking it out to the range

I don't think the barrel on these rifles are talked about enough... i think that has to be the key

NICE DMACK,NICE TO SEE SOMEONE GIVING SO MUCH FEED BACK.IVE GOT #6 OF 25 OF PWS SPECIAL 308 AND #28 OF 50 OF THERE 5.56 AND THEY RUN SMOOTH AND NOT MUCH RECOIL.MY FRIENDS LIKE THEM AND NOW HAVE THERE OWN.HAVE THE 10IN UPPER WITH QCB,RUNS SWEET.BUDDY IS SETTING UP SBR WITH SUPPRESOR AT THIS TIME.GONNA BUY ANOTHER 308 THIS WEEK,JUST THE BASIC RIFLE BUT HOPE TO GET ANOTHER SPECIAL ONE THIS YEAR,REDS TRADING POST GETS THERE SPECIAL MADE RIFLES EVERY YEAR AND I GET AN E-MAIL LETTING ME KNOW WHATS COMMING NEXT.THANKS FOR THE REAL WORLD TESTING,AS I READ THE POSTS AND NEVER ADD ANYTHING,BUT I DO TAKE ADVICE AND REVIEWS.P.S. TRY THE RAPTOR CLAW BI-POD,IT ARTICULATES BETTER THAN THE OTHERS,

ALLCON:

Thank you for your feedback. I don't own the patent on this review thread... it's here, to bring a no shit assessment to this rifle. I try to be as real as I can, and say the good, the bad, the ugly. So far, I don't have many negatives that I can say about this rifle.

I stand by the fact that you do need to change out the trigger... the milspec one is "meh"... a milspec single stage trigger. Nothing to write home about. It works, and works well... but, to get the accuracy out of the MK2 series rifles, you really need to get a good precision trigger.

I believe that my rifle shoots so well, do the the barrel being short, and stiff. It's also due to the muzzle device. The PRC works very, very well. It does not kick up debris like I thought it would, and does not bark flames like a canon at night either. However, it DOES side gas a bit, I mean... it's a brake for Pete's sake... so, be aware of that when shooting with the PRC next to someone. I also know that the long stroke piston lends itself to being a soft shooting platform... combined with the enhanced buffer tube, this is the softest shooting AR-10 I have ever had the pleasure of shooting.

RTF, I will give a look into the bipod you suggested... I'm always looking for gear that works.

Cheers everyone... be safe out there, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

v/r

DMack

have you shot anyway .308 yet, and if so is the 7.62 more accurate?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhoenixFirearms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FEDERAL CARTRIDGE CO 7.62x51 Nato M1A Centerfire Ammunition

100 yards 6 shot pattern one on right was from sighting in.
PWS MK216.Geissele SSA trigger.
FEDERAL CARTRIDGE CO 7.62x51 Nato M1A Centerfire Ammunition

Federal 7.62x51MM Nato 168 Grain OTM
This centerfire rifle cartridge choice is very suitable for

SPECIFICATIONS:
Mfg Item Num: A76251M1A
Category: AMMO CENTERFIRE
Caliber :7.62mm NATO
Bullet Type :OTM
Bullet Weight :168 GR
Muzzle Energy :2619 ft lbs
Muzzle Velocity :2650 fps

First time shooting it since it came back from PWS.</div></div>

i think you're better off reloading LC 7.62 brass instead of .308 brass for our MK214's it will fit better in the chamber, but take off 2 grn off your load since I hear that the NATO brass is thicker and it has a little less room. Thisis what I'm planning on doing. The headspace is .013 longeron NATO rounds vs .308, my two cents

I had a rough day with my PWS MK216 using my reloaded ammo h4895 41.2, smk 175gr, 48f wind 5-6mph (unknown direction). I aimed at 700 yards 4/10 with a target size 6" radius, can hardly see using my Trijicon scope 5-22x50mm. The center dot was almost bigger than the target size!

Update:
After I fired my PWS MK216 around 300 rounds yesterday this is what I found out when I clean my rifle, the head of the firing pin turn into like mushroom.

6506692369_d4b5a770db_b.jpg

Ron,

That does not look right... I have right at 1,600 rounds through my MK214 to date, and my firing pin looks brand new. What trigger group are you using? I have the Geissele SD-E in mine...

You may want to call Todd or Stacey at PWS and let them know. What is your round count thus far?

As stated, my firing pin looks brand new.

Is it galled up? Peened? Or is that carbon that is building up on it? Can you post a few more pictures???

Thanks!

v/r

DMack

I used Geissele SSA-E for my trigger. I talked to Stacey and he asked me to return the old one for investigation. Actually I managed to grind it using the sandpaper 800grit and by 1000grit polish. Fortunately, they will still send me a replacement.

I really don't know but Stacey thought it was a soft batch of firing pins.

I don't think it's a carbon build up because I always clean my rifle after every firing session.

My DPMS LR 308 firing pin did the same thing. Its from the fast drag on the firing pin's striker head being dragged over the hammer when re-cocking the trigger group.

Take a hard look at your hammer, and see if it needs to be smoothed out some.

I run a JP trigger, @ 4.5 lbs with the DPMS factory hammer, factory firing pin.

The process of removing the finish on the hammer's face, can be part of the issue with the firing pin.

John

I was trying to look for the culprit but the hammer head is so smooth, i felt no rough areas when feeling it with my finger.

Thanks J. Boyette, that's a good advice.

I'm learning a lot from everyone here. Thanks guys!

UPDATE:

My US Optics SN3 1.8-10 will be here on Saturday. I am taking off my 3.2-17 SN3 and putting the 1.8-10 on my MK214. During the cleaning of my MK214 on Saturday, I noticed that the set screw that keeps the bolt catch in place, was missing, This came out in my bag, or something... and is now gone by way of the Dodo Bird.

I am shipping my MK214 to PWS in the next week, so it will be in the booth at S.H.O.T.

I called Stacey at PWS, and told me that once my MK214 and my MK114 gets to the shop, they will go over them, and look for abnormal wear, throw a throat errosion gauge in there and see if the round count is effecting the rifles at all... and they will replace the set screw that holds the bolt catch in place. Again, I use my rifles hard, and I loan them out all the time. I missed the fact that it is a set screw and not a roll pin like on a normal AR-15 lower.

So, moral is... check that set screw and make sure it does not work loose.

Cheers!!!

I hope they(PWS) give you christmas gift a Brand New rifle for you time and effort. God Bless You and Merry Christmas!

Ron, that would be VERY generous... but, I ask nothing of PWS. It is a pleasure for me to be associated with them, even though I don't work for them. They build really great rifles, and I have enjoyed bringing a little exposure to their company... but, in the end, I don't ask for a thing.

Did you get a new firing pin yet? I have asked around, and DPMS had a batch of soft firing pins that went out... looks like you may have gotten one of those. I checked mine... and it still looks new.

why did you have to send it back?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: losman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">have you shot anyway .308 yet, and if so is the 7.62 more accurate?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PhoenixFirearms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FEDERAL CARTRIDGE CO 7.62x51 Nato M1A Centerfire Ammunition

100 yards 6 shot pattern one on right was from sighting in.
PWS MK216.Geissele SSA trigger.
FEDERAL CARTRIDGE CO 7.62x51 Nato M1A Centerfire Ammunition

Federal 7.62x51MM Nato 168 Grain OTM
This centerfire rifle cartridge choice is very suitable for

SPECIFICATIONS:
Mfg Item Num: A76251M1A
Category: AMMO CENTERFIRE
Caliber :7.62mm NATO
Bullet Type :OTM
Bullet Weight :168 GR
Muzzle Energy :2619 ft lbs
Muzzle Velocity :2650 fps

First time shooting it since it came back from PWS.</div></div> </div></div>

so DPMS and PWS MK2's use the same firing oins and are interchangeable?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DMack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ron, that would be VERY generous... but, I ask nothing of PWS. It is a pleasure for me to be associated with them, even though I don't work for them. They build really great rifles, and I have enjoyed bringing a little exposure to their company... but, in the end, I don't ask for a thing.

