• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors question about a Yankee Hill supressor

Blackhawk95

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2008
Mississippi
A buddy of mind has got an order in for a Yankee Hill 7.62mm supressor and they offer 2 different mounting systems a quick detach and thread on.

My question is, is there any difference in accuracy between the quick detach and the thread-on?

Thanks for the help.

Re: question about a Yankee Hill supressor

Come on guys, I'm curious about this question myself. I have a can on the way. Can anybody shed light on this. I have heard talk that there was a slight accuracy issue with QD's, but have not heard it from anyone that has one or experience.

There is a post that this is discussed in a few posts down.

me thinks the precision bolt gun guys are not going hollywood with the QD stuff......them that got 'em know what the poa/poi difference is......

Yeah, sure is. Found it after posting here, (the first one I came to). I'm figuring you probably just missed the post further down. anyhow, I got an answer. another hide member sent me a PM, nice one too, no sarcastic remarks. Said his groups actually got better with the QD suppressor. I guess BOLTRIPPER is right however, those that have, know. Apparently he didn't know though, cause he couldn't answer the question or was just bein an ass, what the f@&* kinda answer was that. Some of us don't have, yet. But it helps when we're looking, to get an educated or experienced answer that will help us choose better.

I have a HOWA 308 that I ran an AAC Cyclone on and switched to a YHM QD silencer, the point of aim changed a bit but group size did not.

I have a YHM Mite QD and I have tried a nonQD mount on it also. Same model just no QD. The POI changed about 1/2" at 50yrds and that was the same change I got when I put the QD mount on without the supressor. The group size was virually identical. My experience only, and with a 22 can.

Thanks guys (David Hineline and Balthasar), Your post were exactly what I was looking for. I'm sure it helped Blackhawk95 too.

QD Mount on mine works great... tightened groups by about 30-50%

Wow, good question. I have a YHM QD suppressor in my buddy's safe for me right now but after looking at it last night thought it might be better to go a different route and get a thread on. Actually ordered a thread on but they sent a QD one. Now I have some serious thinkin to do. Might just thread the barrel and throw a QD lug on there and one of his other suppressors on there and see how it works before I transfer.

Twisted, that would be cool to see if there is actually any accuracy difference between the two different types of mounts.

I was talking to my buddy about this tonight and we will eventually do a test. Only downside is that it will be different brand suppressors and he doesn't have a thread YHM .308 on hand.

I can imagine that there is much difference. And as far as the YHM QD setup there are advantages. Since it doesn't seem to hinder accuracy at all the QD is not bad there. Plus a QD .308 can will attach to a .223 QD lug so you can use the .30cal can on a .223 such as an AR. Plus the .30 cal can on an AR is quieter than a 5.56 can on an AR.

I thought there couldnt be much difference between the different types of mounts.

With either type there both going to have tp be aligned properly.