• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Quality files needed

lariat

Two Star General
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2018
Looking to buy more files. No Ace Hardware or HF. I’m looking for quality. Will use on steel and aluminum.

Need double and single cut, both hand and flat files. And if there exists someone that makes higher end needle files let me know.

Brownells is a good place to start. I have thou$ands of dollars in files, who knew one could spend that much on files.
Swiss, German, USA narrow files, pillar files, round files, triangular files, safe sided files, dovetail files, screw slot files (you can really $pend money in this category) draw files, diamond files, checkering files.......yadah. Nicholson files are just fine for many coarse tasks.
And don't forget to use chalk to keep the metal filings out of the teeth. Expect to pay $40-50 per file for the good stuff.
Google and download the Treatise on Files to really learn all the variations and nuances. Made some small handles for the needle files for much better control.
Boride Engineering Diamond Needle Files copy.jpg
EZE-LAP Diamond files copy.jpg
IMG_5221 copy.jpg
IMG_5222 copy.jpg
IMG_8379 copy.JPG
IMG_8383 copy.JPG
Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 6.00.39 AM.png