Did you get a new firing pin yet? I have asked around, and DPMS had a batch of soft firing pins that went out... looks like you may have gotten one of those. I checked mine... and it still looks new. </div></div>

Hey Dmack, I just wanted to say that you have written one of the most detailed and helpful reviews on a rifle that I have seen online. Because of your writing I am now considering a PWS rifle where I hadn't before. I will deff come by and say hi at SHOT, thanks again.

Trevor

PWS uses the DPMS pattern on the MK2 series rifle, yes. So, DPMS pattern parts will work.

Trevor, thank you for the compliment. I look forward to meeting you at SHOT. Best of luck with your decision. PWS makes a solid rifle... That's a fact.

Cheers!

DMack

Ok, I finally got my 1.8-10 US Optics SN3 mounted up. Battle Axe and I will be going out on Friday to lay down some honest groups from the bipods and from the bag. Pics and video to come.

My original intent was to run this rifle in this configuration, now that my 1.8-10 SN3 is here, I can move forward with testing.

Stay tuned!

Darren, sent you a PM, I am picking up the MK214 and should have it by the end of the year.

Thanks again and I will post pics when I get it in!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DMack</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Battle Axe and I will be going out on Friday to lay down some honest groups from the bipods and from the bag. Pics and video to come.</div></div>

Oh great so if I have a bad day you can blame everything on me LOL

Is it Friday yet?

The USO 1.8-10 is now my favorite optic.

Ok, update...

I put my new SN3 1.8-10 on this rifle, using US Optics rings, and a flat top low profile riser base. The optic was a bit far forward, so we had to re mount it to get the eye relief correct.

All in all, Murphy was with us at the range. I wrote a bit more about it in my MK114 thread.

I let BA run this rifle to see what kind of group he could get out of it, for I was shooting like CRAP this day.

We tried a number of different things, and settled on the bipods from the bench. Neither one of us like shooting from the bench, but we must do, what we must do.

Range: Gateway - Jacksonville, FL
Rifle: PWS MK214
Optic: US Optics SN3 TPAL / EREK 1.8-10 with GAP MIL reticle
Trigger: Geissele SD-E
Stock: VLTOR EMod
Pistol Grip: MAGPUL MIAD
Bipods: Harris with Notched Legs
Ammo: 175 grain SMK / FGMM
Distance: 100 yards

Here is BA behind the PWS MK214

RangeDaywithPWSMKrifles002.jpg

Here is the rifle sitting on the crappy / leaky bag... could never get it to feel right. Plus, you can't shoot prone on this range... bummer. (The bag I am referring to, is the black bag up front... an El-Cheapo bag rest from Gander Mountain. The rear bag is a TAB GEAR from Rifle's Only... best $20 I have ever spent.)

RangeDaywithPWSMKrifles001.jpg

Here is a five shot string that BA laid down... the flier was round number 2, and he called it. The SN3 was not zeroed completely, for we were rushed and just wanted to get it on paper.

IMAG0946.jpg

The Vertical Stringing, was very much due to the fact that the rifle was sliding on the table. Still, I will take that all day long.

This rifle is accurate. But, is not the easiest rifle to shoot well. I have good days, GREAT days, and very crappy days with it. Still, it goes boom every single time you pull the trigger, and it has the softest recoil pulse from a large bore rifle, that I have ever felt. For what I do with this rifle... it is perfect. The USO SN3 1.8-10 is the absolute PERFECT compliment to this rifle...

More to come.

Merry Christmas to you all...

v/r

DMack

Actually on that target was when the bag really started leaking bad and you can see the almost perfect vertical stringing as it settled into the bag. Except for the one I pulled the horizontal spread is pretty amazing.

Good job guys

In this world, people seem to forget that 1 MOA is the standard. Anything better then 1 MOA is great.

1 MOA will win all matches and kill anything on the planet so I say even on bad days, gear, new options and all that, the rifle is still 1 MOA or better.

Who cares if the grouping is a vertical line. Its a new system now.

John