Q Mini fix (or fix) light primer strikes

Gallente

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2018
Had 1 light strike, cci 450 6.5cm. Put it in an ATX rifle and no issue.

jdodd

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 23, 2011
Maine
Local shop has a mini fix (unsure if its impacted by recall) I was interested in but damn if this thread, and the issues discussed, doesn't make me think twice...

meestermurphy

Private
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2008
Reno, NV
www.randomgunstuff.com
Local shop has a mini fix (unsure if its impacted by recall) I was interested in but damn if this thread, and the issues discussed, doesn't make me think twice...
After mine spending 19 weeks at Q for repair, I will not purchase anything else they make. The more I shoot my wife's Seekins Havak Element, the more buyers remorse that I have.

MSBRPT

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2022
WA
After mine spending 19 weeks at Q for repair, I will not purchase anything else they make. The more I shoot my wife's Seekins Havak Element, the more buyers remorse that I have.
I can relate. I checked their "fix my fix", mine wasn't affected apparently. They intentionally designed the gun to have a light spring for a light bolt lift and trigger pull. I think they rushed this gun out the door. $3k and it doesn't shoot anything and everything is inexcusable.

Cascade Hemi

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2019
PNW
There is no way to get around heavy bolt lift if a manufacturer wants to use 4, 5, 6, etc bolt lugs and still have reliable ignition. If your fix (or mini fix) has low bolt lift weight it is because it has weak springs. The striker still has to retract the same distance as any other bolt action with the same mass firing pin. The shorter the bolt rotation/throw, the steeper the cam ramp to retract/cock the firing pin. To make matter worse, Q insists on a very short low profile bolt lever.

If you go back to the first SHOT show video of KB demo'ing the fix at range day you can watch him struggle to cock the gun. Massaging cam angle and cocking pieces only gets you so far to reduce the lift effort without entirely redesigning the action. SIG went with a three lug and longer lever, Q went with lighter springs...which one has ignition complaints?

huntnh

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2010
New Hampshire
Glad to hear there fessing up and fixing the fix. Iv got a early model haven’t Had a problem

Last edited: